Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Databook 3 - Hiden: Sha no Sho - HQ Scanlation Project

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eaballer10's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Databook 3 - Hiden: Sha no Sho - HQ Scanlation Project

Quote Originally Posted by Iwashi View Post
    Nice thead eaballer10. I was wondering if I could be of any help. I have the data book and know a considerable amount of Japanese
    Also I was just going to say, this is actually the 4th Databook. The 3rd one was Tou no Sho, 2nd was Rin no Sho, Can't remember the name of the first but it had a blue cover with Kakashi and Naruto. XD Sorry if it sounds like i'm nitpicking. >.<
    Hello, Iwashi. Nice to meet you. Yes, you could be of great assistance! We are in dire need of translators, so it would great if you could help the effort in any way, at all. I'm kind of a nitpicker myself, and I am very adamant about doing things in order. So, if you could start from the beginning by doing Akamaru's translation (Page 15), then that would be wonderful!!

Oh, and as far as the number of Databooks go, there have definitely been more than three. We also can't forget about the Hero Book that released last year~ish that was half One Piece, half Naruto. However, most people consider this Databook the 3rd OFFICIAL databook, so we all decided to stick with that. I guess the only thing that really matters is that we get the name of the Databook right, though

Thank you very much for your time and consideration, Iwashi!!!

Check out Urakai.com now! Kekkaishi is one of the best Shōnen manga out there!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

eaballer, can you give me the fonts with you write de names in kanjis and the names in our lenguaje in the black panels, please

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fonts....

Kanji/Romaji = DFP-Mincho
    Frames = Felt
    Index = Anime Ace
    Page Numbers = Arial
    Shinobi Rank = Anime Ace
    Name Background (Gray) = Impact
    Shinobi Information Boxes = Adams
    Paragraphs = Abadi MT Condensed
    Character Quotes = AcmoSSK
    Headers = Ace
    Speech Bubbles = Wild Words

I might be missing a few; not sure. Anyhow, I'll upload a font pack later, but as for now, I believe you can find most of these fonts at www.dafont.com.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eaballer10 View Post
    Fonts....

Kanji/Romaji = DFP-Mincho
    Frames = Felt
    Index = Anime Ace
    Page Numbers = Arial
    Shinobi Rank = Anime Ace
    Name Background (Gray) = Impact
    Shinobi Information Boxes = Adams
    Paragraphs = Abadi MT Condensed
    Character Quotes = AcmoSSK
    Headers = Ace
    Speech Bubbles = Wild Words

I might be missing a few; not sure. Anyhow, I'll upload a font pack later, but as for now, I believe you can find most of these fonts at www.dafont.com.
    thanks, you`re grat eaballer

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tora-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iwashi View Post
    Nice thead eaballer10. I was wondering if I could be of any help. I have the data book and know a considerable amount of Japanese
    Also I was just going to say, this is actually the 4th Databook. The 3rd one was Tou no Sho, 2nd was Rin no Sho, Can't remember the name of the first but it had a blue cover with Kakashi and Naruto. XD Sorry if it sounds like i'm nitpicking. >.<

Sorry for butting in from nowhere ==;

The reason why this is considered the "3rd databook" is that the second book ever released, Hyou no Sho, is actually a "fanbook" (i.e. it doesn't have character pages, stats, and so on), so everybody tends to skip on that.. The fanbook does have some interesting piece of info and is entertaining, but I guess people prefer to have the data first.

Anyway, after moving and all I *might* be going back to my translating pace, so new databook translations might be expected from me "soon", together with random chapter translations since I also have to catch up on those.. Just be aware that I don't have DSL in my house (I'm currently in the university library), so that will make me slower...

Wanna read my databook translations? Click here!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Roronoa23's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Somebody have naruto's databooks I, II translated?
    if you have...plz..post the link(s) here

arigato

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

hey would anyone know what the databooks are called in english? and is it the same information?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

phew... the posting rules were blocking this section for a little bit, so I hadn't made a post here in a while. So let's update just a little bit.

Firstly, this project is NOT dead. I'm actually still very enthusiastic about it and have been working on it behind the scenes. I simply haven't really been updating this thread very much. However, big and great things are coming in the advancement of this project very soon.. ^_^

EDIT:

Also, roronoa23 the first two databooks were not completely translated; only partially. If you search and read some other threads in this sections, you will find all your answers.

And luap2000, I don't fully understand your question. The databooks are in japanese, not english, hence the need of this project. And yes, all the information is the same.
    Last edited by eaballer10; December 04, 2008 at 02:17 PM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

when they release the databooks in the usa are they have the same set out and information as the jap released databooks? the reason i ask, is that i've tried to find the databooks in english hear in Australia but i can't find them. the only books are heaps childish. hope this help you understand what i mean.

thanks heaps

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hasan's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

eaballer10 I hope that project really isn’t dead! Maybe you should cooperate with translators from other forums? As far as my knowledge is concerned Gottheim (onemanga) and ShounenSuki (narutoforums) are translating databook #3. Maybe if you ask them, they would join this project. Or at least they would agree to use their translations in your scans.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Hasan, for the links. I was on the prowl for more translations Anyhow, ShounenSuki has already allowed the use of his/her translations and will be contributing to this project greatly soon enough. I've already updated the first thread with links to all the translations that they have done so far (except for the jutsu). I have plenty [more] things to work on now.

This project is not even close to slowing down.

Added two character profiles today:

Akimichi Chouji
    Kyuubi No Youko

Thanks to ShounenSuki for the translations.

Got plenty more profiles and jutsu to work on...
    Last edited by eaballer10; December 10, 2008 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick comment if anyone cares:

The word "him" is missing an "h" in Choji's entry
    The word "village" is missing an "l" in Suigetsu's entry.

Other than that, excellent work. I hope this gets completed all the way through.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocklee0036 View Post
    Just a quick comment if anyone cares:

The word "him" is missing an "h" in Choji's entry
    The word "village" is missing an "l" in Suigetsu's entry.

Other than that, excellent work. I hope this gets completed all the way through.
    Thank you very much, rocklee0036... I was definitely going to be looking for a Quality Checker for this project sooner or later. Feel free to volunteer if you'd like. I need someone to notice the things you picked out.

Having done all the scanlations by myself, I see several mistakes all over the place. One example is that Stored" should read "Stored" at the bottom of Gerotora's profile (page 72). But, of course, there are things I am bound to miss.

So if you'd like to help point out the minor mistakes here and there, please, by all means, do so.

Oh, and I'm definitely planning on completing this project ^_^.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Wannabe's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can do quality checking if it helps...just tell me where to start.

I can also do some transcripts. I already have all of Minato’s page excluding his stats if anyone wants it...just tell me where to post it. I’ll probably do Kushina’s page, too.

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gottheim's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello. That's a nice project you have here, OP. I lurk around here from time to time, in order to get raws and better translations for each week's chapter. But since you intend to include my work into your project, I guess I have to warn you: the main text translation for Hinata contains a comment between parenthesis that was added by me as a joke, and it should be regarded as such.

Also, Orochimaru's translation is not complete: I was too lazy to do the picture comments, and actually they were a bit difficult for me to translate, so if anyone wants to do them, go ahead. The other translations are perfectly fine, just have them checked for accuracy if you can.

Edit: I'm already done with Shodai's transcription, ad I'll release the translation as soon as I can.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast