Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Single or Married and why

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Single or Married

hehe.. its true when you are in love, bunch of thing changes. some for good some for bad. it was said. Love is like Heaven but it can hurt like hell. most of us been there.
    however we to put the effort to find the right one. and even if u find the right one outta nowhere. u have to put the effort in maintaining the the relationship. for right now. i prefer being single [besides im too young to get married now]. but as the life goes on i will like to get marry. i really want to know the joy of having kids, being with them, and living as a family one day.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner cherryenchanted's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Time can only tell, if to be a single or married...Since some events in life that you expect to happen may end up sometimes that you didn't expect to happen...

But I think being married would be more happier, since you had kids & as well as your partner...

As being single, could still be a happy life, but you can feel that loneliness...wishing you had someone that would take care of you and someone beside you, when getting old...
    http://www.geocities.com/snowice_fireflame/march.jpg

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bakashijinsan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Single. And plan to stay that way for a few more years. Need to to do so much first before settling with a family.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ginousuke's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Single also. Though some of my friends are married, but I'm not gonna rush myself. And I don't have any plan when I'm gonna get married. Depends on the situation. Depends whom I met.
    It could be in 2 or 3 years. But who knows, maybe I meet someone tomorrow and get married next year
    No problem. When the time comes, I'll figure it out myself.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

single

my opinion:

being single is like being a mob boss out on the loose. you have access to all sorts o thrills and experiences, and you pay a few concequences if you've been out extorting people. being married however is like being a mob boss in prison. you alwasy reminisce about how good it was being free....

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Prefabably single

- freedom
    - not obligated to explain my actions to my partner
    - if anything happens (e.g. partner or me cheats or whatsoever, it is much easier to change partners & move on with your life without the hassle of going through divorce- which is super messy and includes custody of children, spliitng of property, & wealth..traumatic & messy, just messy!)

but marriage is good
    - if I have children - at least I know that they have a legal family identity (something like that)
    - if i'm sure He's ThE ONE

▲Away till end June. ▲

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    Prefabably single

- freedom
    - not obligated to explain my actions to my partner
    - if anything happens (e.g. partner or me cheats or whatsoever, it is much easier to change partners & move on with your life without the hassle of going through divorce- which is super messy and includes custody of children, spliitng of property, & wealth..traumatic & messy, just messy!)

but marriage is good
    - if I have children - at least I know that they have a legal family identity (something like that)
    - if i'm sure He's ThE ONE
    I kind of feel the same, Nami. I know that I don't really want to get married until I'm 30 and have an established career and life. And I don't want to get married unless I'm absolutely sure that the guy is the one for me. I like being single because I can flirt around and have fun without worrying. Then again, I like being with a guy so that I can flirt around with him, too >.> But overall, single seems to work best for me xD I can spend time doing what I want and I don't have to worry about it affects my counterpart ^^

As far as children, I think that If/When I get married, I want three kids: 2 boys, and then a girl. That way the girl has two older brothers to look out for her ^^ But I just want kids when I'm older and I have a career that I can support them with. I won't have any children until I now that I have enough financial stability to be able to provide them with more than just the basics.

I'm back :3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member miyi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually used to believe in marriage, love at first sight, all that fantasy stuff. I changed my views a bit, and I'm no longer religious as I once was. Now I'm an atheist.

At least for me, marriage has a religious aspect to it.

If my girlfriend wants to be married, sure, I don't mind. But personally, I'm indifferent about marriage. For me it doesn't mean anything.

What I don't like about marriage is the idea of commitment. Why must I be restricted to just one partner? If the relationship doesn't work out, then it's reasonable to end the relationship and start new ones. Yes, it's true it sucks if you have children, but just because you're ending a commitment with someone doesn't necessarily mean you are less of a father as you once were. Of course you continue to fulfill your obligations as a father, which is to take care of them until they are an adult.

So for me, I don't mind getting married at all, but don't expect me to follow the rules and ethics of marriage since I don't believe in them.

Whether you are single or married, at least for me, it doesn't matter. What matters is whether you are happy. If you are single and not happy, then get a girlfriend. If you're married and not happy, then be single.

And if my girlfriend is as indifferent as I am towards the notion of marriage, then I don't mind staying un-married but continue to live with her, as if we were married. Why waste my money to celebrate something we both don't believe in, right?

And when you break off a relationship, I recommend not being a prick about it. It's not only you being affected, but your partner as well, so keep in mind of that.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Beam's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive been single since the day i was born. Why? Well cuz thats how it is i guess

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ILUVATAR's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

oh well, being single is fun that's for sure. doing anything you want without explanations etc. i am single and i intend to stay one for some more years. i am in the middle of a relationship with a girl right now but i don't think it will go too far.
    being single has some fun in it but we have to remember that staying alone till the end isn't something funny. having someone by your side is a wonderfull thing. i have come to believe that in the whole world there is someone that suits us and we suit him. he/she is our other half, the one that will make us feal full and complete.
    i had found that person once but i lost it. they took her away from me and i'll regret it for the rest of my life
    stay single as long as you want and have fun, cause yes you can have lots of fun when you are single and do lots of crazy things. just don't forget that one day you might meet a special person and you will se how it is to feel complete. ^_^ don't pass by him/her. you'll regret it deeply believe me.

Singles
    no commitments
    few responsibilities
    funny times were you might not have someone to share with
    sad times were you won't have anyone to share ot talk to.

Married
    many commitments and responsibilities
    have someone by your side any time
    funny and sad times were you'll have someone to support you or laugh with you
    a bunch of kids to take care ^_^ tehehe
    Last edited by ILUVATAR; March 27, 2007 at 05:05 PM.
    *When you laugh, it's as though the world becomes, just a little, a nicer place.
    *Being alone is scary. Solitude is scary.
    *I have rushed here, when i was summoned. Because you were crying. You were sobbing as if you were screaming.
    *The nights that morning will never come doesn't exist.
    *More than anyone could ever admire you, this is the definite truth, I like you...
    *Because you are like the sky, causing me pain in love... because I love you.
    *Did you hear? Did i reach you?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Azurel's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Single or Married

If single means you can still live with your girlfriend/boyfriend, the question isn't single or married; rather it's married or cohabitation. The rate of marriages have been decreasing while cohabitation has become a growing trend.

Many many years ago, divorce was practically taboo but it became normal and thus, there was the divorce generation in which if your parents are not divorced, you are one of the few. I suppose the people of our generation no longer trust marriages because many of us are children of divorced parents or have seen the consequences of divorce from relative or friends who come from divorced family.

What's the point of marriage when you can happily live together unmarried? After all, marriage is just in name. I suppose when you are not married, it is easier to leave a relationship and move on, you won't feel the pressure to stay in a relationship that is not working. But honestly, life is unpredicatable. How do we know if he or she is the one? We don't. It's all about taking chances. Of course, we should choose life partners that are suitable for us in the first place or else your marriage won't last a month.

However, if we are discussing remaining single or getting married, honestly, I want to get married if I do find someone I love. When you grow old or when you're dying, you want to have your loved ones around. Being single is to have freedom and to have fun. But fun and friends don't last forever. At one point of time, your friends can't be there for you and then, you'd have no one else.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member amar_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

i wanna get married pretty much.. the prob is i just dont find the right person.. so for the time being, i have to stick to be a single..

by the way i found some pretty thoughful video concerning this issue on youtube.. you may wanna take look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsYOI1pDssI
    Last edited by amar_kun; April 27, 2007 at 07:08 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner seorang's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Being married is like..... having a girlfriend for life!
    Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose.
    You don't ask why a field burns or a plague spreads.
    Don't ask why I fight.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member woody_green's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Single and proud! I don't wanna get married..
    Gotta love chocolate.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member krazykone12's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Marriage maybe when I'm 25 lol

いらっしゃい 仲間, はたらき がたい

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast