Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1309

Thread: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

  1. #1216
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    Kain vs Natsu and Lucy, actually. And if no one had been there to save Natsu he still wouldn't have died. Think about how many times-in any shounen-an enemy will hit the hero with there best spell, say something to the effect of "I'm amazed you're even in one piece," then stare in shock as the hero gets back up. I think Natsu had gone through that twice already by the time he fought Laxus. I know he at least had that exchange with Jellal.
    What of that fight ?
    No, he would've died. That's exactly why there was someone to save him. Even Gajeel said that he would've died, would you all quite it already ?

    Quote Quote:
    Freed did not put up a decent fight. He got kicked around, held his ground for a page after activating his forbidden last resort technique, landed one hit, then got KO'd, and if you're a character in a fighting shounen series and your forbidden last resort technique can't even hold out five pages, there is something wrong with you. Then after that he trembled in fear. You can go and give that chapter another look over if you've forgotten those details. Since, you know, it's only one chapter. And it's treated seriously by the story too, unlike the running gag oneshots that you've been falling back on. [One serious chapter] > [Played for laughs oneshot] in terms of measuring out power difference.
    For more than one page ? First off, it was three pages. Second, the entirety of the fight lasted 7-8 pages. There wasn't enough time for him to get kicked around. And besting her in hand to hand means that he put up a decent fight.

    One shot running gag you say ? Here they admire how strong Erza is while acknowledging the fight as legit. Once again mocking Natsu for his defeat and acknowledging the fight as legit. Not to mention that the whole chapter was dedicated to show how vastly superior the S-class mages to Natsu. Bring me one proof from the manga that this is a gag. I don't want your opinion, I really don't.

  2. #1217
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Yeah, he really looks beaten down, and there's absolutely no one laughing at that to indicate that, hey, you should be to.

    And no, here's how it goes:
    Page 1: Mira kicks him mid air.
    Page 2: He narrowly avoids colliding with the ground and decides to activate his forbidden technique.
    Page 3: He activates the technique.
    Page 4: They exchange blows until he grabs her tail.
    Page 5: He throws her by her tail into the water.
    Page 6: Mira gathers the water while he watches in shock.
    Page 7: She beats him up with water.
    Page 8: He fails to recover as she readies another attack.
    Page 9/10: She annihilates him with water.
    Page 11: He falls to the ground, clearly defeated.
    Page 12: He squeaks and trembles in fear.

    And again, if your forbidden last resort technique isn't good for five pages, there is something wrong with you. If you need to fall back on it in your first big match too, there's something doubly wrong with you. Freed's specialty is setting traps, not spontaneously fighting. Even if he can do both, he's far from the best at the latter.

  3. #1218
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    The first 3 pages can't be considered part of the fight at all. At page 10 the battle ended.

  4. #1219
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    He doesn't triumph simply because Mira doesn't look like she take ANY damage from being blown away at all. It's like saying "Hey, I deal 1 damage to a boss with 1000000000000000000 HP, I must be awesome!". Mira doesn't have any injury or anything of that sort from Fried attack. His attack is worthless. And you still fail to address how Fried is shown to be nearly as strong as people that's in the contest. He doesn't show enough gap of "common mage in the weakest guild in Fiore to top 5 members of the strongest guild" Fried doesn't show that he's that much stronger than Natsu.

    ---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Laxus claimed that the attack would of blown him up. Gajeel seconded this statement saying that Natsu would've died and Laxus is just laughing at his death. This is an unarguable manga facts. Saying that he would've survived isn't simply an assumption but also arguing against a direct manga fact.
    Why does it matter what Gajeel and Laxus think would happen? They aren't Natsu. A lot of people are thinking Erza is crazy and probably going to died when she fight 100 demon, does it happen? No. Gajeel and Laxus just assume that the attack can kill Natsu.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Like he was wuss against Zancrow ? Anyway, I proved you wrong up there, and that he would've died. Wuss or not wouldn't matter when you're dead.
    It's fine to be a wuss if he can get up and win, don't you think? Fried sucks so much in comparison and clearly lost his will to fight. So it matter.


    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    So says you. But Mira did put just as good of a fight against Azuma as Erza did. And both have lost. It's just Mira didn't have a Tree of friendship bringing her back up an powering her to infinity. And she had her sister to worry about.
    Erza win, Mira lost. Azuma is using stronger tech to bring down Erza. Who cares about Tree of Friendship. That's because Azuma decide to more stupid than a brick and used Fairy Tail Tree magic power to hurt a Fairy Tail members. Hey, I thought this is the manga of feelings. Doesn't having a sister to worry about raise up her magic power?

    [QUOTE=KingOfNight;3395387]I don't care what people in this forum think. Fight starts, they go Hand-to-Hand = Freed triumph. Mira uses the surrounding to her advantage and strike with her strongest attack (in that form at least) = she wins. I never said he fought evenly, he put up a decent fight proving by him overwhelming her in the hand to hand combat.

    Fight start, Fried used an attack, it deals tiny damage that doesn't matter. Mira than proceeds and beat him like a joke. Why is it a decent fight that he can beat her in hand combat? There's no real page that shows that's her specialty at all. Any DS shows a better hand to hand combat skill than Jura, they would put up a decent fight 10 wizard saints? And so forth.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    She didn't use other than this Satan soul against Azuma. So you're either contradicting yourself (with her being stronger than Erza in her strongest form) or you're trying to deceive me.
    That's her own stupid decision. And why would she be stronger than Erza when she losts and Erza win even without using the strongest armor that we saw she have now? Not to mention the second origin upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Yeah, you have a point. Too bad the Manga stated she won, regardless of who took the points. That's not an assumption.
    So Gray beat Urtear when she got all teary and lost her will to fight, is that a victory as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Don't compare an emotion powered Natsu to a normal Erza or Freed. We've seen we're Natsu stands without the emotions and friendship (and Eitherion as well as the flames of rebuke.) And where does he stand ? Getting one shotted by all S-class mages, outclassed by Cobra (while Erza easily defeated someone much stronger than Cobra), outclassed by Racer (who Gray put up a better fight against) as well as being easily defeated by Zancrow and Ultear. Using Natsu after he was powered by emotions doesn't sit well in these kind of arguments.
    Why should we just ban it? It's the thing that he had at his disposal. If Fried can't be good enough to use his emotion that way, that's just Fried being weak.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Nope. Manga states it's a real fight. Can you bring me a page saying it's a comedic fight ? I would love that. Especially with me having several pages pointing it's a real fight. And no, I'm not assuming that. Since both Gajeel and Laxus stated so, it's a fact.
    It's a comedic fight because it's supposed to be a gag meant by the author. If you don't see that, I have no way of convincing you. It doesn't look like you read enough manga to know about it. We also see people comments on how scary Nami is when beat up monster trio. Does it matter? They can all just kick her butt. Those words doesn't prove that it's a real fight at all.
    Last edited by -Ken-; April 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  5. #1220
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    He doesn't triumph simply because Mira doesn't look like she take ANY damage from being blown away at all. It's like saying "Hey, I deal 1 damage to a boss with 1000000000000000000 HP, I must be awesome!". Mira doesn't have any injury or anything of that sort from Fried attack. His attack is worthless. And you still fail to address how Fried is shown to be nearly as strong as people that's in the contest. He doesn't show enough gap of "common mage in the weakest guild in Fiore to top 5 members of the strongest guild" Fried doesn't show that he's that much stronger than Natsu.
    How it looks to you doesn't matter to me. He bested her in hand to hand and that's that. How is he stronger than the people in this contest ? Since we haven't seen him fight, we can't know. Can you prove to me that he can't one-shot all the people in this contest ?

    Quote Quote:
    Why does it matter what Gajeel and Laxus think would happen? They aren't Natsu. A lot of people are thinking Erza is crazy and probably going to died when she fight 100 demon, does it happen? No. Gajeel and Laxus just assume that the attack can kill Natsu.
    It matters more than what you think. No one said that Erza was gonna die. How about you quit the meaningless tries ? It's a manga fact no matter what you say. As if your opinion is more factual than what two characters confirmed.

    Quote Quote:
    It's fine to be a wuss if he can get up and win, don't you think? Fried sucks so much in comparison and clearly lost his will to fight. So it matter.
    Like when Natsu started shaking and crying against Gildarts and remained silent in shame for a whole day ?

    Quote Quote:
    Erza win, Mira lost. Azuma is using stronger tech to bring down Erza. Who cares about Tree of Friendship. That's because Azuma decide to more stupid than a brick and used Fairy Tail Tree magic power to hurt a Fairy Tail members. Hey, I thought this is the manga of feelings. Doesn't having a sister to worry about raise up her magic power?
    Erza lost. Mira lost. Azuma was stronger than both. Who cares ? Azuma does. Having a sister to worry about raises your MP ? Not when you have to take blows instead of that sister.

    Quote Quote:
    Fight start, Fried used an attack, it deals tiny damage that doesn't matter. Mira than proceeds and beat him like a joke. Why is it a decent fight that he can beat her in hand combat? There's no real page that shows that's her specialty at all. Any DS shows a better hand to hand combat skill than Jura, they would put up a decent fight 10 wizard saints? And so forth.
    I don't care how much damaged he dealt. I really don't. It makes a decent fight because he didn't get one-shotted. No DS have shown the hand to hand prowess that Jura shown.


    Quote Quote:
    That's her own stupid decision. And why would she be stronger than Erza when she losts and Erza win even without using the strongest armor that we saw she have now? Not to mention the second origin upgrade
    If she could put up a fight against Azuma (while protecting her sister) as good as Erza did. Then in her strongest Satan Soul she should be stronger. She couldn't use that armor then. Don't even try to use that as testament of her strength. Erza also lost.


    Quote Quote:
    So Gray beat Urtear when she got all teary and lost her will to fight, is that a victory as well?
    Nothing to do with what I said. By the time she got all teary, Erza was already acknowledged as the winner.

    Quote Quote:
    Why should we just ban it? It's the thing that he had at his disposal. If Fried can't be good enough to use his emotion that way, that's just Fried being weak.
    It's not at his disposal, it's an outside power source. And we should ban it because it's not his power. So Jura, Gildarts, Laxus, Jellal, Hades, Everyone in the world (beside Erza and Natsu) are all just being weak ? Not flying.

    Quote Quote:
    It's a comedic fight because it's supposed to be a gag meant by the author. If you don't see that, I have no way of convincing you. It doesn't look like you read enough manga to know about it. We also see people comments on how scary Nami is when beat up monster trio. Does it matter? They can all just kick her butt. Those words doesn't prove that it's a real fight at all.
    A comedic beat down is like this. Not even the next page, in the next panel no one cared about what happens. When Nami beat the Monster Trio, no one cares. But when he challenged her, got beat and then have the whole chapter just dedicated to show how weak he's before the S-class mages. Yeah, it's not a gag.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; April 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM.

  6. #1221
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    How it looks to you doesn't matter to me. He bested her in hand to hand and that's that. How is he stronger than the people in this contest ? Since we haven't seen him fight, we can't know. Can you prove to me that he can't one-shot all the people in this contest ?
    How it looks to you doesn't to me either. He doesn't do any damage to her. Can you prove to me that he can one-shot all the people in the contest.


    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    It matters more than what you think. No one said that Erza was gonna die. How about you quit the meaningless tries ? It's a manga fact no matter what you say. As if your opinion is more factual than what two characters confirmed.
    And two characters opinion doesn't matter more to me than a manga facts that Natsu takes several more hits and still get up just fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Like when Natsu started shaking and crying against Gildarts and remained silent in shame for a whole day ?
    If the gap between his opponents was as vast as Gildarts and Natsu, Fried would probably commit suicide because he's even weaker. Natsu takes on opponents far stronger than Erza before without being that way. Fried cries his leg off at only Mira level.

    Erza lost. Mira lost. Azuma was stronger than both. Who cares ? Azuma does. Having a sister to worry about raises your MP ? Not when you have to take blows instead of that sister.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    I don't care how much damaged he dealt. I really don't. It makes a decent fight because he didn't get one-shotted. No DS have shown the hand to hand prowess that Jura shown.
    And that doesn't makes decent fight to me. It would be decent if he can put up a contest. Just because Mira decide to be nice and don't use the move that make Fried tremble in fear from the beginning doesn't make it better. If Mira use the move from the beginning, Fried'll be crying for his mama right then and there. She could one shot him. She just didn't. And while it might be a decent fight to you alone, it's not a decent fight to everyone else in the forum. You may not care about that, so I won't care about you thinking it's a decent fight either.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    If she could put up a fight against Azuma (while protecting her sister) as good as Erza did. Then in her strongest Satan Soul she should be stronger. She couldn't use that armor then. Don't even try to use that as testament of her strength. Erza also lost.
    Erza wins. It doesn't matter that you think she should lost. She wins. That's manga fact right there.


    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Nothing to do with what I said. By the time she got all teary, Erza was already acknowledged as the winner.
    Erza wasn't already acknowledged as the winner. If she was, she would get the point from beating Kagura.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    It's not at his disposal, it's an outside power source. And we should ban it because it's not his power. So Jura, Gildarts, Laxus, Jellal, Hades, Everyone in the world (beside Erza and Natsu) are all just being weak ? Not flying.
    It is his power. Duh. He used it.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    A comedic beat down is like this. Not even the next page, in the next panel no one cared about what happens. When Nami beat the Monster Trio, no one cares. But when he challenged her, got beat and then have the whole chapter just dedicated to show how weak he's before the S-class mages. Yeah, it's not a gag.
    It's not really a whole chapter. And the one-shot is really a gag.

    And fine, let's say it's not a gag. Natsu gain second origin and lightning DS magic since then. So that panel is absolutely worthless now anyways. Fried is still a fodder before S-Class mage. Natsu is not because he beat various S-class mage level opponents before.

    Let me know when you can find prove that Fried is far above Natsu level. Until then, he's fodder in this after time skip arc. Assuming it's not a gag, Natsu got a lot stronger since then, and he fought many opponents that was on Erza level or higher. I'm sick of you not seeing manga facts that clear to anyone but you.

    Natsu also land a hit on Gildarts. So what if Fried land a hit on Mira? Landing a hit doesn't make it a decent fight. As you see, Gildarts wasn't serious when Natsu land a hit nor is Mira in her strongest armor when Fried land a hit. It doesn't make those two put up a decent fight against S-Class mage just cuz. If you still don't see that, I don't know what else to say to you. The impact of the hit that they deals are all fairly minimal anyways.

    And don't say that Gildarts isn't the same as Mira. It's the same. They both could complete dominate their opponent in a second if they just go and use their good move from the beginning.
    Last edited by -Ken-; April 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  7. #1222
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    The first 3 pages can't be considered part of the fight at all. At page 10 the battle ended.
    Um... Yeah, they can-and should. The stuff in the chapter before where Mira flips out and becomes serious might not count, but after Freed knows she means buisness and she attacks him, it's part of the battle. But hey, feel free to, you know, ignore all the details that don't support your arguement. And whether it's part of the battle or not, he still squeaks and trembles in fear after losing.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    How it looks to you doesn't matter to me. He bested her in hand to hand and that's that. How is he stronger than the people in this contest ? Since we haven't seen him fight, we can't know. Can you prove to me that he can't one-shot all the people in this contest ?
    Technically, he grabbed her tail. And as -Ken- pointed out, she showed no damage for it. He could probably oneshot Quatro Cerebus, but other than that I think he'd at least have to put a little effort into what he's doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    It matters more than what you think. No one said that Erza was gonna die. How about you quit the meaningless tries ? It's a manga fact no matter what you say. As if your opinion is more factual than what two characters confirmed.
    An actual manga fact is that Natsu has survived every so called killing blow that he's taken, with the most prominent example being Jellal's Grand Chariot spell that hit things with the force of a meteor and left Jelllyfish surprised to see that Natsu's body was still intact. Natsu reacted to being shot in the mouth by loosing consciousness for a few seconds before hopping up and complaining about how that had hurt. When Erigor busted out his best spell on Natsu, Happy said he would be torn apart if he was hit by it, then Erigor delivered the same line as Jellal about how it was impressive his body was even in one piece before Natsu got back up and won. If someone in Fairy Tail says a move will kill, it means squat.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Like when Natsu started shaking and crying against Gildarts and remained silent in shame for a whole day ?
    If my memory serves, after crying he was just lost in thought for maybe an hour. That whole arc lasted one day, and he sure as heck wasn't quiet for most of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Erza lost. Mira lost. Azuma was stronger than both. Who cares ? Azuma does. Having a sister to worry about raises your MP ? Not when you have to take blows instead of that sister.
    Actually, Erza managed to down Azuma before his magic turned on him.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    I don't care how much damaged he dealt. I really don't. It makes a decent fight because he didn't get one-shotted. No DS have shown the hand to hand prowess that Jura shown.
    It's not a decent fight if you don't do any damage. It's really not. And for God's sake, drop the oneshot thing already. Look at how Jellal being oneshotted by Midnight is handled compared to how Erza hitting Natsu was. See how in one, Erza is in shock over Midnight's power and in the other, Everyone is just laughing at was, in fact, a punchline? A joke oneshot does indicate that someone is stronger, but it means nothing about how much stronger. When the story was actually taking Natsu v Erza seriously he had yet to take too hard a hit before they were interrupted. That is the part that anyone not desperate for evidence to support their claim would consider.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    It's not at his disposal, it's an outside power source. And we should ban it because it's not his power. So Jura, Gildarts, Laxus, Jellal, Hades, Everyone in the world (beside Erza and Natsu) are all just being weak ? Not flying.
    If Natsu has the ability to increase his power using outside sources, then he has that ability. Technically, any power boost he gets from eating fire is power from an outside source too. And how Natsu powering up means that all those other people are weak to you is beyond me. Especially considering that Laxus has made the whole "Fairy Tail is my family" declaration now.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    A comedic beat down is like this. Not even the next page, in the next panel no one cared about what happens. When Nami beat the Monster Trio, no one cares. But when he challenged her, got beat and then have the whole chapter just dedicated to show how weak he's before the S-class mages. Yeah, it's not a gag.
    Look, the cast thought the oneshot you're clinging too was funny. If that's not an indication that it was comedic, please tell me what it was.
    Last edited by SerpentTailedAngel; April 20, 2013 at 01:05 PM.

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #1223
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    How it looks to you doesn't to me either. He doesn't do any damage to her. Can you prove to me that he can one-shot all the people in the contest.
    That's the way it's in the Manga.
    That's not up to me, it's up to you. You're the one who kept telling me that he can't stand a chance against the people in the GMG. Prove it then.

    Quote Quote:
    And two characters opinion doesn't matter more to me than a manga facts that Natsu takes several more hits and still get up just fine.
    The opinion of two characters who have had years of battle experience are much more factual than your assumption.

    Quote Quote:
    If the gap between his opponents was as vast as Gildarts and Natsu, Fried would probably commit suicide because he's even weaker. Natsu takes on opponents far stronger than Erza before without being that way. Fried cries his leg off at only Mira level.
    Prove it ?

    Quote Quote:
    And that doesn't makes decent fight to me. It would be decent if he can put up a contest. Just because Mira decide to be nice and don't use the move that make Fried tremble in fear from the beginning doesn't make it better. If Mira use the move from the beginning, Fried'll be crying for his mama right then and there. She could one shot him. She just didn't. And while it might be a decent fight to you alone, it's not a decent fight to everyone else in the forum. You may not care about that, so I won't care about you thinking it's a decent fight either.
    Prove both of those two statements too.

    Quote Quote:
    Erza wins. It doesn't matter that you think she should lost. She wins. That's manga fact right there.
    I don't think she lost, she did lose. Even with the friendship power up, she lost once again. It's only after Tenrou Tree helped her that she won. Those are Manga facts right there.

    Quote Quote:
    Erza wasn't already acknowledged as the winner. If she was, she would get the point from beating Kagura.
    Nope. They all went "Ah ? Erza did it, Kagura Lost."

    Quote Quote:
    It is his power. Duh. He used it.
    Hmmm...I must have been imagining Jellal and Laxus giving it to him. Or him taking it from Eitherion.

    Quote Quote:
    It's not really a whole chapter. And the one-shot is really a gag.
    It's a whole chapter dedicated to the S-class mages. Prove it is.

    Quote Quote:
    And fine, let's say it's not a gag. Natsu gain second origin and lightning DS magic since then. So that panel is absolutely worthless now anyways. Fried is still a fodder before S-Class mage. Natsu is not because he beat various S-class mage level opponents before.
    Prove any of that.

    Quote Quote:
    Let me know when you can find prove that Fried is far above Natsu level. Until then, he's fodder in this after time skip arc. Assuming it's not a gag, Natsu got a lot stronger since then, and he fought many opponents that was on Erza level or higher. I'm sick of you not seeing manga facts that clear to anyone but you.
    And I'm sick of you making up things and calling them Manga facts.

    Quote Quote:
    Natsu also land a hit on Gildarts. So what if Fried land a hit on Mira? Landing a hit doesn't make it a decent fight. As you see, Gildarts wasn't serious when Natsu land a hit nor is Mira in her strongest armor when Fried land a hit. It doesn't make those two put up a decent fight against S-Class mage just cuz. If you still don't see that, I don't know what else to say to you. The impact of the hit that they deals are all fairly minimal anyways.
    So you've been saying that Mira isn't serious even though her bloodlust and killing intent are both apparent ? Gildarts didn't have neither of those. When he did, Natsu was too weak to get close to him. Those two are different scenarios. It's only when Gildarts released his power that the fight became similar to Freed vs Mira.

    Also, Natsu didn't really land any hit on Gildarts. Touching opponents and landing a hit isn't the same thing. And it definitely isn't the same as besting them in hand to hand.

    Quote Quote:
    And don't say that Gildarts isn't the same as Mira. It's the same. They both could complete dominate their opponent in a second if they just go and use their good move from the beginning.
    The difference lies in the killing intent. Mira was seriously going for the kill until just a second before killing him. Gildarts wasn't.

    ---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    Look, the cast thought the oneshot you're clinging too was funny. If that's not an indication that it was comedic, please tell me what it was.
    It's an indication that Natsu is pathetic.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; April 21, 2013 at 07:46 AM.

  10. #1224
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    I already prove it. There's nothing in the manga that have evidence that Fried gain enough of a power jump from a common mage in the weakest guild in the continents to the strongest guild in the continents. Whether you take that or not is up to you. Without any proof that he improved, it's just as assumption that he did. You're just assuming that he's improving at the same rate as a person that already show their improvement.

    I start to think you're just trolling now. Welcome to my ignore list.

    ---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    That's the way it's in the Manga.
    That's not up to me, it's up to you. You're the one who kept telling me that he can't stand a chance against the people in the GMG. Prove it then.
    Yeah. I already did. He doesn't show any improvement. So he's at the same level that he was before timeskip. That's around Natsu before timeskip. So in other word, it's just Max level. If you don't want to take it, it's up to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    The opinion of two characters who have had years of battle experience are much more factual than your assumption.
    I'm comparing it to manga facts. Manga facts >>>>>>>>>>>>>> those two opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Prove it ?
    He's already trembling in fear from Mira power. What's if it's even great power?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Prove both of those two statements too.
    Fried died after taking that move. So prove otherwise. You seem to not think Fried doesn't take any real damage before that. So if you want to prove that Fried is not weak, you're the one that need to do the proving. We saw Fried freak out and act like 1 years old after seeing that move. That's the proof.

    Oh, and if you want to tame the 3 page you ignore before into account, you would fall under arguments that SerpentTailedAngel make before now. So it'll be to Fried being weaker regardless of your result.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    I don't think she lost, she did lose. Even with the friendship power up, she lost once again. It's only after Tenrou Tree helped her that she won. Those are Manga facts right there.
    In the first page, he just think he beat her. And she stand up. So what? You're just taking characters thought into account. And in second page, we know that in that time period, Natsu/Lucy/Wendy/Cana are all doing their own thing. They don't actually talk to her. People in Fairy Tail doesn't show ability to have telepathy. They all were doing their own thing at that time.

    Since you love the word so much, prove it. You just assume that it's manga fact.

    And because of his magic, Tenrou IS helping Azuma in putting Erza into that state. Proof? He's using Tenrou tree magic power. If they were to fight anywhere else, he can't use that. Tenrou tree just refuse to finish Erza off, that's all.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Nope. They all went "Ah ? Erza did it, Kagura Lost."


    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Hmmm...I must have been imagining Jellal and Laxus giving it to him. Or him taking it from Eitherion.
    Laxus stays as power up. So why does it matter for him.


    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    And I'm sick of you making up things and calling them Manga facts.
    Same. I'm utterly sick of it. I wonder why you're doing so much?
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    So you've been saying that Mira isn't serious even though her bloodlust and killing intent are both apparent ? Gildarts didn't have neither of those. When he did, Natsu was too weak to get close to him. Those two are different scenarios. It's only when Gildarts released his power that the fight became similar to Freed vs Mira.
    It's so apparent that she doesn't deliver the killing blow. Awesome. You're just assuming her intent. If she truly intend to kill him, Fried head would already be off, but Mira just stop and return to her original form.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Also, Natsu didn't really land any hit on Gildarts. Touching opponents and landing a hit isn't the same thing. And it definitely isn't the same as besting them in hand to hand.
    I'm glad you agree. Fried also is just touching Mira. He doesn't land any hit on her.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    The difference lies in the killing intent. Mira was seriously going for the kill until just a second before killing him. Gildarts wasn't.
    We don't see anything in Mira's mind at all, so you're just assuming here. We saw that she didn't kill Fried, so that's all we can assume.

    She also doesn't use her strongest form. If she were seriously going for the kill, why doesn't she used it?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    It's an indication that Natsu is pathetic.
    I'm sick of telling you the obvious. If you want to think it's a serious fight, go ahead. This is getting really dumb.

    Btw, read my signature before you decide to response. It'll save your time. It wouldn't save my time, because I'll be doing what I say in the signature regardless of what you decide to you.

    ---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    That's the way it's in the Manga.
    That's not up to me, it's up to you. You're the one who kept telling me that he can't stand a chance against the people in the GMG. Prove it then.
    Yeah. I already did. He doesn't show any improvement. So he's at the same level that he was before timeskip. That's around Natsu before timeskip. So in other word, it's just Max level. If you don't want to take it, it's up to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    The opinion of two characters who have had years of battle experience are much more factual than your assumption.
    I'm comparing it to manga facts. Manga facts >>>>>>>>>>>>>> those two opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Prove it ?
    He's already trembling in fear from Mira power. What's if it's even great power?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Prove both of those two statements too.
    Fried died after taking that move. So prove otherwise. You seem to not think Fried doesn't take any real damage before that. So if you want to prove that Fried is not weak, you're the one that need to do the proving. We saw Fried freak out and act like 1 years old after seeing that move. That's the proof.

    Oh, and if you want to tame the 3 page you ignore before into account, you would fall under arguments that SerpentTailedAngel make before now. So it'll be to Fried being weaker regardless of your result.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    I don't think she lost, she did lose. Even with the friendship power up, she lost once again. It's only after Tenrou Tree helped her that she won. Those are Manga facts right there.
    In the first page, he just think he beat her. And she stand up. So what? You're just taking characters thought into account. And in second page, we know that in that time period, Natsu/Lucy/Wendy/Cana are all doing their own thing. They don't actually talk to her. People in Fairy Tail doesn't show ability to have telepathy. They all were doing their own thing at that time.

    Since you love the word so much, prove it. You just assume that it's manga fact.

    Erza was never down for the count from Azume attack. If she was, she wouldn't be getting up. She doesn't lose to Azuma. In that case, everytime someone get down, do they count as lose regardless of whether or not they get up or not? This is just stupid.

    And because of his magic, Tenrou IS helping Azuma in putting Erza into that state. Proof? He's using Tenrou tree magic power. If they were to fight anywhere else, he can't use that. Tenrou tree just refuse to finish Erza off, that's all.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Nope. They all went "Ah ? Erza did it, Kagura Lost."
    And then they say Kagura got up. The match isn't over yet. Wow, talking about reading skill.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Hmmm...I must have been imagining Jellal and Laxus giving it to him. Or him taking it from Eitherion.
    Laxus stays as power up. So why does it matter for him.


    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    And I'm sick of you making up things and calling them Manga facts.
    Same. I'm utterly sick of it. I wonder why you're doing so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    So you've been saying that Mira isn't serious even though her bloodlust and killing intent are both apparent ? Gildarts didn't have neither of those. When he did, Natsu was too weak to get close to him. Those two are different scenarios. It's only when Gildarts released his power that the fight became similar to Freed vs Mira.
    It's so apparent that she doesn't deliver the killing blow. Awesome. You're just assuming her intent. If she truly intend to kill him, Fried head would already be off, but Mira just stop and return to her original form.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Also, Natsu didn't really land any hit on Gildarts. Touching opponents and landing a hit isn't the same thing. And it definitely isn't the same as besting them in hand to hand.
    I'm glad you agree. Fried also is just touching Mira. He doesn't land any hit on her.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    The difference lies in the killing intent. Mira was seriously going for the kill until just a second before killing him. Gildarts wasn't.
    We don't see anything in Mira's mind at all, so you're just assuming here. We saw that she didn't kill Fried, so that's all we can assume.

    She also doesn't use her strongest form. If she were seriously going for the kill, why doesn't she used it?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    It's an indication that Natsu is pathetic.
    I'm sick of telling you the obvious. If you want to think it's a serious fight, go ahead. This is getting really dumb.

    Btw, read my signature before you decide to response. It'll save your time. It wouldn't save my time, because I'll be doing what I say in the signature regardless of what you decide to you.
    Last edited by -Ken-; April 21, 2013 at 10:11 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  11. #1225
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Okay, this is getting way to broken up for me to sanely follow.

    Freed is not among the top members of the guild. His specialty is laying traps. His spontaneous fighting skills, for lack of a better word, suck when compared to other guild members. He managed to take out almost the entire guild with traps, but has won a battle in regular combat, with the help of two other people, one of whom his opponent didn't know was still able to fight. Mira curb-stomped him. He did no damage to her. Even if he managed to throw her into the water he failed to do anything in that match but give her the opportunity to do more damage. And she did kick him around before he landed one non-damaging blow on her because she literally kicks him and sends him flying-but you don't want to count that as part of the battle so why am I bothering to mention that detail to you?

    And also on the topic of that battle, he used a forbidden technique. That's not uncommon in shounen and usually means your opponent is screwed. I say usually because once you've taken out a few serious opponents with it there will usually be an enemy who needs to be beaten by something even stronger. To lose so throughly in the same chapter that you introduce a forbidden technique in is sad. I have nothing against Freed, but really, that is sad. Doubly so when you consider that Mira wasn't even going all out, and had a stronger demon form in reserve. If you think she had killing intent there, that means she didn't need all her strength to kill him. Not that she really had killing intent, since, you know, she didn't kill him, and told him how the fighting seemed pointless.

    Everyone thinking Natsu would die if hit by Laxus's attack meant nothing. There's always some blow that everyone thinks will be fatal or crippling of put someone out of commission for months that Natsu gets right up from. I already listed three cases from before the fight with Laxus. And one of them was with a wizard saint that was out and out trying to kill Natsu, while it had already been established in the manga that Laxus, who for all him might is not a wizard saint, has no true desire to kill anyone in Fairy Tail. As from him losing to Gildarts, the manga has implied pretty heavily that Gildarts is the best the guild has. Even Laxus only dismisses him as the strongest because he's never around to claim the title. Frankly, I think being reduced to tears by the full magic pressure of the guild's strongest at point blank, which can be felt from a ways away, after having failed to do anything more than push him back a foot or so while fighting for several chapters, is much less shameful than getting beaten down in record time and squeaking and trembling in fear at the sight of them landing close to you.

    On the subject of Natsu needing power from outside source... wtf? You realize that dragon slayer magic in pretty much based around that idea, right? The impressive part of Natsu's power is that he can take in more power like that. He would have lost to Gajeel if he hadn't been able to eat fire just like Gajeel wouldn't have lasted as long if the room hadn't been full of metal. Sure, Natsu won against Zero because Jellal gave him that flame, but if Freed were the one getting beaten (and since you think he's close to godliness lets just assume that Zero played dirty somehow to reach that point) and Jellal showed up to help him... well Freed's magic lacks some feature that lets him enhance it, so they'd both be screwed then.

    Natsu stood his ground against Erza, stopped a wizard saint, managed to double team Laxus, took out one Grimore Heart memeber single handed, then double teamed another. Freed got beaten by Mira so badly that he squeaked in fear when she got close to him, and needed two people's help to defeat a Grimore heart memeber.

    As for Erza supposedly losing to Azuma, I'm shocked. I've never seen a shounen protagonist get knocked down, have a moment where they realize what they're fighting for, then get back up and win. Never. Seriously though, you're kidding, right? Erza beat him.

    One last thing:
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    And I'm sick of you making up things and calling them Manga facts.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. This is going to be my last post arguing with you, because frankly, you're no fun to argue with anymore. If you could at least counter with valid points or consider the ones presented to you then maybe you'd be worth it, but you've done nothing but ignore what's said against your claim or to discredit your flimsier arguments.
    Last edited by SerpentTailedAngel; April 21, 2013 at 12:57 PM.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #1226
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth. This is going to be my last post arguing with you, because frankly, you're no fun to argue with anymore. If you could at least counter with valid points or consider the ones presented to you then maybe you'd be worth it, but you've done nothing but ignore what's said against your claim or to discredit your flimsier arguments.
    Was it not you guys who wanted "manga facts" ? If you demand them, then you should prepare yourselves for the same treatment. When I demand absolute facts, I know when to shut up when presented to me. If I give you nothing but facts, you brush it off. If I brush your opinion off, I'm no fun to deal with. The moment I started to use the words "Prove It", both of you dropped the thing. So in the end, you couldn't prove anything and decided to drop it. We're both treating each other the same way. Only I know it's not worth getting all emotional about.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; April 22, 2013 at 12:47 AM.

  14. #1227
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hossice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    I have a question for you all; Do you know of any other manga/anime characters that have similar powers to Freed? I was watching Twilight Breaking Dawn Part II and the young girl reminded me of Freed's powers where she can inflict pain on them by saying it and looking at them. Can you guys think of anyone else in any other series that uses a similar power? Thanks! It's been bothering me.
    twitter.com/mahossice - follow back!

  15. #1228
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Maybe... Kore wa Zomibe Desu ka? The necromancer girl can sort of make things happen by saying them, but she rarely speaks, and the two main things she says aloud are "live" and "die" so I don't know if it's what you're looking for. It's sort of like what Freed does but, not often enough for me to be sure.

  16. #1229
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hossice View Post
    I have a question for you all; Do you know of any other manga/anime characters that have similar powers to Freed? I was watching Twilight Breaking Dawn Part II and the young girl reminded me of Freed's powers where she can inflict pain on them by saying it and looking at them. Can you guys think of anyone else in any other series that uses a similar power? Thanks! It's been bothering me.
    I thought Kyouraku power from Bleach is kinda like it. People in are caught in it are forced to play by a certain "rule" that was set forth.

    Yuu from Kore wa Zombie Desu ka is kinda more like the creation guy from GH than Freed, I feel. Freed power is limited by the rule that he set, and he too have to follow those rule (not that it's hard, since he's the one that set it). Unless you meant the part when he just keep adding the word "Pain" to his opponent, then yes, it's kind of similar.

    As of his secret tech, the ability to turn himself into a demon, there's too many to simply list. Basically, any form of Arrancar released give same effects since it's boost the user power. Otherwise, Zoan Fruit from One Piece do similar things. Let from Rave also have a secret form that he can released. I'm probably not going to list anymore, but let's say there's simply a tons.

    Freed's Rune is definitely more unique to him than his secret tech.
    Last edited by -Ken-; April 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  17. #1230
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

    Don't know if I really want to make a new thread for this, so I thought I'd bring it up here.

    So I finally got volume 25 in English today and it translated Meredy's name as Merudy, and I was kind of curious about how the wiki had handled that, so I looked, and they all voted it down because it didn't look as nice and Kodansha doesn't have the same 'we got confirmation from Hiro Mashima' message that Del Rey had. So I was wondering... I mean, to me the official translation of a character's name is just whatever the official translation of the story uses, and even if Kodansha doesn't have that confirmation claim, they're still more official than scanlations that also didn't confirm the name with Mashima. (Although Merudy really doesn't look that great.)

    Anyway, I was wondering what you guys thought. About the official translation, and about translating names in general.

New Reply
Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts