Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Which Shichibukai is the Strongest

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dracule Mihawk

15 53.57%
  • Donquixote Doflamingo

7 25.00%
  • Bartholomew Kuma

1 3.57%
  • Boa Hancock

0 0%
  • Blackbeard

4 14.29%
  • Trafalgar Law

0 0%
  • Crocodile

0 0%
  • Gekko Moriah

1 3.57%
  • Jinbe

0 0%
New Reply
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Power of the Shichibukai

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rotten The Wizard's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The strongest Shichibukai? (current)

My guess is that the snake is her primary fighting tool
    Horrendous are the days that I ravage these seas!

One Piece is the most epic manga out, I kid you not.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    As for the strength of his lightning, that's a difference of opinion we won't be able to resolve. I would point that Blackbeard was smiling and stationary when he was about to get hit with Ace's cross attack, the one that knocked over a banana rock prompting the villagers to declare them inhuman. I think you are drastically underestimating Blackbeard's con score.
    We can't be sure if that happened right away or later in the heat of battle. The villagers did say that another rock has fallen or something like it. And that was the first rock we have seen falling.
    And I'm not underestimating anything. Being hit with a fire cross isn't the same as being hit with 100 000 000 volt lightning. He can have a constitution of a whale but it would still knock him out.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If I may join in the discussion; Lighting is alot more deadly in a fight fire. Fire takes time to burn, lighting fries you instantly. For example, had ace's fire lances been out of electricity they would've went right through WB

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Xenos3421's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What about an ability through which she "breaks your heart"?
    Hmmm, a heartbreaker strike huh??

I could see that being her finishing move, but i can't imagine what it would look like.
    ------------------------------------

And i've been thinking about the Shichibukai setup for a while, the seven of them are like an all-star team of badass.

Each of them are mighty and powerful in their own specific ways. Because the shichibukai are not a normal pirate crew they are each infamous pirates!

so i'll say, if there was a one on one, in ANY combination of the shichibukai-
    Whoever has the initiative wins.

Yup. try it out in your head it works.

*edit*
    From RichardMNixon
    " I think you are drastically underestimating Blackbeard's con score.
    on the whole lightning thing,"

haha, yeah BB's got the epic amulet of health and something like a +12 mod at the least!
    I can see him being electrocuted, stabbed, lit on fire, then laugh it off and then dish it back out.

Honestly though, lightning's been shown to be stronger in One Piece then fire.
    Last edited by Xenos3421; April 13, 2009 at 04:09 PM. Reason: a con joke

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten The Wizard View Post
    If I may join in the discussion; Lighting is alot more deadly in a fight fire. Fire takes time to burn, lighting fries you instantly. For example, had ace's fire lances been out of electricity they would've went right through WB
    What basis do you have for this? That's what I'm getting at. I really like electricity, I usually pick wind in fantasy games that have that sort of system, but the fact of the matter is that there is no basis by which you can state that electricity is more harmful than fire. This is not helped at all by having no objective sense of scale in comparing them. Which are you more likely to survive, a lighting strike or having the sun fall on you?

His fire lances did go right through Blackbeard and probably ought to have pierced his lungs, but Blackbeard was shown to be practically invincible.

The reverence people have for Ace means it wouldn't surprise me at all if his bounty was greater than 500 million.

I also reiterate the common adage that amps kill you, not volts, so the voltage of Enel's attacks is irrelevant.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightning strikes faster and harder. That's all there is to it. Lightning will kill you in a second and fire will make you scream in agony.
    Those lances didn't pass through Blackbeard, or pierced his lungs. That would mean that he has super fast regeneration capability.

And what are you saying? That all those Enel enemies passed out from a negative placebo effect? Just because Enel called his attacks using volts, doesn't mean that his lightning lacked amps. I'm not gonna convert volts into amps so that this discussion would be scientifically accurate. I wouldn't know how anyway.
    Last edited by Razh; April 13, 2009 at 04:22 PM.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also reiterate the common adage that amps kill you, not volts, so the voltage of Enel's attacks is irrelevant.
    Hmm, this isn't entirely accurate. It's more accurate to say that watts kill you, which is a combination of volts and amps, but it's still not perfect. The relation is given by V=IR where I is amps and R is resistance. The resistance of a human being is quite high, so the amperage passed through wont be all that high. The resistance remains somewhat constant, so it can be accurate to relate death specifically to a number of volts. 1,000,000 volts is enough to kill any human alive many times over. As a point of reference, a common household electrical socket can kill a human, and it's only 120 volts.

The easiest way to think about volts, amps (current), and ohms (resistance) is with water. You have a barrel of water and you cut a hole in the bottom. The amount of water in the barrel pushing water out of the hole would be volts. The size of the hole would be resistance (smaller hole is bigger resistance). The speed the water leaves the barrel is then amps, which can be derived from the other two values.

Edit: I think BB could handle Enel the same way he handled Ace. If you look at http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/11/ you see that he mentions lightning by name.
    Last edited by Phase; April 13, 2009 at 04:49 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Hmm, this isn't entirely accurate. It's more accurate to say that watts kill you, which is a combination of volts and amps, but it's still not perfect. The relation is given by V=IR where I is amps and R is resistance. The resistance of a human being is quite high, so the amperage passed through wont be all that high. The resistance remains somewhat constant, so it can be accurate to relate death specifically to a number of volts. 1,000,000 volts is enough to kill any human alive many times over. As a point of reference, a common household electrical socket can kill a human, and it's only 120 volts.

The easiest way to think about volts, amps (current), and ohms (resistance) is with water. You have a barrel of water and you cut a hole in the bottom. The amount of water in the barrel pushing water out of the hole would be volts. The size of the hole would be resistance (smaller hole is bigger resistance). The speed the water leaves the barrel is then amps, which can be derived from the other two values.

Edit: I think BB could handle Enel the same way he handled Ace. If you look at http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/11/ you see that he mentions lightning by name.
    he was speaking of his power not his endurance. He stated that his darkness consumes everything

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Both lightning and fire are deadly (as previously mentioned) but lightning is faster as it travels through air (the normal medium of travel) at the speed of light whereas fire doesn't. Also because the human body does not conduct electricity, lightning won't go through a person's body and come out the other side. Fire and electricity do two different types of damage. Fire burns and electricity electrocutes. If Blackbeard could survive being burned that many times I wouldn't be surprised if he could resist being electrocuted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Lightning strikes faster and harder. That's all there is to it. Lightning will kill you in a second and fire will make you scream in agony.
    Those lances didn't pass through Blackbeard, or pierced his lungs. That would mean that he has super fast regeneration capability.
    Exactly. (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece...1/page013.html) The fire lances don't seem to have actually gone through Blackbeard's body, but they have pierced his skin (hence the blood). If they had skewered through him he would be dead, regardless of his superhuman endurance as no one can survive long with punctured lungs or heart.

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

he was speaking of his power not his endurance. He stated that his darkness consumes everything
    That's exactly right, he has the power to suck in lightning. So Enel doesn't stand a chance, because he'll get sucked in just like Ace.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    That's exactly right, he has the power to suck in lightning. So Enel doesn't stand a chance, because he'll get sucked in just like Ace.
    yea lighting moves at about 186,000 miles per second. Sorry but Enel would rape BB in his current state(he hasnt fully mastered his DF) and If A lightning bolt from god wont kill him I'm sure a Trident to the face will

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

yea lighting moves at about 186,000 miles per second. Sorry but Enel would rape BB in his current state(he hasnt fully mastered his DF) and If A lightning bolt from god wont kill him I'm sure a Trident to the face will
    Eneru is too fast for most of the characters in One Piece to keep up with (except Kizaru and Kuma etc.). Aside from his god-like speed his devastating attacks are practically fatal in one attack as well. In fact, there are most likely not many characters in One Piece that could even fight on par with Eneru. Blackbeard would not be able to draw Eneru in with his gravity due to Eneru being too fast . And though one attack from Eneru may not be enough to take down Blackbeard, more attacks will. Luffy had another stroke of luck that his rubber state was immune to lightning/electricity.

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible that Blackbeard would have beaten Enel I guess. But it would be really hard. Enel probably has the strongest fruit there is. Overall I mean. Attack power and speed by itself are more than enough. When you add the ability to hear thoughts it's just too much.

But we're straying a little here.

It's a shame that we don't know that much about other Shichibukai abilties.
    Doflamingo's ability is interesting. The people he controls retain their senses but can't do anything to control their limbs. I don't think it's some simple strings at work. Doflamingo couldn't make people clench their fists by pulling strings. It's almost like he controls nervous impulses.
    I'm curious about his fighting capabilities. He doesn't strike me as an unarmed fighter. First time I saw him, I thought he was some swordsman, but there is no sword, unless he's hiding it in those feathers.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackbeard states that nothing can escape gravity, even lightning. Once he starts using his vortex, no amount of "speed" is going to counter it. If I learn to run fast enough, will I stop being pulled towards the ground? Even photons themselves (light particles for those who don't know) can't escape the effects of gravity. Light waves are shown to "bend" towards planets. Enel can do all kinds of damage while he's being sucked in, but chances are that he can't do enough to kill BB.

Once BB has Enel in his grasp, Enel's powers are gone and it's game over.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It's possible that Blackbeard would have beaten Enel I guess. But it would be really hard. Enel probably has the strongest fruit there is. Overall I mean. Attack power and speed by itself are more than enough. When you add the ability to hear thoughts it's just too much.

But we're straying a little here.

It's a shame that we don't know that much about other Shichibukai abilties.
    Doflamingo's ability is interesting. The people he controls retain their senses but can't do anything to control their limbs. I don't think it's some simple strings at work. Doflamingo couldn't make people clench their fists by pulling strings. It's almost like he controls nervous impulses.
    I'm curious about his fighting capabilities. He doesn't strike me as an unarmed fighter. First time I saw him, I thought he was some swordsman, but there is no sword, unless he's hiding it in those feathers.
    In my eyes DoFlamingo is a weakling until proven strong. The power to control people? C'mon I'm pretty sure that doesnt work against strong willed people. Im not sure thats the scope of his abilities he may be able to control inanimate objects as well.

MAYBE he's a psychic. Anyone ever thought of that? That would be really interesting.
    Or maybe its telekinesis

New Reply
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast