Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Kakashi ever train Sakura?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Kakashi ever train Sakura?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Kakashi never taught Sasuke to use his sharingan better, all he did was teach an assassination technique to a person focused on revenge. Not a smart move in my opinion.

Perhaps i'm not being fair to Kakashi laying so much blame on him, but people give far to much credit to his abilities as a teacher. He managed to offer Sasuke strength without being sure he knew when and why to use it. While sending Naruto off to learn from Ebitsu not Jiraiya, Naruto found him all on his own during the chunnin exam, and wasn't shown teaching Sakura much at all.
    In my eyes there are parallels between the Sandiame's mistakes involving Orochimaru and Kakashi's mistakes involving Sasuke. And just like Jiraiya spent years trying to clean up that mess, Naruto has been doing the same.

that's not really true. Naruto couldn't control his chakra at the time because of oro's seal on the top of his demon seal. So he lacked in the basics and ebisu's training was the right thing to do since even jirayia started there. It's only then that he noticed Oro's seal and the moment he took it off , Naruto improved.

kakashi and sandaime weren't in similar situation. Kakashi knew sasuke's heart , he didn't a make a mystery of his vengenge. But Kakashi was aware of oro , simply concerned by his student 's safety.
    Last edited by seya; September 12, 2008 at 03:21 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think kakashi meant that she didnt use to be so good a phisical combat, which is why she was the type to avoid it and use her high chakra control and intelligence for genjutsu.
    This might be one of kakashi's flaws as a teacher, since he said that based on what sakura was able to do when she was 12 years old. He apparently never considered sakura could improve in other areas and was surprised at what sakura did at the beggining of part 2.
    On the other hand kakashi might not have been the proper teacher for sakura from the start considering that it would be completely imposible for kakashi to get the results tsunade got when training sakura.
    I don't agree on this. from what we've seen so far, Kakashi is a great teacher and able to read one's potential very well. not saying that he could see beforhand that Sakura will become so strong, but then again, she never would if it weren't for Tsunade, who wasn't around at the time. I do belive that, in time, Sakura will get the genjutsu training, and be great at it. true, Sakura wouldn't get this far with Kakashi alone. but it is also true that Naruto and Sasuke wouldn't become as powerful as they are now without training with the other two sannin. in short, not that he was the wrong teacher, he just isn't as good as the sannin, which makes sense

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well beside the general "clan killed... revenge is my life's purpose" thing, the point in the manga were Kakashi taught Sasuke the chidori was shortly after he received his cursed seal and delighted in making the sound trio suffer, which Sakura told him about if i'm not mistaken. Even that aside Orochimaru told Kakashi plainly that Sasuke would seek him out. Plenty of warning signs if you ask me.
    And yet in spite of that Sasuke was willing to give his life to protect Naruto. So Kakashi also had reasons to trust Sasuke.

Quote Quote:
    The section was quoting the recent past in which Jiraiya was stating his plans to take and train Naruto and warning Kakashi about akatsuki. That was likely after the Sandaime was dead. Nothing about it that i saw implies that flashback occurred before Orochimaru invaded.
    I know you don't want to get off topic, but I had to point this out. Note that Jiraiya in that scene explains that he has spent his travels following Orochimaru. He then says this is one reason he came to Konoha because "that person" (Orochimaru) was going to return soon. Doesn't this mean it must have been before Orochimaru's big debut?

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well since it's a question i'll answer. When he said "that person will return to the village one day" that doesn't mean it happened before the Sandiame was killed. It just meant he thought Ororchimaru wasn't finished with konoha. A hunch that proved correct when the sound trio invaded.

I will say one more thing regarding Kakashi's skill as a teacher. All through the manga Naruto has had to be "retaught the basic skills" or "didn't know the right way to use kagebunshin" or "didn't know what elemental and spacial composition was" or "couldn't resist genjutsu at all". All those things could have, and should have, been taught to Naruto by Kakashi and weren't. You can't expect Naruto to be born knowing everything.

I don't mean to say Kakashi is a horrible teacher. But i do mean to say Kakashi is not perfect as a teacher, and he has made more than his share of mistakes.

As for him being Sakura's teacher, the only thing i can really imagine him being able to teach her would be genjutsu. Considering that most of the current powerful characters seem to be able to shrug off genjutsu without much difficulty, i don't think that is the best path for her to gain fighting power.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

During what time would Kakashi have had time to teach him all this stuff? I mean when you look at the timeline from when Team 7 was formed to when it was broken up, it couldn't have been more than 6 months (two chuunin exams/yr, no mention of one during the academy time nor early in the team history) Then Chuunin exams, he leaves with Jiraiya for Tsunade (figure about a month for that whole excursion) and then 3 months later he's back off with Jiraiya again. So that's what 10 months total that Naruto has known Kakashi at least 4 of which he wasn't under the tutelage of Kakashi. Kakashi was also not the type of person to go mucking up another teachers work when it wasn't his place.

Now, those six months were most likely consumed with basics and reteaching Naruto most of what he SHOULD have learned in the academy, but for what is likely a variety of reasons didn't, teamwork too. Ultimately, you cannot ignore the basics and thats why Naruto has been so handicapped up until recently. He's finally mastered them all and finally started to get his head screwed on straight under the teaching of Jiraiya (I'm pretty sure that's what most of the 2 yr trip was doing).

As for the Kagebunshin, I figured he would have expected Naruto to have figured that out already and that's why he was so confused and put out when Naruto stared at him blankly during the intro to the elemental training.

Let's all be honest, Naruto did more with basic techniques and his ridiculous amounts of chakra (and one advanced jutsu) against Gaara then Sasuke could manage with the Sharingan, Chidori, and his advanced ninjutsu.

AND all of the stuff you mentioned is really, really advanced (High Chuunin lvl and above) So, teaching him that stuff was not right given what he knew and what he needed to know.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jodi's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Starzen View Post
    @ leos : when team 7 was first created, whom did the 3rd assign kakashi to look over, was it naruto or sasuke? kakashi is and was a terrible teacher, he knew from the beginning that both sakura and naruto lacked ninja training and yet he chose sasuke. just one question, how was naruto supposed to fight neji by learning basics.
    I totally disagree.

Kakashi is a hell of a teacher.
    Why don't you read the manga from the start?

he chose Sasuke because SASUKE was being haunted by Orochimaru, not Naruto or Sakura.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He found time to teach that stuff to Sasuke didn't he?

As for the kagebunshin thing, all he would have had to do is say "Hey Naruto. Did you know that kagebunshins are excellent for scouting, since you absorb whatever knowledge they have gained when they pop.". Naruto learned kagebunshins after he left the academy so he certainly wasn't going to learn about them any other way.

That's the kind of valuable information that could have helped them alot in the forest of death.
    Last edited by Jammin; September 11, 2008 at 05:36 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya, when has Naruto ever been not dense except in battle? Plus, things can even escape a ninja of such capabilities as Kakashi (like the whole Zabuza/Hunter-nin discussion)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leos~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You are very right Endros, but Kakashi did teach them alot in those few months (although not nearly as much as any of his students learned from their respective masters - the sannin). He took 3 ninja fresh from the academy and turned them into a capable force. Now, as others have said, his students are due just as much credit as Kakashi himself is due as their teacher. While other his students have definitely learned more from their respective masters after their short stint under Kakashi's leadership, Kakashi layed the foundations and has had a more important role in laying down the values instilled in those three. A great example of this is their teamwork: throughout the manga Kakashi has stressed teamwork, and even Sasuke - the one who has wandered farthest from what Kakashi has taught - still holds some of Kakashi's views on teamwork, as evidenced in some of the newer chapters (we'll ignore the fact that I find Sasuke's regrowing of his heart to be utter horse-shiite )

but seriously, this is probably off-topic, and will probably be the last time I post here. Back on topic, I can easily see Tsunade dying some time in the future, leaving Kakashi to become Hokage. With Tsunade's death, Sakura will be forced to grow up and will probably learn some new stuff (like genjutsu ), although I doubt it will be from Kakashi. Of course, this probably won't happen, as my predictions never come true. And truthfully, I don't want this one to either (let Tsunade live!).

Peace!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well since it's a question i'll answer. When he said "that person will return to the village one day" that doesn't mean it happened before the Sandiame was killed. It just meant he thought Ororchimaru wasn't finished with konoha. A hunch that proved correct when the sound trio invaded.

I will say one more thing regarding Kakashi's skill as a teacher. All through the manga Naruto has had to be "retaught the basic skills" or "didn't know the right way to use kagebunshin" or "didn't know what elemental and spacial composition was" or "couldn't resist genjutsu at all". All those things could have, and should have, been taught to Naruto by Kakashi and weren't. You can't expect Naruto to be born knowing everything.

I don't mean to say Kakashi is a horrible teacher. But i do mean to say Kakashi is not perfect as a teacher, and he has made more than his share of mistakes.

As for him being Sakura's teacher, the only thing i can really imagine him being able to teach her would be genjutsu. Considering that most of the current powerful characters seem to be able to shrug off genjutsu without much difficulty, i don't think that is the best path for her to gain fighting power.
    What Kakashi would teach to Naruto after the chase for Sasuke at the Valley of the End, was done by Jiraiya. kakashi didn't have time to teach him specific techniques since the Orochimaru stuff

THEN Naruto came back to town and guess what?
    he learned specific jutsu... from who? Kakashi.

Naruto didn't even have an elemental jutsu
    Kakashi gave him one of the most powerful jutsu on narutoverse

He found time to teach that stuff to Sasuke didn't he?

As for the kagebunshin thing, all he would have had to do is say "Hey Naruto. Did you know that kagebunshins are excellent for scouting, since you absorb whatever knowledge they have gained when they pop.". Naruto learned kagebunshins after he left the academy so he certainly wasn't going to learn about them any other way.

That's the kind of valuable information that could have helped them alot in the forest of death.
    Naruto couldn't use taju KB that time
    or, even if he could, Kakashi didn't know
    or, Naruto couldn't handle the mental fatigue
    or Naruto didn't have that insane amount of chakra that he has now
    Last edited by jodi; September 11, 2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jodi
    I'm not talking about kagebunshin as a training tool. All the credit for that goes right to Kakashi, it was brilliant. Kakashi is fantastic with ninjutsu no doubt about that.

However, he knew one of Naruto's big weapons was his kagebunshin but he never found the time to tell him something that important about it. To be able to send out an expendable scout ahead o the party would have been very using during the forest of death and chasing down Sasuke. Jiriaya had a good reason for not mentioning it to Naruto he probably would have assumed that Kakashi told him, i know i would have.

As much fun as it is to get swept up in a debate about whether or not Kakashi has made mistakes as a teacher. The question of this thread is "whether or not Kakashi will ever train Sakura" and as i've said before hijacking this thread really wasn't my intention. So i'll stop posting about this.
    Last edited by Jammin; September 11, 2008 at 06:27 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Askia32's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jodi View Post

The first time Naruto ever used Kage Bunshin, it was taju Kage Bunshin.

Spoiler show
    2010 World Series Champs SF GIANTS!!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jodi View Post
    What Kakashi would teach to Naruto after the chase for Sasuke at the Valley of the End, was done by Jiraiya. kakashi didn't have time to teach him specific techniques since the Orochimaru stuff

THEN Naruto came back to town and guess what?
    he learned specific jutsu... from who? Kakashi.

Naruto didn't even have an elemental jutsu
    Kakashi gave him one of the most powerful jutsu on narutoverse
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Actually Naruto learned no new jutsu from Kakashi. All Kakashi has taught him was the KB usage and natural manipulation. The rest was Naruto's own creation so Kakashi didn't really gave him one of the most powerful jutsu. Naruto created it himself.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Askia32 View Post
    The first time Naruto ever used Kage Bunshin, it was taju Kage Bunshin.

Spoiler show
    agreed, but after that I guess he used it only in chuunin exams part 3, but I don't quite remember it for sure, but my theory here is that he couldn't use it normally, it was like a last resort to not die

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    Actually Naruto learned no new jutsu from Kakashi. All Kakashi has taught him was the KB usage and natural manipulation. The rest was Naruto's own creation so Kakashi didn't really gave him one of the most powerful jutsu. Naruto created it himself.
    well, for me, saying how to create the jutsu is teaching the jutsu
    like: "To create this new jutsu you must put elemental chakra on your spatial rasengan, but you must fuse them your way k?"
    thats for me is teaching

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Kakashi can really teach Sakura that much use for thing for "her". Their style is completely different. He can't teach her a useful/powerful ninjutsu because Sakura ain't the ninjutsu type, she a genjutsu type if i remember right. He can't teacher taijutsu because their taijutsu fighting style is different. The best teacher for Sakura is already teaching her.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast