Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2003

Thread: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

  1. #1846
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The depths of human reasoning.
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    I don't really think there going to be a replacement for HnA for a while. Sunday has really lots of series currently (more than Jump and Magazine), so I don't think the Sunday editors going to put new series for a while. However, who knows, Sunday tends to put new series without ending anything.
    True that. I guess they really should animate some things. Rinne, Magi (which has all but been confirmed), Arata, Kenichi (should get another TV run IMO), and Zettai could be animated if Sunday wanted to push for it. (Oh and I guess Hayate, though I could care less about that.) I die a little inside when I see the Sunday animation column be nothing other than Conan and Senkore.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

    Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

  2. #1847
    Negative Syndicate
    Guest

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    Rinne, Magi (which has all but been confirmed), Arata, Kenichi (should get another TV run IMO), and Zettai could be animated if Sunday wanted to push for it.
    I don't think there aren't any chance that Arata will become next animation; I think it'll be just natural end without any media attention like HnA.

  3. #1848
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The depths of human reasoning.
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    I don't think there aren't any chance that Arata will become next animation; I think it'll be just natural end without any media attention like HnA.
    What makes you say that? Though it does sorta hang around the back of the mag like Aku did. I remember reading somewhere that Fujiki said Aku couldn't become an anime when a fan asked him about it. Does an artist really know that sort of thing? I hear things sometimes where artists ask that an anime not be done, or that one be delayed till a certain time. I wonder how true this is?
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

    Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

  4. #1849
    Negative Syndicate
    Guest

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    What makes you say that? Though it does sorta hang around the back of the mag like Aku did. I remember reading somewhere that Fujiki said Aku couldn't become an anime when a fan asked him about it. Does an artist really know that sort of thing? I hear things sometimes where artists ask that an anime not be done, or that one be delayed till a certain time. I wonder how true this is?
    Where did you heard that?

    Also, I'm saying that because there aren't any Sunday series that has gotten anime when they were in Arata's stage. So, I don't think there are any possibility that Arata will be animated.
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; June 03, 2012 at 10:53 PM.

  5. #1850
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The depths of human reasoning.
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    Where did you heard that?

    Also, I'm saying that because there aren't any Sunday series that has gotten anime when they were in Arata's stage. So, I don't think there are any possibility that Arata will be animated.
    Well, wasn't Ueki basically done when it got an anime? It also had the same chapter count that Arata has now.

    The sources I've heard that from are basically rumors from forums and stuff, no real first person or decent second person sources. I just was curious about what kind of power the artist has over an animated version of his or her work.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

    Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

  6. #1851
    Negative Syndicate
    Guest

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    Well, wasn't Ueki basically done when it got an anime? It also had the same chapter count that Arata has now.
    Series like Wild Life, Aoizaka Koukou, Saijou no Meii (well, this one got drama), King Golf, Mixim 11, Gekko Jorei, etc. didn't got an anime and there were kind of same state as Arata (or some of them are more popular than Arata). When I'm seeing these list, I don't think there are much chance for Arata to get an anime unless it'll somehow increase its popularity (but, I dont think it'll happen because I believe Arata hasn't gotten any color page for long time now; so, I think it is most like that the Sunday editors aren't pushing this series).

    Plus, I'm even skeptical about Rinne getting anime since it isn't really much popular to get an anime like Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2, and Inuyasha. But I didn't included because of the name value of Takahashi Rumiko.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    The sources I've heard that from are basically rumors from forums and stuff, no real first person or decent second person sources. I just was curious about what kind of power the artist has over an animated version of his or her work.
    I tend not to believe any rumors that came from an internet. There are too many this and that, so I tend to ignore what people said in web without any validity or sources. However, I don't think a mangaka has great power over the animation (I think they most likely make request on some small parts) since the mangakas are busy doing their own work, so I believe they don't have any time.

  7. #1852
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The depths of human reasoning.
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    Series like Wild Life, Aoizaka Koukou, Saijou no Meii (well, this one got drama), King Golf, Mixim 11, Gekko Jorei, etc. didn't got an anime and there were kind of same state as Arata (or some of them are more popular than Arata). When I'm seeing these list, I don't think there are much chance for Arata to get an anime unless it'll somehow increase its popularity (but, I dont think it'll happen because I believe Arata hasn't gotten any color page for long time now; so, I think it is most like that the Sunday editors aren't pushing this series).

    Plus, I'm even skeptical about Rinne getting anime since it isn't really much popular to get an anime like Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2, and Inuyasha. But I didn't included because of the name value of Takahashi Rumiko.



    I tend not to believe any rumors that came from an internet. There are too many this and that, so I tend to ignore what people said in web without any validity or sources. However, I don't think a mangaka has great power over the animation (I think they most likely make request on some small parts) since the mangakas are busy doing their own work, so I believe they don't have any time.
    Ah, well that does make sense, though I won't count it out till it ends. Arata has Yuu Watase's name on it as well doesn't it? And she's pretty popular...or so I think.

    Rinne doesn't get much fanfare, it's true, but as you said Takahashi's name is enough to get it out there. Arata and Rinne aren't my favorite series or anything although I DO read them. I'd just like to see more anime coming from the magazine.

    As for believing rumors, I didn't say I believed them. I simply stated that I heard these rumors. I was curious as to whether they are true or not. It makes sense that artists would be too busy drawing to really get involved with the anime adaptions of their work, but I would think they'd have some say. Look at the whole Shirokuma Cafe thing going on with Higa Aloha. That's what made me kinda curious of what the manga artists' role is in an anime adaption, besides the 'original work'.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

    Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

  8. #1853
    Negative Syndicate
    Guest

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    Ah, well that does make sense, though I won't count it out till it ends. Arata has Yuu Watase's name on it as well doesn't it? And she's pretty popular...or so I think.
    I'm not sure whether Watase's name value is strong as before. There aren't much well known series after Ayashi no Ceres (I know one series did got a drama); so, I doubt that her name value is strong as Takahashi Rumiko.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    As for believing rumors, I didn't say I believed them. I simply stated that I heard these rumors. I was curious as to whether they are true or not. It makes sense that artists would be too busy drawing to really get involved with the anime adaptions of their work, but I would think they'd have some say. Look at the whole Shirokuma Cafe thing going on with Higa Aloha. That's what made me kinda curious of what the manga artists' role is in an anime adaption, besides the 'original work'.
    Well, I'm not sure about that part. However, I did some follow what has happened on Binbougami's media attention. For example, when Binbougami gets vomic, the editors did Sukeno for which voice actors that he preferred. Furthermore, when Sukeno visits recording for vomic, the director did ask him if he had any request (that time, Sukeno requested that Momiji to talk like Doreamon when she introduced the items). Furthemore, when I looked at the Bibougami staff blog, Sukeno didn't had much role except he came to visit.

    So, I think that the author only has small role for the anime-adaptation like choosing voice actors and request the actors to read a script in specific ways; but, I don't think the mangaka has power on other things like making scripts, character design, drawing scenes, background, special effect, etc., etc.

  9. #1854
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The depths of human reasoning.
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    I'm not sure whether Watase's name value is strong as before. There aren't much well known series after Ayashi no Ceres (I know one series did got a drama); so, I doubt that her name value is strong as Takahashi Rumiko.



    Well, I'm not sure about that part. However, I did some follow what has happened on Binbougami's media attention. For example, when Binbougami gets vomic, the editors did Sukeno for which voice actors that he preferred. Furthermore, when Sukeno visits recording for vomic, the director did ask him if he had any request (that time, Sukeno requested that Momiji to talk like Doreamon when she introduced the items). Furthemore, when I looked at the Bibougami staff blog, Sukeno didn't had much role except he came to visit.

    So, I think that the author only has small role for the anime-adaptation like choosing voice actors and request the actors to read a script in specific ways; but, I don't think the mangaka has power on other things like making scripts, character design, drawing scenes, background, special effect, etc., etc.
    I know they can't like mandate major change in the anime adaption, but it is interesting to know they do have some authority on Voice acting and whatnot. Though we're spinning out of topic here, so I'll leave it in that.

    I wonder if the Magi anime will be done in fall or January? Though longer anime don't usually premier in January, and Magi has enough material to last a little while, if they don't premeditate a year or shorter.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

    Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

  10. #1855
    Negative Syndicate
    Guest

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    I wonder if the Magi anime will be done in fall or January? Though longer anime don't usually premier in January, and Magi has enough material to last a little while, if they don't premeditate a year or shorter.
    I think that's too early. There hasn't any official announcement about Magi's animation, yet. I think the anime announcement usually announce like six months before the actual air date.

  11. #1856
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The depths of human reasoning.
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    I think that's too early. There hasn't any official announcement about Magi's animation, yet. I think the anime announcement usually announce like six months before the actual air date.
    Though there are times that it has beeen a little sooner, like the new HXH. In any case, I guess we'll find out in July (I think.)
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

    Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

  12. #1857
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    17
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    Though there are times that it has beeen a little sooner, like the new HXH. In any case, I guess we'll find out in July (I think.)
    yeah originally it was said that a anime would be announced near the release of the next volume (the OOOs fit the space for the kanji for anime) and since aniplex registered a domain for it i imagine it would be a TV anime and air in the fall.

  13. #1858
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,993
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    I don't think there aren't any chance that Arata will become next animation; I think it'll be just natural end without any media attention like HnA.
    Any quantifiable reason why you would think this? Do you mind explaining how you came to this insight, or are you basing this on nothing more than TOC position? Watase Yuu is a very well known mangaka, she has already had multiple titles adapted to anime or drama. While there is no tangible evidence that Arata will get an anime, there is absolutely no reason to predict the opposite.

    ---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    I think that's too early. There hasn't any official announcement about Magi's animation, yet. I think the anime announcement usually announce like six months before the actual air date.
    It's based on production schedule and the season a title is going to air. Anime do not have to be announced as early as six months in advance, three months in advance is just as common.

  14. #1859
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    17
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    i think magi (if the anime news is true) has a good shot of airing in october since they been hinting about it since january and its when alot of shows that are 26 episodes or more air.

  15. #1860
    Negative Syndicate
    Guest

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Any quantifiable reason why you would think this? Do you mind explaining how you came to this insight, or are you basing this on nothing more than TOC position? Watase Yuu is a very well known mangaka, she has already had multiple titles adapted to anime or drama. While there is no tangible evidence that Arata will get an anime, there is absolutely no reason to predict the opposite.
    Did you even read the conversation between me and Bomber? Or are you just assuming that I'm just saying random things?

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts