Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: MH Shounen Hangout

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MH Shounen Hangout

You can write anything in cursive. Basically, it looks... Messy Just like any other kind of cursive writing, the strokes are not as defined, some get combined...

Take a look at this - at the letter in the top left hand corner. That's what Tatsuma's cursive handwriting looks like Compare it to this, the Japanese I transcribed off it
    Spoiler show
    In this case it's actually readable, but I've seen cursive Japanese that's really next to impossible to read unless you're used to reading cursive Japanese (some of the words on the envelope a few pages before the page I linked were not readable)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks saladesu for the explanation although moving it here make it kinda difficult to find...

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Most people don't really look at the Completed Series Archive but I figured most shounen fans would be fans of FMA (and if you're a shounen fan but haven't read FMA... Shame on you!) and interested in this: The prototype chapter of FMA is out and it's rather interesting to see how FMA transited from a one-shot to a series. Here's the discussion thread

To continue from my first sentence, FMA is one of my favorite manga ever, one of the best the shounen genre has to offer and truly a masterpiece. I highly encourage anyone who has yet to read it, or who has only watched the first anime (the 2004 one), to read it asap!

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    You can write anything in cursive. Basically, it looks... Messy Just like any other kind of cursive writing, the strokes are not as defined, some get combined...

Take a look at this - at the letter in the top left hand corner. That's what Tatsuma's cursive handwriting looks like Compare it to this, the Japanese I transcribed off it
    Spoiler show
    In this case it's actually readable, but I've seen cursive Japanese that's really next to impossible to read unless you're used to reading cursive Japanese (some of the words on the envelope a few pages before the page I linked were not readable)
    If anyone wants to know more about Japanese penmanship, I highly recommend Tomehane. Tomehane is about a high school calligraphy club, and besides being a great slice of life manga, does a great job explaining calligraphy. It happens to be one of my favorite series too

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Estranho's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Are there a topic about Ahiru no Sora? (I never get along with this search tool here)
    After a long hiatus, a new group is scanlating it in a regular pace, would be good to have a place to talk about it.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Estranho View Post
    Are there a topic about Ahiru no Sora? (I never get along with this search tool here)
    After a long hiatus, a new group is scanlating it in a regular pace, would be good to have a place to talk about it.
    I used that name to search if there is some thread with that title, and i didn't saw one on the results, so i guess there isn't a topic about that manga

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Estranho View Post
    Sorry, there isn't a topic for that manga yet. Feel free to start one! And remember that anytime there's a series or a topic you'd like to discuss, I would encourage you to take the initiative and start a new thread (this is aimed at all members, btw ^^). There's no need to wait on a mod, everyone can start threads.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello all I'd just like to remind members on common courtesy even when you are private messaging someone. In addition if you have an issue with a moderator action to your post please remember that this is not the end of the world so take a deep breath and reply in a courteous manner as you would in any conversation or post, I don't see why this would be so difficult. Or better yet reflect a bit as to why your post was deleted or modified the answer could be right in front of you.

I'd also like to take the time to tell you all how spoiler tags are not the end of the world so if you actually go on a hissy fit or reply rudely with regard to this manner there is no helping you; keep in mind we have a quick button for spoilers so it is not difficult at all to place. If you truly have an issue that it discourages you from posting then it is no longer of my concern, its a loss but oh well such is life.

Also if a moderator action was done to your post remember to contact the said moderator before doing anything to the post. If your post happens to disappear it would be ill-advised to post it again as chances are it was deleted for an infractions, usually off topic a one liner a thank post or something better of at PM (if it is via PM you should expect a PM from said moderator replying and explaining the situation). Normally we would PM you but really if the post infraction really isn't serious you should not expect one - on the flip side it also means there is no reason to overreact regarding the matter because it really isn't serious so there is no reason to flip out over it again it is not the end of the world.

Also realize there is a case for case basis on certain matters, we aren't mindless zombies that strictly adhere to rules if so believe me a lot more things would be deleted, and we assure you that there is guidance from the global moderators or even administrators. Hence, be at ease at the fact that we do our best in looking into matters if it is indeed contentious.

Thanks
    Last edited by Hamy; November 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone here still following Guyver?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So is there any actuall ongoing baseball manga, which some tragedy-plot like the soccer-manga "Area no Kishi" ?

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by TemplateR View Post
    So is there any actuall ongoing baseball manga, which some tragedy-plot like the soccer-manga "Area no Kishi" ?
    Well, it doesn't have tragedy-plot, but there is a good and currently ongoing baseball manga, called "Daiya no Ace."

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Nurarihyon no Mago's thread was deleted?

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We are very sorry, but due to a recent server crash certain random threads throughout the forum were lost. Mago seems to among among the lost threads. This was not due to human error, nor were any threads deliberately deleted. Threads were deleted on the server side and as such are not recoverable. We apologize for the lost posts and discussions. This was detailed in a forum announcement made at the time of the crash. The best we could do was start a new Mago discussion thread, available here.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Please participate in the awards, We hope you all enjoy it and hope some of your votes get the win!

(Just click on the picture to go the the subsection)

---------- Post added October 24, 2012 at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was October 09, 2012 at 08:39 PM ----------

The second round of the Community Awards Voting has already started.

Please take a look, vote and hopefully your choice would win the poll.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Kawaii Neko 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The last round of the Community Awards Voting has started three days ago and we really need more people giving their vote! Please go ahead guys and help to make this an awesome finish

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast