Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Chapter 764 Discussion / 765 Prediction

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Syphin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece One Piece Chapter 764 Discussion / 765 Prediction

If you haven't seen the goodies yet, check here: Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
    Last edited by ProGoddess; October 16, 2014 at 07:57 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Chapter 764 Spoiler Discussion

Nagi - Nagi no mi seems to be a DF that can manipulate sound. Either he can enhance the volume of sounds or completely mute them. Seems like a dangerous ability if used right.
    "Marine Admirals"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ShishiSonson's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marzarret View Post
    Nagi - Nagi no mi seems to be a DF that can manipulate sound. Either he can enhance the volume of sounds or completely mute them. Seems like a dangerous ability if used right.
    Nah, it is only useful/interesting in the first half of Grand Line.

In New World, almost every strong pirates use Haki. So he can hide his step noise etc. but not his presence to a Kenbunshoku user.

But it is weird, I tought that Corazon were the first user of Ope Ope no Mi.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member desin24's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like yet anothet amazing chapter awaits us. Roccinante working with Sengoku against Doflamingo implies that they were separated for a while and each of them went his own way until Roccinante came back to infiltrate DD.
    I hope it just isn't mentioned in the spoiler but that we do get something about D and that it wasn't just a huge tease.
    "Let me teach you the Hungry Dog Eat Shit Kick" Wu Geng

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Goddamn Oda, nothing we came up so far came even close to this. Well done.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

A spy? now we're getting a very plausible reason why Doflamingo could kill his brother. He values family over everything, but if he found out that his remaining true family has been betraying him for years, that could well have pushed him or been a contributing part.

As noted by Aohige on APforums, it doesn't seem like Rocinante knew Vergo( otherwise he would've told Sengoku that Vergo was a spy for DD); likely explanation is that the former was away from DD during Vergo's initial time there before joining the Marines. By the time Cora was reunited with DD, Vergo was in the Marines undergoing his training. At some point after, he asks to be transferred to G-5( likely to further DD's goals).

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    A spy? now we're getting a very plausible reason why Doflamingo could kill his brother. He values family over everything, but if he found out that his remaining true family has been betraying him for years, that could well have pushed him or been a contributing part.

As noted by Aohige on APforums, it doesn't seem like Rocinante knew Vergo( otherwise he would've told Sengoku that Vergo was a spy for DD); likely explanation is that the former was away from DD during Vergo's initial time there before joining the Marines. By the time Cora was reunited with DD, Vergo was in the Marines undergoing his training. At some point after, he asks to be transferred to G-5( likely to further DD's goals).
    It reminds me a little the movie "the Departed", it is almost the same schema, each side infiltrates other side.

Oda seriously should stop writing manga and start to write novel ^^
    Spoiler show

11. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShishiSonson View Post
    It reminds me a little the movie "the Departed", it is almost the same schema, each side infiltrates other side.
    Precisely! but I wonder if both sides became aware of being infiltrated or was it just the pirate side that found out.

Some light needs to be shed on how DD and Roci came to be separated; either in this chapter(preferably) or the next. Was it through choice or some necessity?

Until I see the chapter or spoiler summary, I'm questioning way too many things right now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

uuuh Corazon is actually a spy? sooo twisty, never thought about something like that. i hope he could tell as much as he could to sengoku. DD needs to go to impel down - for good.
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama IMO:
    Kin'emon / Momonosuke / Rebecca / Bellamy / Ceaser Clown / Mancherie / Leo / Wicca / Kanjuro / Bartolomeo

Intl Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Erinyes's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goldb
    it doesn't seem like Rocinante knew Vergo

According to Redon summary, Rocinante knew that Vergo was sent on a special assignment but it was a secret mission, nobody knew exactly about it except Doflomingo.

Plus regarding "D" it seems the D's are sworn enemies of the Tenryubitos that explains Cora's reaction.

Chapter title is "White Monster" ref. to Law white lead poisonning regarded as a kind of pariah.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. ", George Bernard Shaw.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member desin24's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Precisely! but I wonder if both sides became aware of being infiltrated or was it just the pirate side that found out.

Some light needs to be shed on how DD and Roci came to be separated; either in this chapter(preferably) or the next. Was it through choice or some necessity?

Until I see the chapter or spoiler summary, I'm questioning way too many things right now.
    Since Vergo is still a Viceadmiral or better was if he is really dead then I guess that he wasn't found out 13 years ago or anytime since then.
    I hope they were not separated by choice since that would make it more dramatic I think
    "Let me teach you the Hungry Dog Eat Shit Kick" Wu Geng

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it obvious.. otherwise how vergo was still in G5 during Punk Hazard...

This planing.. these infiltration ... Ooooo... I love when Oda pulls it out everytime... It all started with CP9 ... then we saw Kuma.. Then Vergo and now Cora ... Amazing.... Down the line we will know that Aokiji got into marines from revolutionary army and rose to being an Admiral ... and he even tried to become Chief Admiral.. .... If Doffla can pull a spy to rise to VA and revolutionary can put a spy in Schichibukai .. and Marines can do it with the strong(I doubt that though) ties of brotherhood... its totally possible imo...

I wonder if Corazon do have a grudge against doffla for killing their father...duty aside.,..
    Last edited by Ninja_Pirate; October 16, 2014 at 04:23 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

This flashback is similar to the movie "The Departed" by Matt Damon and Leonardo De Carpio, the Mafia Spy infiltrate the police and the policeman infiltrates the Mafia. Too bad that Corazon was found out first.
    "Marine Admirals"

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe after DD killed his father, each ones choose their path. One decided to become a Marine to change things and the other decided to become a Pirate.
    I think the two brothers reacted differently after what they suffered.
    Spoiler show

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Stiltzkin's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagi Nagi no mi reminded me of Melody from HxH
    she also affiliated with sound-type nen

New Reply
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast