Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 280 Discussion/ 281 Prediction Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 280 Discussion/ 281 Prediction Thread

@ Tango:
    Oka would have to be DEAD for any of those arguments to make any sense. Look at that scene again. Carefully. Remember that Nuri is known for playing pranks. He is a shapeshifter. You have to look closely, though.

http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/276/12/
    Notice that both arms and hands are visible. The right hand is outstretched; you can clearly see the index finger. You can also see the index finger, pinky finger and thumb of the left hand. NOTHING in either hand. Especially not a 2-foot or longer human torso.

http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/276/14/
    Katou turns around and sees ...gasp... veteran Oka's head and torso in those same hands. Great way to demoralize an enemy. Make him think you've just killed a player that's 10 times as strong as he is.

Nuri has pulled a great fake-out, just like the Oni boss did the last mission, when it turned into both Reika and Kei, complete with suits and a gun.

They'll probably see Oka in another mission and ask him who revived him. He'll say "Nobody. I haven't died."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, Nuri in mythology is known as a prankster, but that doesn't make Oka's-Torso-Situation a prank by default.

Riyarai (dont know if it's correct) said it, and I was the first to doubt it, but it's really all there: Nuri's hand when he lands is actually just one hand. It was maybe just explained dubiously. Nuri's right arm has the thumb and the little finger almost touching each other (making an 'O'), and the remaining fingers are, respectivily, the ring finger and the middle finger. Try making the gesture, adn you'll figure it out.
    But, I do admit that the fingers are a bit long, and that the outlines are a bit misguiding...

Or, as somebody else pointed out, it could be just a build up of suspense...

edit: regarding the second life/restart/1up option, I find it plausible /mythbusters mode off
    Last edited by skitvitum; September 17, 2008 at 03:55 PM. Reason: ontopic

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@george
    I would like to believe Oka is alive just as much as the next person, but thats just a drawing error on Okus part probably. Okas dead, theirs just no way.

Quote Originally Posted by skitvitum View Post
    Or, as somebody else pointed out, it could be just a build up of suspense...

edit: regarding the second life/restart/1up option, I find it plausible /mythbusters mode off

Now that I think about it this is alot more likley then my drawing error theory.
    I know I was shocked when we first got a zoomed in shot of Oka dead.
    Last edited by Kozar927; September 17, 2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by georgemarvin View Post
    Nuri has pulled a great fake-out, just like the Oni boss did the last mission, when it turned into both Reika and Kei, complete with suits and a gun.

They'll probably see Oka in another mission and ask him who revived him. He'll say "Nobody. I haven't died."
    Yeah... OR Oku just got lazy and made a mistake in one of the shots...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"Yeah... OR Oku just got lazy and made a mistake in one of the shots..."

Either this or the suspense thing, but hes deff. dead.
    lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by !ArtiSaBanG! View Post
    http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/28/12/
    cat killing was in the anime along with gantz opening his gray eyes with a smiling face.
    so he's into ero guro?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@skitvitum
    This one takes careful observation, not a quick glance.
    You have got to use your eyes. Look at it CLOSELY. Look at the lines. They're drawn in great detail.
    The LEFT hand is shown plainly. The little finger is closest to us. It is folded into the palm. The middle fingers are hidden from sight, which would be normal for the position that the hand is in, but the index finger is clearly visible. You can see a continuous line all the way from the LEFT shoulder to that finger. The entire back of that hand is even visible, and the thumb is also clearly the LEFT thumb.

The only finger visible on the RIGHT hand is the index finger. Notice that a continuous line goes all the way from the RIGHT shoulder to the tip of that finger. There's no way that it's holding anything, because it is completely outstretched. Oku didn't do it by mistake; he even went into detail when he drew the fingernail. The LEFT hand obscures all of the right hand EXCEPT that one finger. But that is enough to see that it isn't holding anything large. If he was carrying a 2-foot-long torso in that RIGHT hand, that index finger would be closed, holding it. All of the fingers would be in a grasping position; try carrying something with your index finger completely outstretched.

Now look at how he's holding Oka's torso with his RIGHT hand.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/276/14/

Forgetting about the fact that there wasn't a 2-foot-long torso hanging below his hands in the previous panel, just look at the INDEX FINGER. It's in a normal grasping position, not completely outstretched.

That's why I said that Nuri was faking them out; he didn't have anything at all in EITHER hand when he landed.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EliteBeatAgents View Post
    so he's into ero guro?
    Man I never noticed the boner the first time. That kid is messed up.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I've said for a LONG time, Nishi would never leave Gantz. He died and went to his own personal version of heaven.

Notice after he killed the cat, he didn't just get a boner. He needed a bigger, stronger victim. He wanted to kill those kids so badly that the alarm started sounding in his head. He just barely keeps enough control that Gantz doesn't kill him for hunting "out of season" in-between missions.

About wanting to leave Gantz: Think about it from Nishi's perspective. He gets to kill sentient beings for fun, and not only doesn't he get punished, he even gets rewarded. That's the main reason why he doesn't use the big guns. He gets a big thrill out of watching the fear on their faces while they're dying. He gets a boner just from looking at the dismembered corpses.

We really don't know what kind of rewards he might have had stashed before he died because he's so twisted. He's on the hunt to get his sadistic kicks. There's no thrill in it if he uses a mecha and BFG and just blows everything away.

Look at the onion alien; he was getting off from the onion alien's fear. In the Tanaka mission, he was watching the Gantz team from stealth for two reasons: Strategy and fun. He wanted to see what the Tanaka could do; they could have been Nuri-level, for all he knew. He also wanted to see some real carnage.

One day we'll see Nishi totally lose it and kill half the people in the room.

Quote Quote:
    It would be somewhat funny if we ended up discovering that, like with Kishimoto, there were two Nishis and the other one was a lot more innocent than our Nishi and ended up dying and coming to gantz.

It would also be a nice trick to gives us some insight on Nishi's story.
    I hate to tell you, but with Nishi what you see is what you get. He's the kind of kid that was breaking the wings off butterflies as soon as he could walk. His parents would have given him a puppy and found Nishi standing over its bloody corpse poking sticks into it that same day. He never had any friends because the other kids were terrified of him.

He's a natural born killer, not a product of Gantz.

That's why he's so protective of Gantz. It's his own personal god of war and destruction. He could care less about the "team"; they don't even make good victims. But he would fight to the death to stop HS from hurting the only creature in the universe that he can relate to.
    Last edited by georgemarvin; September 17, 2008 at 08:33 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner M.I.A's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

What would be the point of Oka drawing in Oku's torso in the landing pic, it'd totally withdraw the suspense of nuri showing Katou... just saying its more of a corny movie technique then a mistake, very much Oka's action-movie style.
    Ah sh1tdamncrap... i entered the discussion ><
    I really dont think we'll get much more characters, there's really now a set cast that pretty much covers all angles, and now we're gunna rollercoaster towards the end, but the again, the ending could be even longer the osaka arc and that'll keep us all happy.
    Better than a butter dog.......

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, hello everyone!!

Gantz is fun, I love reading it, I love your discussion!!!

This "fingers" issue has been frustrating me to no end, so I decided to post this pic.

And, umm, the posts are a bit too long to, umm... go through, what's da fuzz?

Here, here's my simple explanation - at least of what my limitation allows me to explain, I even number the fingers in sequence for the sake of our comfort:

in this frame, I can only see 4 fingers, all belong to the "left" hand.
    Left marked in red, right in blue.
    1 -pinky
    2 -ring
    3 -middle
    5 -thumb!

"NO 4 - index"

No right hand fingers.

Well?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhh picture... were? :: searches for pic ::

But anyways welcome to the Gantz forums. Were alot of fun. George has got a new crazy (Realized this sounded rude, and that wasnt what I wanted) theory each week >.< I usually love his in site and careful reading, but this time I have to say I really think Oku didnt draw it because he just had no reason too. He wanted it to be suspenseful when we saw Oka dead
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    Oh their it is sry. Didnt appear for me at first. I agree its all one hand. Thanks for the pic. makes it very clear!
    Last edited by Kozar927; September 17, 2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Spelling

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus Christ what is wrong with you people? know you're talking about fingers? Let's not Tangential the discussion.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The pic should be right there X D NOoooo, can you reload the page,
    is it there??

I see it over here.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol I said I found it. Very nice Pic. Thank you

@elite
    Were responding to a theory. Weither your for it or trying to disprove it matters not.
    Last edited by Kozar927; September 17, 2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Add praise for the pic :)

New Reply
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast