Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: MH Seinen Hangout

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MH Seinen Hangout

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Seems like Onepunch man is making the buzz :-))
    My last seinen revelation is Dorohedoro but I guess I was late on this one. Anyway those who might not have started it must do it.
    Now I'm reading a very unusual and cute sci-fi story called Saturn appartment (also from ikki). It's the French translation though I'm not sure all books are available in English
    I've read the first 3 volumes of Saturn Apartments. It was fine, but didn't really grab me enough to seek out the rest of the volumes.

I've been wanting to read Dorohedoro for a while, but I keep putting it off for whatever reason. I think I'll get on that next.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    I was actually surprised seeing how One Punch-Man got bigger and bigger these past few weeks. Never EVER expected it to cause such a stirr. I thought it was something Japanese readers could enjoy more than the Western fandom. - Couldn't be happier about misjudging this one.
    I think as long as it is able to maintain its consistency in jokes and make us laugh when we read it, it'll be getting bigger and bigger. , Not to mention that Yuusuke Murata is also quite popular when he made Eyeshield 21, and I'm always amazed how much his artwork progresses during the last couple of years, and he's so innovative (I'm referring to his 3-D manga) so I'm betting that Wanpanman would be a huge hit.

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    I've been wanting to read Dorohedoro for a while, but I keep putting it off for whatever reason. I think I'll get on that next.
    I encourage you to read Dorohedoro too, at first I thought this manga is an aimless gore manga, but it turned out to be really interesting.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

wow you've mentioned titles I've never even heard of!

so now I've got more additions to my to-read list...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Dorohedoro is fantastic! I don't read the scans but I've got the first 5 volumes from VIZ and I can't get enough. And I'm also enjoying Onepunch Man though I've only read the first few chapters.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    I was actually surprised seeing how One Punch-Man got bigger and bigger these past few weeks. Never EVER expected it to cause such a stirr. I thought it was something Japanese readers could enjoy more than the Western fandom. - Couldn't be happier about misjudging this one.
    Well it's by a big author name so it's not really that surprising plus the humor is quite universal

Quote Quote:
    As for awesome new series, best stuff I've read this year has got to be Kagamino Hachi's ad astra - Scipio to Hannibal from Ultra JUMP. I'm also having a blast with Saruwatari Tetsuya's new manga GOKUSAI (never thought I would ever enjoy a manga by Saruwatari as much...) and the Grand Jump Premium anthology keeps impressing me more and more with every new series I read from it. That mag deserves more love from the scanlation scene!
    Oh I put Gokusai in my watch list recently. It's really to bad no one is translating it........
    Unless Illuminati is planing to start it, they have projects by Saruwatari Tetsuya planned.

I've read the first 3 volumes of Saturn Apartments. It was fine, but didn't really grab me enough to seek out the rest of the volumes.

Well it's true that it's a very slow paced manga but I enjoy the round graphism and all characters are likeable.

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I put Gokusai in my watch list recently. It's really to bad no one is translating it........
    Unless Illuminati is planing to start it, they have projects by Saruwatari Tetsuya planned.
    I actually fancy translating the series. If it wasn't for HUNGRY JOKER popping up I would have probably already released some scripts... But I will try to get back to the manga as soon as I got a little less on my plate! Like I promised, I'll keep you updated in regards to my projects.

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Seinen manga are best followed by the magazine they run in. Young Jump, Ikki, Young Animal ect. Mostly the magazines feature similar stuff that if you like one series you will like the other. So that is the approach I taken when looking for new seinen.

But why are so little people reading Billy Bat? D:

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    But why are so little people reading Billy Bat? D:
    I'm personally waiting for more chapters to build up or maybe even for it to end. I find Urasawa's works to be more enjoyable when you read a bunch of chapters in one go.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the same for me especially in this one where the plot is extremely complex: all civilizations in every epochs...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm personally waiting for more chapters to build up or maybe even for it to end. I find Urasawa's works to be more enjoyable when you read a bunch of chapters in one go.
    It's the same for me especially in this one where the plot is extremely complex: all civilizations in every epochs...
    It is hard to follow, though I just feel there is a lack of opinion on it. For instance it has been almost 100 chapters, and I have not seen a solid judgement about it.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I am also a fan of Urasawa after his two big hits 20CB and Monster, but I never got around to reading Billy Bat. It's in my to-read list though And yes, I'd agree that his works would be better off read in one go.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here, I read several first chapters of Billy Bat, found it's really interesting, but I will resume to read it once it's wrapped up. The same case happen to Liar Game, I never read it when a new chapter is released, I have to wait until one game has been cleared otherwise Liar Game is too confusing for me to follow.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It can get very confusing, but considering it is almost a 100 chapters long as I said I think it may be worth picking up. The story keeps piling on though. Typical by Urasawa, but I find it interesting of the many CLIFFHANGERS that is brings, and they are very original, so reading next chapters is all that much sweeter.

Oh, and does anyone have any suggestions about a discussion thread for seinen? I was thinking of discussing the various types of seinen magazines and the manga that run in them. For example which magazine puts up which kind of manga.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Some guy was brave enough to attack the dinosaur of morning:
    Cooking papa chapter 1. This makes me wish what did you eat yesterday ? was resumed someday
    Last edited by k-dom; December 16, 2012 at 06:45 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Please visit and nominate in the Anime Awards, link is in my signature.

New Reply
Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast