Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

Thread: Who is your favorite girl in FMA?

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is your favorite girl in FMA?

What is your favorite girl in FMA?

One of the things I like very much about FMA is the fact that there are very cool girls in this series.
    The female characters in FMA are not just there to look pretty or be the damsels in distress; FMA girls are actually very interesting and great. So I was wondering…what is your favorite FMA girl?

Here’s my answer:
    1)Riza
    2)Winry
    3)Olivia
    4)La Fang
    5)Mei Chan
    6)Izumi
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is your favorite girl in FMA?

You seemed to have named most of the prominent female characters there. I suppose my favorites would be Izumi, Olivia, Lust, Mei Chan, and Riza.

I like Izumi, because she is strong, yet maternal and so much like Ed. It is nice having a strong female alchemist in the story who plays such an integral role to the plot.

Olivia is another amazing, strong female character. Her character is ruthless and wise. She is like a perfect example of how I might picture a modern-day (well, contemporary is probably a better word here) Athena in this story. She is ruthless, wise, and fearless on battle. In a story rife with supernatural powers, she still manages to be an imposing combatant relying solely on swordplay. (Plus, truly skilled swordswomen are not that common in manga, especially shounen.)

Lust was a great villain (femme fatale), and I'm still sad that she was completely taken out of the series. I wish Father could have remade her so that she could be present during the final battles.

I like Mei Chan for her cuteness, her chibi panda, and her rentanjutsu. There is not much more to say on her. I also included Riza on the list mainly because of her interactions with Roy being touching (probably my favorite FMA pairing). Beyond that though, I find her character rather flat and sort of uninteresting.

destiny4ever, perhaps you would like to share what about the characters you've named as your favorite females makes them your favorites?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

My favs hmmmm the nr 1 should always be the first in mind so that be Winry by the rest i need to think a bit about.

1) Winry
    2) Riza
    3) Izumi
    4) Lan Fan
    5) Maria Ross

Ill explain nr 5. She realy doest have a big role tho the chapters that do feature her are memorable and stick to me so thats why ^^.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukisama View Post
    destiny4ever, perhaps you would like to share what about the characters you've named as your favorite females makes them your favorites?
    Sure. And you can just call me Destiny.

1)Riza
    I like Riza because I love her interactions with Roy. Yes, I’m a Riza x Roy fan. I also like the fact that she is strong, brave, loyal, intelligent, kind and caring. I find her interesting for of all the characteristics previously mentioned and because I think she is very guarded and strong because she is protecting herself, I think Riza is in reality afraid of being hurt and is a sensitive girl. That’s why I really enjoy scenes when she lets that side of her become apparent.

2)Winry
    I like Winry because she is strong, she is hardworking, she is smart, she is kind, and she is caring. However, I must admit that I don’t like Winry’s violent side very much.

3)Olivia
    Olivia is another amazing, strong female character. Her character is ruthless and wise. She is like a perfect example of how I might picture a modern-day (well, contemporary is probably a better word here) Athena in this story.
    ITA and I love how you compared her with a modern-day Athena. Excellent comparison Tsukisama! And I also like Olvia because of how confident she is in herself, because of how loyal she is with her friends and subordinates, and because how brave she is.

4)La Fang
    I like La Fang because of her interactions with Lin. Yes, I’m a La Fang x Lin shipper too. I also like her because of how strong and brave she is, and because of her loyalty, love and devotion to Lin and her clan.

5)Mei Chan
    I like Mei Chan for her cuteness, her chibi panda, and her rentanjutsu.
    ITA. I also like Mei Chan because the effect she had on Scar and because even though she is very young, she is a capable and very brave fighter.

6)Izumi
    I like Izumi, because she is strong, yet maternal
    ITA with you again.

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    5) Maria Ross

Ill explain nr 5. She realy doest have a big role tho the chapters that do feature her are memorable and stick to me so thats why ^^.
    I completely agree with you. I also like Maria because when she was given the choice whether to give up and accept an unfair death or to escape and risk it all, she chose the latter one.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; October 28, 2009 at 11:28 AM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Mei Chan for her cuteness, her chibi panda, and her rentanjutsu.
    Yup, i just can't resist her cuteness & cleverness (that's why she's my most favorite female character in fma)

Second choices for me are Winry & Riza, both are strong-willed ladies with caring attitude especially for their love ones.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member killbill's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Riza Hawkeye
    2. Olivia
    hmmm i guess that's it i don't really like the other female characters..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

FMA is an excellent example of writing excellent female leads, which sadly, the vast majority of today's authors seem unable to do. Top 5 in no particular order:

01: Riza
    02: Olivia
    03: Lust
    04: Izumi
    05: La Fang

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is your favorite girl in FMA?

its pretty much the only shounen with good female characters, maybe besides Claymore, since every character is female in that one >_>

anyway my favorites are Olivier and Lan Fang, totally badass and good characters at the same time. I remember in the old FMA, they talked about Armstrong's other sister, but it was mostly comedic lol

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah but that was the first anime only. I understand why animes got filler and such but to know how much FMA1 differs from brotherhood and the manga is shocking realy.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    yeah but that was the first anime only. I understand why animes got filler and such but to know how much FMA1 differs from brotherhood and the manga is shocking realy.
    I thought that Armstrong's little sister originally came from a gaiden/extra chapter of the manga (volume 7)..?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaime F.'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite female character's Lan Fan. She's a well designed character as far as looks go, but I really admire her for her bravery, and dedication to protect Ling. I guess the fact that she missing an arm, and it doesn't stop her, makes her admirable to. Riza's comes in second for me. Riza, and Lan Fan are similar in their desire to protect. I also like how Hawkeye handles a gun. My third favorite would have to be Mei Chan, although I thought of Winry to. I always thought Mei was adorable. Besides that, her use of alchemy, and martial art's makes her fun to watch. I also like her imagination when it comes to having a crush on either of the Elric brothers. Of course Ed didn't live up to her imagination, but Al's still a mystery for her.
    www.myspace.com/jamieflor
    http://www.youtube.com/user/therestlessminds
    For those of u that remember me, I'm currently adding another song to my album. It should be done by March 2011 @ the latest. sig pic by: Nanocigt

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mushashi's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

winry because shes cute and i love how she goes crazy on ed about his automail and how she acts in charge

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member naruto91's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

lan fang!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Olivia's definitely my favorite. She's too badass.
    Second would be Ran Fan. Third would be Izumi.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Mei - So kawaiiii, young & intelligent (a bit clumsy and foolish at times though). Rentanjutsu. :3 Her martial arts is to die for! Extremely underrated fighter imo. *THE PANDA! FMA would not be the same without Xiao-Mei; my favourite FMA character.*

Riza is annoying. If there is one character that ever needed to be re-designed/drawn, it would be Lust. She isn't sexy or hot or lust-like imo anyway.