Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1309

Thread: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, perhaps it should have been an easy victory before but rufus got a pretty good sight of natsu's powerful DS magic. In this regard he might even have a slight advantage against grey. In terms of sheer volume of magic it would make sense grey is superior thanks to second origin. Grey should remain about as strong as base natsu and as we just saw that should be quite overwhelming.
    Natsu's face when Grey trashes Rufus using his DS magic with Ice Make- Priceless.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate What if Fairy Tail is serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump, What do you think will happen in the weekly rankings?

We all know that Fairy Tail is the creme de la creme of Weekly Shonen Magazine but
    what if Fairy Tail is serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump, What do you think will happen in the weekly rankings?

Can Fairy Tail beat the Big Three of Jump(One Piece, Naruto, Toriko) or beat the Super Popular New Manga Assassination Classroom?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member K H Reborn's Avatar
    Country
    Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What if Fairy Tail is serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump, What do you think will happen in the weekly rankings?

First of all that is one long title
    Moving on ......
    My answer for your question is yes .FT is a really good manga with a lot of excitement in mostly every new chapter and there are so many twists that will keep people interested for a really long time, overall FT can beat TORIKO everyday I mean TORIKO is good but not better then FT.If we used the term *Big 3* which I think it’s stupid I’ll say that FT would probably be one of them.I also think that there could be some special chapters where’s FT can actually beat NARUTO and ONE PIECE and I’m talking about Acnologia and Zeref.
    Last edited by K H Reborn; September 21, 2012 at 08:26 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What if Fairy Tail is serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump, What do you think will happen in the weekly rankings?

Fairytail can overwhelm Bleach and Toriko, but cannot defeat One piece or Naruto. IMO

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Fairy Tail is a good manga and also has a lot of potential.
    That is the reason why I think that someday it will surpass Bleach and also Naruto, since in the last period the manga of Kishimoto seems to be disappointing.
    In my opinion Toriko is behind FT; It's a manga that I like, but I think that it hasn't still much popularity.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Saying it will defeat Naruto and One Piece?
    I don't know about you guys but I have been reading this manga 3-4 years ago when it was first available on One Manga lol and I imagined it would reach this level of popularity,
    But this manga is young. It JUST hit 300 chapters the other day. Naruto has 600+, wait a little more to compare them.

Since Bleach has dipped its way out of it, then yeah, it could make its way into the Big 3, but its not ready to overthrow Naruto or One Piece yet.

FT is epic and I love it, but Naruto's plot was amazing back in the day, if your somebody who has just suddenly started Naruto you may not understand what I'm talking about, but the Pein's Invasion arc and Sage Mode Naruto's epic entrance to Konoha was just all over the Western Manga fanworld.

Leaf 5 VS Sound 5, Jiraiya VS Pein, Sasuke VS Itachi,

FT haven't really taken over the manga scene like Naruto managed to pull off on several occasions.
    Give this manga a hundred more chapters and we can discuss it challenging Naruto.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Canceled Look what they did to Nurarihyon.

Probably during Edoras when the writing/planning hit a low point.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post
    We all know that Fairy Tail is the creme de la creme of Weekly Shonen Magazine but
    what if Fairy Tail is serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump, What do you think will happen in the weekly rankings?

Can Fairy Tail beat the Big Three of Jump(One Piece, Naruto, Toriko) or beat the Super Popular New Manga Assassination Classroom?
    First, the big three are One Piece, Naruto and Bleach, not Toriko.
    I haven't watch Toriko, and I understand that it's pretty popular, but it's NOT one of those manga that are referred as the big three.

But, to answer your question, if Fairy Tail would have been in Shonen Jump, I think we would be talking about the Big Four, instead of the Big Three.

I think that it has the potential to be as popular as One Piece and Naruto (it can easily be compared to them as a Nakama Shonen type of manga), but having it wouldn't change the fact that One Piece and Naruto would still be as popular.
    Same for Bleach, its fanbase wouldn't be affected by it.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; September 21, 2012 at 07:44 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I haven't watch Toriko, and I understand that it's pretty popular, but it's NOT one of those manga that are referred as the big three.
    Bleach is been long gone in the Big 3 in Jump maybe in other countries Bleach is still more popular but in rankings it had been low since the end of Aizen Arc and Toriko is consistently in top 1-5 in rankings like what Bleach is so I guess Toriko is one of the Big 3 already... But with the recent chapters I would like Bleach be back on top and make Naruto lose ^^

For the Topic One Piece and Naruto will still reign and Toriko and FT will probably go with each other frequently story/popularity wise trend One Piece=Toriko, Naruto=FT... With that FT will be consistently in the top 5 but only some chapters will it go to top 1-2

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Ikr, Bleach lost its Big 3 position in recent times. For us Western fans its hard to adapt to lol.
    But Bleach didnt land in Top 3 this time round. I can't remember what was third though, but the thread maker here says its Toriko so it's probably that.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member El Maco's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

As you may know, Mashima is going to Spain in november, I believe, for a signing session. He mentioned it a few months ago, but he just confirmed it. No exact date yet... He also said he'll just keep working during this trip and how important these overseas business trips are to him.

Any mangahelpers nearby?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

"What if Fairy Tail is serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump, What do you think will happen in the weekly rankings?"

Seriously, I think the editorial staff wouldn't have let in the magazine, because from their point-of-view and experience, they would have easily guessed the public resonance for it "being too similar to One Piece" from Mashima's drawing skill. (On the other hand, Jump rejected Shingeki no Kyojin.) But if they let it pass and get it's place in the magazine, it sure would have done fine. But no one can guess what would have happened as Jump has a reader based rating system which might have been resulted in Fairy Tail either being cancelled after 21-30 chapters up until diminishing One Piece's overwhelming success and kicking Bleach out of Jump at the same time. We can't know.

Nevermind, Fairy Tail is a typical and interesting manga in the Shonen Magazine. And it's doing fine where it is. Wouldn't want to have it anywhere else.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    "What if Fairy Tail is serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump, What do you think will happen in the weekly rankings?"

Seriously, I think the editorial staff wouldn't have let in the magazine, because from their point-of-view and experience, they would have easily guessed the public resonance for it "being too similar to One Piece" from Mashima's drawing skill. (On the other hand, Jump rejected Shingeki no Kyojin.) But if they let it pass and get it's place in the magazine, it sure would have done fine. But no one can guess what would have happened as Jump has a reader based rating system which might have been resulted in Fairy Tail either being cancelled after 21-30 chapters up until diminishing One Piece's overwhelming success and kicking Bleach out of Jump at the same time. We can't know.

Nevermind, Fairy Tail is a typical and interesting manga in the Shonen Magazine. And it's doing fine where it is. Wouldn't want to have it anywhere else.
    I disagree I think they will beg for Mashima just to draw it in Jump because FT is mainly their genre typical shounen with fanservice ^^ it will surely be a hit for teens and young adult like what FT is doing now on Shounen Magazine.

This is the first time I hear that SnK rejected by Jump I guess this is their loss ^^ but on the other hand I don't think SnK is fit for Jump or a weekly one because for me the quality of SnK will be greatly reduce if it runs on Jump rather than being on a monthly one

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member thefreak's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Guyz, Any guess what will be the Dragon's next move? What are they planning?
    I just want to crib here.. Whats wrong with the top 3 manga these days?
    Naruto is well; Going ok nowadays but fails to excite me.
    Bleach used to be fast paced but now its crawling.. seriously.
    and One Piece... Dont ask.. its a case of TLDR. Just wall of text after text.. I am reading it just for the heck of it.. Just cant leave the story unfinished. Come on Oda you can do better.

Fairy Tail rules these days.. cant wait for next chapters..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

mmm, when it comes to manga anime, I'm a noob really.

I've heard so many times about other mangas, and gave em all a shot, don't wanna say the names to respect other people view, some fans are sensitive :P

Anyway, I gave up on the 4-6th chapter for all of them, however Fairy Tail got me. believe it or not, its the only Manga-Anime I actually watch-read nothing else. I hope it never ends. for me its not top 1, its the only manga out there.

Drawing skills, character design, story wise...its simply perfect. I think in story wise its about to take a huge step. Looks like Mashima is finally gonna reveal about the Dragons, and who knows maybe about Layla in Anime.
    Dreyar Style

New Reply
Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast