Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 711

Thread: MH Seinen Hangout

  1. #676
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MH Seinen Hangout

    Berserk is not as irregular iirc as people always say. Normally, there is about 4 months between releases, and we usually get 3-4 chapters Miura has piled up over the months. He manages a volume of content (roughly 10 chapters) a year usually.

  2. #677
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MH Seinen Hangout

    Irregular pacing compared to the street date of the magazine. While it isn't consistently released the same time of the year, he is pretty "regular" about releasing a volume's worth of content a year. That is true, indeed.

  3. #678
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vinceled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MH Seinen Hangout

    I agree with miyamoto on this one, he usually release pretty often compared to the 24 issues a year the magazine has. Since 2011, he's released at least 6 chapters a year except between 2013~14 where he didn't appear in print (longest break since 2011 by the way).
    I mean the breaks Berserk has are nothing compared to that certain shounen that takes breaks of 1~2 years after 10-20 chapters, like the mangaka is catching up what he released weekly in month...
    <a href=http://www.imagebam.com/image/a1e9db311491323 target=_blank rel=nofollow><img src=http://thumbnails112.imagebam.com/31150/a1e9db311491323.jpg border=0 alt= /></a>

  4. #679
    The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MH Seinen Hangout

    Well the irregularity is simply that, he does not follow the magazine schedules. He goes on hiatus so often, for various reasons, most of which are not stated, playing games, lol?

    The current "break" or "hiatus" is out of the ordinary, so I guess it fits in. I remember searching once, but how were things when Berserk started in it's magazine? I think it was pretty regular for a few years and then this started happening?

    ---------- Post added March 04, 2014 at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was March 03, 2014 at 09:45 PM ----------

    Also for horror seinen and horror manga in general I think fans:

    http://spiraphobia.tumblr.com/recommendations

    Check some of these out.^^

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #680
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MH Seinen Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Well the irregularity is simply that, he does not follow the magazine schedules. He goes on hiatus so often, for various reasons, most of which are not stated, playing games, lol?

    The current "break" or "hiatus" is out of the ordinary, so I guess it fits in. I remember searching once, but how were things when Berserk started in it's magazine? I think it was pretty regular for a few years and then this started happening?
    Well, it's kind of difficult for a new series to get a fanbase if it doesn't start off regular. I forget the timeline, but it was serialized regularly for many many years.

  7. #681
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MH Seinen Hangout

    I think it's possible for an established author's work to be published irregularly though; It's not a necessity for new series to be published in compliance with street date.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Also for horror seinen and horror manga in general I think fans:

    http://spiraphobia.tumblr.com/recommendations

    Check some of these out.^^
    Thanks, I need this

  8. #682
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MH Seinen Hangout

    Miura wasn't exactly an established author when he started Berserk. He had a couple 1-volume series as an artist with Buronson as writer, but other than that, nothing noteworthy.

  9. #683
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MH Seinen Hangout

    I agree with that, my comment was not trying to contradict your statement about Miura, more like saying that it's possible for an established author to work only when they want to. I think a guy like Hitoshi Iwaaki can be an example of this.

  10. #684
    The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MH Seinen Hangout

    Well that's the problem then? They establish themselves and they can do things like these long hiatuses. Personally i understand everything about how difficult the job can be, but some authors have it way more easy than others when it comes to breaks and absence form the magazine, Miura is an example. And Gary I think skullknight had some info on this, I dunno where to dig to find how regular Berserk was and for how many years but I think it's there.^^

    Doraku, are you a fan of horror's? I find most horror difficult to get into and read them for curiosity sake and probably the art which is in most of them fantastic. Horror is perhaps in manga considered just like in some movies a second rate genre since they say it's quite easy to write one since most tropes are already established an authors are just reusing them.

  11. #685
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MH Seinen Hangout

    Yeah, I'm a horror fan in general ^^ It''s pretty difficult for me to post any logical reason why I'd love it as a genre , I guess I just like creepy things, ghosts, mysteries.. and for some reason, Horror manga art style fit for my personal likings.

  12. #686
    The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MH Seinen Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Yeah, I'm a horror fan in general ^^ It''s pretty difficult for me to post any logical reason why I'd love it as a genre , I guess I just like creepy things, ghosts, mysteries.. and for some reason, Horror manga art style fit for my personal likings.
    Yes, but some horror manga generally have guro stuff and maybe that is why generally they are not widely read?

    For example Hideout was a great horror without going too deep into some things ... Dragonhead was also nice but it was a bit over the line at times.

    Otherwise mystery and horror go well, but we are not looking at scooby doo types of ghosts in horror manga.

  13. #687
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MH Seinen Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Well that's the problem then? They establish themselves and they can do things like these long hiatuses. Personally i understand everything about how difficult the job can be, but some authors have it way more easy than others when it comes to breaks and absence form the magazine, Miura is an example. And Gary I think skullknight had some info on this, I dunno where to dig to find how regular Berserk was and for how many years but I think it's there.^^
    What? I wasn't complaining necessarily. I'm past that point as a fan. I was merely stating that Miura's schedule isn't regular for the magazine it's in and that's what people mean when they say his schedule is irregular. Not that it's necessarily unpredictable how much he content he releases in a calendar year.

  14. #688
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MH Seinen Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Yes, but some horror manga generally have guro stuff and maybe that is why generally they are not widely read?

    For example Hideout was a great horror without going too deep into some things ... Dragonhead was also nice but it was a bit over the line at times.

    Otherwise mystery and horror go well, but we are not looking at scooby doo types of ghosts in horror manga.
    Ah yes, but I think that's what makes Horror manga.. well, a horror manga. They tend to have overboard creepiness or nonsensical spooky stuff, but I accept it as unique characteristic of horror as a genre. I hope Naoki Urasawa would make a horror manga one day though

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #689
    MH's Cutest Bunny 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Easter Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Christmas Island
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MH Seinen Hangout


  17. #690
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Heaven & Earth
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MH Seinen Hangout

    Horror stories, particularly those with "screams and yelling when something pops out of nowhere" dont seem to fit me though I do read some once in a while.

    ~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~


New Reply
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts