Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: ES21 Anime VS Manga

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ES21 Anime VS Manga

Quote Originally Posted by NeoShweaty
    yeah, the anime is shit.
    you could have stopped right there. flat out, that's the truth. I watched that shit for ten eps and it was manga time lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude.

Just look at this PICTURE.

THAT FACE.

*dies*

X___X

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

The first episodes were done nicely.

And if you want an anime that wrecks the manga's art more than ES21, go see some Air Gear!

And when you say they changed faces, sao, I bet you mean your beloved :P And they really destroyed him! kakei doesn't wear mascara!!!!!! --"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say one positive thing about anime. Because of that anime I got to hear "Survivor" song. It's not opening nor ending and I don't even know the artists name. It's my official "la-la-la I'm reading Eyeshield manga right now ^_^" song. I always listen it when I read new chapter =)

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Any downloads to the anime? I'm interested now. XD

YT won't work for me, so don't link it

Interested in the way, I want to compare too. From the screencap I see (Good God, I could cry at his face) animation sucks. So yeah. I'm still curious. XD

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TEK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don' t like the anime. The manga is so much better and feels so much more epic when reading it. I really dislike how the anime has been altering how the games turn out. Like in the match against the Dokubari Scorpions, in the manga, the Devilbats shut them out big time. But in the anime, they made Hiruma disappear for a while and allowed the Scorpions to get some points. My biggest annoyance is that in the anime in the Seibu match, Musashi did not return for that game. In the manga, Musashi's return in the game was a huge occurrance and it showed the strength of a kicker and how they could fight off a strong team like Seibu with one. I'm just sick of the anime altering everything. I can stand the crappy animations but these story altering changes annoy the heck out of me.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    My biggest annoyance is that in the anime in the Seibu match, Musashi did not return for that game.
    He WHAT?!!?

*screams at the anime creators*

That somehow reminds me of the Black Cat anime, but anywho. I don't see the point of anime cretors chaging things in the storyline. That bothers me alot. o.o;

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

What the fuck?!?! It was about the most important thing in the Seibu match!!

Anyways, survivor is of ZZ who also did the 3rd openening, dang dang, the best opening so far...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering how they're gonna fix this. Wondering if it might end up like FMA.

Post Thanks / Like

I gave up on the anime during episode 70 even as meaningless entertainment (for Hiruma and lack of Musashi) (meaningless, because the manga is vastly superior = makes much more sense, has more details and background of the whole situation and isn't just a Sena-fest). I only watch now if bored.

(Spoiler for before-gap-manga readers in the next paragraph by omission.)

Nevertheless, now I'm afraid they'll add the safety to the next game. That will just mess it up. A special team (my favorite) is supposed to play well in all kicking situations. Well, at least in this manga, one could assume that. It's intriguing to see how they'll portray kicking (especially field goals) in the game overall, since it's been very de-emphasised thus far.

On the side: I consider Innocence and Be Free the best opening and ending.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Innocence and Be free?!?!?! BLAZE and Dang Dang, no competition.

The anime suck, point com :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sorata's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I like both Innocence and Break Trough, and also the ending Blaze Away; and it´s very cool Shin soundtrack, i really like that sound .
    Did you hear about the man who can´t be destroyed?? = Shin Jin-Ho - "The Immortal"

He is the Fastest highschooler and the Strongest Linebacker in the history of Japan!! = Shin Seijuurou - "The Perfect Player"

If you disrupt the discipline in Namimori he will Bite you to Death!! = Hibari Kyoya - Vongola X´s Strongest Guardian

The man who will be the strongest swordsman!! = Roronoa Zoro - The Pirate Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

well, the anime episodes are disappointing but I also like to listen them (i like the seiyuu, which are perfect for the characters...Hiruma especially XD). And some of the situations are just flat out funny...even if they were altered.

it also sparked my interest (now borderline addiction) to the manga...which should be a good point, yes?

What still keeps me watching the anime are the openings, closings, and soundtrack....if only the anime itself was as well drawn as the openings then I would have such a problem with it (even if they changed the storyline somewhat....just take out the useless episodes with the college practices, they made me cringe O_o). [br]Posted on: September 15, 2006, 01:44:59 AM_________________________________________________also how they changed Rikku's character in the anime was just.....depressing and annoying.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Chidoki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It did upset me Musashi didn't appear in the Seibu match, and now I guess he will make his appearance during the Spiders match. I'd still preferred Musashi making his appearance in the Seibu match...sad it will never be animated that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Musashi's appearance in the seibu game rocked and everyone's reactions to his kick were just too great... it's stupid that they didn't animate it that way...

if you want to cringe further watch the jump festa...bleh....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast