Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: HebiHime New Strawhat Crew?

Voters
235. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

104 44.26%
  • No

131 55.74%
Thread Closed
Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234
Results 3,496 to 3,506 of 3506

Thread: One Piece Volume 53 (ch513-522) Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 522 Discussion/523 Predictions

wat abt to find the rite man

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

imo Boa will join SH.

For the simple reason that once she helps luffy she cannot go back to kuja island, just like franky can no longer remain on water7.
    So she either have to go along with SH or die in the process of rescuing Ace.

Other reason being - that she will ask Luffy to " take responsibility" as in case of Robin.
    In the last chapter - She does say that if she answer the schichibukai call, she will be able go wherever luffy goes in return. And luffy agrees to her term.

Further, we can see her teaching Luffy to control Haki in order to make him strong enough to rescue ace.

Oda does twist the story a lot. I never imaigined that Luffy will go to save Ace. I expected that SP incident will create enough diversion for WB to rescue Ace. But it looks the other way around. SP incident was over even before the WB can attack. So now that WG and all will be focussed on other side of red line - Luffy has a lot greater chance to resuce Ace.

Expect Dr VegaPunk in Impel Down on the Guard of Ace. One can imagine that the prisoners are being used in his experiments. So expect an army of PXs. But this time luffy will be able to defeat them w/o sweat thanks to haki.

As one suggests, expect Luffys crew to come to his aid at ID / or maybe they all are already captured and sent there. What I want to see is if Reileigh is given a major role in this mission. Maybe he will bring Sunny-go for there escape.
    Expecting another enis-lobby like adventure.

But I really would have liked if the strongest man in the world would have led such a rescue mission. Wanna see WB in action, atleast for once.

Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

There's only ONE reason why Hancock won't join SH as the last member (if the 10-member-crew thing still holds)

It's gonna be a merman.

Look at the crew, it's already really weird (cyborg, reindeer, skeleton), a merman is the thing that will complete this weirdness XD They're going to merman island, so I can almost seeing Luffy (sparkled eyes) chasing a merman around to get him join...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    There's only ONE reason why Hancock won't join SH as the last member (if the 10-member-crew thing still holds)

It's gonna be a merman.

Look at the crew, it's already really weird (cyborg, reindeer, skeleton), a merman is the thing that will complete this weirdness XD They're going to merman island, so I can almost seeing Luffy (sparkled eyes) chasing a merman around to get him join...
    We still need 2 more crewmembers so she could join AND have a merman/fishman join :P Notice how the character joining system works? Brook joined officially as "The Eighth". Its Luffy + 10 crewmembers, and unless the boat is a member (which I doubt... that would be anticlimatic at this point lol), we got 2 more for sure.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a merman.....a fishman......maybe fishman tiger's son ih ih hih ih hi!!!!A merman can't live on the ground until 30 yars old(Kokoro said that)...

Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Croy View Post
    We still need 2 more crewmembers so she could join AND have a merman/fishman join :P Notice how the character joining system works? Brook joined officially as "The Eighth". Its Luffy + 10 crewmembers, and unless the boat is a member (which I doubt... that would be anticlimatic at this point lol), we got 2 more for sure.
    Did Oda mention that it's Luffy + 10 members? I just remember that Luffy said he want a crew of 10, not sure if it includes him or not. I don't remember anyone calling Brooke "the eighth" either.

Yup, fishman Tiger's son would be cool XD

Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajj216011 View Post
    imo Boa will join SH.
    In the last chapter - She does say that if she answer the schichibukai call, she will be able go wherever luffy goes in return. And luffy agrees to her term.
    that's not what she says, you know...

lol doesn't it look like oda is shrinking boa's image little by little? i mean, when it was first introduced she was as tall as her sister, then she got a little shorter in the following chapters and in ch 521-522 she's just a little (15 cm more or less) taller than luffy.. am i just seeing things? it feels like oda changed plans for boa at the last second, maybe he has yet to decide if making her the new SH or not:-)

besides, who else could join if not her?
    hachi would be a good choice but we already have 2 swordmen in the crew...
    mr 2 wouldn't be bad either but he's like a sanji's double when fighting,
    margaret has the looks but she has no drammatic past and is totally useless in battle..
    ace would be the very best choice of course but it would be too ankward to see him joining the strawhats with that big WB tattoo on his back, and it's much cooler to have two rival brothers fighting until the very end for the one piece.
    hancock has the highest chances to enter the crew and she may also have some particular talent yet to be revealed (robin's talent was also only revealed toward the end of the alabasta arc), and the only coming out for the kuja pirate i can see at the moment, in case hancock joined the sh, is a deal with the WG (or with that momonga vice-admiral ) to only prey/attack on pirate ships.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cheaptrick View Post
    that's not what she says, you know...

lol doesn't it look like oda is shrinking boa's image little by little? i mean, when it was first introduced she was as tall as her sister, then she got a little shorter in the following chapters and in ch 521-522 she's just a little (15 cm more or less) taller than luffy.. am i just seeing things? it feels like oda changed plans for boa at the last second, maybe he has yet to decide if making her the new SH or not:-)
    Boa has pretty long legs, and when she sits, it looks like she is shorter than before. It often like this with long leg people. XD
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    Did Oda mention that it's Luffy + 10 members? I just remember that Luffy said he want a crew of 10, not sure if it includes him or not. I don't remember anyone calling Brooke "the eighth" either.

Yup, fishman Tiger's son would be cool XD
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/01/

When a new strawhat becomes official, they get a chapter named after there order number. There are I think a couple of members who have not got there official page yet, but that could just be a small miscalculation on Odas part considering how important they are, or they will suffer another ordeal that would test whether they should be a strawhat like with what happened with Ussop. (The reason I say miscalculation... is I don't think Robin has gotten her title page yet, and I don't think Chopper has either, and considering how much of an ordeal it took for Robin to join, it would seem odd that she would have another test of her faith with the crew down the line... or she doesn't stay a member and we in fact get Vivi later >.> (doubtful lol)). When Franky joined officially, Ussop had just been forgiven, thus the next chapters name was "The Third and the Seventh" Third member (3rd one to be introduced which was Ussop) and the Seventh (Franky was the seventh member to be introduced).

Thus if you go by the fact that Luffy said he wanted 10 crewmembers, the number sequence entails at least 2 more to go. Plus it sounded like Luffy didn't include himself when he made that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Boa has pretty long legs, and when she sits, it looks like she is shorter than before. It often like this with long leg people. XD
    No I kinda agree with him. Was rereading the past couple of chapters to see how many hints for Hancock personality change there might have been, and as the chapters went on Hancock seemed to slowly shrink when compared to her sisters (At the start she seemd just shorter than her sisters but the latest chapter she didn't even reach their faces standing up when they were sitting on their knees. Than on the latest chapter, top of Luffys head seemed to be at Hancocks nose level where before it seemed like she should tower over him. Hancocks facial expressions were also significantly different the last two chapters than how she started (much more docile and lacked the shadowed undertones), but that is more than likely just because of her change of heart for Luffy.
    Last edited by Croy; November 18, 2008 at 04:16 AM.

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ilesyt's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys think the WG will have enough resources after what they're trying to pull of now, just to do a revenge assault on an island in the calm belt where no one goes ?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member moonster x's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

i remember luffy said once i hope i can find at leasrt 10 people and when luffy at baratti when people asking how many crew he has. He said now i have 5 people including him(sanji)... i think as long he interested at someone... he/she will be his crew...
    Last edited by moonster x; November 18, 2008 at 07:25 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234