Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
In light of recent events I felt like this thread needed to be made. Just in case people haven't looked at the spoiler thread yet, please put your posts in a spoiler tag until the official scanlation comes out. Thanks.
So anyways this thread is dedicated to catastrophe/ katastrophe. What does the countdown mean? When will it happen? Who'll be involved? Is Gantz really German? Post your opinions here.
We'll actually get some answers soon I'm so excited
revived thread and merged ~igotthegoods
Last edited by igotthegoods; September 13, 2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: spoiler tags no longer needed
What we know:
1. It's going to happen in 7 days, 23 hours.
2. The German spelling was used.
3. Nishi used the plural form "we" when talking about what it might be; that means that he is probably in contact with veterans from other Gantz teams. They have evidently discussed it among themselves.
4. Nishi told Izumi that the Tokyo team needed more weapons if it was going to have a chance.
5. Nishi guards information like it is a valuable commodity for one reason: it is. He has probably been trading info about the hunts of other teams for a long time; he probably trades info about the aliens he has faced for info about the other teams' hunts.
6. We know that the Tokyo team doesn't have much of an arsenal of reward weapons: 5 swords and 2 bikes. I don't think the BFGs are going to be a 100 point reward. That is probably the sword. The BFGs that the sadists used were probably left in the arsenal room by members who had died, or they borrowed them from other players. Knob-yan had cleared 4 times, but he just had the BFG and sword.
7. Regardless of the specifics of which reward they receive at which level, Izumi could open the arsenal room but the rookie in the Buddha mission couldn't; that means that only people who have cleared at least once can access the room. Izumi left the door open for Kei, and he kept the sword that he got out of it on the next mission. However, the bike evidently went back into the locked room, because it wasn't used in the following missions.
8. After everybody accumulated 100 points at the end of the Oni mission, there was a big fight in the room at the start of the Nuri mission, so nobody tried to open the door and get anything out. Izumi's reward weapon should be in the room now.
9. Nishi isn't worried about dying. He said that the current team would be among the first to die, though. It is possible that he can open another armory, possibly the room in the kitchen area that Sei tried to open but couldn't.
9a. After all, he was the sole survivor of at least 5 missions, and survived through at least 35 missions before Kei arrived in the room. His tactics are designed to minimize his risk and maximize the number of points that he gets every mission. It's practically impossible for him to have lived through that many missions without getting a few hundred points.
10. Nishi speculated that the catastrophe will be a nuclear war, but it could just as easily be a full-scale invasion.
11. Nishi believes that the teams with the best weapons will be able to survive and pretty much rule the earth when it's all over.
12. Nishi thinks that an invincible army is going to take over the earth, and that nuclear war is a strong possibility. In other words, our governments will probably use nuclear weapons to try to destroy the aliens, and everything will be destroyed. What will remain will be a post-apocalyptic battlefield, where only the strongest will survive. But that may not happen; it's just Nishi, and evidently several other veterans, speculating.
Well, what do you think?
Last edited by georgemarvin; September 13, 2008 at 04:52 PM.
@ 7. the room opens after gantz opens izumi said so himself, as for the guy in the buddha mission he tried to open it before gantz opened
That's actually not exactly what Izumi said. He said he remembered that once the ball opens, that was the only door that he could open. The difference is that he didn't say that the door will only open after the ball opens, just that it is the only locked door that will open. It's showing his swiss cheese memory; that's one thing that he remembers from his former tour of duty with Gantz.Quote:
It's likely that the guy from the Buddha mission wouldn't be the first rookie to try the locked doors. If the rookies could open that door after the ball opened, some rookie would have showed up for a mission with a sword and a bike. For that matter, some of the team would have showed up for the missions after Dino with them. After all, they all knew about it after Dino mission ended. It looks like the only way Kei was able to get into the room and get a sword and a bike was because Izumi left it open. But now that they have cleared once, they should be able to access the room.
its not the only way kei was able to get into the room its the only way he knew about it, and even if rookies took the sword and the bike doesnt mean anything, they coulda just drove outa the area and gotten killed.
Agreed. Anyway...along with the bikes and th Y-Guns, there a few people who take the swords with them to the missions.Quote:
I wonder how he found it,but its a possibility,he did create that website and Izumi found it,they could do that to.Its a possibility.
Yeah he did,well this team makes up for the weapons with an unbelievable teamwork so weapons not realy that big of an issue,ofcourse if were talkin about that every other team has a person that cleared over 7 times.
I think someone will find him,yeah Chery probably still has his number ofcourse if Nishi didnt hide it,I believe Nishi in time will tell,I hope he will tell it till the war starts.
Maybe Knob-yan didnt use the other ones and this could be truth cause Kyou cleared twice and didnt have the H-Gun,maybe you get it from members that have died or maybe Knob didnt want to use anything else,remeber the guy was reckless,there could be possibilitys that he didnt use them on purpose.
BUt yeah maybe you are right,cause there aint that much of those swors as the are the rifles or the guns.Maybe they are the weapons left from others,but I wonder to what kind of aliens they lost if they cleared once or twice.
Izumi said that this was the only room that could be opened when the ball was opened.I doubt the fact you need to clear once.I think it didnt open cause he wanted to keep everythin tidy,ball opens take your weapons and so opens the other room take your weapons aswell.And Kurono didnt take no sword in the jurasic mission only a bike,next mission,I mean Tae and Ring mission,he didnt have a sword.
Hmm a possibility if those sadists took other weapons so thsi could be true to,its possible.
If he could why would he risk in this mission,if there were so high-tech weapons he wouldnt risk,he would take them and use them.I sometimes think that Nishi is created by Gantz,you know like some kind of general,a guide or whatever.
Maybe the mission he tried to live had very weak aliens,very weak.He is always hiding man,maybe there was a period where only Leek alien types came and he could not do anything about it.He didnt have a few hundred points,I think he was there for like a year,he said that himself if I remeber correctly,but never had a 100 points,I just doubt that.
Maybe,I dont think Nishi is into world-domination.But Nishi doesnt know,he doesnt know,what kind of team is the Tokyo team,they were broken since Kei died,now hes back,the team is back,Katou is back + Kaze fuckin rules,look at him.The teamwork they had and the teamwork they might have or will have will make up for theyre lack of weapons.
Yeah,that could be true,that could be true.And Im going to make me some breakfest.
Last edited by Hollow Kurono; September 14, 2008 at 03:58 AM.
I thought only Izumi, the veteran, Nishi, another veteran, and Kei, who Izumi had let into the room, and is smart enough to grab a sword when he had the chance, had the swords after the Dino mission. I could be wrong. Please show me where any other player used a sword in any mission after Dino and I will throw that theory in the scrap heap.Quote:
The Y-gun isn't a reward weapon. There was an extended debate about it. Bittman originally suggested the idea that the Y-gun was a reward weapon in the rewards and weapons thread. After seeing the evidence, I agreed it was plausible. I re-read the early issues and added a chain of ownership for the Y-gun, making it even more plausible. I championed the idea in discussions of possible rewards in both that thread and others, pending somebody shooting it down, and several people did try to shoot it down. However, I ended up shooting it down myself: Gantz manual, full version, back cover. It shows an up-close view of the weapons. There are clearly six Y-guns in the ball.
Anyone think that it'll be a full scale invasion of soldiers that they had fought before?
Like Tanakas with more improved suits?
That's what they already did this last mission. Nuri was just an overpowered Oni boss. Re-read issues #198 thru 201. Nuri just used his powers better than the Oni boss did.Quote:
The Oni boss that Reika fought during the Oni mission and Nurarihyon had practically identical abilities: They could change form at will, with the Oni changing into a bee, an elephant, Kei and Reika. It also turned into an ecchi that was smaller but the same as the giant one that Nuri turned into.
The Oni boss absorbed three X-gun blasts. It regenerated from massive damage. It could handle being blown into pieces by five X-guns. But it couldn't handle one hit by a surprise attack from Kei using a Gantz sword, just like Nuri couldn't handle one hit by a surprise attack from Oka using a Gantz sword.
For that matter, the Oni had the same acid attack as the 1000 arms boss. It dissolved the Gantzers, suit and all. Nuri's very presence did the same thing to the ritual sacrifices, the soldiers and the Gantz members who got too close before he fought Oka. There was quite a discussion back then about what it was that dissolved things around Nuri. The X-gun even showed a fine mist surrounding him. That would be the same acid that the Oni used.
Nuri also used the same laser attack that the 1000 arms did.
Some of the races of aliens are "bosses" and others are just cannon fodder. The Oni appear to be one of the strongest. The Onion, Tanaka and Shorty Aliens were just refugees from what may turn out to be an intergalactic war. The Dinos were also emigrants, but they didn't plan to just hide and blend in. The Dino boss and horsemen were evidently different species from 1000 arms, the one Oni boss and Nuri, but they weren't benevolent, like onions, tanaka and Shorty.
Last edited by georgemarvin; September 14, 2008 at 01:31 PM.
No one take the swords or the bikes to the missions. It's not because the can't enter the room, is just because the don't like to use them...*just like no ones use the Y Gun or the Bikes.
The Osaka Team uses almost everything with the exception of the Y Gun.
The Osaka team who use the stuff from the armory are all veterans.
If I'm right, whenever anybody chooses the powerful weapon, it goes into the arsenal room. People with anything from 100 to 400 points can open the door to that arsenal room. Once you clear 5 times, you can get into another arsenal room; every time anybody gets enough points to get into that room, they have access to the really neat stuff, like the flying bike, giant invisible suit, gorilla suit, and mecha. Oka only had 300 points more than Knob-yan, but he had four more rewards. That probably means that Oka wasn't the only person who had ever gotten more than 500 points while playing for that Gantz. Once they hit 1,000 there will be a third room that they can open, which may have some other really neat goodies.
The alternative would be something totally unbelievable: The giant invisible suit that was fighting the bull demon early in the Nuri fight didn't belong to Oka, after all.
I think we'll see what's in that big black ball in germany, in 7 days. :P
I believe this will be a full scale alien invasion, and the conclusion of the series.
The capture gun will be needed. They can't deal with another Nuri.
They've already dealt with three of them. They should get easier as the team gets more experience. Of course, Katou has taken out two of them: 1000 arms and Nuri. Reika was fighting the third one (issues 198-201) when Kei hit it with a surprise attack with a Gantz sword and cut off its head. Nishi almost took out Nuri, but close counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. The current team has no less than 4 members who have fought the shape-shifting, acid spitting, laser beam emitting, regenerating Oni bosses, (well, 5 if you count Inaba, but his only experience was having sex with one.) so they should be able to deal with future Nuri's easier than this last one.