Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: HebiHime New Strawhat Crew?

Voters
235. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

104 44.26%
  • No

131 55.74%
Thread Closed
Page 51 of 234 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Volume 53 (ch513-522) Discussion

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 515 Discussion/516 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Ohara View Post
    The paper isnt burned anymore, does this means that Ace is safe?
    Quote Originally Posted by neomaster121 View Post
    wrong paper

not ace they are looking at its silver

ace is still in deep doo doo
    well, at least we know, that even after 3 days + x, Ray isn't beaten to the edge of his life or captured and so on.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slippy View Post
    but hancock is a bit more learned than the rest of the amazones, she probably only has the rest of the amazones thinking men are horrible to keep them afraid and under her control - or if she knew men were alright, the women would want to leave the island
    We don't know if the "empress" title is hereditary. In such a country it is rather the strongest (which is not necessary beautiful according to a men point of view). Hancock has been raised as an amazon like the others. She does not need to make the amazones think men are horrible because she probably think the same way.

And Luffy is in a bad situation since the only way to leave the island we have seen so far is Hancock ship (which he is unable to drive)...

Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    well, at least we know, that even after 3 days + x, Ray isn't beaten to the edge of his life or captured and so on.
    Indeed an I bet it adds another chapter to Imitorar stories prediction
    Last edited by k-dom; September 19, 2008 at 05:11 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sagemaster2000's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Boa was Lola's Mom, then during Thriller Bark, when the Risky Brothers are talking about Boa Hancock and her beauty (On the same page that Lola mentions her mother and offers the Biblicard), Boa would have been connected as Lola's mom then.

Lola wanted to so badly repay back the SH that, if in fact Boa is Lola's Mom, she would have at least given them her name. Obviously she didn't when the Risky Brothers were mentioning Boa so I doubt Boa is Lola's mother....although I DO believe that someone on one of those 2 ships IS Lola's mother, maybe even one of Boa's Sisters?
    0~~|====> The Sage Has Spoken <====|~~0

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, this is how oda succeeds in turning my scepticism into decisiveness. With some great storytelling and the flow of this chapter this can really turn into a great chapter (where I was sceptical about first chapter).
    I really want to see the queen of the island. Given the fact strength is important on the island, it'll mean she will be the strongest. Well margaret got kidnapped but she enjoys luffy, maybe men in general, otherwise she would have fought him. I really wonder where this arc will go to

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rokuubi's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

ive had a read of the thread and im not sure if anyones mentioned this but i don't think boa is gona be pretty, she's just gona be strong because the woman on that island said that 'strength = beauty' and the same woman said that the empress is the most beautiful woman .... sorry if this has been mentioned before

i want them to realise how strong luffy is.. gears 2 and 3 .... it'll get even more interesting then
    Last edited by Rokuubi; September 19, 2008 at 05:57 PM.

...::Equivalency::...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone notice that they use their snakes as bows?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiro-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was solely interesting, Oda created an interesting plot for this arc and new speculation for the newer characters and yet unintroduced characters. I am exited about what might happen this arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Maledicente's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrus View Post
    anyone notice that they use their snakes as bows?
    Oh really???

At least it makes more sense then using snakes as arrows, like Thulsa Doom.

I`m really enjoying this arc but I have a feeling it`s gonna be short, at least the "Luffy solo" part of it. My guess is somewhere arround 5 chapters.

Regards.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member JC123's Avatar
    City of Eternal Darkness, and it ain't Alaska!
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    We don't know if the "empress" title is hereditary. In such a country it is rather the strongest (which is not necessary beautiful according to a men point of view). Hancock has been raised as an amazon like the others. She does not need to make the amazones think men are horrible because she probably think the same way.

And Luffy is in a bad situation since the only way to leave the island we have seen so far is Hancock ship (which he is unable to drive)...

Indeed an I bet it adds another chapter to Imitorar stories prediction
    If strength = beauty, then I'm to believe that the most "beautiful" and the "strongest" are the same thing. So Boa doesn't get hereditary treatment, she would probably have to fight her way to the top just like everyone else. True, she has two sisters who could help sanction matches or something. But if this is modeled after true Amazonian society, there would have to be a few rules after she reaches a certain part that says she will fight ____ or ___ for the title.

Other than that, I'm not reading the last few pages. -_- too much for me...

This was a damn good chapter. The action has flowed really well, with Luffy once again running away. I really want to see the naivete of Margaret lead somewhere. It seems she and Sanji (or Chopper) might get along really well. She won't know how to deal with Sanji's constant flirting (attacking him at every turn) and if she thinks Chopper is meat, it could lead to hilarity as she either finds him cute, or tries to eat him on first site.

NO! I don't think she's joining the crew at this point in time. It's too early and we need to see her strengths before I make a decision about how she'd fit in. We already have enough idiots and slow people in the SHs. Right now, I just think she's the guide.

This arc seems to lead more and more into the fact that Luffy is going to fight one of the Yonkou. I don't know how I feel about that. Next week should answer.

Other than that, I'm leaving it alone for a while.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member c0nflikt's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think oda is setting up for margareth and all the amazons sweetpeam aphelandra and the other one to leave with luffy cause they saved him adn the princess is coming back and margareth is getting attached it seems so she will probably leave with him all 4 of them.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG luffy flashed the amazons!!!!! Screw ennies lobby, now he is my hero lol. I wonder if oda will make the snake princess very ugly or very hot. Apparently the concept of beauty of the amazons is a little of and women normal people would consider beautiful are rare in the amazon tribe. I hope oda makes her really REALLY ugly, it would be fun as hell to see luffy calling her a hag when every amazon worships her.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

strength equates beauty?

most beautiful woman in the world (so meaning strongest)?

i've got no doubt it is lola's mum.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

But the people who mentioned that 'the mermaids were even more beautiful then Hancock' were not Amazons or female (if i remember correctly). Therefore, Hancock is probably both beautiful and strong.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems unlikely that she is a Yonkou for no other reason then I doubt that she would have a time to control a small island like that while traveling around dealing with other problems in her domain/kingdom. The rumors would spread around the island so fast that by now I suspect that we would have heard something by now. Besides this seems to be a really obvious hint towards the Sichibuki, I mean snakes? Is that not an obvious hint??

Just out of curiosity if Boa was Lola's mom wouldn't the Risky Brothers say "Mermaids are even more beautiful then Lola's Mom" or something like that? Also it can't be a yonkou because the Risky brothers think she's beautiful.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Andonan's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok I'm a bit confused now....so at the start of the last chapter we saw the flying fish crew protecting the thousand sunny, saying we have to wait 3 days until the coating is finished..... but Luffy and the SH's flew for 3 days yes? Plus now it looks like Luffy is in some random place miles from SA....you gotta think it will take a while to get back....so what the thousand sunny is just going to sit there for a month??

Anyway that aside, I would say Lola's mum won't be boa it will likely be a sister I reckon, we might even see Lola again, or just a flas back of Lola telling her mum about how amazing the SH's are......but like some people have predicted I imagine Lola's mum to be a sister of Boa or possibly a first mate or something, someone important but not Boa.....

You really have to love Oda though I mean he's created this amazing Arc even amidst all the chaos....I'm not even annoyed that New World has been delayed yet gain because of how epic this story is unfolding.....but you've now got to imagine that it will be AT least 100 chapters until we reach New World....I mean if we're going to ave a mini arc for all 9 SH's that will take a while....but who knows what Oda will do

Different in so many ways, but similar in even more......

Thread Closed
Page 51 of 234 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast