Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Single or Married and why

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Single or Married and why

Quote Originally Posted by steelwingcrash1 View Post
    I plan to get married by 28 or 29. By then, I already have saved enough for financial needs.

Of course I want to get married. I need someone to take care of me when I get old.
    I'm a single and I could never just say "I'll get married at age X". It's way too dependend on finding the right partner after all...
    Given I'm sure I found "her", I'ld probably agree on marriage after I'm done studying, which probably will be in approx. 5-6 years (as I'll only begin this summer).
    Not right after graduation, but after having found a first job and getting accustomed to it a little.

Well, as I said, it's not something I could really plan for so early in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by alice&uncas View Post
    Single because I just love being single, I don't like being tie down, too much drama in my life, and trying to accmpolish more important things in my life.
    More important? Sometimes I feel like I'm the last optimistic/idealistic person left on this planet, especially after reading such a post from a woman

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

When I'm already attached to someone for long, as a man, it's only proper for me to plan things out for the both of us.

I should have plans, as to when we should get married. Of course, this is only tentative for us.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mama Satsuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I am currently single, not saying for how long (but it's been a while...), but want to marry.

I'm a sort of religious person (enough to believe in God and want a religious marriage, but no so much as to say Pokémon is devil stuff), so I wouldn't be able to be with someone without doing it so properly.

Marriage, for me, isn't just promising in front of everyone "to love you forever, till death do us apart". It is more like getting permission from God to be with someone I like. Hehe, like a song of Rurouni Kenshin "God doesn't forbid anything at all" (1/2, 2nd opening theme), so of course He would agree.

It is more like pleasing your father, showing him that you do, indeed, love this person and want to spend the rest of your life with them. If you ever agree with marrying someone, it should be for love; and if you love someone, why would you think that having them by your side forever is a bad thing? People who ever divorced, never loved equally in the first place. So marriage isn't something wrong in itself, it's what people make of it.

I want all that stuff people complain about marriage, about not having free weekends or having to wake up extra early just to get everything ready for someone else's breakfast.

Because, sincerely, waking up to no one in particular is rather sad.

Sure, I want to enjoy while I am young. Have fun, meet people. But it's not like marriage would hold me from doing any of that. Unless I marry some weirdo...

Lastly, I am a human specimen of the female variation... So, time is really an issue. I want to have children, so marrying after 30 is a big no-no.

Since, you know, I can't have kids before marriage. Not because of what everyone else says about being a slut or whatever (heck, they couldn't care less about this), but because... you know... there's also all that chastity stuff to go along ...
    Last edited by Mama Satsuki; February 15, 2011 at 04:11 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

thought i needed to divulge my pos a bit after i gave a 2 liner few days ago.
    i am 21 single(ya no gf ) well basically i am a chaste and i have responsibilities to bear
    i am a Muslim so relations outside marriage pertaining to a deeper stay together is sth that i dont have in my mind.
    so marriage or any thing physical yet single, doenst seem to be a near even in my life .

I am more into my work though, i am studying and i will try to aim for a PhD and a post PhD if every thing (from monetary to other probs dun show up) so thats another reason that i will be facing a fallow.
    Though i dont know for sure, as my parents are more concerned about my social life than my post M engg life(i mean they want me to do M engg, B engg is a no go they say, and i kind a have the same sentiments)
    and i do try to listen to their council.
    So i am basically in a dilemma, not that its like every day i get up and count the leaves or matchsticks with a " will marry"," wont marry" lol am not that desperate to crack it. So far these things dont seem to be in friction as i am still doing my B engg, so i ll let that worry of till later
    but one thing is for certain, it will be marry but not now(if i am not harangued lol, or change my mind)
    Last edited by shaheer; February 16, 2011 at 01:38 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be sad for a guy not to marry. I mean we are all looking for life partners, aren't we?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Satsuki View Post
    I'm a sort of religious person (enough to believe in God and want a religious marriage, but no so much as to say Pokémon is devil stuff), so I wouldn't be able to be with someone without doing it so properly.
    That's sad to hear... uhm, not because I'ld want to marry you, but I think that personal affection is much more important than religious beliefs.
    What's about someone who's certain in his atheism but a great person otherwise? Or, someone who is a believer, too, but for a different religion and thus wouldn't want to marry in a specifically christian wedding?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

single.Extremely not popular(bad looks).ad very sad story.depressed.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner XxLawlieTxX's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Single- no particular reason why, not all that popular, a lot of people like me.
    Online or not I can't find the one :/ sorta sucks yeah.

But I'm getting used to being alone n depressed (it's so lame but it's so true_)
    You love me, you hate me. Ether way I'm still gonna be on your mind. You can do whatever younlike, last chance for cake!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    uhm, not because I'ld want to marry you, but I think that personal affection is much more important than religious beliefs.
    well religious adherence also falls under personal feelings now doenst it. I dont see any problems to that, if some one wants to be a religious follower and does what he/she wants to do including abiding the marriage criterion i dont think any one in a liberal society should have any sort of objection to it
    for example i am a religious follower, and my religion do accept having a muslim / christian /jew as a bride
    but makes it clear that marrying a muslima is better. now its wholly my choice whether i should go by my religion or not go by my religion. because a girl that i want to choose as my life partner should have some basic things in common and religion being a mandatory one (for me)
    if i am a muslim and my wife is atheist(for example) i would have some basic religious performance and prayers and dates and days and what not, in which her support is sth that i would definitely want
    (just a rash example)like in Ramadan we need to fast, and take early meal (before dawn) i would expect my wife to help me (or vice versa) to prepare that and if i am late and dun get up and she did then wake me up etc, now i dont see how she can ever respect m y way of life to a degree to invigorate me to do things(which i consider mandatory in my religion) if i am forgetful. A family is a unit it should have wheels of similar nature
    not one a car wheel and other a bus

if its my life i want to do what ever i want, then it should go both way religious and non religious
    Last edited by shaheer; February 17, 2011 at 03:25 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mama Satsuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roflkopt3r View Post
    That's sad to hear... uhm, not because I'ld want to marry you, but I think that personal affection is much more important than religious beliefs.
    What's about someone who's certain in his atheism but a great person otherwise? Or, someone who is a believer, too, but for a different religion and thus wouldn't want to marry in a specifically christian wedding?
    Well, for me at least, the only thing my decision would keep me from doing is showing "physical affection"; I can love, just not make it physical, if you know what I mean As far as love goes, it's not about lust.

As for different religions, I (me, not my church) don't think the God I believe in would blame me for doing two ceremonies in my marriage, or letting me convert to something else. I have this thing going on my head that everyone worships the same god/gods, and just give them different names As long as I don't have to start sacrificing lambs, I'm okay with it. It wasn't God, nor the church that made up wedding. It existed even before Christianism was invented. Adam and Eve didn't marry. The Hebrews were polygamous and had relationship with their slaves!

As for the atheist, it is not asked to believe in God to marry. It is just a contract bounding two people together. I am going for the chastity stuff because I don't want to just go handing myself away to someone who won't hold me forever. It is one of my last virtues (), and I don't want to simply give it away just for a few years of pleasure and nothing more but nice memories.

Now, if my significant other didn't want to marry under God (that means: in a church), whichever god it may be, that would be an issue. That, or he'd have to go his whole life without getting some horizontal tango with me ... but it wouldn't mean not liking him, or kissing and hugging. He just wouldn't be going for the full contract.

I just don't think sex is the only way to show affection. Or else I'd have a big incestuous family right now, with pets included
    Last edited by Mama Satsuki; February 18, 2011 at 02:08 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Queenofmuffins's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I am single, have been for a long time (excepting once or twice over the last few years) and plan on staying that way.
    Last edited by Queenofmuffins; February 18, 2011 at 07:57 AM.

Come by and ask me questions!
    ~Ask me thread~

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rudorofu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty typical and traditional in terms of being a girl where they dream of having a husband, family and being fortunate with the things they have; yup, that would be me. Being single does have its pros like the amount of freedom you have in terms of your social life, especially with people of the opposite sex. Even so, I'd like to settle down and be married to one person even if, yes, it does mean being committed and having to spend the rest of my life with them. There are things that I've learned about the cons of being single, from my parents. When I think about it, it would be sad to die alone. That doesn't mean there wouldn't be anybody who cares about you, it's just that you don't have a significant other alongside you during your final moments which when I think about it, is quite depressing. So in short, I would definitely like to be married in the future.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm single. Not only do I want to be single, but I think I need to be. At this point in my life, I can't even imagine being married let alone having a serious boyfriend.

If I were to get married in the future, it wouldn't be until my very late twenties I think. Hard to tell when I haven't even daydreamed about that shit since I was maybe 16. XD Not with true longing or intent anyway.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Single because I like freedom, am shy around women, and just because it's financially better.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9