Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scanlation Recruitment

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member cobra2150's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Scanlation Recruitment

Ok well as the title says I want to see if I can get a few people to help with the scanlation process as it can take a little bit of time to do what I have been doing, and if we have more people we can put out a higher quality release. So if you have done this in the past, and have some samples that you can provide please let me know, if you would like to help and have not done it in the past go to the <a href="http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?board=151.0">MH Academy</a> and participate in the lessons to learn how to help out.

Currently I am the only one that is working on this particular project and am looking for people to help in the following areas:

Cleaning
    Typesetting
    Coloring (would like to have a few people to color some pages to include as bonus pages cause they are just cool)
    Translating (would be good to have someone that can post translations and get them done in a timely manner)
    Raw Provider (if someone could get us good quality raws at a decent speed that would be great)

I am sure their are some other aspects that I have not covered and if you think of any and want to help out let me know. Right now TRC is the only project I can do because I am alone, I would like to take on a few more projects (yet to be determined) that have a good fanbase and bring them out on a regular basis to the fans of the series. As a note I do not intend to sub projects such as Bleach, Naruto, and any other one that is being subbed by so many talented groups, I love the series and love reading them, but I also read other series and so do other people. So while they can do the ones that are the most popular, I want to work on the ones that can become popular and make them avialable in a timely fashion and at least a MQ release everytime.

Cobra

Moderator message by: hatsuharupeace
    Merged all three Hyuu Scans threads together
    Last edited by hatsuharupeace; July 05, 2008 at 12:03 AM.

=D 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tamerlane's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scanlation Recruitment

I am actually surprised that you have not asked for help sooner...this is a large project to take over by yourself.

You might want to keep an eye on the MH Academy, there are some people there that are going thru the whole learning process that might want to help out with TRC.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I should also say that you will need a proofreader/quality checker. Someone needs to spot mistakes. I maen not evreyone is as prefect as me...doh!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well thats the thing with me... I like things done a certain way... and when I ask for help from others... well I can be a little picky, one requirement I want is they need to be a fan of the manga, because with being a fan of the manga they take extra care. You can do a good job working on any manga, but you can do a great job just as easily on one you love.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, hmmm, I am not too good at doing cleaning, but I can do some stuff. I know how to use photoshop but i am still getting aquainted with the whole tedious process that is scanlating. However, I would very much like to help with TRC. I thought that Be with you scans was currently scanlating it though. Last I checked they were on chapter 100 or so. Well if theirs anything I can help with lemme know.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Be With You Scans is scanlating it, but they are doing what seems to be only HQ releases which are a lot slower, what I want to do is do them weekly as they come out so the fans can read them as soon as possible. As for helping out right now the one thing I can say is to practice up, be it on TRC or something else, once we get enough people willing to help we will get something going, as for now I would recomend going to MH Academy, I am still practicing their myself.

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

count me in for either editing or typesetting or both, cleaning isn't all that good right now, still learning how to use the pen-tool effective.... drop me a pm

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh. I could mabye do basic translating (I'm getting better) but I feel I'm nowhere good enough for scan translating yet. However, if you really need any help, I'll see what I can do.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok well the second cleaning and editing challenge has now been posted in the MH Academy, if you wish to help please go and show what you can do... I am also still honing my skills and it helps alot to practice their.

I also might do a test later when the TRC Raw comes out later this week... I might select a page to see if you guys can clean it and typeset it or whatever you are willing to help with.

As far as Translating goes for this Tylor I guess the main thing right now would be to verify that it is accurate and I noticed most of the sound effects are not translated so if you could add some of that as well to the trans that would be great.

Just a heads up of some basic things to see where everyone stands... lets try and get this going so we can get this going good.

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra2150
    Ok well the second cleaning and editing challenge has now been posted in the MH Academy, if you wish to help please go and show what you can do... I am also still honing my skills and it helps alot to practice their.
    I won't attempt that one, cause i have still some hours of work for some other chaps, but you can take a look at my D.Gray-Man ch82 scanlation if you want to see what i can do out of the usual jump-scans....

for translation:
    sfx-translation wouldn't be a problem, but i think it is only necessary for the most important ones... (or do you actually plan on redrawing all thats beneath the sfx and put the english ones in?)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not plan on redrawing most of them at all but I would like to do a side note of what it is at least (e.g. SFX: Bleh). That way the average reader can understand what it means.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Scanlation Group Name

Well like the topic says I am trying to think of a name for the group... feel free to post suggestions I have been trying to think of some and want to know if you have any suggestions.

this is the only one I could think of at the moement

SouHiEN Subs(or Scanlations) *Note it is a play on the names of both swords since it Sohi and Hien I just combine the "H" and "i" let me know what you think and make some suggestions. Also I tried to see if this was an actual word someplace and couldn't find it if it is and means something let me know.*

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scanlation Group Name

If not that one, why not some kind of play on T, R, and C? ( I was gonna say "The Right Stuff" but "s" isnt a "c")

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Snake?

Keep it simple and easy to remember. That's the important part.
    [size=12pt]<br />Want to give back to the community? Visit The Academy.[/size]

=D 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tamerlane's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinwei does have a point, a shorter name is easier to remember and to spell out. Maybe something like Clow, since that is where it all started and most likely will all end.

If I think of more I will let you know. ^__^;;;

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast