Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member StrangerAtaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

Trying a little experiment: a friend of mine who's a huge Weekly Shonen Sunday follower has found a website that updates every week with official (as in officially from Shogakukan) with the ranks from one of the other shonen magazine. Maybe get a bit more interest for them and study their habits compared to more trigger happy magazines (sees Jump). So without further ado:

http://websunday.net/jigou/ (source)

Spoiler: 2010 Covers show
    Last edited by Akiyama; July 17, 2010 at 10:23 PM.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sunday TOC Talkback

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerAtaru
    #41 (September 17th, 2008)
    -Cross Game (cover/color page)
    -Kenichi
    -Kekkaishi
    -Conan
    -MAJOR
    -Saijo no Meii
    -Hayate
    -ZKC
    -Mixim
    -Toraumaister
    -Aoizakura
    -Artist Acro
    -Kongo Bancho
    -Ocha ni Gosu
    -Moonlight Act
    -Hyde & Closer
    -King Golf
    -Mitsuboshi no Speciality
    -Golden Age
    -Maou -Juvinille Remix-
    -Yamiyoru no Eishi (one-shot)
    -Gamble
    -Obou Samba
    Absent: Darren Shan, The World Only God Knows

http://skygarden.shogakukan.co.jp/sk...10108&keitai=0 (source)

Next Week (#42, September 24th)
    -The World Only God Knows (color page)
    -Traumaister (21pg)
    -Cross Game (color page)
    Nice. Let's hope this will start to encourage scanners to do their thing for Sunday AND Jump.
    Last edited by Akiyama; April 04, 2010 at 10:21 PM.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting

Now manga's don't live or die by the TOC in Sunday do they? i mena it's not as bad as Jump right?

I need to catch up on SS series -.-

Anyways just some random thoughts, darn TWOGK is on a break but it gets a color page so YAY!, ummmmm lol i haven't even heard of some of those mangas -.-
    TVFanOnline the podcasting home for all your television needs from Soaps to Primetime hits and even movies TFO is your one stop shop for all your TV Related podcast needs

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Compared to Jump, Sunday is more lax. It can let a series hang out at the bottom for months before cancelling it with the hope it will rise back from it's slump.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What series are scanlated in WSS -

-Cross Game Caught up!
    -Kenichi Not caught up! V18/19 of 30+
    -Kekkaishi Almost caught up!
    -Conan Caught up!
    -MAJOR Not caught up + Missing alot!
    -Saijo no Meii Not caught up
    -Hayate Latest chapters being scanned but there is a gap
    -ZKC WAY behind
    -Mixim Caught up!
    -Toraumaister Not being scanned ;(
    -Aoizakura
    -Artist Acro Not being scanned but the picture on Mangaupdates looks AWESOME!
    -Kongo Bancho Not being scanned
    -Ocha ni Gosu Not being scanned
    -Moonlight Act Not being scanned
    -Hyde & Closer Behind
    -King Golf Not being scanned
    -Mitsuboshi no Speciality Not being scanned
    -Golden Age Not being scanned
    -Maou -Juvinille Remix- Behind (only one chapter released)
    -Yamiyoru no Eishi (one-shot)
    -Gamble Not being scanned
    -Obou Samba Not being scanned
    Darren Shan Behind! (V1/ c1 of v2 scanlated)
    The World Only God Knows Caught up!
    Last edited by ssjohn; September 17, 2008 at 08:57 PM.
    TVFanOnline the podcasting home for all your television needs from Soaps to Primetime hits and even movies TFO is your one stop shop for all your TV Related podcast needs

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Sunday poll for TOC position as well? While I'm familiar with a number of series past and present I'm clueless about it's inner workings (other then Hayate and Conan pimping).

Conan Magic has scanned most of Sunday's covers going back to issue 32 of 2005 and every TOC since issue 18 of this year. They have lots of raws too, just make sure to follow their instructions if you plan on using. Click on Sunday Raws to access.
    Last edited by Kaiten; September 18, 2008 at 12:32 AM.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fxu's Avatar
    Country
    Uruguay
    Post Thanks / Like

Does any of these series included paranormal powers a la Psyren, or something as badass as Gantz?

I love telekinesis and gore and all of that shizzle.
    B I N K T O P I A

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Crayola's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gamble sounds good
    ryColaa Website ryColaa IRC

We NEED staff!!! Looking for Japanese->English Translators, and a Website Designer

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama View Post
    Does Sunday poll for TOC position as well? While I'm familiar with a number of series past and present I'm clueless about it's inner workings (other then Hayate and Conan pimping).

Conan Magic has scanned most of Sunday's covers going back to issue 32 of 2005 and every TOC since issue 18 of this year. They have lots of raws too, just make sure to follow their instructions if you plan on using. Click on Sunday Raws to access.
    Really not sure about how Sunday polls but it probably is a bit more conservative if they allow series to live for a while before chopping them.

Heh...I don't know if I put Onidere on the list above, but I didn't see it and I know it's probably still running.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ginrai's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fxu View Post
    Does any of these series included paranormal powers a la Psyren, or something as badass as Gantz?

I love telekinesis and gore and all of that shizzle.

as telekenis is part of the ESP-phenoma i would say zettai karai children fall under the catogorie and has 2 volumes scanlated atm or with seinen you can might check doredoro perhaps!
    series with a lot off gore you would better check champion red anthology
    dutch2english translator for say hello to black jack[ethic realisation scans]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sunday doesn't do bad ass.

Zettai Karen Children may not be the right fit for Psyren fans despite the ESP. Hopefully someone will pick it up anyway, it looks like a good series. I'd like to see more of Juvenile Remix too.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*sigh* there are times i wish the scanlation community would come together and help each other out for the greater good of the 'industry' / 'people'. I would love if a bunch of editors/translators/text setters would get together to help play catch up with alot of these series.

Like do one HUGE 'Shonen Sunday' colaberation group ala Ossu!

I mean we would need scanners as well but how awesome would it be to have a bunch of the sports fans get together and catch up on Major, King Gold and Golden Age.

Have the fighting fans help catch up Kenichi and so on.

I know it will never happen because everyone has to do the 'popular' titles but arggggg sometimes i just wonder how awesome would it be to get a bunch of people together and really collaborate on a huge project like catching on on SS manga's.

And hey you could even add it to your group's release list :P *tries to upsell the idea at the last minute*

Anyways just a thought

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Would be nice if some of the Bleach/Naruto teams picked up a Sunday series instead. Nothing against those series (I read both) but does the net really need ten LQ scans a week when there are so many good series from Sunday and ShoMag with little or no web presence. I wish shonen was like shojo; you don't see every group releasing redundant Vampire Knight and Ouran chapters, instead you see groups like Aerandria dedicated to doing HQ scans of series both big and obscure.

It's nice to see that the World God Only Knows got such a strong response so quickly. It's a fun series and it's nice that a new Sunday series got picked up right away for a change.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of amazing Sunday series, both those we know of and those that get forgotten out there. Heck, look at the Sunday series that did get bigger recently and how long it took: Kenichi pretty much mushroomed thanks to it's anime, Hayate really seemed rather invisible in the US until the anime and Viz, and even ZKC, which has an anime from a well known Sunday mangaka (well OK Shiina isn't as known as Adachi, Anzai or especially Takahashi but blame Mikami for never really breaking through)...has two chapters scanslated and that's it. Heck, even compare the popularity of Conan to the massiveness of Naruto or Bleach and that's one of the biggest Sunday series! Many of these series could get the followings that many of the minor Jump series have currently but we just have to wake people to it. And I think somehow we're on the first step of that path...I hope.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This kinda reminds me of 'early' jump days lol, I remember going to Ritual's forum looking at page by page raws of a few series and looking all over for raws or scanlations of series.

Pre-Mangahelpers Jump really consisted of Naruto (Inane / Orange Tangerine/ Shinaro / Supercrappyspeed group), One piece (Null), Prince of Tennis (With a huge gap FET), Death Note (Orange Tangerine / We The Fans), Bleach (Manga-rain / bleach7 lol i still remember when B7 launched and there was a huge controversy over M7 using MR's translations) and then the rest of the manga's if scanned were behind (Eyeshield 21 by FM, WaqWaq by OT, Mieru Hito by FM/BWYS and a few others.)

The whole magazine really didn't get scanned raw until Mangahelpers and even now there are still a few series that are not scanlated on a weekly base (Jaguar, Gintama , Neuro , etc).

Quote Quote:
    It's nice to see that the World God Only Knows got such a strong response so quickly. It's a fun series and it's nice that a new Sunday series got picked up right away for a change.
    I agree, I wish TBSS (SNM) was scanned faster lol I am a sucker for medical storylines -.-

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast