Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1308

Thread: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Heriko's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think is the best selling point of Fairy Tail?

the badassness!

Edit:
    the Action, Comedy, Fan Service, Characters, Setting. almost everything
    The fire's shadow illuminates the village.
    - Yondaime Hokage Namikaze Minato -

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.
    - Hatake Kakashi -

Don't cry, Sasuke. Your big brother is here to protect you, no matter what happens.
    - Uchiha Itachi -

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay FT has really a lot of Fan Service, but the manga is not all that (and do we really have a problem with that?).
    Anyway I like the settings of this manga, their magical aura and how they're drawn.
    About the characters (excluding the fodders), they are all pretty awesome and I like all of them.
    I think I said what needed to be said.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vansonbee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like everything, except slow character development.

Characters (less of Natsu) in this series, what draws me in and fan service (surprisingly).

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Um... the ones that sold me were...

Comedy: Pretty much no matter what, Mashima makes me laugh. I don't think there's any series, in any medium, that I enjoy the humor in more

Fight Length: I do like to watch fights, but I start to get bored when it's five or more chapters of constant one-upping with no serious plot or character development. Aside from the final battle of the arc, which can be an allowance and usually does have some sort of development, the fights in Fairy Tail never drag on.

Characters: The only ones I don't like are the ones he doesn't want you to like, and I've never loved so many characters from one series before.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

Where is the thread for the next chapter, the 312????
    I can't see it anymore.

Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When something like this happens... always make sure to check the announcements post close to the top of the page.

Read here: Server Crashed

If it is not up sometime today... I will have to create new threads.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ShoobyDooBop's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do I read this?

[
    Spoiler show

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there. I just want to invite you to the Collective Reading of Classic Manga Project. We are voting now to select one of these classic comics to be read with all who wants to participate.

20th Century Boys, Akumetsu, Ares, Beck, Eden it's an endless world, GTO, Hellsing, Holyland, Homunculus, Hoshi no Samidare, Houshin Engi, Kokou no Hito, Konjiki no Gash!!, Nausicäa, Parasyte , Planetes, Pluto, Sanctuary, Shigurui , Shin Angyo Onshi , Slam Dunk, Superior/Superior Cross, Touch, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

If you would want to read one of them, you can join us in this project. To know the details, you just have to click the link on my signature.

(Re)reading classic literature is part of our current education and life on society. Why not (re)reading classic comics?

MH's Cutest Bunny 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Easter Bunny's Avatar
    Country
    Christmas Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Member Zone Easter Is Coming...

Hello dear members of MH, a quick post to invite you take part in the Easter Egg Hunt:

Click on the image or follow this link to sign up. Hope to see you there~

EB

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I have been wondering if FT was actually too weak to participate in the games with the strength they had before the timeskip. Granted a couple of them did benefit enough to actually be relevant fighters however it does not seem as if FT was actually weaker than any of the guilds from the future. I mean, gazille and natsu were overwhelmingly stronger than sting and rogue. But wasn't the level they showed during their first fight with them roughly the same natsu and gajeel had before the timeskip safe for dragon force?

Erza was able to defeat the 100 monsters without second origin apparently and seemed to be a match if not stronger than minerva and kagura even without second origin too.

Laxus defeated jura who was gildarts equal however even before the timeskip it was not difficult to imagine laxus at least holding his ground against gildarts.

Grey has always been just beneath standard natsu for the most part.

Jubia did get trolled IMO, even with second origin she seemed to have trouble with shelia even though she tied with wendy who could not even fight before second origin.

I get the impression at a large scale panicked over nothing. Even if they would have lost without second origin and 3 months worth of training it doesn't mean their standing would have been bad. Even then, I have a hard time imagining a team with laxus, erza, mira, natsu and gajeel losing here.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with most of that, but Mashima may have done so that he could skip a power-up arc/part before this next big event.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, most of the competition were either people who were way below them in terms of strength pre timeskip (Blue Pegasus) or people who were their age post timeskip (Sabertooth) So everyone would either have been like... say... Max, and been weaker before spending those seven years getting to about the core cast's previous level, or they would have been like Sting and Rogue, and been kids who grew up and reached about that level (or slightly higher) over the course of the timeskip. Jura's the only outlier I can think of to that, and he lost to plot armor more than anything else.

Basically, I think they still could have placed without it. I don't think 3 months of training, no matter how intense, or an extra supply of magic energy but no increase to technique are really enough to make up for a whole seven years. But they might not have won. They did need Lucy to be able to spam summoning.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

We will soon be launching Bleach Tournament - Second Edition. We are looking forward for your participation. Here is the LINK to check out whats happening in Bleachverse

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally getting around to responding to this:

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    To be honest I have been wondering if FT was actually too weak to participate in the games with the strength they had before the timeskip.
    Stop and consider how things would have gone had no one from Fairy Tail improved before the games. Lucy's spirits improve with her, and Flare was easily able to handle her spirits 1v1 other than Cancer. Remove Lucy's ability to dual summon spirits, and weaken them, and Flare stomps Lucy. Elfman would be unable to defeat Bacchus. Cana would not have been able to use Fairy Glitter to the level she did, leaving her scoring lower. Laxus would have been much harder pressed to deal with Raven Tail, if he could defeat them at all. Wendy would have lost to Chelia. Lucy likely would have been thrown out of the water by Juvia, who would have then lost to Minerva. Natsu and Gajeel would have lost to dragon force Sting and Rogue, possibly even just to Drive Sting and Rogue. On the last day, Gray would have had a much more difficult time defeating Rufus, leaving him in no shape to face Leon, so Juvia and Gray would have lost to Chelia and Leon. Laxus would have a harder time against Orga, which would be fairly irrelevant as they'd both get defeated by Jura. Gajeel would likely again lose to Rogue, without Rogue even being possessed, unless Gajeel managed to eat Rogue's shadow at that time and gain enough of a surprise advantage to win. Erza would still beat Kagura just the same, but would be stuck facing a fresh Minerva with limited mobility, and no quick way to end the fight quickly with overwhelming power. She'd still have good odds of winning, but she'd be in no shape to take on Jura, Leon, Chelia, Sting, and possibly Rogue.

The bottom line is that even with their power increase just prior to the tournament. Fairy Tail had a lot of close matches, and matches that hinged a lot more on their power increase than some people care to admit. Without it, they could probably still manage 3rd or 4th place, but they'd take a lot more damage on their way there.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I did point out at the end that I was talking about a team made out of laxus, erza, mira, natsu and gajeel which would basically be the strongest possible team so far. Even then, with their new power boosts it did seem like they just went in for the overkill.

Erza defeated kagura without second origin. In all likelihood she would have been stronger than minerva without it had it not been for the wounds she had already taken.

Laxus had a remarkably easy victory over RT. Who is to say pre time skip laxus wouldn't have been able to do the same? He was already a monster superior to erza and was the one most capable of putting up a fight against hades. Heck, it was the magic power he gave natsu (along with the combination of elements) that gave natsu the boost to actually harm him.

It really does not seem like rogue and sting were that much different from pre time skip natsu and gajeel (which makes sense because they are the same age). DF would have been an issue as that basically kicks their power up a notch but their basic strengths were not that different.

Mira did not get second origin but she is supposed to be about as strong as erza meaning that she should hold her ground pretty well in the tournament.

Lucy, wendy would definitely not have worked in the tournament regularly but FT had a luxury which no other team in the tournament had. FT actually was able to have 2 perfectly competitive teams in the tournament, the rest of the guilds had 1 or barely one. Seriously, the only difference between the boost and not having it as far as FT was concerned would have been that instead of 2 competitive teams they would have had only 1.

Now, how much trolling would FT have been subjected to in the same circumstances if FT goes to the tournament with only 1 team concentrating all their strong members? For starters grey would not have been there.... Natsu, gajeel and laxus would have been ideal for the first game considering their sense of smell (unless magic replicated). Laxus is a decent bit smarter and more powerful than either of them for that matter. They don't even have to win, they just have to do better than what they did with grey in the end. At least mira, erza and laxus should have been able to do better IMO.

Which one in FT would not give flare the fodder treatment? She wasn't even a proper match for current lucy IMO, what would she do against natsu's fire, gajeel's swords, laxus's speed, erza or mira? Easy victory overall.

The fight with jura would have probably been lost in basically any scenario though.

The chariot event is trouble for all DS so this would have been bad for anyone... mirajane or erza in turn would be ideal for this with their armors and transformations though. Just some common sense from the name and they would have avoided this. It is worth noting that gajeel got trolled here as he just happened to develop movement sickness during the game.

Bachus would have been a tough opponent and who gets chosen would be random however I would argue that FT wins 3 out of 5 times which is not bad. Jenny would be worthless against just about anyone. Pandemonium is an even in which they all should be able to do respectably well. erza participated in the tournament without using second origin for the most part. I don't see how FT could not do well here.

I think laxus vs alexie is a battle which he would have won even before the timeskip. I don't think any of the others would really hold up a candle to him considering how easily he won.

Shelia would be a relatively easy opponent for the rest of the gang IMO.

FT did do pretty well during the naval battle thing and they only sent lucy.... Send in their top 3 fighters and they would have been in just about as good a position if not better though.

Natsu and gajeel would have probably lost against DF, I will give you that.

The last event would be average in the end IMO. Jura would have made the difference here. Still, we are talking about laxus, erza, mira, natsu and gajeel so they should have no problem getting points. Current grey actually took out the trimen on his own, how much of a threat can they be? The quatro cerberus guys were not tough except for bachus....

Even assuming they do not send the strongest possible team there is no particular reason for them to not get at least average results IMO. Now, none of that actually even considers gildarts as part of the strength of the guild for that matter. Jura is at most as strong as gildarts.... In a completely ideal scenario the best plausible team FT could come up with before the timeskip would be gildarts, laxus, erza, mira and natsu. How can that team loose? Heck, even without them you have a bunch of powerful mages while on the other hand anyone outside of the top 5 in sabertooth was basically worthless.
    Last edited by kkck; April 09, 2013 at 05:50 PM.

New Reply
Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast