Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Pazuzu]Databook 3 - Characters

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Pazuzu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Databook 3 Requests? Post them here!

If you have requests, toss them in here and I'll get them done as soon as I can. I can't promise getting them done nownownow, since I do have a full-time job and all, but I'll work hard at getting them all translated and shiny. =D

A couple of stipulations:

- I'm currently doing character and jutsu entries only, no side entries like Akatsuki and Hebi/Taka/whatever they call themselves now.
    This is partly because I prefer doing proper focused entries, and partly for practicality: the side entries tend to have a lot of small text that blurs in the currently-available scans.

- Be reasonable with your requests.
    Nobody wants to sign on and see someone asking them to translate half of the databook. I won't give a max limit, but be sensible and take a look at how long the entries you're requesting are. I'm human too, and if I see someone asking me to translate ridiculous amounts of stuff, I go "meh, effort" and move on.

- Be civil.
    If you're waiting for your entry to get done, relax. Someone else probably asked for Naruto or someone beforehand, and those massive ones take time. Plus, it helps if you're nice about it in the first place.
    Hint: "Translate this." is not a good opener.

- Ask before you replicate my work.
    While I'm posting these for anyone and everyone, ask me before you post these somewhere else, or use them in scanlations. The exception is Narutoforums, anyone can post stuff there.
    If in doubt, just link to the thread with the entry in it.
    Last edited by Pazuzu; September 21, 2008 at 05:41 AM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

[Pazuzu]Databook 3 - Characters

Character bios Pazuzu translated:

Tenten

Hyuuga Neji
    Rock Lee
    Maito Gai
    Hoozuki Suigetsu
    Juugo
    Danzou

merged threads and added Index ~vintage

As promised long ago, my first character from a databook is always Tenten.

Taking requests!

---------

Tenten

Ninja ID: 012753
    Birthday: 9th March (Pisces)
    Height: 164cm
    Weight: 47.3kg
    Blood Type: B
    Personality: Diehard researcher, busybody, tact of a sledgehammer
    Favourite food: Baozi, Zhimazao
    Least favourte food: Umeboshi
    Wants to fight: Temari, Sakura
    Favourite phrase: "I never miss my mark!"
    Hobby: Fortune-telling

Graduated the Academy at 12
    Became a Chuunin at 15

Missions completed:
    D-Rank: 28
    C-Rank: 23
    B-Rank: 3
    A-Rank: 7
    S-Rank: 1

She dances a deadly dance with innumerable blades flying through the air around her!

- Her speciality is a two-stage attack using exploding tags. She now uses more weapons than ever before.
    - She uses her weapons to hold off her enemies, then works in perfect sychronisation with Lee and Neji to corner them.
    - One of her most important roles in the team is to keep Gai and Lee focused, because who knows where they'd end up if they're not concentrating.

She polishes and sharpens her weapons every day to be as sharp and deadly as possible, and it shows. Even Akatsuki were caught off-guard by the variety of weapons that Tenten brought into battle! But that's not all Tenten does. Her calm demeanour and focus guide the team through their missions, and when it's battle time, her long-range attacks allow her team to take the initiative. If Tenten weren't there, none of her other team members would be able to use their own ability to the fullest. For Team Gai, where each individual member is already extremely strong, Tenten is the vital element that cements them together.
    Last edited by vintagemistakes; January 02, 2011 at 08:02 PM.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner apathiapathos's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Databook 3 - Characters: Tenten

The 'tact of a sledgehammer' thing cracked me up. Something tells me Tenten fits on her team a lot more than she would like to admit

Thank you so much for the early translations!

If you are taking requests here, I'd like to loosely request any (or all ) members of Team Gai, as I am happy with any of the rest of the three being translated next. If I had to choose in order, I'd say Neji, Gai, then Lee, but whichever one you feel most comfortable with.

Tenten is so cute.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Databook 3 - Characters: Hyuuga Neji

Next up, our favourite Hyuuga and my favourite character.

---

Hyuuga Neji

Ninja ID: 012587
    Birthday: 3rd July (Cancer)
    Height: 172.1cm
    Weight: 54.2kg
    Blood Type: O
    Personality: Cool-tempered, Realist
    Favourite food: Herring soba
    Least favourite food: Pumpkin
    Wants to fight: Naruto
    Favourite phrase: "Progress in leaps and bounds."
    Hobby: Meditation

Became a Chuunin at 15

Missions completed:
    D-Rank: 26
    C-Rank: 19
    B-Rank: 4
    A-Rank: 11
    S-Rank: 2

The genius of Hyuuga leaps ahead, with neither cloud nor mist obscuring his keen eyes!

- His easy use of the Byakugan clearly stems from his excellent analysis and judgement skills.
    - The basis of his strength lies in his ability to see precise chakra flow and his unrivalled tenketsu-hitting taijutsu.
    - Through hard work and study along with his natural gifts, nothing can elude Neji's vision!
    - The calm, rational Neji. The hot-blooded, zealous Lee. Could there be a more well-known team?

Even among the Hyuuga, the clan styling themselves as the "strongest clan in Konoha", Neji's ability surpasses all other Hyuuga. He believed himself to be cursed as a member of the branch family, and held a great loathing for the main family and the village in general. However, his peers in his family and village have melted his heart of ice, and now he fights for his village and his friends. He now stands as a true Konoha ninja, and rose rapidly to the rank of jounin. He has now even surpassed his clan and with his prodigious ability, he is now highly respected among the youth of Konoha.

7. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member body flicker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

could u translate these pages please ^^

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show
    Last edited by body flicker; September 20, 2008 at 12:38 PM.

Sig & Avatar made by DannyG

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sakata Gintoki's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pazuzu. Can you translate these pages, please?

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner apathiapathos's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How inconsiderate of me I didn't even provide you with the pages! I'm sorry!

Rock Lee
    Spoiler show

Might Guy/Maito Gai
    Spoiler show

Also, if you could do

Danzou
    Spoiler show

Or Sai afterward

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

That would be very kind of you

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9211/12mh2.jpg

Can you translate the stuff about that shuriken jutsu for me please? Also, Oodama Rasengan:

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/2566/12676075jo5.jpg

Thank you.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Toboe LoneWolf's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for this translation! Tenten's so often overlooked. ...Did you really make a promise that the first character you'd translate from a databook would be Tenten?
    ...And so he howled, long and plaintive, woebegone and heartsore, yearning for what was and what would never come again.

Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner rene_01's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apathiapathos View Post
    How inconsiderate of me I didn't even provide you with the pages! I'm sorry!

Rock Lee
    Spoiler show

Might Guy/Maito Gai
    Spoiler show

Also, if you could do

Danzou
    Spoiler show

Or Sai afterward

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

That would be very kind of you
    i will like this one to ^_^ specialy the ones os rock lee and sai

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Databook 3 - Characters: Rock Lee

You know, I do like all of Team Gai quite a lot. It helps that Lee's birthday is right before mine. And I do think Lee's spirit of hard work should be an inspiration to everyone. It is to me.

---

Rock Lee

Ninja ID: 012561
    Birthday: 27th November (Sagittarius)
    Height: 172cm
    Weight: 54.7kg
    Blood Type: A
    Personality: Zealous, loves training
    Favourite food: Chinese-style curry rice, curry pilaf
    Least favourite food: Doesn't have any
    Wants to fight: Sasuke, Neji, Gaara, Naruto
    Favourite phrase: "All you need is hard work, guts and love!"
    Hobby: Hard work

Became a Chuunin at 15

Missions completed:
    D-Rank: 25
    C-Rank: 21
    B-Rank: 4
    A-Rank: 10
    S-Rank: 1

The great green beast gallops to great heights, with a heart and fists inherited from his master!

- Team Gai is definitely a taijutsu team. With carefully-controlled breathing, they work together flawlessly to deliver a range of attacks, cornering Kisame.
    - Lee tries to learn all of Gai's techniques. Even while on missions, his training never ends.
    - He works towards reaching and possibly surpassing his master. But when it comes to vigour and eagerness, he even surpasses Gai! When the two of them are together, the word "impossible" just doesn't exist any more!

For someone like Lee, who was dismissed as utterly talentless, taijutsu was his one ray of light. He has always and will always respect Gai as the main who showed him the light at the end of the tunnel and guided him along his path, and maintains his insatiable urge to keep working at improving himself. The spirit of hard work he inheried from his master is a part of him forever, which was demonstrated splendidly in the surprise attack against Hoshigaki Kisame. He has been though terrible training, experienced fierce setbacks, and is now at the stage where he could be considerd a master, however Lee's training will never end. He remains stoic in his never-ending drive to train himself and develop himself!

15. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toboe LoneWolf View Post
    Thank you so much for this translation! Tenten's so often overlooked. ...Did you really make a promise that the first character you'd translate from a databook would be Tenten?
    Yep. One of my friends is most likely her biggest fan ever, which is nice since she's so often overlooked and Kishimoto constantly seems to be shafting her over and over. So I promised that Tenten would always come first, so at least then she'd get some attention.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Moved all the posts from the Tenten thread over here.
    Last edited by Pazuzu; September 21, 2008 at 05:42 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Databook 3 - Characters: Maito Gai

Gai is so much like Lee, it's great. And he seems to be the only team head who's successfuly taught his team the value of teamwork.

----

Maito Gai

Ninja ID: 010252
    Birthday: 1st January (Capricorn)
    Height: 184cm
    Weight: 76kg
    Blood Type: B
    Personality: Passionate, moved to tears easily
    Favourite food: Really hot curry rice, curry udon
    Least favourite food: Loves them all!
    Wants to fight: Kakashi!
    Favourite phrase: "Burn with the flame of YOUTH!"
    Hobby: *see notes below*

Graduated the Academy at 7
    Became a Chuunin at 11

Missions completed:
    D-Rank: 86
    C-Rank: 270
    B-Rank: 210
    A-Rank: 199
    S-Rank: 23

With hot-blooded zeal pulsing through his veins, his fists are like swallows taking flight!

- He dodges like a flash, then wields his body like a weapon to smash against his opponent!
    - A master of hand-to-hand combat, Gai is also highly proficient with weapons. But he prefers to use bladeless weapons.
    - Gai looks nowhere but forwards. Since he never looks back, maybe his memory's been slightly affected...

A body tempered like steel, and taijutsu that can shatter boulders... But neither of those are the true source of Gai's strength. Rather, it is his constant eye forward, his unending desire to work to reach new heights. This is what made him a taijutsu user able to stand toe to toe with an Akatsuki member. Gai focuses everything on improving himself, and will willingly put his life on the line. Gai's way of life has been passed on to his students, who don't just think of their own needs, but of the needs of their entire team. Becoming highly proficient on their own, then using teamwork to reach even greater heights... Gai's teachings of the vigour of youth now show brilliant results!

Note:
    Gai's primary hobby is a thing that in Japanese is called 反復横飛び (hanpuku yoko-tobi), or repeated side-stepping. You have three lines marked on the floor, and you basically sidestep quickly back and forth across all three lines. It's mostly endurance training, as you have to keep going for a set period of time, while focusing on doing it right.

An applied variation of the training is to do it while moving forwards. This is often done with a rope-ladder laid across the floor, and you have to sidestep in and out of each rung, while moving forward along the rungs.
    This is part of a style of training called SAQ, or speed-agility-quickness training, and is often used with runners, hurdle-jumpers or competitive martial artists, to increase speed and stamina while maintaining agility and precision of movement.

You can see the first style of training in the last two pictures here: http://www.noshitech-h.akita-c.ed.jp...o/akuryoku.htm
    The second style looks like this: http://purestrengthstore.com/images/...y%20Ladder.jpg

Gai also likes hitting mitts.
    Last edited by Pazuzu; September 21, 2008 at 07:16 AM.

19. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Databook 3 Requests? Post them here!

Since I’m curious to know if the frog key entry has more information on the key I would appreciate it if you could translate this page:

Spoiler show

Also, if you feel like can you translate Pa frog too? Thanks.
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast