Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who or What is "father"?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member glasskatana's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who or What is "father"?

The Father of the Homunculus. The man who pulls the strings behind the curtains. The most powerful and scary enemy to date. Just what the HELL is he? How can he stop alchemy with his will? I have my own theory but I'd like to hear yours. Tell me your opinions.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ILUVATAR's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who or What is "father"?

i really believe that what he did at that time was not stopping alchemy.... it was something else. it had something to do with the alchemy the Elrics used. not Scar neither that little girl got affected by that "light", Envy was ready to say something but "father" stoped him... darn.
    to think that their alchemy got canceled.... what a terrifying thought.... well, at least maybe now Scar will become their ally and allongside with that little girl they will alltogether combine their knowledge over alchemy to overthrow that "barrier" o dear, that was spoiling
    *When you laugh, it's as though the world becomes, just a little, a nicer place.
    *Being alone is scary. Solitude is scary.
    *I have rushed here, when i was summoned. Because you were crying. You were sobbing as if you were screaming.
    *The nights that morning will never come doesn't exist.
    *More than anyone could ever admire you, this is the definite truth, I like you...
    *Because you are like the sky, causing me pain in love... because I love you.
    *Did you hear? Did i reach you?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry. Chapters for FMA are a full month apart. If it's not from the most recent chapter it probably won't be considered a spoiler.

Anyway, he managed to stop all the alchemy around a certain area. Maybe even within the whole of Amestris. I think he's a normal human who found his way to the gate and managed to perform alchemy within the gate. He now has a part of the gate within his own body and this is where he houses all those philosopher's stones. Also, I believe that he infuses the philosopher's stones with his "sin" or emotion to give them a personality. Since he has no 'sin' and since he has become part of the 'truth' he considers hiimself a higher being. That's my theory in a nutshell.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Luckas's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I put a question in the spoiler tag.
    Spoiler show

I'm not sure, what do ypu think?

Unconsciousness is my destiny, my joy but also my desperation.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is. I think Ed's dad was spawned from him. That or their twins and the father is what you'd call an evil twin.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Luckas's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glasskatana
    Yes it is. I think Ed's dad was spawned from him. That or their twins and the father is what you'd call an evil twin.
    I think that Ed's father created this "father of homunculus" and then devoted his life to destroy him. That could explain why he abonded his family, but I don't know if this could be negated by the cronology fo FMA.

Unconsciousness is my destiny, my joy but also my desperation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ILUVATAR's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

i really don't know what to think about Hohenheim..... or he was created by that "father" and he got away (like Greed did) and he know tryies somehow to stop his doings OR he created the "father" and he is trying desperatly to correct that mistake of his
    *When you laugh, it's as though the world becomes, just a little, a nicer place.
    *Being alone is scary. Solitude is scary.
    *I have rushed here, when i was summoned. Because you were crying. You were sobbing as if you were screaming.
    *The nights that morning will never come doesn't exist.
    *More than anyone could ever admire you, this is the definite truth, I like you...
    *Because you are like the sky, causing me pain in love... because I love you.
    *Did you hear? Did i reach you?

Undercover Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlueChild's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Hohenheim the first to create a Homunculus...? or am i wrong now? o.o

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChild
    Wasn't Hohenheim the first to create a Homunculus...? or am i wrong now? o.o
    you're thinking of the anime my friend.

Undercover Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlueChild's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

oops ^^;

sorry, seems like i mixed it up

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He is a piece of CHEESE!

Naw not really, he is obviously a crzed muffin (or smurf) bent on ruling the world because he wasn't allowed to experiment on other smurfs....

Now the real explanation, I have no clue

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I stick with my original theory, though for all we know he may just be...a piece of cheese.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no clue but i'll venture a guess.

I say he is some ancient alchemist who turned that city(it's name escapes me) into a very large philosopher's stone then bound his soul to it. Meaning his body is a huge philosopher's stone hence the crazy powers and the ability to separate a small part of his body to create smaller philosopher's stones. As for the ability to jam alchemy i have no idea how he does that.

Either that or the smurf thing.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think that Hohenheim is a homunculus created by father.... So father came first and his body isn't human at all. I think his body is existent and dependent on the homonculi and vice versa. So if you kill father you kill the homonculi. Father isn't human at all... I mena he has to depend on those machine thingies to live right?

As of the background of father I think that he sold his soul to the gate along with a giant mass of people for that eye on his forehead.. I think it has something to do with great knowledge about alchemy. An undying link to the truth of the alchemy of his homeland and that's why he knows how to nullify alchemy in Amestris... There has to be something about Rentanjutsu since his nullifying thing didn't work on Scar and the little bean girl.

X_X I'm sorry if I didn't make much sense.....

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

hm, I doubt that Hohenheim is a homunculus.

What du you think about the mind/soul-theory written at wikipedia?
    -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphons...In_the_Manga_4

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    It is also a possibility that Hohenheim is the soul of the creature, "Father" is the mind, and there is a decaying Hohenheim-like body somewhere in Amestris. Hohenheim seems to have no reaction to being shot, thus his mind or soul is attached to that body (He doesn't feel anything, same as Alphonse). He may have picked a body to transplant his soul into that looked very much like his own so that Trisha wouldn't be alarmed when he magically changed skin colours or caused some other dramatic instance. It could even be his own brother or relative. Because of this, there is a possibility of Hohenheim reappearing in the storyline, but without any memory of his meetings with Ed. This would be the 'mind' part of him. His mind, soul, and body could have been separated while trying to create the Philosopher's stone or any other insane Alchemic action. This is all mearly speculation however, as Hohenhiem has never mentioned that he has any vital relation to "Father", although he does seem to know what "Father" is up to.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast