Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who or What is "father"?

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who or What is "father"?

Riice gave a great explanation about what Father is and I completely agree with it. But now I have another question…who created Father? Who created the homunculus in the flask?
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Riice gave a great explanation about what Father is and I completely agree with it. But now I have another question…who created Father? Who created the homunculus in the flask?
    The Xerxese alchemist who was the master of slave number 23/Van Hohenheim. Although the Homunculus said that the alchemist only managed to create him by accident.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sallykie View Post
    Although the Homunculus said that the alchemist only managed to create him by accident.
    Then I would really like to know more about how, even if it was by accident, VH’s master created Father. What did he do to create the 1st homunculus?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Father came from that other place, behind the Truth gate. Were that other entity is as well. How VH's master got it out there i dunno. Perhaps he used human transmutation?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    I think Father came from that other place, behind the Truth gate. Were that other entity is as well.
    By other entity, you mean that white homunculus?
    How VH's master got it out there i dunno. Perhaps he used human transmutation?
    Interesting theory ca12nag3! Maybe he did that…or maybe Father is a failed soul transmutation?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Father or Homunculus(his real name) couldnt live outside the glass. Once the human transmutation was complete he gained a form that could live freely and he also too a skin form of Hohenheim wich he seemed to like.
    That white entity inside the gate however only has Eds legg and arm. Odd tho since he could have taken all of Als body but im not sure about it.
    What if the white entity inside the gate together with the dark/black entity on this side are 2 mates.
    A couple of interdimensional beings. Both are unfriendly and Father nor the white one in the gate give a dmn bout humans. Im just puzzled why Father wants to do the entire thing again other then perhaps get his companion thrue. The 5 that use the human transmutation might be able to complete its body and then move it thrue the gate.
    Thats what i think.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Father was a failed human transmutation. The alchemist who created him was trying to transmute/create a human being (body, soul and spirit), but only managed to transmute the soul part of the human being (that’s why Father had all the 5 sins inside of him, sins that later on he got rid of.) Father had a soul, but it didn’t have a body, so he used all the souls in Xerxes to create a body for him. Father has a soul, a body but it’s lacking the third part, a spirit. Which brings me to your question:

Im just puzzled why Father wants to do the entire thing again
    Maybe he is doing the entire thing again to obtain what is lacking, a spirit; and in that way become the perfect being that he wants to be.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; October 30, 2009 at 07:12 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Note that while the (somewhat faulty) Viz Media translation uses the word "spirit", it really should be "mind".

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mushashi's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

not necacairly the correct kanji translation is mind, but the kanji of spirit or mind in japanese both are very similar, its hard to say which is right, remember viz volumes are done with numerous japenese translators who are paid professionely to take there time, scanlation translations are often rushed and when a translator is not completly sure of something they will ask someone else or (god forbid) babblefish it, hence viz translations tend to be more accurate, although i am not saying they are always 100% but they arent important enough to be plot changing. english has words for things japenese doesnt and the other way around. so udnerstandings have to be made with the readers.

Edit- on topic for who or what is father, he is the humonclus in the flask, it is not important who made him, except he is made out of a body shaped philosephers stone the same as hohn heim i doubt arakwa will go any more to who or what is father, although in this chapter a hint is given to the fact that father is not as againset humans as he protends to be, hohenhiem- if you despise humans so much why do you have 'children' call you 'father' a very human way of describing the person who brought you into this world'.
    Last edited by Mushashi; December 11, 2009 at 11:52 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3