Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Question about the Gantz Memory Bank

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Question about the Gantz Memory Bank

Quote Quote:
    He is at the memory bank? Butter dog is the dog from the first part of Gantz?? well even if he is in the memory bank, that doesnt mean he can be revived (actually, i didnt even know he had died... do you mind posting a link? ) the way i see it, the memory holds everyone/everything, but only the humans can be revived..
    Well, that's possible. It's more likely, though, that Gantz just has a very liberal idea of what a "human" is. The "human" team currently includes a panda, after all.

All survivors go back to the room. Butter Dog didn't make it back to the room after the Buddha mission, which means that he either wandered out of the area and his brain exploded, or got killed by one of the aliens. In the anime, one of the statues stepped on him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raysen_ht's Avatar
    Sky... if u look carefully u will find me
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Well, that's possible. It's more likely, though, that Gantz just has a very liberal idea of what a "human" is. The "human" team currently includes a panda, after all.
    Okay... maybe (and thats a BIG maybe) gantz has a liberal idea of what a human is, but that defenetly does not include alians!!
    And, if the memory bank does not show any alians/vampires, the rule is redunctant... why would it have to specify that only human beeings from the memory could be revived if there were only humans (or things that gantz consider humans) there?!
    Imo its far more likely that Gantz saves everything concerning the missons, but he only allows the revival of humans (whatever that is to him)!

About the dog/panda
    This is a bit off topic, but anyway...
    I´ve allways had this crazy idea that the dog never died but was replaced by a panda cuzz Gantz wanted the team to be stronger.... so he replaced a weaker animal with a stronger one
    I dont think the rules really aplly to the animals (they dont have to bring their suits with them for example)... they are like a pet of the team (for gantz) and they may change without the necessity of death

This discussion isnt really relevant though, neather to the topic nor to the story.... so ill drop it now

BTW is the anime also writenn by Oku?
    A melhor thread, com as melhores pessoas, os melhores assuntos na melhor língua
    ___________Portuguese thread v.14 Entre e conheça!!__________

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You would have to be able to read Japanese to read it, but the Gantz manual does tell about how both Butter Dog and Hoi Hoi died. It even gives a list of Hoi Hoi's strengths and weaknesses. It also tells about how Butter Dog died during the Buddha mission. He died "off panel", according to Oku, the author. It's a little strange, but the same author who doesn't mind making graphic representations of old people and children dying, felt that it would be too disturbing to draw the death of a dog. It also appears that Gantz can communicate with animals; notice Butter Dog and Hoi Hoi's reactions when Gantz puts their scores on the screen.

We don't know much about the rules, because the current team with the exceptions of Reika and Nishi, who isn't exactly bursting at the seams to give out any info about anything, are all morons. They're likable, alright, but that doesn't change the facts. Not only are none of them brain surgeon material, most of them aren't even convenience store cashier material.

The reason that I excepted Reika is that she has shown intelligence and level-headedness on several occasions. But even Reika hasn't bothered to ask Gantz questions about their situation.

Let's face it, while Kaze, Katou, and Not a Cherry Anymore are likable characters, the IQs of all of them combined would probably still be in the double digits. Takeshi is a toddler, so he can't be expected to ask questions and figure things out, but none of the adults has even bothered to ask Gantz a single question, even though their own lives are at stake.

If I was in Gantz, the first thing I would do would be to ask him questions till he just quit answering. Any info might help me survive.

Now that Reika, Nishi, HS and Kei, all of whom actually have functioning brains, will be in the team together, we might start getting more answers. And one of the first answers that HS will want is probably going to be whether his best bud the last Oni boss can be revived.
    Last edited by georgemarvin; September 15, 2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner putopooche's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: A Question about the Gantz Memory Bank

well i think its not.. i think gantz have limits

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Amigo!'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think if host samurai was all like "yo gantz revive my best friend the oni boss" gantz would be like " fudge you! are u retarded i kill aliens, u dumb idiot!"
    YO

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Giriel's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Gantz would be able to revive aliens, because of the fact that Tae was a target too, and Kei was able to resurrect her. And Gantz could have multiple pages (and possibly categories) of dead people.

Imagine if the Tokyo team would have Nurarihyon and the Lightning-Oni-Dude, with suits on, in their team, fighting with 'em. Instant-win!

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree just because we have not seen a revive aline menu does not mean it is not there. For all we know like you mentioned it could be under a different category, which seem plausible to me.

However I'm currently inclined to belive that the Gantz wants to revive the human players only because he seems to have a kill the damn alien mentality going on.

Now if Host Samurai gets 100 points and asks Gantz to revive some bad ass alien boss from memory that would be awesome.

Gantz could give the host a finger (at-least drawn on the screen) or he could actually revive the boss alien assuming it is in his memory.
    Last edited by Charlie; January 31, 2009 at 03:53 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Amigo!'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well tae also got downloaded after she died and when you look at the list of people who you can revive from the database there are no aliens on the list. but i wonder if you revive the guy that was absorbed by 1000 arms would he come back as his alien self?
    YO

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You can only revive people who are in your Gantz memory file. So Katou
    wouldn't be able to revive that girl from Osaka. Someone from Osaka would
    have to revive her. Tae was an target that was revived true, but she was
    human. I don't think the aliens could be revived and would Gantz want them
    to be revived.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raysen_ht's Avatar
    Sky... if u look carefully u will find me
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Myself from the page 1
    You cant revive a vampire nor an alian...
    the rule is "You will be able to revive a human beeing from the memory"

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php...185&page_nr=17

Unless this was not translated correctly...
    You guys should check the other pages before posting...

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php...185&page_nr=17

As i said before, the rule was clearly stated... only human beeings allowed
    A melhor thread, com as melhores pessoas, os melhores assuntos na melhor língua
    ___________Portuguese thread v.14 Entre e conheça!!__________

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2