Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore vol 16 (chap 84-89) Discussion

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member din_84's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 85 Discussion/86 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by LazyFish View Post
    Well Dietrich is on a team not suited to fight an awaken being. She appears stronger than her number. Could history be repeating itself and Dietrich has semi-awakened, is a troublemaker and has been sent out to die?
    actually i dont think the organization send the troublemaker to die just because dietrich has semi-awakened.
    if u read ch84 back (i'll recommend ch84 version 2), then u will fully understand that the reason that they're been sent to suicide mission is because rubel (the spy) dont want to let organization know about the semi-awakened.
    with their previous eyes is already gone, i'm doubt that rubel will know that no8 is already semi-awakened and sent her to suicide mission.
    furthermore, with current no 47 (fail claymore) also joining the squad mean that the org is already lack of people which made them should keep all the warrior first.
    currently recruiting for help in scanlation project..

more info here

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dengus View Post

Interesting that Helen & Deneve knew she was a single digit, yet expected to knock her out so easily. Are they underestimating "today's" warriors, or is she just something special?
    that seems to be my impression as well..

they (not only Helen and Deneve, but the rest of the ghosts?) apparently think the warriors of today are losers.

Also probably because they have all semi-awakened, can control their youki more than the others, and have had different level of training compared to the current warriors, ne?

eh... but clare is going head on to where Riful is... and she knows it.

@din, I kinda agree with you about rubel sending them off because he wanted to hide them from the organization instead. Sounded logical..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner thedavemc's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

In the January issue? No Christmas Claymore? Goddamnit

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member PB|Ichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thedavemc View Post
    In the January issue? No Christmas Claymore? Goddamnit
    Magazines are dated one Month ahead, so we'll get a chapter in December, no worries there.
    And @topic
    Deneve is really getting on my nerves, she's so arrogant and talks so big, but imo she's not really the one to talk, cause she isn't really top tier, so she got two claymores now, so what? She doesn't really seem to become stronger...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sportgal1's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

But if Deneve didn't talk in this chapter, who would? Helen is ranked lower than Deneve.
    I think that Yagi is realizing he's made all of today's warrior's (except maybe miata) look
    very weak and he's trying to correct this. I like Dietrich and I hope we see more of her in the future. She's gives the organization character. There's almost no one interesting left on the org's side.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

agreed? kinda.

Yagi made the sides too unbalanced. All of the warriors looked like wusses. I think Dietrich will be a useful tool for the ghosts in the future?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sportgal1 View Post
    But if Deneve didn't talk in this chapter, who would? Helen is ranked lower than Deneve.
    I think that Yagi is realizing he's made all of today's warrior's (except maybe miata) look
    very weak and he's trying to correct this. I like Dietrich and I hope we see more of her in the future. She's gives the organization character. There's almost no one interesting left on the org's side.
    True, but we still haven't seen the rest of the single digits for that matter, so who knows, maybe there is claymore that is amazing or kickass

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    @din, I kinda agree with you about rubel sending them off because he wanted to hide them from the organization instead. Sounded logical..
    It's not really hiding but killing them... And he admitted it openly so it's not like someone's prediction but a known fact

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it is a fact that the new generation is weaker than the previous one mainly because of the lack of man power, the org lost alot of warriors on the north campain so it gonna take some time to fill in the dead ones ( i mean power wise).But of course there must be a few strong warriors in the org but i would bet the number is inferior to the previus generation, anyway the top 9 are prolly decent fighters the thing is we only saw the single digits fighting riful and she can pretty much make any claymore look like shit.Btw i dont think Deneve is really arrogant, it looked to me like she was pretending she didnt care and was hoping for helen to go so she would have an excuse like: "oh well now that u started it i got to go as well" and helen teased her after figuring it out, even if helen was really going to leave i bet deneve would have helped killing the awakenen one.I doubt number 8 believed helen but that isnt really important, in the midle of a fight where ur life is on the line the only thing that really matters is who is ur allies and who is ur enemie everything else can wait. Im also quite sure rafaela will awaken in a few chapters, and she is gonna be the firts sucessfull awakened claymore that is controlable, since they are merged in one body and have 2 minds i can see something similar to what the organization did with Alicia and Beth one of the minds + the body is going to awaken while the other one will keep itself human and control the awakened but without the weakness that the twins have (depend too much of the youki flow, beth is vulnerable,etc).
    Last edited by Unholy; November 08, 2008 at 11:38 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@Sarry:
    Actually, we know most of the current single digits. Numbers 7 & 9 would have to be pretty good to make things interesting.

1. Alicia
    2. Beth
    3. Audrey
    4. Miata
    5. Rachel
    6. Rene
    7.** Unknown
    8. Dietrich
    9.** Unknown

Some people suggest Alicia and Beth are no longer included in the numbered claymores which would leave the list as:

0. Alicia
    0. Beth
    1.** Unknown
    2.** Unknown
    3. Audrey
    4. Miata
    5. Rachel
    6. Rene
    7.** Unknown
    8. Dietrich
    9.** Unknown

Personally, I think there is no reason to remove Alicia and Beth from the rankings from the organizations point of view so I tend to discount the 2nd listing. It would make the organization a tougher beast to handle though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    @Sarry:
    Actually, we know most of the current single digits. Numbers 7 & 9 would have to be pretty good to make things interesting.

1. Alicia
    2. Beth
    3. Audrey
    4. Miata
    5. Rachel
    6. Rene
    7.** Unknown
    8. Dietrich
    9.** Unknown

Some people suggest Alicia and Beth are no longer included in the numbered claymores which would leave the list as:

0. Alicia
    0. Beth
    1.** Unknown
    2.** Unknown
    3. Audrey
    4. Miata
    5. Rachel
    6. Rene
    7.** Unknown
    8. Dietrich
    9.** Unknown

Personally, I think there is no reason to remove Alicia and Beth from the rankings from the organizations point of view so I tend to discount the 2nd listing. It would make the organization a tougher beast to handle though.
    Thanks for the list
    It is true that we know most of the single digits, however, number 7 and 9 might also strong as well or smart. Number 8 proved to be a calm person and a strategist, while Rachel and Audrey proved to be not as smart as Dietrich, perhaps it is from their power levels or another.

Concerning Beth and Alicia, they might be an exception, due to the fact they are stripped of their personality and they wear different cloths(although i don't think the cloths are an indication, but still it is a difference.) And to mention that they haven't made any appearance after the 7 years.
    Last edited by Baron Hugenstein; November 08, 2008 at 01:14 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I also like to count Alicia and Beth. And I think we know #9, which was the one whose group was saved in the North. (They mention afterwards that they would replace #9 with the still unknown #7, so she was #9).

1. Alicia
    2. Beth
    3. Audrey
    4. Miata
    5. Rachel
    6. Renee
    7. ** Unknown
    8. Dietrich
    9. Nina

(Aah, I can't get used to the fact that Dietrich has a guy's name!!)

I'm pretty sure that Dietrich didn't believe any of what Helen told her about their "secret mission", she just thought that it wasn't worthwhile fighting with them. You can tell be Helen's reaction to her response that she didn't buy into it. I think it's pretty likely that she's heard of how Audrey and Rachel were rescued and has a pretty good idea of who Helen and Deneve are, but knows better than to fight them, at least for now.

Anyone want to take a guess at the meaning of the title of ch85, "A cause worth protecting" or "A cause that should be protected"? I honestly have no idea what that refers to.
    Last edited by gernot; November 09, 2008 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Thought of more to add

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch! Nina's name is only mentioned once (in ch68) even though she first appeared in ch65. So #7 is the last unknown single digit. Nina wasn't very a very good leader was she? She, like most claymores, seem to look down on weaker claymores as being useless. Probably a residual effect of the training they are given. Makes Miria and the Fab7 really shine!

As for ch85's title it could refer to two possible things in this story... at least 2 that I can think of.

1. Right after the title is printed Claire has to decide what they will do... She decides to stick to the plan and not get side tracked. If they go after Riful they will likely get wiped out and put the overall plan of the fab7 at risk. (this is a weak possibility for the meaning of the title.)

2. The main purpose of the fab7 is to "defeat the enemies of those that died in the north". They want to save/free the claymores from the organization and take out the abyssal ones. This means they will save miscellaneous groups of claymores in trouble when they come across them. Dietrich may be one of the ones worth saving. (much stronger possibility than the first one.)
    Last edited by Wowzers; November 10, 2008 at 12:04 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree about the "cause" of the fab7, but it doesn't get much of a mention in this chapter, does it?

My best guess so far is that the title is somehow related to Dietrich's words on the last page, where she talks about showing her respect to the awakened being by killing it with one stroke. So, maybe we can make a case that she is following and/or expressing some sort of "moral law" or "justice", which is another possible translation of 大義 (although all the example sentences I found translate it as "cause").

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

You're probably right. By killing the AB she in fact saved the warrior it once was and "protected the brotherhood", though that means that the translator should change it to sisterhood... XD

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

New Reply
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast