Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ES21 Anime VS Manga

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ES21 Anime VS Manga

I don't know about you guys, but I personally believe that the anime for Eyeshield 21 is one of the worst transitions I have ever seen going from manga to anime. No, it's not about filler episodes either. In all seriousness, I don't think I can name another anime in which the art has been degraded nearly as much.

If you read Eyeshield 21 manga, you will probably have some pretty memorable moments that usually consist of a double-page spread (or just a rather large drawing) that looks absolutely fantastic. Sometimes these scenes are accompanied by mist/smoke and it looks really cool and sometimes "demonic" (for Deimon).

All of that seems really ruined to me in the Anime, as the colors they use are really childish and wacky. Anyone else feel the same?
    [size=12pt]<br />Want to give back to the community? Visit The Academy.[/size]

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ES21 Anime VS Manga

yeah, the anime is shit. The art was only good for one scene that i can remember and that was when sena crossed the line and told the team that he was eyeshield 21. Every other time the aniime has failed me. I want to check out some of the matches in motion but then im just like fuck it because it sucks so much.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

its true the Anime is so much worst than the manga i stop watching the anime in ep 10 cause its crap
    The Devil is alive i fell them Breathing

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sorata's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

It´s true the anime sucks, i was waiting for episode 47 to see the first game of Oujou after Summer training, their appearence in the manga was so cool(Shin in front of team and Sakuraba, Takami and Outara behind him with wind in their backs), it is a great page of the manga, but when i saw that in the anime version it was totaly messed up(Shin was at the same line as the others and their faces and hairs were completely crap, Sakuraba looked like a monster).
    Did you hear about the man who can´t be destroyed?? = Shin Jin-Ho - "The Immortal"

He is the Fastest highschooler and the Strongest Linebacker in the history of Japan!! = Shin Seijuurou - "The Perfect Player"

If you disrupt the discipline in Namimori he will Bite you to Death!! = Hibari Kyoya - Vongola X´s Strongest Guardian

The man who will be the strongest swordsman!! = Roronoa Zoro - The Pirate Hunter

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

yea they totally destroyed the art in the anime, all the cool scenes have turned really bad and even the faces look different :P

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

The art is bad, but whats worse is that they don't seem to be able to bring the energy from the eyeshield manga's into the animation.

I don't think Sena and co look like they are blowing away the competition in the anime. I really do think the anime producers need to go a little more over the top with the anime to make it anywhere as exciting as the manga.

Something like prince of tennis seems to of been able to make a really good anime, and I see little reason as to why eyeshield couldn't do the same.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I have already seen the anime versions of Slam Dunk, Prince of Tennis and Hajime no Ippo, and the three of them are great just like their mangas. Only Eyeshield which is a great manga as that crapy anime version, the only good points of the anime are Hiruma(great voice and the drawing is not that bad) and the Devil Bat(lololol).
    Did you hear about the man who can´t be destroyed?? = Shin Jin-Ho - "The Immortal"

He is the Fastest highschooler and the Strongest Linebacker in the history of Japan!! = Shin Seijuurou - "The Perfect Player"

If you disrupt the discipline in Namimori he will Bite you to Death!! = Hibari Kyoya - Vongola X´s Strongest Guardian

The man who will be the strongest swordsman!! = Roronoa Zoro - The Pirate Hunter

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member AestheticHyro's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sorata
    I have already seen the anime versions of Slam Dunk, Prince of Tennis and Hajime no Ippo, and the three of them are great just like their mangas. Only Eyeshield which is a great manga as that crapy anime version, the only good points of the anime are Hiruma(great voice and the drawing is not that bad) and the Devil Bat(lololol).
    Maybe it's just me but nearly every anime I've seen doesn't match up to the artwork of the manga (that includes Prince of Tennis). When Eyeshield anime first started, it wasn't all that bad. But it seems the anime artists have been slacking on the episodes lately.

Otherwise, the game I'm looking forward to the most in the anime is Shinryuuji, regardless of how the artwork looks now. Hopefully it won't be "slacking" art since it's a pretty big game (best team that won 9 games in a row for the tournament in the first match - you really CAN'T slack on something like that).

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

they have slacked in every other game so why would they step it up now?

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

It´s true that Slam Dunk, Hajime no Ippo and Prince of Tennis anime version dont match their manga version, but that happens in every anime-manga transition, my point is that Eyeshild 21 manga is really great, and the anime version is really bad, and the last episodes are even worst then the first´s.
    In the beginnig of the anime Shin has lots of muscles(like the manga), but now they draw him thiner than Sena, and taller as Sakuraba and Takami.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the anime art is pretty horrid. manga wins by far for me.
    Though the only good thing in the anime is the pretty nice soundtrack for the anime

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While the manga is definitely better. I love the anime too. Maybe I just haven't watched enough anime to think it should be of better quality, but it's entertaining to me, and I like it.
    Football players, like prostitutes, are in the business of ruining their bodies for the pleasure of strangers.&nbsp; ~Merle Kessler<br /><br />When it comes to football, God is prejudiced - toward big, fast kids. ~Chuck Mills

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner deadpool002's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it was some of the thing they didn't put in the anime, such as Himura's recruiting of Monta by shoving him in the ball cart and zooming down the hall. That had me laughing hard. The nail in the coffin though was how they did the devilbat ghost, after I saw it I was still wait for the awesome effects you would see in the Manga. I actually went back to make sure I wasn't making a mistake.
    ...ack!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member AestheticHyro's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeoShweaty
    they have slacked in every other game so why would they step it up now?
    I didn't say now. I just meant for that game. Right now, they're slacking (Poseidon game anime wasn't good most of it) but I'm saying they shouldn't for the Shinryuuji game cause they're the best team AND Deimon had to face them in the first game of the tournament. Anyways, I just want to see if they can pull off all the kool stuff that's been shown like Yukimitsu's first TD, the fumble, Monta vs Ikkyu and Sena downing Agon.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Watch the spoilers up there...

And what pisses me off about the anime is not just the awful art & animation, but like deadpool mentioned, there's lots of stuff in the manga that's been altered or left out. The biggest one for me was skipping the Oujou & Shinryuuji game. So Sena & Agon have never had their cool first encounter, and my favorite character, Ikkyu, has never appeared when he should have a long time ago =_=

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast