Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
I dont know if a post like this is aloud but I shure hope so.
I making a Gantz fan site full of info
Well I need help with alot of things so if anyone here is willing to help that would be nice
but one of the most important things I need help with is naming of the aliens
Gantz only names a few (i have scowered the manga for names) but ppl on this board seem to name the aliens. Example the names thousand arms and tangu were nvr mentioned as far as I found but people here have names. I would love some help with that among other things.
I can help you with the official names of the Aliens.
-Junior Onion Alien 1 Point
Big Onion Alien 3 Points
-Tanaka Alien 5 Points
Tanaka Alien Chick 0 Point
Tanaka Alien Boss 8 Points
-Buddha Statue Alien (Guardians of the Kannon of 1000 arms & Partners of Grumpy & Rowdy alien)
Grumpy Alien 3 points
Rowdy Alien 3 points
Giant Buddha Alien 5 points
Kannon of 1000 arms
-Shorty Alien. 3 Points
-Country Bumpkin Alien...better known as kappe alien 10 Points
Raptor San 1 Point
Tricera San 3 Points
Tyrano San 3 Points
Braquio San Child 10 Points
Braquio San Parent 30 Points
-Ring Alien 10 Points
-Oni Alien, Oni Alien Boss (rock, fire, thunder and transforming)
Nurarihyon 100 Points
Tengu 71 Points
Inugami...alias snoopy 68 Points
Hannya...the horned samurai
Nō-Men...the other samurai
Ohaguro Bettari...takeshi killed it at the beggining of the mission
Ami Kiri...george killed it with the 100 point weapon
Doro ta bō...Kaze killed it
Last edited by GAT-X252; September 07, 2008 at 07:43 PM.
thank you so much
is the "san" after the dino names the jap. way of showing respect or is that really part of their name? I want this to be as official to the dark horse eng. trans. as possible.
Is a way of showing respect...
We mostly just use the actual designations of the characters from popular Japanese mythology and pop culture. Japanese kids will be as familiar with those as our own are with Paul Bunyan, John Henry, or the Greek and Norse gods.
I hope you've got some time to dig through Japanese mythology. There are about 700 deities or Yokai. During the Nurarihyon, or Nurari Hyon, mission, all of the monsters, even those that just appeared in one panel, were all named Yokai, which are monsters and minor gods from the various Japanese mythologies.
The Osaka team, with the sole exception of Anzu, were all Japanese comedians from Osaka. The real Oka Hachirou died in 2004. All of Oka's lines were from the real-life Oka's comedy routines.
The female vampire now called "Kill Bill" may be based on a Japanese actress who once made the mistake of mentioning that she would be interested in playing a Gantz member in a movie. I forgot her name, but I remember reading about it.
Nurarihyon was originally a female, but during the Renaissance, the character became an old man in the popular artistry. He is mostly a nuisance, not known for killing. He is more likely to do mischief than real harm. But he is the supreme commander of all Yokai. He is also fond of stealing tea and tobacco. If he is caught, he takes over and becomes the head of the household. He has been portrayed as everything from an old fool to a near-omnipotent warlord. The references to a foul fish odor surrounding Nuri are also from the old myths. (S)he was originally an ocean-dwelling god.
If you are serious about starting a fan club, you REALLY should get a copy of the FULL Gantz manual. It's 250 pages and gives in-depth info about the series. Do NOT get the animation manual, which is mostly crap about the TV series that has no bearing on the manga.
The Shorty Alien actually did have a name. It's on page 170 of the manual. How's that for an incentive to find it?
lol wow as usuall george thank you, and I been hopeing someone will translate the manual soon and as for all the minor yokai I would just refer to them as the masses as I did in the buddah temple mission with all of the faceless budah.
If you could take a look at the site and give me some pointers that would be cool
links in first post.
oh just so you kno there is a gantz wiki out there, so if you ever need any info they have some there as soon as i find it ill give you the link. But gl with the site tho and can you put up the full version of the rip slyme song.
ya shure you mean for download?
I can send it too you untill I have it up tho
nah i got the song just sayin the full version> the op
thank you for the points thats awome of you.
A few facts about the points:
1. they are set amounts, determined before the missions even begin; the heroin addict linked the X-gun to his laptop and saw the enemies' point values, as well as several statistics which were probably the enemies' speed and endurance, as well as other important stats.
2. There is a maximum of 100 points per mission, because Katou killed the 100 point Nuri as well as one other strong enemy and several weak ones, but he just got the 100 points. There was an old Japanese robot game show decades ago that had a scoring system like that.
3. Some aliens that appear to be strong are worth much less than some that appear to be weaker. For instance, the big temple guards were only worth 3 points each despite their size and strength. So was the onion alien and triceratops. Tae, the weakest enemy ever, was worth a whole 30 points. Tengu and Inugami weren't very formidable in comparison to the Dino boss, but they were worth 68 and 71 points while it was only worth 30. Therefore, Gantz is somewhat arbitrary in his scoring.
Now, about the "aliens" and whether they are willing participants:
4. It appears that the alien bosses have some ability to choose the strength of their "team", because HS asked the Oni boss about the fact that he had gone "all in" and sent all of his people to the mall. They were tracking the Gantz team just like the Gantz team were tracking them. It appears that Gantz may have made arrangements with something similar on the other side. There may be one set of rules for both the "human" and "alien" sides.
5. One of the Oni was a Reika fan and even wanted an autograph; that meant that the average soldiers weren't necessarily in the battle by their own choice, just like the Gantz team.
It appears that both the humans and aliens are unwilling participants in a game that is orchestrated at least in part by Gantz.
as always george, some very good info thanks.
How does all that make her name Killbill? lol