Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: The Katou Thread

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like

    The Katou Thread

    He's the moral center of the whole series. Honest, loyal, trustworthy, heroic. He's the guy who Kei looks up to, a real superman. He managed to kill 1000 arms AND Nurarihyon. He gets all the pretty girls. He's a natural leader who inspires everybody around him. He has been the star of the manga for the last 2 years. So why is he one of the least popular characters?

    Kaze, Nishi, Izumi and even Host Samurai beat him in the popularity poll. The star of the show barely beat Hoi-Hoi the panda.

    It would be great if both Anzu and Kishimoto get rezzed and Oku gives him some tough moral dilemmas to sort out.

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    947
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Katou Thread

    *sees a few tumbleweeds rolling across the floor and hears a few crickets chirping away*

    damn straight, katou is beyond kurono's reach. the toughest thing kurono could kill was the oni boss and he didn't even get the points for it. katou is always willing to help out the random civilian/teammate, even when facing down the likes of nura.

    tough moral dilemmas? they both sacrificed their lives for the guy. i'm sure they'd be willing to put up with a love triangle. XD

    p.s. lols, still no izumi thread.

    Moderator message by: igotthegoods
    actually, there is an izumi thread


    maybe, but no one's posted in it in months. bwa ha ha ha ha
    Last edited by kaliayev; August 23, 2008 at 04:34 PM.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

  3. #3
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    My home
    Country
    Peru
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Katou Thread

    Kato is really strong and IMO he could be a better Gantz Player than Kei.

    But i don't like the guy...really i find his personality really annoying. I want Kei to come back (and i don't like kei that much) just to take the main role again....
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

    心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

    06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

  4. #4
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Gantz's Appartment.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Katou Thread

    Katou is one of my favorites. Hands down.

    He has all of that strength, and yet still thinks of others in a situation where others would think of themselves.

  5. #5
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Katou Thread

    I actually like him, whoever most fans dont seem to like katou because of the kind of people that usually find this manga apealing ,to be honest i have seen far to many posts of fans that go like this: "i wanna see eveybody die again like the buddha mission, because what i like about gantz is the introduction of interesting chars and they getting killed of" to people that thing like this and in a manga that trys to be realistic about peoples behavior when facing life or death situations someone with katous personallity can be annoing because he might look out of place (because someone as heroic as he prolly dosent exist in real life and he is more of a fantasy manga char).That would be my guess at least, anyway the way he never gives up, keeps up with his promises and trys to save people is something i like it is a contrast with the constant killing and the behavior others gantzer show(people like izumi, nishi, the ozaka guys).

  6. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In Between The Wasteland and Sky
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Katou Thread

    I like Katou also, but I disagree that hes a typical fantasy manga character. I find his actions to be quite unique. He acts on morals and general kindness, but unlike alot of typical anime/manga chars that are like this he shows his weaknesses and dosnt act like a heroic god for doing these things. I think hes a rare example of selflessness not often found in anime/manga.

    And incase anyone didnt see my first post ever in the spoiler discussion for 279, im new you all seem fun so I will be discussing Gantz here from now on. Hi ^_^
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

  7. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hollow Kurono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MH
    Country
    Lithuania
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,065
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Katou Thread

    OK,I do like Katou,I realy do I respect what he does,but he is very slow,he is,I realy didnt like the way he didnt try hurting anyone and + he is Oku's favourite,so no doubt about it he has some backup,anyway.Yeah hes a great character and all,an inspiration.But he realy anoys me sometimes,the way he got Anzu and Kishimoto,I understand that perfectly why he gets them,but they go crazy for him,girls dont go that crazy for a guy like that in real life.

    He realy hold Kurono back in my opinion,you with the Kishimoto thing,he only thought about her and Katou,the Katou-kun,Katou-kun shit drove him crazy.Im not blaming him but Kishimoto.

    Hes a great character and has his own noble reasons,but hes definantly in the wrong manga,he should be in a Naruto type comic,fuck Katou is hella slow,I dont know what Oku wants to make out of him,but he seems like Goku and Goku is one of a kind,hes a perfect hero in my eyes,but Katou must become a bit more agresive,cause he realy is realy hesitating and that is pissin me off.

    I dont know,if I like him or not,but Im an ultimate Kurono fan so I have to say those things,I respect Katou and all,but I am confused in this Kurono Katou thing.But still Kurono,Izumi>Katou.



    And whats up with these Nishi,Katou threads...

    And it pisses me off that the first mission he comes back from he gets the motherfuckin 100 points,that what pisses me off,it be better if they were given to NIshi,hed know what to do with them,cause hell use it badly,Katou had 5 before he died,I dont know maybe he got like 10 points for 1000 arms,but he got 100points in the first mission so fast and thats what I absolutely hate.

    I so miss Kurono and Izumi.
    Last edited by Hollow Kurono; August 25, 2008 at 01:23 PM.

  8. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In Between The Wasteland and Sky
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Katou Thread

    @hallow
    I see what your saying but the one thing I dissagree with you on is that he is like Goku.
    I stand by what I said in my last post that hes is a very origional character. Goku is over glorified in DBZ to the point of godly status. Katos weaknesses and struggles are mad very appearent, and that is why he belongs in a manga like this. You can tell that hes a moral person, but with okus delightful twist which earns him just as much a place in this manga as the millions of other sadistic pshyos that are a dime a dozen.
    Last edited by Kozar927; August 25, 2008 at 05:19 PM.
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

  9. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hollow Kurono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MH
    Country
    Lithuania
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,065
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Katou Thread

    Well I didnt realy mean that he shouldnt be in,he should,cause hes a big reason why Kurono became to what he is,or was to the day he died I respect Katou a lot,sometimes when I read what he says I get chils.Im just a bit frustrated that theres no Kurono at the moment,when they both could be great.

  10. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Here & There
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Katou Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Kurono View Post
    Well I didnt realy mean that he shouldnt be in,he should,cause hes a big reason why Kurono became to what he is,or was to the day he died I respect Katou a lot,sometimes when I read what he says I get chils.Im just a bit frustrated that theres no Kurono at the moment,when they both could be great.
    Now you have him back... with Kei on the team we're going to see some awesome ass kickin real soon...

    I hope that Kei will help Katou to become a better Gantzer because Katou can't save everyone look at Kishimoto or Anzu for examples.

    Credits:Shinsatsu

  11. #11
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Gantz's Appartment.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Katou Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Kurono View Post
    OK,I do like Katou,I realy do I respect what he does,but he is very slow,he is,I realy didnt like the way he didnt try hurting anyone and + he is Oku's favourite,so no doubt about it he has some backup,anyway.Yeah hes a great character and all,an inspiration.But he realy anoys me sometimes,the way he got Anzu and Kishimoto,I understand that perfectly why he gets them,but they go crazy for him,girls dont go that crazy for a guy like that in real life.

    He realy hold Kurono back in my opinion,you with the Kishimoto thing,he only thought about her and Katou,the Katou-kun,Katou-kun shit drove him crazy.Im not blaming him but Kishimoto.

    Hes a great character and has his own noble reasons,but hes definantly in the wrong manga,he should be in a Naruto type comic,fuck Katou is hella slow,I dont know what Oku wants to make out of him,but he seems like Goku and Goku is one of a kind,hes a perfect hero in my eyes,but Katou must become a bit more agresive,cause he realy is realy hesitating and that is pissin me off.

    I dont know,if I like him or not,but Im an ultimate Kurono fan so I have to say those things,I respect Katou and all,but I am confused in this Kurono Katou thing.But still Kurono,Izumi>Katou.



    And whats up with these Nishi,Katou threads...

    And it pisses me off that the first mission he comes back from he gets the motherfuckin 100 points,that what pisses me off,it be better if they were given to NIshi,hed know what to do with them,cause hell use it badly,Katou had 5 before he died,I dont know maybe he got like 10 points for 1000 arms,but he got 100points in the first mission so fast and thats what I absolutely hate.

    I so miss Kurono and Izumi.
    D;<
    Don'tbelikethat.

    I think 1000 Arms was worth a little more then 10 points. e_e;

  12. #12
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MissingLimb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Katou Thread

    There's no reason to hate Katou for clearing so fast. He's acted heroical throughout the manga, and failed miserably every time. I'm glad he finally came out on top. Besides, without Katou Oku might as well be saying human that nature is devoid of any sort of morality.

    Katou's not one of my favorite characters, but the manga wouldn't make sense (or maybe just be too dark) without him.

  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #13
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Gantz's Appartment.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Katou Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingLimb View Post
    There's no reason to hate Katou for clearing so fast. He's acted heroical throughout the manga, and failed miserably every time. I'm glad he finally came out on top. Besides, without Katou Oku might as well be saying human that nature is devoid of any sort of morality.

    Katou's not one of my favorite characters, but the manga wouldn't make sense (or maybe just be too dark) without him.
    I agree entirely.
    He and Suzuki are in my top favorites, because of that.

  15. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hollow Kurono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MH
    Country
    Lithuania
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,065
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Katou Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    Now you have him back... with Kei on the team we're going to see some awesome ass kickin real soon...

    I hope that Kei will help Katou to become a better Gantzer because Katou can't save everyone look at Kishimoto or Anzu for examples.


    Now he wont come back,cause he died outside a Gantz room,I dont think he will,cause something stupid is going to happen,but if he does somehow comeback,I would be very happy.

    Kishimoto was an idiot,dont blame that on Katou,blame it on Kishimoto,blame the entire failure of the mission on her,Katou had nothing to do with it,all Kishimoto.And Anzu was smart enough,but in the end,got in over her head,but she got unlucky,but with Kishimoto it was so different.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Aaron View Post
    D;<
    Don'tbelikethat.

    I think 1000 Arms was worth a little more then 10 points. e_e;



    Nah,I will be like that,I hate the way Gantz got the scores on that mission,I think those budahas were stronger then those suzuki aliens,which were worth of 5 points each,and Kurono got only 8 points for 3 killed budahs,these guys were impresive,way stronger then suzuki aliens and only 3 of them were worth 5,without a doubt that big ass budah,who got headshoted by Kurono,was worth more then the bird alien boss.

    Not only that mission ended sadly and made me sad and almost made me cry,it ended with some stupid ass scoring,Kurono deserved more,then he lost everything and got everything back,but that doesnt matter,but I hate the scoring in that mission and I hate Kishimoto to.

  16. #15
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Zamamee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Katou Thread

    Katou CHA! was a good character and helped built Gantz to being a 100/10 series anime or manga. When I first read the manga and Katou got rez'd I was thrilled BUT he's definately not my favourite. The reason why he isn't one of my favourite characters to watch/read is because he needs to grow a pair and harden the fuck up.

    Harsh but true, this is gantz not girl scouts.
    I still like him though.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts