Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vasto Lordes, Adjuccas and Gillians

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Krillos's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Vasto Lordes, Adjuccas and Gillians

A Vasto Lorde is considering to be the most powerful Hollow in existence. And Vasto Lorde as an arrancar is likely the most ultimate yet fearsome being to bout.

The question is: how will our heroes handle one of those über-beings and how will it affect the story? Let us hear you peoples' opinion!

Modified the title to cover a little bit broader topic since the thread was digressing slightly, but not enough to merit a new thread. ~ WL

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ryderdm3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vasto Lorde

It is believed that Ulquiorra is one. At this point I think he would kill pretty much anyone expect perhaps the strongest the Vaizards or Shinigami have to offer. Meaning, I think he'd be able to kill everyone except the top 3 or 4 captains, including Urahara, and Shinji from the Vaizards.

He commented that Ichigo was stronger than him when his power was fluctuating. I assume that is the power we'll see once Ichigo can master his Hollow. At that point those two should fight, since Ulquiorra loves to keep taunting him.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... but I think Ulquiorra is an Adjuchas, since he rarely fights and mostly uses his intelligence in combat.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe when Hitsugaya talked about the different classes of hollows, that Ulquiorra's shadowed image was the one he used for a Vasto Lorde. He may rarely fight, but that is because no one has actually forced him to fight. From what we've seen and heard from him, it's likely that he'd kill the majority of people 1on1. He said he couldn't take Yoruichi and Urahara on at the same time, but I'm sure he can take Yoruichi on by himself and perhaps even Urahara as well.

I think we'll discover that several of the other current Espada are of similar class as well, and that's not including what other ones Aizen adds later.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Grimmjaw is a Vasto Lorde? If not, then he shouldn't mess around with Ulquiorra (if he were a Vasto Lorde) otherwise.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krillos
    I wonder if Grimmjaw is a Vasto Lorde? If not, then he shouldn't mess around with Ulquiorra (if he were a Vasto Lorde) otherwise.
    Well, it could go either way. Tousen could've kicked his ass because he was a former Ajuuca, or because he's stronger than a Vastorode-based Arrancar now. In either case, I'm assuming that Tousen and Gin are just as powerful, if not more-so, than the lower half of the Espada--and I don't even want to talk about Aizen.

But yeah, Kubotite's been pretty ambiguous about what types of Hollows most of the Espada were before hybridization, so I can't really say for sure...but I think that he was an Ajuuca, and Ulquiorra was a Vastorode. So I agree--Grimmjow should NOT be messing with him, especially since he seems to be Aizen's favorite.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

vasto lorde = espada?

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryderdm3
    I believe when Hitsugaya talked about the different classes of hollows, that Ulquiorra's shadowed image was the one he used for a Vasto Lorde. He may rarely fight, but that is because no one has actually forced him to fight. From what we've seen and heard from him, it's likely that he'd kill the majority of people 1on1. He said he couldn't take Yoruichi and Urahara on at the same time, but I'm sure he can take Yoruichi on by himself and perhaps even Urahara as well.

I think we'll discover that several of the other current Espada are of similar class as well, and that's not including what other ones Aizen adds later.
    He actually said something like "What a foolish taunt! If the two of you try to fight me while trying to protect that trash(ichigo) at the same time... It is fairly obvious who would have the upper hand!" That sounds more like he could take them both, but like he said on the next page: his mission is complete, "ichigo is nothing more than a piece of trash unworthy of Aizen's attention".
    I doubt Tousen would chop of the arm of a vastorode-based arrancar, not because he couildn't, but because they are so few in numbers and they will surely need as many of them as possible in the upcoming war.
    And sengpoi: Vastorode = the highest form of menos. Espada = the ten strongest arrancar. We really don't know how many of the espada(if any) are vastorode based.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't it also said that there weren't that many vastrode too so I'm assuming Aizen doesn't have any on his side.
    Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
    Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
    Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
    Urazz's Sister: Ok!
    *Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
    Urazz: $%^&%(#
    Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
    *Urazz whimpers like a baby*

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There aren't many so it's unlikely that Aizen will have a whole army of them, rather just the few that he is able to recruit.

nillut - He does say that, but on the page before that he says "These two are far beyond our level. At this rate we'll lose.... ....unless we retreat". You are right though, it's probably unlikely that they Urahara and Yoruichi could fight Ulquiorra and protect all their friends at the same time. However, if they weren't in that situation, there is no doubt in my mind that Ulquiorra wouldn't have won.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryderdm3
    There aren't many so it's unlikely that Aizen will have a whole army of them, rather just the few that he is able to recruit.

nillut - He does say that, but on the page before that he says "These two are far beyond our level. At this rate we'll lose.... ....unless we retreat". You are right though, it's probably unlikely that they Urahara and Yoruichi could fight Ulquiorra and protect all their friends at the same time. However, if they weren't in that situation, there is no doubt in my mind that Ulquiorra wouldn't have won.
    I gotta agree, when you have to protect someone you end up leaving yourself open to attack when you move to protect that person and you also are limited in the moves you can make as well.
    Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
    Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
    Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
    Urazz's Sister: Ok!
    *Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
    Urazz: $%^&%(#
    Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
    *Urazz whimpers like a baby*

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we have seen any vastoroode yet, expect maybe for ulquiorra.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Well aren't all the espada "vasteo lorde". I thought this was already known.
    click to join mangahelpers facebook group

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think we have seen any of the Vasto Lorde either , I dont think we have because from what Hitsugaya said , A single Vasto Lorde is significantly stronger then then anyone Captain Level Shinigami , 10 of them being enough to conquer all of soul society. Being turned into an Arrancar should add power not take away , especially for a vasto lorde considering that being turned into an arrancar really does change them physically a whole lot other then giving them a zanpakuto. And I just dont think that any of the Espada have shown that level of power yet. If any of them I would have to say either Ulquiorra , or/and Grimmjaw.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

No one of the espada is a vastrorode...but i wish Grimmjaw was one of them cause he is one of my favorite villains!!!But i consider ichigo's hollow to be a vastrorode 4 sure!!!

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast