Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite FMA pairing?

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your favorite FMA pairing?

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this, so I apologize to the mods in advance.

What is your favorite FMA pairing?

I know Romance is not the main focus of FMA, but I do think Romance is also part of this awesome series. So with that in mind, what is/are your favorite pairing(s) in FMA?

Here are mine:

1)Roy and Riza
    2)Winry and Ed
    3)Ling and La Fan
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member endless_dream's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is your favorite FMA pairing?

My favorite pairing would most definitely be EdxWinry RoyxRiza and LingxRanfan are tied as my second favorites...among the two pairings, i can't decide which is better...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    1)Roy and Riza
    2)Winry and Ed
    3)Ling and La Fan
    Hmm you put the dominant character in the relations first ? :P Winry ! lol

nice topic, the relations sure do play a role in the story. Its part of their character as well as a drive/motivation to go on.
    Specialy when it comes to Roy&Riza they got a very special bond.

My fav pairing... hard to say haha. Izumi and Sigg Curtis are a good couple. The way Sigg stands up for her while he got no powers other then well his muscles lol. And Izumi always is a great character in the story.
    I like to see them in the story whenever they show up im happy. Even tho they are not main cast so to me thats a great +.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by endless_dream View Post
    My favorite pairing would most definitely be EdxWinry
    To be honest, I wasn’t a shipper of this pairing when I started watching the anime, I mean, it’s not that I disliked the pairing I just wasn’t a huge fan of it. However, the episode when Winry finds that Scar is the murderer of her parents and the ending scene in that episode when Ed protects Winry from Scar and then comforts her while she is crying her heart out made me an Ed x Winry shipper!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    Hmm you put the dominant character in the relations first ? :P Winry ! lol
    No, I didn’t. In fact, I didn’t even notice that until you mentioned it. However, in the Roy x Riza pairing, isn’t Riza the dominant one?

Izumi and Sigg Curtis are a good couple. The way Sigg stands up for her while he got no powers other then well his muscles lol. And Izumi always is a great character in the story.
    I like to see them in the story whenever they show up im happy. Even tho they are not main cast so to me thats a great +.
    Yes, Izumi x Sigg is another awesome pairing. They are so devoted to each other. It’s also great how the physically contrast each other. Sigg is super tall, Izumi is of regular height. Sigg is full of muscles, while Izumi is fairly thin.

I like this married couple very much too and just as you, I’m happy whenever they appear in the story .
    Last edited by destiny4ever; October 22, 2009 at 09:54 AM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    No, I didn’t. In fact, I didn’t even notice that until you mentioned it. However, in the Roy x Riza pairing, isn’t Riza the dominant one?
    Hmm from time to time i guess. Mustang is the one in charge at work tho. But in private i bet she whips him around! lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm from time to time i guess.
    Yes, I think you’re right. Sometimes it’s Roy, and sometimes it’s Riza.

Mustang is the one in charge at work tho. But in private i bet she whips him around! lol
    LOL

Well, it’s true Roy is her boss, but I remember one scene when Riza was “ordering” Roy to don’t slack off and finish doing his paperwork or something like that. And another scene when Riza is gone from the office and as soon as she is gone Roy’s subordinates start commenting how Riza is sort of a babysitter for Roy. So I guess Riza is sometimes in charge at work too.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm yeah but thats when hes acting like he is tho, the one hes on the phone with is Riza!. So the subordinates are sort of off.
    Also Mustang only breaks the rules when shes in danger. When he charges in half dead to fight Lust to save her for instance. And at the tower with Gluttony.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm yeah but thats when hes acting like he is tho, the one hes on the phone with is Riza!. So the subordinates are sort of off.
    Yes, you are right. That instance doesn’t count.

Also Mustang only breaks the rules when shes in danger. When he charges in half dead to fight Lust to save her for instance. And at the tower with Gluttony.
    And that’s one of the reasons why I love Roy. Because he doesn’t care about breaking the rules if it means helping/protecting the people he cares about. And regarding the scenes you are referring to, Roy was the one in charge without a doubt!!!

I just finished reading chapter 56 and it made me love my 3 fav pairings even more, in fact, the space between Roy x Liza and Winry x Ed had become shorter than before which means I like Winry x Ed a tad more than before. And yay! Ling hasn’t disappeared completely!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; October 23, 2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

My choices are:
    - Roy and Riza
    - Winry and Ed

their pairings are just hilarious as well as

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~S.a.k.u.r.a. no HaNa~ View Post
    My choices are:
    - Roy and Riza
    - Winry and Ed

their pairings are just hilarious as well as
    I agree, the interactions between the members of those pairings are very funny, especially between Winry and Ed.

After reading chapter 85, I need to add one more pairing to my list:

4) Trisha x Hohenheim

She loved him without caring he was different, and he loved her to the point of wanting to grow old together and dying with her.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; October 27, 2009 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

She knew he was ancient compared to her, the anime even shows a young teen version of her. So it realy is something special. Sad she died so young.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

She knew he was ancient compared to her, the anime even shows a young teen version of her. So it realy is something special. Sad she died so young.
    Yes, it was something special indeed. It know it’s going to sound corny, but between Trisha and Hohenheim there was true love, real love, the one that not even death can kill.

And yes, it was very sad that she could not fulfill their promise and died so young.
    --------------------
    I just finished reading chapter 94, and reading this chapter not only made me love Roy x Riza even more than before but it also made me want to add another pairing to my list:

Maria Ross x Denny Brosh. <3~
    Last edited by destiny4ever; October 28, 2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

TrishaxHohenheim makes me think about Highlander ( who wants to live forever) lol.

Maria Ross x Denny Brosh is a nice pairing tho its more of a 1 way thing realy. All the other pairings arnt

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maria Ross x Denny Brosh is a nice pairing tho its more of a 1 way thing realy. All the other pairings arnt
    It’s true Maria Ross x Denny Brosh is an unrequited love (Denny's), but we can’t deny that Maria does care for Denny so there’s still a little bit of hope for this pairing.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mushashi's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

roy and hawkeye
    winry and ed
    and may and alphnose need to get together tehheeee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast