Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Fringe Thread

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fringe Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sarry View Post
    Agree, the inter-universe MSN typewrite was a nifty contraption

Though I found the new FBI detective/agent kind of lame, as she quickly joined the group without so much of a consideration. She is either a badly made character, or she is an spy sent to reveal what is happening within the fringe Div.; and her employers are either from the other universe or the government of the original universe.
    Well it felt unnatural but then again maybe that was more because she didn't have the focus in this episode. The focus was on that shapeshifter, olivia dunham who came back and the fringe division itself.

As for the agent, I don't see her as a villain. I think she might be of some group opposing the villains. Breaking a pw that easily must mean something.

I also look forward to Francis' role. It's good they gave him that new role because of how things turned out.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
    Well it felt unnatural but then again maybe that was more because she didn't have the focus in this episode. The focus was on that shapeshifter, olivia dunham who came back and the fringe division itself.

As for the agent, I don't see her as a villain. I think she might be of some group opposing the villains. Breaking a pw that easily must mean something.

I also look forward to Francis' role. It's good they gave him that new role because of how things turned out.
    Well, the whole episode felt rushed, as they wanted somehow to fit:
    Dunham's return and revelations,
    the Shape shifter's story,
    Walter, his son and the new FBI agent.

I thought, and still think, it was too much to put so much material into a one-hour episode. But the second episode should be better, in terms of content per viewing time

I agree that Francis' role will be something nice to see, considering now he will actually attempt to spy/kill one of the major players in the story.
    Last edited by Baron Hugenstein; September 20, 2009 at 04:00 PM.

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo! Fringe is back! <333

Quote Originally Posted by sarry View Post
    Though I found the new FBI detective/agent kind of lame, as she quickly joined the group without so much of a consideration. She is either a badly made character, or she is an spy sent to reveal what is happening within the fringe Div.; and her employers are either from the other universe or the government of the original universe.
    Overall, I thought it was a good episode, but I didn't like the new FBI agent either. I agree that her entry into the group was far too easy and rushed. Plus, her acting left quite a bit to be desired. All in all, it seemed very unnatural.

But as far as her role, I don't see her as a villain either. I'm assuming the main purpose for her character is to create a love triangle of sorts between her, Peter, and Olivia. Could be wrong, but that's just the feeling I got from her and Peter's interaction.
    Last edited by igotthegoods; September 20, 2009 at 11:04 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity laughing@you's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Fringe Thread

Well i'm glad joshua jackson is actually getting more screen time and plainly doing something!!!

Now Joshua jackson is a fighter?..?...really? What the heck is he?

He can fight, he has almost the same IQ as his father?..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    Woohoo! Fringe is back! <333

Overall, I thought it was a good episode, but I didn't like the new FBI agent either. I agree that her entry into the group was far too easy and rushed. Plus, her acting left quite a bit to be desired. All in all, it seemed very unnatural.

But as far as her role, I don't see her as a villain either. I'm assuming the main purpose for her character is to create a love triangle of sorts between her, Peter, and Olivia. Could be wrong, but that's just the feeling I got from her and Peter's interaction.
    Well, I always thought that Peter loved Olivia and loved/liked her sister; it isn't a love triangle, per say, but Jealousy can still occur between the sisters, no?

Quote Originally Posted by laughing@you View Post
    Well i'm glad joshua jackson is actually getting more screen time and plainly doing something!!!

Now Joshua jackson is a fighter?..?...really? What the heck is he?

He can fight, he has almost the same IQ as his father?..
    Well, he'd be a younger and more fit Walter version :

But the Question that I asked myself, and still ask it is what happened to the Walter from the other universe?
    Afterall, The Walter from the other universe got his son stolen by the Walter from the starting universe...so why remain unheard of?

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Boring episode if you ask me. It's quite funny how that new female cop is already becoming a background character Anyway, the only interesting thing:

dr. bishop who referred that olivia will not be the same since her parallel universe travel (or at least something alike that) -> I wonder if dr. bishop said this out of a personal experience + that new guy Olivia met at the end
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
    Boring episode if you ask me. It's quite funny how that new female cop is already becoming a background character Anyway, the only interesting thing:

dr. bishop who referred that olivia will not be the same since her parallel universe travel (or at least something alike that) -> I wonder if dr. bishop said this out of a personal experience + that new guy Olivia met at the end
    Or William Bell did it long ago and Walter noticed a change in him. That's if he was able to do it back when they were lab partners.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Or William Bell did it long ago and Walter noticed a change in him. That's if he was able to do it back when they were lab partners.
    Hmm could be, but suppose Peter is from Bell's dimension. Suppose Bishop kidnapped the young, other dimension peter because he couldn't process his son's death. It would explain Bishop's insanity, strange behaviour... No? I am starting to believe that Bishop's behaviour might be the result of an alternative dimension travel

though the opposite would be perfectly possible too
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Either scenario is plausible at this point. Walter traveling between dimensions obviously isn't farfetched.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, last episode gave a lot of explanation. I liked it because I couldn't have handled another round of mysteries. Thanks to this episode, the new meeting between Bell and Olivia in particular, we know where this will go to. We get to see - well this is what I believe - the true villain. The end scene with the head attaching to his body: creepy but awesome (he reminded me of voldermort )

Then again, I still presume the new introduced villain is still someone else than the one behind the typing machine

I definitely look forward to more of it.
    Last edited by Koen; October 09, 2009 at 01:35 PM.
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Bumping this thread, because I just caught up and there were lots of developments...despite the obvious questions, I think this series is a very good one...approaching sci-fi and fantasy from science point of view...

My favorite character is that guy who owns the bowling club and helps Olivia...he's just awesome

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Amber

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3