Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bastard!! by Hagiwara Kazushi

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

I'm not really a scanlation kind of guy, but I will certainly translate starting from volume 23 if there are even five people who want me to go for it. It's a fun series to read and translate so I'd be happy to do it. Now all we need is five people wanting it...

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh, if you translate it, someone will want to scanlate it, I can pretty much guarantee that. You've got VIII here though, so that's one, you just need 4 more to speak up.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Luckas's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I already have Bastard!! vol 23 in my language and in my bookshelf, but I really would like the translation of vol 24.

Unconsciousness is my destiny, my joy but also my desperation.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Luckas04, that's very cool! I might just summarize volume 23 and then go straight to volume 24. We'll see if I can post a translation of the first chapter of volume 24 sometime this week.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pocketmofo
    Wow Luckas04, that's very cool! I might just summarize volume 23 and then go straight to volume 24. We'll see if I can post a translation of the first chapter of volume 24 sometime this week.
    That seem too good to be real , now I haven't no reason not to restart to read Bastard!!.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a quick synopsis for those of you wondering what happened in volume 23 (it's pretty long so bear with me):

Our scene starts with the devil king-level fallen angel Uriel who couldn’t express his regret and penitence to his sister Amrael and Dark Schneider who has unleashed the power of the 7 Judas Pains (*remember Beelzebub still has the last one) and has become all demon-like. Both of their hatreds clashed in a fierce battle and it appeared as though DS had won. However, due to Beelzebub’s release of Uriel’s dark augoeides from Cocytus, the battle took a sudden turn. With Uriel’s dark augoeides’ one blast, DS lost his cursed armor and the power of the 7 Judas Pains. DS, in a now desperate situation, summons and fuses with the human-made, ultimate and final weapon which was designed to fight against heaven and hell, “the Dragon Warrior Lucifer.” With the clash of the two great beasts, the wall of hell is shattered and the battlefield changes to the ground on Earth…?

**Another note about this volume, Beelzebub planned everything out so that DS would summon and fuse with the Dragon Warrior Lucifer. Per Raphael’s explanation, the dark Adam, DS, cannot be permanently killed by the powers of heaven (it’s sort of like how paper beats rock but rock beats scissors and scissors can only beat paper). The only thing that could possibly destroy DS permanently is the power of a dark augoeides. The only dark augoeides with enough power to take down DS (who has the 7 Judas Pains and Lucifer) would be Beelzebub, Satan or possibly one of the 4 Seraphs if one were to fall to darkness. That is why Beelzebub planned the fall of his former friend Uriel and why he unleashed Uriel’s dark augoeides from Cocytus. All of this was planned as a way to permanently destroy DS.

**The quote that Raphael says when describing the Dragon Warrior Lucifer is:

“And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and seven horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.”

“And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.” (New Testament, from the Apocalypse of John)

**Finally, we see the Messiah at the end of the volume watching the man-made Adam in the sky. He comments about how the dark Adam, DS’s, actions from now on (his fight with Uriel) will determine the future. If DS chooses the path of light then it will represent proof of the long lost "contract" but if he succumbs to hatred and evil then it will mean heading one step closer to the destruction of the universe meaning the Messiah will have no choice but to take him down. The Messiah then gets all stigmata-fied and the volume ends.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We love you, pocketmofo. <3

I'm wondering what language Luckas's Bastard!! volumes are in...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Lucka's volumes are in Italian though I'm not certain of that (judging by Lucka's previous posts though I'd guess Italian).

We'll see if I can get around to doing chapter 1 of volume 24 sometime soon.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, my volumes are in italian. In my country Bastard!! is well known among manga readers.

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aldrich's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I was finally able to find a thread about Bastard!!, I was always surprised by the fact there was almost no fansites about this manga on the internet, while it's a decent success in Japan (Vol24 was ranked 4th sales wise the month it came out if I remember correctly) and is very popular in France and Italy.

Anyway Pocketmofo, I'd be extremely interested to read translations from you. Here's another person, only 3 to go.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HumanRage's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

count me in !

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess I'm just going to have to translate it. I keep saying this, but hopefully I'll get a translation of the first chapter in volume 24 sometime this week.

Great to see so much interest in Bastard. Thanks Zindryr for starting the thread and uploading the volumes!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HumanRage's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

i promise trash-paintbrush-scanlated chapters like you never saw before ! \o/

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a ton of other extra Bastard!! stuff, like a couple of the new Complete extra chapters and stuff, though most of that is just stuff Hagiwara didn't put in back in the days when he was in good old Shounen Jump. He got away with a damn lot of sex and vulgarity in Shounen Jump though, (I've gone back and am reading all 24 volumes in a row again, heh).

HumanRage, the scans for volume 24 are pretty decent quality, so if you can typeset well then you wouldn't have to worry too much about quality, (aside from the text over artwork parts, which Hagiwara does a ton of, that bastard).
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, he got a way with a hell of a lot in the later volumes in particular (though I believe they did edit out pretty much every instance of little DS). Some of the scenes are super raunchy though so I'm surprised they didn't give him the boot over to Ultra JUMP much sooner. Not to mention the gore throughout the series...

I'm sure nobody around here would want to read the Expansion chapers and see Princess Sheila suck poison out of things.

New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast