Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1309

Thread: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

  1. #1186
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    If you're referring to re-Phantom Lord where Erza could scare Gray and Natsu into hugging, then yes, her beating him was a throwaway gag. The only serious match those two have had was interrupted.

    As for Freed beating Rustyrose. Yes, he did manage that. With the help of Biscklow and Elfman. Not bad, but it's not him singlehandedly taking out a powerful opponent like... say... Zancrow. Even if everyone hated the ending to that match, it was still Natsu taking someone down on his own, while Freed was coming in and sweeping up some of the leftover enemies once the fighting had been going on for a while. Freed's not weak, but he's not nearly as powerful as you're playing him up to be.

  2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #1187
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    No, not her scaring them. It's the match that was interrupted. It was continued in the next chapter with her losing the well to fight and decided to one-shot him.

    Didn't look like he needed any help for me. Also, aren't you ignoring that Rustyrose was torturing them th whole time the Tenou Tree fell ? Aren't you also ignoring that Natsu along with Lucy were losing to Kain Hikaru in a 2vs1 ? I'm not playing it up, I'm saying it exactly how it is. So far, we've seen that the ordinary Mages (Cana, Elfman, Juvia) can't even scratch him, while still putting up a decent fight and landing several blows against Mirajane.

    And even if by some miracle Natsu happens to be stronger. The same can't be said for Gajeel. He who was pitifully defeated by a goat and a chicken.

  4. #1188
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Are you ignoring that Natsu and Lucy beat Kain?

    Cana and Juvia fought in a setting where Freed had time to prepare, which is where he excels. I've said that before. Elfman had already been beaten up by Evergreen-as he tried to fight her without looking, and Erza oneshotting Natsu was a throwaway gag. All seriousness for the match ended when Erza was arrested. Mashima wrote a joke conclusion.

  5. #1189
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Come on, fried did not even vaguely hold his ground against mira.... He ended up basically screaming in desperation at the sheer volume of magic power mira has. Fried is powerful but I don't see what exactly would put him over gajeel. Would he put up a fight against gajeel? Definitely, be stronger? I doubt it... If anything I would argue that fried has at most shown the level natsu or gajeel had shown before the timeskip (no clue on how powerful he would be now though).

    Gajeel won against the goat and the chicken.... and nothing suggest that at least the goat was not a decent opponent and to boot those two did have decent teamwork and gajeel did have to cover for levy (though levy did save him too). It was only a convenient plot device that allowed for the guy with script magic to just so happen to be flawlessly able to entirely bypass gajeel's usual defenses though(he was able to cut through dragon scales like butter even though hardly anyone is usually able to do that).

  6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #1190
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Come on, fried did not even vaguely hold his ground against mira.... He ended up basically screaming in desperation at the sheer volume of magic power mira has. Fried is powerful but I don't see what exactly would put him over gajeel. Would he put up a fight against gajeel? Definitely, be stronger? I doubt it... If anything I would argue that fried has at most shown the level natsu or gajeel had shown before the timeskip (no clue on how powerful he would be now though).

    Gajeel won against the goat and the chicken.... and nothing suggest that at least the goat was not a decent opponent and to boot those two did have decent teamwork and gajeel did have to cover for levy (though levy did save him too). It was only a convenient plot device that allowed for the guy with script magic to just so happen to be flawlessly able to entirely bypass gajeel's usual defenses though(he was able to cut through dragon scales like butter even though hardly anyone is usually able to do that).
    He managed to land several blows before being overwhelmed, better than being helplessly one-shotted. Then what is it that you see that would put Gajeel above him ? What did Gajeel show before the timeskip ? Shown the same level as Natsu, true, since Natsu is the main character. But what did Gajeel do to get lumped with those two ? His helpless defeat against Natsu in full-power ? His struggle to draw against a cat ? A cat who was worthless against the Seven Kins ?

    He won, you say ? He didn't look like the one standing to me. If Erza didn't arrive there, the goat dude could've killed him 10 times over. And even if he won, doesn't change that he was left in a miserable state against two dudes who acknowledged themselves as far inferior to the Seven Kins.

    Please, instead of continuously trying to counter each of my arguments. Tell me what is it that you see about Gajeel to put him in the same tier as Freed.

    ---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    Are you ignoring that Natsu and Lucy beat Kain?

    Cana and Juvia fought in a setting where Freed had time to prepare, which is where he excels. I've said that before. Elfman had already been beaten up by Evergreen-as he tried to fight her without looking, and Erza oneshotting Natsu was a throwaway gag. All seriousness for the match ended when Erza was arrested. Mashima wrote a joke conclusion.
    Whenever did I show you that I ignored that ?

    People, just because it came in a comedic manner, doesn't mean it's a joke. Everyone was shocked at how easily she defeated him, and then Laxus came in to laugh at how weak Natsu is for losing to Erza like that. Do you think if it was meant as a joke then they would take it that seriously ?

  8. #1191
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Whenever did I show you that I ignored that ?
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Aren't you also ignoring that Natsu along with Lucy were losing to Kain Hikaru in a 2vs1 ?
    Or is the fact that Lucy, who next to no one would argue is at the top of the guild, and Natsu, who was already worn from a match and a half, had to put some effort into a match enough to completely trump the fact that they did pull off a win?

    If Erza being able to oneshot Natsu was meant to be taken seriously, then there serious match wouldn't have shown them both trying there all and trading blows. Massive reaction from the characters over anything that happens in Fairy Tail is also often used for comic effect, so your not doing much to convince me that her beating Natsu was anything more than a quick laugh. Not to say Erza couldn't normally beat Natsu, but in a serious fight it wouldn't be over nearly as fast/ Especially now.

    Although really, this whole argument seems a bit moot, considering that Erza and Natsu have both shown off since the timeskip and for all we know Freed could have spent his training time making Laxus sandwiches. Gajeel and Natsu have both pulled of dual element too, which Mashima doesn't hesitate to showcase as intensly powerful. Even if it turns out that Gajeel didn't keep the power up he still had the power to pull it off. Don't forget that.

  9. #1192
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Come on, fried did not even vaguely hold his ground against mira.... He ended up basically screaming in desperation at the sheer volume of magic power mira has. Fried is powerful but I don't see what exactly would put him over gajeel. Would he put up a fight against gajeel? Definitely, be stronger? I doubt it... If anything I would argue that fried has at most shown the level natsu or gajeel had shown before the timeskip (no clue on how powerful he would be now though).
    He did do fairly well in the physical battle after he turned himself into a demon as well. But that speaks more to the fact that Mirajane spent a year as an S-Class wizard, stopped improving when she was 17, and doesn't quite measure up to Laxus, Erza, and Mystogan. She's catching back up, but being too low on magic to fight effectively after using Satan Soul against Elfman only to be KOed by a sucker punch speaks volumes about how far behind the other S-Class wizards she was.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    He managed to land several blows before being overwhelmed, better than being helplessly one-shotted. Then what is it that you see that would put Gajeel above him ? What did Gajeel show before the timeskip ? Shown the same level as Natsu, true, since Natsu is the main character. But what did Gajeel do to get lumped with those two ? His helpless defeat against Natsu in full-power ? His struggle to draw against a cat ? A cat who was worthless against the Seven Kins ?
    Pantherlily was worthless against the Seven Kin? He lasted as long against Azuma as Mirajane did. He did that as a swordsman without a sword. When he was defeated, he was defeated by Azuma's Tower Burst, which appears to be Azuma's best attack out of his own resources. Mirajane went down to some random time bomb Azuma set. Furthermore, calling Gajeel's battle with Pantherlily a "struggle to draw" is rather a stretch. Gajeel handily shattered Pantherlily's sword, then doesn't seem to have bothered to use any powerful techniques afterward. Even so he fought without any real problems until the time came to deal with the whole one floating island about to smash into another.

    Quote Quote:
    He won, you say ? He didn't look like the one standing to me. If Erza didn't arrive there, the goat dude could've killed him 10 times over. And even if he won, doesn't change that he was left in a miserable state against two dudes who acknowledged themselves as far inferior to the Seven Kins.
    He was still counted in series as having won. That the dog member was not in shape to get up and continue things. As for the two of them being inferior to the Seven Kin, people seem to have drawn the wrong conclusion from that. It doesn't mean that they're really, really weak. Other than Erza, all the members of Fairy Tail that fought the Seven Kin were "far inferior" to the kin other then Meredy. So Yomazu and Kawazu are probably around the same level as Natsu, Gajeel, Gray, Elfman, etc. And Gajeel beat both of them.

    Quote Quote:
    People, just because it came in a comedic manner, doesn't mean it's a joke. Everyone was shocked at how easily she defeated him, and then Laxus came in to laugh at how weak Natsu is for losing to Erza like that. Do you think if it was meant as a joke then they would take it that seriously ?
    It is a joke. It's a running joke in the series that every time Natsu is running around yelling "Fight me!" at a stronger member he gets one shot. It's utterly meaningless as evidenced by the Festival Arc. Laxus defeats Natsu in one casual blow at the start of the arc. Natsu dusts himself off unharmed a short while later, goes on to fight Laxus again. This time while Laxus is taking it casual, Natsu is an even match for him. When Laxus gets serious and enraged and stops holding back, he still can't put Natsu down for the count with one hit. Even when Laxus pulls out his trump cards and catches a surprised Natsu with a Lightning Dragon's Roar, it's not enough to KO him at all, when the casual blow at the bar had Natsu out for a few minutes. Erza casually defeating Natsu in one hit falls into the same category as that one casual blow Laxus just couldn't replicate when it was time for an actual battle.

  10. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #1193
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Well, most of the seven kin did show an exceptional level of magic, some even more than natsu and co. Zancrow was defeated because natsu reached a higher flame, his natural flames would not have done the job at all and only made zancrow stronger. Meredy was never properly defeated and was even able to hurt jubia very casually. Azuma was at least on the level with mira and erza. Rustyrose was defeated by multiple fairies. Zoldeo vanished because of the irresponsible way he used his magic. He was not defeated per say. He did at a point fight multiple mages thanks to his magic. Ultear fought natsu and then grey and even when a hit was landed against her it was because the ocean got her all high with illusions of the past. Fairy tail did not quite show overwhelming superiority against the seven kin, in most cases they were outnumbered (kain, rustyrose), lost because of random powerups (zancrow), were not defeated in battle per say (zoldeo, meredi), luck (urtear) or just.... whatever happened to azuma. Grimmoire heart was damn strong to begin with, yozu and komazu were not actually weak.

    Against mira fried only pushed back mira once and he did not even land a proper hit. If anything pushing her to the water sealed his overwhelming and painfully one sided defeat. Fried was simply not a match here. What he did there is not enough to suggest he would be stronger than anyone in particular.

  12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #1194
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Chad
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Erza or Eruza or Elsa?

    Hi guys, how to spell Erza's first name?

    I know most of us know Erza, but why in wiki, they put "Eruza Sukāretto"? Also, spanish version refer her as "Elsa".
    So confusing, I wonder if it is like this:

    English: Erza
    Japanese: Eruza
    Spanish: Elsa

    Since manga is from Japan, would it be more accurate to use "Eruza"?
    Last edited by davidvoyage; April 18, 2013 at 07:49 PM.

  14. #1195
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Erza or Eruza or Elsa?

    It'll be most correct to used the official romanization that the author used, I think. I think it might be on Erza's tombstone in the chapter that she "died" in Tower of Heaven. I'm not too sure on that, though.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  15. #1196
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Erza or Eruza or Elsa?

    It's Erza. "Eruza Sukāretto" is merely how the Japanese would pronounce Erza Scarlet. Elsa is an alternative translation that's technically valid, but is incorrect in this case as Erza is the official translation.

  16. #1197
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Well, the issue here is that mashima was going for "Elsa" a common name in spanish but in turn Japanese does not have the luxury of an "L" sound. Eruza is simply they closest you can get to elsa in Japanese.

  17. #1198
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, the issue here is that mashima was going for "Elsa" a common name in spanish but in turn Japanese does not have the luxury of an "L" sound. Eruza is simply they closest you can get to elsa in Japanese.
    Uh, no, Erza was named after a character from one of his one shots named Eru. Erza's the official translation, and though he sometimes have trouble with consistence when writing it in English in the manga (Erza, Elza, and Elsa having all appeared at times) the first time it was written in English in the series was Erza.

  18. #1199
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    The tomb scene looks like it has an l rather than an r (its not 100% clear). I don't know about the anime though.

  19. #1200
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    The tomb scene looks like it has an l rather than an r (its not 100% clear). I don't know about the anime though.
    Yeah, he's not very good at being consistent with Ls and Rs. Still, Erza's the official translation, and has been used more, even if he's used something else in some prominent locations.

New Reply
Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts