Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore vol 16 (chap 84-89) Discussion

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hatsuharupeace's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Claymore vol 16 (chap 84-89) Discussion

Claymore 84 is out, you can grab it over at the RTS Thread!

Come back here to discuss about the latest events in the chapter and predict what is going to happen next!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Glen_Danzig's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 84 Discussion / 85 Prediction Thread

Nice chapter, a lot of good information.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kaloo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fairly interesting though somewhat predictable in that the observer guy(who's name I've forgotten, if I ever knew it) was the traitor. His being a spy from the Dragonkind was rather surprising to me though.
    Peaking my Interest at the Moment: Gash Bell
    *reading 111 manga series as of July 2008*

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

If he was a traitor than isn't it obvious he was a spy?

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Not necessarily... he could have been plotting to take over from within rather than be an outside agent. Just needs to have all his hand-picked fall-girls to conveniently die off and not be there to blab inconvenient bits of info.

Come to think of it, it could STILL be that way! Rubel is the ONLY source of outside info we have. He could say anything he wants and who are we to be able to tell the truth from the lies. He probably IS mostly telling the truth though. Easier to tell a believable lie if it is only part of a larger truth. There is still the Claymore-sword evidence so there likely is an outside world but beyond that we know nothing for real.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

So you say, but do you really believe in this?
    I don't think Rubel lies at all, but tell only part of the truth and always keep an air of mystery around him in order to manipulate others. You think he'll simply pop up and say "Got ya! there is no war"? it just doesn't fit with the plot.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Who knows really? Yagi complicated things a lot and there are more questions than answers now. Maybe Rubel isn't a spy, rather some high official that runs Claymore project independently from MiB on the island trying to stir up civil war and observe which claymores will survive (how else could they make claymores to fight each other on massive scale?), how will Alicia and Beth do and how much destruction would Abyssals make. I mean the guy told Clare a lot of information that could get him killed and MiB were only meters away from them. I can't see his purpose either in telling them he wanted them dead, he doesn't look stupid so why did he do it?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Who knows really? Yagi complicated things a lot and there are more questions than answers now. Maybe Rubel isn't a spy, rather some high official that runs Claymore project independently from MiB on the island trying to stir up civil war and observe which claymores will survive (how else could they make claymores to fight each other on massive scale?), how will Alicia and Beth do and how much destruction would Abyssals make. I mean the guy told Clare a lot of information that could get him killed and MiB were only meters away from them. I can't see his purpose either in telling them he wanted them dead, he doesn't look stupid so why did he do it?
    Well he isnt all that stuped, his actually risking his life, after all he said claire could just kill him thats the risk he is taking, whoever he knows those 3 are the "good guys" even if they know he is sending them to death they are still going because of 2 reasons: 1-whatever riful is doing is something big and bad and if sucessfull it means many deaths so they have to stop her. and 2- there is a claymore involved she is inocent why would they let her to die just because rubel is a piece of shit that wants them dead?U have to remember about the fight in pieta they knew they were sent to die but they still fought because it was the "right thing to do".

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

@Unholy: I think that's why Clare was so angry; She knew that after all Rubel said, even if she decided not to be a saint or a puppet she still has to go, because it's too risky letting Raciella wake up. So basically Rubel already manipulated her to go there as he wished..
    About Clare killing Rubel, If you look at the situation she has all the reasons to finish him off and than go after Renee, but I just don't see Yagi letting someone so mysterious and important die off like that in a second. Rubel probably has much more to do in this series.

@Goral: I really have no clue why he's risking so much just to give Clare the information(he surely had other ways...). Rubel is still a great mystery for all of us... As to his true status, it does not seem likely that he's anything but what he really claims to be, because if he was on the org's side than his immediate interest would be to bring the HA to headquarters and research them, since their potential seem much greater than Alicia and Beth in real combat.
    Last edited by rukori; October 05, 2008 at 10:30 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter, a number of question were answered by the elusive Rubel

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    Well he isnt all that stuped, his actually risking his life, after all he said claire could just kill him thats the risk he is taking, whoever he knows those 3 are the "good guys" even if they know he is sending them to death they are still going because of 2 reasons: 1-whatever riful is doing is something big and bad and if sucessfull it means many deaths so they have to stop her. and 2- there is a claymore involved she is inocent why would they let her to die just because rubel is a piece of shit that wants them dead?U have to remember about the fight in pieta they knew they were sent to die but they still fought because it was the "right thing to do".
    Maybe so, but the rest of the task force are knocked out cold. So who can tell the organization if he is a traitor or not.
    I think Rubel knows that with Isley having taken two territory and now Riful's kidnapping of the current "eye" of the organization. They can't attack both at the same time, since Beth & Alicia are still experimental and can't really fight two dwellers of the deep at the same. Or even fight them in two successive battles. If they fight Isley, Riful must succed in waking the twins and the organization would be at a disadvantaged position; If they attack Riful first, Isley might take the chance and attack the organization.
    Last edited by Baron Hugenstein; October 05, 2008 at 12:42 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another delicate balance of power? I'd have thought that that would have crumbled a long time ago, with isley moving as he pleases like he has been.

It would be interesting if Rubel was simply a dragon taking the form of a human. He could serve to be the final obstacle between our group and the mainland, as well as an indicator of exactly how strong the typical dragon is.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

"Rubel is a dragon."

OMG! Interesting point but maybe not for the reason you said it.

This has 3 possible points to it:
    1. The organization truly doesn't know he is a traitor and things are exactly like Rubel said. This means he feels he isn't in any danger from confronting Clare and the others and contemptuously does what he feels like. He MAY not actually feel any danger from a single awakened being either, depending on how strong a dragon he is.

2. The organization DOES know he is a traitor. They have already figured out he is a traitor but if they kill him they are afraid of the repercussions, like invasion for example. Better the dragon you know that the one you don't. At least for the time being.

3. The organization DOES know he is a Dragon. They ARRANGED for him to be there. The feed him false information and are planning to use him as the "Final Boss" graduation ceremony for their Claymore v2.0 model when completed. Can't know how well the new Claymores will work out unless you test them out.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaime F.'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow there sure isn't a lot of Claymore fans here, or maybe the other fans are really shy, and intraverted. Well anyways, I think this is my first post here, and I do read Claymore, even though waiting for a new chapter to come out takes a long time. The anime was ok, but the ending was abrupt, and that kid Raki was annoying, especially in the end, when he stopped Clare from killing Priscilla. I really hated Priscilla for the pain, loss, and sorrow she made Clare experience, so I was hoping Clare would kill her. The fact that she appears to be innocent, didn't make me feel any compassion for her at all. Well anyways, I'm glad the events in the real story, turned out to be totally different than what happened in the anime.
    Last edited by Jaime F.; October 07, 2008 at 01:41 AM.
    www.myspace.com/jamieflor
    http://www.youtube.com/user/therestlessminds
    For those of u that remember me, I'm currently adding another song to my album. It should be done by March 2011 @ the latest. sig pic by: Nanocigt

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Eye of the tiger's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    "Rubel is a dragon."

OMG! Interesting point but maybe not for the reason you said it.

This has 3 possible points to it:
    1. The organization truly doesn't know he is a traitor and things are exactly like Rubel said. This means he feels he isn't in any danger from confronting Clare and the others and contemptuously does what he feels like. He MAY not actually feel any danger from a single awakened being either, depending on how strong a dragon he is.

2. The organization DOES know he is a traitor. They have already figured out he is a traitor but if they kill him they are afraid of the repercussions, like invasion for example. Better the dragon you know that the one you don't. At least for the time being.

3. The organization DOES know he is a Dragon. They ARRANGED for him to be there. The feed him false information and are planning to use him as the "Final Boss" graduation ceremony for their Claymore v2.0 model when completed. Can't know how well the new Claymores will work out unless you test them out.
    I have to agree for the most part. and given the fact that Rubel brazenly faces claymores who can kill him and are motivated to do so as well, its probably safe to say that rubel is probably very strong, probably a dragon or dragon master.
    But I disagree with point 2; I do not think that the organization fears repercussions w.r.t. invasion and stuff, this continent is isolated enough that Rubel can disappear without a trace. Furthermore, in the greater scheme of things, Rubel would have to be a dragonkind prince or general to elicit a full invasion as retaliation.

I am wondering if Riful is also aware of the dragonkind.. now that would be an interesting twist if she is really gathering forces to fight the dragonkind as well (apart from her obvious fear of priscilla).
    In a mad world only the mad are sane. - Akira Kurosawa

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be a wonderful plot twist if Riful was actually gathering forces to fight dragonkind. Unfortunately, I believe she is just self motivated though. Even if she was being largely opposed to the dragons, she would still have a power struggle conflict with the organization and the ghosts. In other words none of the Abyssals, the organization or the ghosts will allow themselves to be dominated by the others.

My post's point 2 was a little wishy-washy so it sounded off. What I was thinking of was if I was the general of the dragons and my handpicked spy was eliminated I might be inclined to act immediately on the info I had received before it got out of date. In other words, send enough forces to take the island. After all it is defended by 47 claymores, a few wild awakened ones, and a totally submissive human population. NONE of them have experience at WAR. Individual battles, yes, but not actual warfare. We DO have centuries of experience at it though. Just send in a few divisions reinforced by a couple of dozen dragons and mop up. They'll have to start all over again with the research. ha ha ha! (I slipped right into general mode there :P) The organization would rather keep a low profile so tolerated the spy to prevent a larger problem.

New Reply
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast