Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: HebiHime New Strawhat Crew?

Voters
235. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

104 44.26%
  • No

131 55.74%
Thread Closed
Page 48 of 234 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Volume 53 (ch513-522) Discussion

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZeroChrome's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 515 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    "can you hand me your balls?" - I wonder for how long this will go on
    just thought of something concerning Sanji ... Luffy has told Margret, that these are his "golden balls" right? so what if she asks sanji whether she can see his golden balls and sanji is to much in love with her looks to get what she means and answers: "I don't have golden balls" and she goes "oh ... then, you're not a man?" that'd be painful
    you certainly are enjoying yourself, aren't you?

a bit better chapter than last week, I guess. directing us to the revelation of the empress and I think I agree with you Akainu that the next chapter we might be switched to another SH member.

btw. quick look at Luffy with the bandages looks like he's wearing a thong

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Navid.'s Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like classic Oda humor.

I have a strange feeling that the so called Snake princess and her sisters are in fact men... Thats why they don't want other men on the island.
    - Even with my eyes wide open, I can't see a thing -

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sachsenhesse View Post
    @ascalon and logpossi
    nice find guys.
    It very possible that
    Boa Hancock is this girl:
    http://gallery.digik.net/view/3652
    ** btw, could it be that Lola's mom is the one on the lower right. *Same weapon, same build.
    Her snake can also be seen here:
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/credits/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    right bottom looks like an warrioir of elbaf, usopp? =D right upper corner has a nice sowrd (zoro maybe) und the man in the middle had some technologie in his body (so franky?) =D
    I would dislike for the top left to be Boa, because she looks nothing like an empress or an amazon.

However, the bottom right is an elbaf warrior, the middle I think was the original design for daddy the father (although he was filler, he was designed by Oda and had 2 designs) and umm.. the top right kind of looks like the mayor from that town that Buggy attacked, but he looks lame and I'm sure the idea was dropped.

Also the second picture clearly refers to the idea of Skypeia.. I highly doubt it was Oda's original design for the Amazon homeland.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well she fits the theme of snakes far to well for it to be a simple mistake, at the very least she'll have been the basis for the character that is the Empress. And really I don't think Aokiji looks like the "Strongest Marine" but he is, just because she's got a title doesn't mean that she looks like that title. And speak for yourself I think she looks like an empress quite a bit. Finally her body goes with what we know of her(looks beautiful).

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

wasn't it said that beauty equals strength among the amazones? so if she is deemed the most beautiful, she actually might just be strong and thus ... well you saw some of these girls. I imagine a situation like this:
    Margaret: "bow down to the amazing beauty of our queen"
    Luffy :"whaaat? have you eaten some shrooms? she's almost the ugliest I've ever seen"
    Everyone: " .... "
    Boa Hancock: ""

like Alvida soooo long ago but for a totally different reason.

speaking of Alvida ... Buggy would be the perfect character for a visit on Amazon Lily. I'll leave the rest to your imagination - especially about the handing over certain things and so on. (Mr.2 wouldn't be bad too )

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

wasn't it said that beauty equals strength among the amazones? so if she is deemed the most beautiful, she actually might just be strong and thus ... well you saw some of these girls. I imagine a situation like this:
    Luffy :"whaaat? have you eaten some shrooms? she's almost the ugliest I've ever seen"

like Alvida soooo long ago
    but for a totally different reason.

speaking of Alvida ... Buggy would be the perfect character for a visit on Amazon Lily. I'll leave the rest to your imagination - especially about the handing over certain things and so on. (Mr.2 wouldn't be bad too )
    I don't really have much to contribute since this post explains the reasoning behind my post so well. Thank you Akainu.

Also as Luffy would say Aokiji has an Afro, so he must be strong.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That is hilarious! She wants to grab his golden balls. You can't beat this manga.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sagemaster2000's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lurking around other boards, people seem to take an interest in the fact that the Amazons could not tell that Luffy had a DF power.

I for one understand why they might not know, being secluded and away from men and most likely the dealings of the world, most of the amazons would be clueless about DF.

Boa, because she travels around, might be the only lines of communication between the rest of the World and the island, putting her in a position to choose what and what not to reveal to her people.

At the same time I have a feeling that Boa herself has a DF power but purposely doesn't tell her people that her "Power" comes from a DF, rather it's a "gift" to those who are "chosen" so they may protect the land from men, thus giving her a more "Empress", "Ruler", "Goddess" look therfore explaining why she is so powerful.

Just speculation.
    0~~|====> The Sage Has Spoken <====|~~0

9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mythsoul's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting....Luffy has landed in a island full of chicks......and the top warriors are pirates....why did Kuma send him there...and for what porpuse...Training....did he do the same thing for the others....hmmm ....very interesting

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mythsoul View Post
    Interesting....Luffy has landed in a island full of chicks......and the top warriors are pirates....why did Kuma send him there...and for what porpuse...Training....did he do the same thing for the others....hmmm ....very interesting
    i really think this arc is meant to show us the growth in streght of all of the straw hat's...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member toxun's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's situation like away from bear tummy to snake belly. But the reason of Kuma throw Luffy there remain a mystery. Do he want Luffy mess with Hancock like Kuzan make Luffy do a real mess with World Government back in Enies Lobby?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece 516 Discussion/517 Predictions

Chapter 516 is out!

If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics and Summaries thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

But remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.
    Last edited by KaNx; September 26, 2008 at 02:56 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 515 Discussion/516 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Yabe's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Margaret's so cute <3 Oda's focused on her a lot, plus her eagerness strikes me with the thought that she'd come on-board to the wide world with the SHs somehow, but hope there'll be more scenes when she'd reveal her battling potential (if she's got one).

Quote Originally Posted by Lohnt View Post
    I would dislike for the top left to be Boa, because she looks nothing like an empress or an amazon.

like Alvida soooo long ago but for a totally different reason.

It's also a possibility that Hancock'd turn out being an unattractive empress, but how the Risky Brothers comparingly spoke about the beauty of mermaids that they even overwhelmed her suggests me to believe that she's also someone beautiful, because consider if Boa Hancock's actually ugly I don't think she'd be brought up as an example of a match to the mermaids that way.

I also don't think she has to wear the similar costumes with the local Amazonians for the reasons Sagemaster2000 pointed out about her world-wide travelling. The snake with the lady in the picture is also really big which leads to the idea of a considerably superior person amongst the snake-using people also imo.
    Last edited by Yabe; September 19, 2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: typo

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member c0nflikt's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 515 Discussion/516 Predictions

I think kuma sent all the SH's places so they can learn about what the WG and tenryuubito are doing or have done, didn't one of the new translations sayt the amazons have been isolated for 700 years, that would probably make them know something about poneglyphs and or know of the void century. Has it been stated weather boa is a yonkou or shichibukai?

Thread Closed
Page 48 of 234 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast