Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Kaze thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Kaze thread

I thought I would make a thread dedicated to that gentle giant, Kaze. He doesn't use weapons, he doesn't use stealth. He just hits everything. Hard. He's not afraid to go man-to-man against Nurarihyon or the Oni. He isn't nearly as dumb as he looks, either.
    I like Kaze; if nothing else, because he looks like me, beard and all. But I'm not built that well; I'm just a 175 pound weakling. My father was 6'1, 220 pounds of pure muscle. His arms were as big as my legs. I always wished that I was that strong, but I inherited my mother's side of the family's leaner build.
    Kaze is that steady, dependable team member who enjoys the fight but isn't a superstar despite his great size and strength.
    If Kaze hadn't decided to take care of Takeshi, he would have probably stayed in Gantz forever. As it is, he may decide to leave because if he dies, that will leave Takeshi without anybody to take care of him. During this last mission, Kaze was more interested in taking care of Takeshi than in trying to prove that he was the best warrior. His priorities are changing.

As I grew up, I realized that a lot of people assumed my father was as dumb as a brick because of his looks. But he had an IQ of 130; just because Kaze is big and strong doesn't mean he's weak-minded. We haven't seen enough of Kaze to see if the same holds true for him. I think we'll be surprised in the future when Oku shows him playing chess or reading some advanced textbook.

I like the fact that Kaze has a strong sense of morality, and seems to be very reliable. If you're in a battle, you want allies who will watch your back, not stab you in it. That makes him a lot more valuable to a team than Izumi was.

But Kaze has some problems. He won't use weapons or stealth; in real life, that would give him a life expectancy that could be measured in minutes. His first battle would be his last. He needs to learn when not to fight; sometimes stealth or a sniper rifle is better than a strong fist. Since he evidently doesn't like x-guns, he needs a custom weapon. That suit with the big arms that Oka was wearing would be perfect.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MissingLimb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Kaze thread

I'm glad this thread finally got started. Kaze definitely deserved it. He's been one of my favorite characters since his first appearance. He's noble, driven, caring (for Takeshi at least), and more than anything, strong.

On the Oka suit/ weapons (or lack thereof) thing:
    I'd love to see Kaze in the beefed up gorilla suit. He's already proven himself to be superhuman without a Gantz suit; with a Gantz suit godly, so I can't wait to see him take that to the next level. Then again, he might not think its fair to use the Oka suit

About Takeshi:
    This is just my own opinion, but I think the lat couple missions showed us that its actually safer in Gantz than out. With civilian populations being attacked, I know I'd rather have an arsenal of futuristic weapons at my disposal than run around defenseless and in the dark. Kaze probably realizes this, and will keep himself and Takeshi in Gantz while trying to boost their survival rates (Oka suit, BFG, etc..).

Do you really look like Kaze (I don't care if you don't have muscles)? I mean down to the over-arched eyebrows and everything? Thats the most %$@#in amazing thing I've ever heard.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

kaze isnt really a favourite character of mine but I dont hate him either. I just think hes too silent i mean it looks as if hes not really with the team just there by himself. but if he were to stay in gantz what would he use his points for?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Kaze. Since he first appeared I knew i would be a huge fan. Enough said.
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Oku made a great choice in implementing Kaze into the gantz world and Kaze is such a powerhouse badass, who wouldn't think hes impressive? Kaze fights are great and if I could get Oka to fight against Kaze with just Fists in his gorilla suit and no laser pew pew BS or swords then I guarantee Kaze would wtf/own him easily. To me I do agree that in some moments of fights that Kaze has participated in that it is better to pick up a sword, rifle, and or go stealth instead of the good ol rambo mode except without the weapons of course, but that's what make him amazing. Kaze's strength and technique improve with every fight and now that he has Takeshi his skills as a fighter keeps going up, but can also backfire him as well, hope Takeshi doesn't die anytime soon or i'll cryz. Anyway now that Kurono is back it'll probably make Kaze happy to know that there is one more gantzer who can make a difference, I think ever since Kurono man handled the oni boss with everyone made him think differently of the so-called leader. Anywho we haven't seen it all yet, but Kaze is definately not retarded, we'll probably see his intelligence in the next mission and possibly more kickass fight scenes of him and kurono, but I would like to see tokyo after the osaka deal.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissingLimb View Post
    I'm glad this thread finally got started. Kaze definitely deserved it. He's been one of my favorite characters since his first appearance. He's noble, driven, caring (for Takeshi at least), and more than anything, strong.

On the Oka suit/ weapons (or lack thereof) thing:
    I'd love to see Kaze in the beefed up gorilla suit. He's already proven himself to be superhuman without a Gantz suit; with a Gantz suit godly, so I can't wait to see him take that to the next level. Then again, he might not think its fair to use the Oka suit

About Takeshi:
    This is just my own opinion, but I think the lat couple missions showed us that its actually safer in Gantz than out. With civilian populations being attacked, I know I'd rather have an arsenal of futuristic weapons at my disposal than run around defenseless and in the dark. Kaze probably realizes this, and will keep himself and Takeshi in Gantz while trying to boost their survival rates (Oka suit, BFG, etc..).

Do you really look like Kaze (I don't care if you don't have muscles)? I mean down to the over-arched eyebrows and everything? Thats the most %$@#in amazing thing I've ever heard.
    Futuristic weapons or no, you're guarenteed a front row seat to the carnage every time if you're on the gantz squad.

To be honest, I hope takeshi dies before kaze does. That would make kaze realize that he'd be the only one who would revive him, and that he would need to mature as a fighter to get closer to a 100% chance of reviving the little guy.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunna i mean as far as unrealistic goes kaze is definently not as believeable as the rest of the team. Then again a celebrity, an old man and 2 esp users make that 1 now, guess he kinda fits in. Maybe oku just wanted to to show that anyone can play gantz with any weapon even fists. I do wonder tho how strong kaze must be if he is able to take out aliens with fists alone

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I dunna i mean as far as unrealistic goes kaze is definently not as believeable as the rest of the team. Then again a celebrity, an old man and 2 esp users make that 1 now, guess he kinda fits in. Maybe oku just wanted to to show that anyone can play gantz with any weapon even fists. I do wonder tho how strong kaze must be if he is able to take out aliens with fists alone
    unrealistic??? Kaze??? Kaze is a mountain of a man, but not that unusual. There are lots of 6'3, 250 pound powerhouses around. Just take a stroll around the local gym. Look at the NFL, look at the drill sergeant at the local army reserve, watch a wrestling or boxing match. It's not that unusual for them to want to be the best at their chosen sport, either. There are literally millions of real-life Kazes out there. The only thing unrealistic about Kaze is that he has survived in the war against the aliens without using a weapon. Then again, most of the aliens don't use weapons, either. As long as they don't shoot at him, he can survive.

I'm about 90% convinced that esp is fake. Then again, it is possible. But I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that somebody could lift a grown human being. I remember when I was a kid, there used to be a travelling salesman who would come to the store and do a few tricks that I never have figured out. He would flip a coin that was lying on the counter; he once put an ouija board on the table and people would ask questions; the needle moved to letters without anybody touching it. He claimed it was will power. But I think he had to be using magnets or something; I just never figured out exactly how he did it. I remember that I looked under the board for a magnet but didn't find one. Verdict: Killing something by rupturing a blood vessel or moving something small is a slight possibility. Stopping bullets and lifting people isn't. They are totally unbelievable.

There are a lot of old people who could make it in the Gantz world. That one is 100% believable. It's the young people who would be reckless and hasty. The old folks have experience on their side.

A celebrity wouldn't be that far-fetched. They die like everybody else. In fact, if you look at the numbers, they are more likely to die young and to die a violent death than about any other segment of the population. Look at the movie star data base, and you will see just how likely it would be that one of them got sent to Gantz. Like muscular men, there are a LOT of celebs out there. Anybody could probably name a couple of thousand of them if they tried. Here in the US, there are currently something in the range of 10,000 people employed as actors on TV shows. There are a little over 300,000 models listed in one online directory.

Remember that Gantz usually picks people who have died in something traumatic, like a car crash, a daring escape, a fight, etc.; the only person who died in bed was the politician in the first mission. People who fight a lot are going to be muscular. Celebs often die violently. And Tokyo would be like Hollywood, a center where lots of the movie stars live. The odds of getting a celeb in any group of rookies would probably be a little less than 1% on any given mission, not great but not unrealistic.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Given the latest missions I agree with MissingLimb, its safer to be IN Gantz than out.

Kei is the perfect example, He never would have died if he HAD his memories at least.

I guess thats the real bad part about leaving Gantz...if you do you're still in a world of danger....perhaps even being hunted (Vampires, Oni), only you have no clue about it, and no means to protect yourself.

Kei was a fool to think he'd be ok after leaving.

And considering recent developments this is probably more ture than ever, who in their right mind would opt to leave Gantz now?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

when I was talking about kaze i meant that he fights without weapons, also the fact that he could stand his ground for sometime against kurono with a suit on. As for the rest of team i meant it was unrealisitic how they all were at the same place at the same time and out of the 100 people who died there were chose to go to the room.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    when I was talking about kaze i meant that he fights without weapons, also the fact that he could stand his ground for sometime against kurono with a suit on. As for the rest of team i meant it was unrealisitic how they all were at the same place at the same time and out of the 100 people who died there were chose to go to the room.
    The suit enhances the wearer's strength. Kei can probably bench press 150 pounds, Kaze might press 500 pounds. If the suit increases your strength by 10x, for instance, which seems to be about its limit, a suited tKei would be much stronger than a suitless Kaze. He would have a distinct advantage in a fight with Kaze, but an experienced fighter like Kaze would still get in a few good blows. On the other hand, if they are both wearing suits, Kaze would be about three times as strong as Kei; he can probably pick up a full-size car and hurl it at the enemy if he wants to. Kei would have trouble lifting a motorcycle.

Izumi chose a crowded shopping center to attack. Gantz evidently chooses people at least partly due to how they died. He seems to like to choose people who were fighting. Out of the hundreds of people who died, only a few fought back. Most of them just fell to the bullets or got trampled by the crowd. Gantz didn't actually have that many candidates to choose from.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not really a fan of kaze, he is the best hand to hand fighter from tokyo whoever he hardly talks that kind bothers me u never know what he is thinking.Anyway if he dosent drop his stuped pride i doubt he will survive the next few missions, fighting hand to hand is cool and he is great at that but against many of the aliens out there it would be useless, oku just left kaze to fight aliens that could be defeated by pure streght.I doubt kaze would have won against something like the dino boss and that thing wasent even that powerfull, kaze would be alot deadly if he at least used the sword if he wants to protect the kid so badly he should start using weapons.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The gorilla suit that Oka wore would be perfect for Kaze. With that, he wouldn't have to use weapons; just smash anything he sees, and have protection against even Nura-zilla strength attacks. Until he gets that, though, he had better use an x-gun. Otherwise, something is going to chop him in half with a laser or nura's radiation attack before he gets within 100 feet of it.

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheGenius's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I always liked Kaze and he is training the future. Takeshi, which will be a merge between a weapon user and a brawler, which means good in any situation. He is an expert at what he does, and that should be enough.
    President Netero/My D-A account!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think kaze will make takeshi leave when he reaches 100 then kaze will try to leave after that.
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast