Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: HebiHime New Strawhat Crew?

Voters
235. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

104 44.26%
  • No

131 55.74%
Thread Closed
Page 69 of 234 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3506

Thread: One Piece Volume 53 (ch513-522) Discussion

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece 517 Discussion/518 Predictions

If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics and Summaries thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

But remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

Chapter 517 is out, get it HERE.
    Last edited by Yabe; October 03, 2008 at 07:04 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Superman's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 516 Discussion/517 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    He's shown holding a pretty big sword in spoiler pictures. One could only conclude that he used it...
    He doesn't seem especially strong to me. T-bone killed a sea king without any trouble, so it probably wouldn't be hard for him even if it was bigger.(It's hard to see how big sea king is from spoilers so far)

And did you mean the Sea King T-Bone killed and which Zoro cut in half with Rashomon, then there is a very huge huge different between the calm belt sea kings.
    Remember when they where in calm belt. (Or was it filler??? Dunno)

But Razh i still agree with you. He doesnt seem very strong to me either.
    I hope he killed just a very very very very small Calm Belt Sea King, but if he didnt he is veeeeerrrrryyyyyy strong.

Does anybody know why the chapters arent translatet yet???? Cant find them on Onemanga.
    Last edited by Superman; September 26, 2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    March 28, 2006—Pampering pets with designer goods isn't so unusual—and now even your houseflies can get outfitted in style.

The fly has cooler glasses than me!!!
    EHHHHHHH WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE CONTACTS WOOOOOT

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That colourspread is one of the best that Oda has ever drawn.

I wonder why Margaret suddenly attacked Luffy after she saved him?
    Ace....holy shit his execution is nearby now WB has to make a move in order to save him. Hancock ability is awesome...now I only need a trans.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dsr's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Momonga is a VA, so his strength must be near Garp's.
    Surely he isn't as strong as Garp, but very very close, and he should be stronger than Smoker.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member patz's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Smoker doesn't care about position. That's why he remains just a captain. He is a logia user though. I don't see how Garp could beat Smoker with his iron balls.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Garp's fighting ability isn't limited to the iron balls, Oda used those as comedic relief for the SH's escape.

Garp cornered Gol. D Roger.
    Garp > Smoker at least in his youth.

and based on Reileigh's recent beat-down of Kizaru, I'd say Garp continues to > Smoker.

Logia's are worthless trash to the old generation.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

who thinks here that girl with luffy will be his next crew??? i think she will since theres only two females in his crew

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Boa Hancocks looks exactly like the lady from xxxholic

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So with one fell swoop, the identities of Boa Hancock and the final Shichibukai are revealed. I'm glad the "Shichibukai have to leave their crews" myth was finally debunked. It's also interesting seeing how Oda's adapting Greek mythology to fit One Piece. I wonder what Mero Mero (the name of Hancock's Devil Fruit) means. It's also interesting that we have a timeframe for Ace's execution and Whitebeard's attack. I'm betting on the Straw Hats crossing the Red Line just after the battle, so that means about a week of One Piece time for the crew to re-unite. Of course, about 9 hours of One Piece time has been known to take 3 volumes, so that doesn't tell us much about how many chapters it will take. It's also great to get more information about the Shichibukai's relationship with the World Government. Oda must be dropping the hints because they're about to become even more important, to the impending battle with Whitebeard. I wonder if the Vice Admiral will be a character throughout the Amazon Lily arc, though. (He certainly seems clever, because I can't help but think that his escape from Hancock's attack was a bit Odysseus inspired, though it wasn't exactly the same. I think there is a comparison, though.)

Margaret's lack of helpfullness is quite refreshing. It's good to know Luffy won't have an immediate ally. There's actually quite a bit of contras to the Alvida chapter throughout these last three chapters. And Luffy seems to have some problems coping without his crew. Well, he said as much to Arlong, but it's gonna be nice seeing him develop at least a bit so that he'll be able to compensate for the lack of his crew. (E.g. learning basic cooking, architecture, healing. And I mean EXTREMELY basic. Not much more elaborate then how to actually build a raft, or light a cooking fire and use it.)

The Haki arrows annoy me to end. I've been desparately hoping Oda didn't go this way with Haki ever since the Duval arc, but I've been getting more and more worried about it as Shabondy progressed. And now my fears are confirmed. I'm counting on you to save this for me, Oda. And by save this, I mean DO NOT LET HAKI BECOME AN ACTUAL FIGHTING STYLE. Give Luffy the abilitiy to knock people out or blow up obstacles by glaring at them, fine. Keep his fighting style as bludgeoning people with his rubber limbs. I'm fine with Haki being used as a slight support by SOME characters, but I'm hoping it doesn't become predominant. And I still think that saying that Haki can cancel out Logia powers is utterly preposterous. I'm waiting for that misconception (at least, I desperately HOPE it's a misconception) to be debunked also.

And one final note, that colorspread was one of the best. Interesting of Oda to call back the first introduction of each Straw Hat, though. You have to wonder whether it's just to intensify the feeling of bereftness and loss, or if it foreshadows something.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Superman's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joshua019 View Post
    who thinks here that girl with luffy will be his next crew??? i think she will since theres only two females in his crew
    EHHHHHHH my post got deleted dammit i hate you all hahahaha joking.
    Jup she probably be the new member and i hope she falls totally in Zoro. He gets so pissed off and she thinks hes so cute.hahahahaha Nami and sanji only that this time its exacly different.
    No clue what is gonna happen next chapter but hopefully the scenario wont change. Hope Odachi stays by Luffy.

I truly ask myself how Oda let Zoro react if Magaret ask him about his Kintama. Hahahahahahahahaha
    Last edited by Superman; September 26, 2008 at 01:42 PM.
    March 28, 2006—Pampering pets with designer goods isn't so unusual—and now even your houseflies can get outfitted in style.

The fly has cooler glasses than me!!!
    EHHHHHHH WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE CONTACTS WOOOOOT

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lohnt View Post
    Garp's fighting ability isn't limited to the iron balls, Oda used those as comedic relief for the SH's escape.

Garp cornered Gol. D Roger.
    Garp > Smoker at least in his youth.

and based on Reileigh's recent beat-down of Kizaru, I'd say Garp continues to > Smoker.

Logia's are worthless trash to the old generation.
    Link to where Kizaru was getting beatdown?

I think Momonga wil finally crush the the VA's are all weak except for Garp theory. I've always thought of them as quite strong. Anyways if I remember correctly both the Amazons and Marines thought that the Sea King in question was a monster, thats enough credit to his name in my opinion. And that nest was huge, the guys strong and has a lot of experience. Calm Belt Sea Kings are supposedly gigantic, if someone could post a post a pic?
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; September 26, 2008 at 01:59 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrezy View Post
    Boa Hancocks looks exactly like the lady from xxxholic
    I had the same thought when I saw her. Her sisters however are no beauty. Do you think that Marigold thong is due to a devil fruit too ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind I found a pic, just to give you an idea of Momonga's likely strength
    HUGE.

He took something like that... he's tough.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dsr's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

IF, and I say IF, the two ugly sisters are DF users, I bet my kintama on an ANCIENT ZOAN one.
    Last edited by dsr; September 26, 2008 at 02:26 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner logpossi's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think only Boa Hancock possess a DF ability. I doubt her sisters are zoan type, cause all of them have pets; snake, bird, leopard.

Thread Closed
Page 69 of 234 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 ... LastLast