Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1295

Thread: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
    Guyz, Any guess what will be the Dragon's next move? What are they planning?
    they want to kill acnologia thats why igneel and rest of the dragons thought DS to begin with.

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

if u want interesting thing right off the bat try death note anime. and in terms of art and character design earlier chapters of FT does looked very similar with one piece. Mashima probably tweaked it cuz ppl r saying he is copying oda.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joshua019 View Post
    in terms of art and character design earlier chapters of FT does looked very similar with one piece
    It's not like he had another long running series predating FT, something like Rave Master. Mashima made them all rounder, but so do 50+% of the other mangaka too when they develop their drawing style.
    Firm but Fair

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member El Maco's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're interested, Mashima has been posting sketches for his next work. This one shows a boy in a Turkish dress. He keeps reassuring everyone that FairyTail isn't finished yet, but I think FT has entered the final stage now, maybe a year at most?

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, final stages already? I guess the manga has finally begun to deal with a number of plot points and lucy is indeed 2 steps away from collecting all the keys... A year is just about enough for 3 more arcs or so though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Wow, final stages already? I guess the manga has finally begun to deal with a number of plot points and lucy is indeed 2 steps away from collecting all the keys... A year is just about enough for 3 more arcs or so though.
    1 year=53 weeks=53 chapters=3 arcs? Really?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

*52 weeks, and there are some weeks with no chapter. I would say we get around ~47 chapters a year.
    and isn't one arc about ~50 chapters?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope, he doesn't start a new manga this soon. (Or - he CAN start a new manga, but continues with Fairy Tail!)
    Now that he has built up such a big fanbase, earned a lot of money (I think so?), the first film was produced - he wants to put the manga to an end? That wouldn't be clever. xD I hope he see that this way too.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    *52 weeks,
    Depends.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aranilas View Post
    I really hope, he doesn't start a new manga this soon. (Or - he CAN start a new manga, but continues with Fairy Tail!)
    Now that he has built up such a big fanbase, earned a lot of money (I think so?), the first film was produced - he wants to put the manga to an end? That wouldn't be clever. xD I hope he see that this way too.
    yeah but when he can't carry on the plot, the story will be fucked up.
    and I for myself would better have a "short" but awesome story of ft instead of a "long" boring/senseless/dragging on story of ft.
    I won't point at specific mangas, where a shorter story line would be better

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he's done a few monthly series while working on Fairy Tail before, so it's possible he's planning for something like that. He could also be ending the series, but someone already said that with it getting a movie recently and seeing some pretty good success that's not likely. Kodansha has some say in what happens with the series and if it's bringing in money they're going to say they want him to keep at it. As for what's going on in the manga right now... I could see it ending in an arc or two or going on a lot longer. As long as Mashima keeps coming up with good ideas there's no problem with the series lasting a long time. If it ends in the next year or so... well, I'll be sad, but I loved everything he did before Fairy Tail and I'm sure I'll love whatever comes after too.

(I'll just have to keep telling myself that)

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I stopped watching the Anime, after Seeking to the clock Arc ended, I'm gonna wait till there will be like 10-11 episodes before I watch again, so far 2 :P

I did however listen to the new opening, and wow it sucks :P

I still think the first one when the anime started is still the top.
    Dreyar Style

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member El Maco's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

SerpentTailedAngel, you made some good points to consider.

I was exaggerating a bit when I suggested FT may last for only a year or so. It's obviously an important product for Kodansha. The reason I posted this is because, if Mashima already has detailed character sketches and Kodansha has given him permission to publish these on this Twitter account (mostly marketing), then I suspect there's already a storyboard and they're trying to generate enthousiasm for his new work.

He has already made a number of reassurances that FT is not over yet, but that could mean anything: anime spinoff, movies, assistants taking over with him as executive editor or something.

If we assume at least two more arcs (going back in time and witness the origin of DS magic + creation of Fairy Tail guild and wrapping it all up), that's at least 100 chapters. So yeah, two years, my mistake. Keep in mind he's been doing this since 2006 and he strikes me as the impulsive type who always wants to do new stuff (his drawing speed is legendary and that may reflect in his story speed, Kodansha must have their hands full with him).

As you suggest, maybe it's just a quicky to satisfy his other creative needs.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

FairyTail Branded Dark Guild

Okay , Suck on your words Natsu, By Going against The kingdom means you can't support your Guild Financially Anymore, Plus I'm sure The world Will you put In wanted Dead Or alive, And Plus All the Deeds you owe to the other Guilds for the past years will go down the drain...... I guess This is Where the Fated Day comes in and Everyone Dies? Hmmmmmm I'm not interested in the new Troll chapter,.... I better come for Next Week,

Going up against the Kindgom, Zeref Presense, Hooded Girl, Tataros's Secret Appearence, Eclipse Plan, Hisui Fiore and The Story of Ancologia................ I really sense a Downhill for Fairytail.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you think is the best selling point of Fairy Tail?

1. The Setting/The World/The Theme
    A world where magic is the main source of power, and it can even be bought or sold. The age seems to be mixed between classic and modern.
    Just a twist of a regular fantasy rpg world, used in many manga, and not really unique for me.

2. The Story/The Plot
    A team of mage going to mission when somehow they got involved in bigger action including personal problem or guild war. But there are no really main goal like "pirate king" or "hokage", so the story usually going nowhere. Although lately there is a bit foreshadowing of main villain like Zeref and Acnologia, too many minor plot making the story still seems really slow

3. The Characters
    Most characters in the beginning are unique and a bit too unreal (building-destroyer, stripper, etc) and people likes to see them. But because of this unique persona, it's hard to change them and some become weird if they got too much changes so mashima mostly makes them just the same from the beginning until now, and most old readers find them become a bit boring. Most new characters usually are not as unique as the beginning and some feels just an upgraded copy of them.

4. The Fighting/The Action
    Most characters have their own unique style, but most of their moves feel repetitive after a while since they look basically the same. And some power-up becoming ridiculous because mashima seems to running out of ideas (eating lightning, hey). And he seems to be lazy to make chapters when they training and get straight to the main plot, so readers mostly think Natsu from before is still the same in the after.
    Some battles can get heat and emotional, while some becoming comedy and TROLLING. Even serious battle feels like trolling because mashima repeating the same pattern

5. The Comedy
    Many comedy makes FT feels lighter compared to other shonen manga and enjoyable. But too much comedy without dark side makes it sometimes boring and too predictable

6. The Drama/Tragedy
    Some of characters flashback is a "bit" tragic, but when it ends it's just happily ever after with their guild. The guild sometimes get sad moment, but the way they "overcome anything with friendship" also becoming more ridiculous...

7. The Fanservice
    okay, i found this manga got more fanservice compared to other usual shonen manga. Most of the girl are young, cute and big boobs (and i'm getting bored of it). And mashima sometimes inserted comedic fanservice inside serious fight.
    Heck, even most of new chapters lately are fanservice.

8. Others.. (explain)

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think is the best selling point of Fairy Tail?

Just admit you want to whine about FT. In every point you mentioned you say it's ridicoulous, bad, boring, blah blah blah. What is good in FT is FT itself, overally.

New Reply
Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast