Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Which Shichibukai is the Strongest

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dracule Mihawk

15 53.57%
  • Donquixote Doflamingo

7 25.00%
  • Bartholomew Kuma

1 3.57%
  • Boa Hancock

0 0%
  • Blackbeard

4 14.29%
  • Trafalgar Law

0 0%
  • Crocodile

0 0%
  • Gekko Moriah

1 3.57%
  • Jinbe

0 0%
New Reply
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Power of the Shichibukai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    Stabbing yourself isn't a good way to beat anyone, much less a Shichibukai (my apologies if you were being sarcastic). If he has to keep hurting himself just to be near her, how is he going to attack her or defend against her other attacks?
    It actually says something about Momonga, he got hit by her from a surprise attack. Yet had enough reaction speed to pull out a knife and stab himself in the arm to save himself and I haven't even begun with the amount of time he had to do all that was considerably cut down by the fact that he had to find a weakness to a DF which it's unlikely that he had anything more then a rudimentary knowledge(if any).

In a fight where he's actually expecting her attack and knows her ability I'd see the battle going very differently.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I imagine it will be speed that conquers Kuma, not brute strength. In fact, the stronger the reflected hit, the stronger the reflected damage right? Some of the strongest repels have been off some of the strongest attacks we know (i.e. Luffy's jet pistol). Kuma cannot have his hands everywhere, so I can almost see a Gomu Gomu no Jet Gattling Gun breaking through Kuma. And when I say almost, I mean Luffy would need to be able to rebound very fast from the blocked attacks, which is not something he seems of a level to do atm.

So in a way, yes brute strength. However it won't be in the force of the attack, but in the force of the recovery.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to deal in speed with Kuma... only if you can use a surprise attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with u guys,between the Shichi,Mihawk and BB are the strongest probably....Kuma for sure is strong but I don't think is his main attribute,I think there's something more to him!!!Hancock probably is stronger than Moria and Crocodile....but guys like Jinbei and Doflamingo are still stronger,even if we didn't see them!!!!

About the marine rankings,that's true,is not only power!!!!we have seen a lot of VA and probably there r huge differences between them...not mentioning Garp,I just remember in Ohara when Aokiji killed Saul.Yes Saul was strong enough to take a battleship with his barehands but Aokiji killed him in no time....and I think there r a lot of VA weaker than them at that time...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Time for the top 3 SH's to move up to Shichibukai level?

Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    I would also bet Doflamingo, Kuma and Mihawk spend a great amount of their time in the New World.
    Not necessarily. Certainly not a great amount of time. They aren't exactly popular among other pirates. New World could be too dangerous for "Government watchdogs".
    I'd say Jinbei is different, since he can easilly get to NW and is close to Whitebeard. Kuma on the other hand is a story of it's own since he can go wherever he pleases.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing the new asset of the shichibukai........the only level they can reach right now,is Moria's in the worst case and Hancock in the best case!!!!!!
    BB,Mihawk,Kuma,DoFlamingo and Jinbei are in another league........totally!

Jinbei is close to Whitebeard???ahahah ah funny funny!!!!!Jinbei just own a sort of debt to him,cause he saved FI from caos long time ago.....do u really think that they are friend??Jinbei almost killed Ace,and we know how far WB can go if someone hurt his sons....

However,to say that the NW is dangerous for the Shichi.....damn,are u serious?!
    Is dangerous for who???for the strongest swordman in the world that doesn't want to fight Shanks anymore....(cause he lost an arm).......is dangerous for BB that has the strongest Logia around.........or for Kuma that has a cyborg body,can move at the speed of light,and send u everywhere he want???
    Really what r u talking about?!DoFlamingo is quite a badass,ready to overcome everyone....where do u think are we going to meet him?was he in the first half??
    Jinbei is the strongest fishman......
    Hancock has king haki,a DF charming every man........mmmmm....

yeah,maybe for Moria that fought "even" with one of the yonkou....

Crocodile to a certain extent was the weaker,but seriously....that was plot no jutsu....he can dry an entire palace and he had problem with two drops on his skin....

And however,is not like the others pirate team up to fight those guys!if u consider 3 silver medalist as the yonkou,how many others do u think there are that can fight at least evenly with those guys?????mah...

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yans86 View Post
    Jinbei is close to Whitebeard???ahahah ah funny funny!!!!!Jinbei just own a sort of debt to him,cause he saved FI from caos long time ago.....do u really think that they are friend??Jinbei almost killed Ace,and we know how far WB can go if someone hurt his sons....
    Only thing that's funny here is you. I suggest you read chapter 529 again, more accurately this page, where Jinbei says that he had visited Whitebeard's ship many times.
    And for your information, the fight between Ave and Jinbei happened before Ace actually joined Whitebeard pirates, as it is evident from Ace's flashback when he spoke with Garp in one of previous chapters.
    I don't want to give you a link to that, nor should I.

Quote Quote:
    However,to say that the NW is dangerous for the Shichi.....damn,are u serious?!
    Is dangerous for who???for the strongest swordman in the world that doesn't want to fight Shanks anymore....(cause he lost an arm).......is dangerous for BB that has the strongest Logia around.........or for Kuma that has a cyborg body,can move at the speed of light,and send u everywhere he want???
    Really what r u talking about?!DoFlamingo is quite a badass,ready to overcome everyone....where do u think are we going to meet him?was he in the first half??
    Jinbei is the strongest fishman......
    Hancock has king haki,a DF charming every man........mmmmm....
    I am serious. That sort of generalization is a very poor argument. After all, one man can only do so much against an entire crew. Or maybe more of them. You think Mihawk can dsetroy ships and kill people with no end without getting tired?
    You think Blackbeard can avoid a rain of bullets or cannonballs?
    Doflamingo? Yes, he's probably strong, but who knows how strong. And how do you know where he was? Especially you, who didn't even know that Jinbei was on Whitebeard's ship many times.
    If you're going to provoke me or try to discredit my arguments, at least put some thought in what you're going to write.

Quote Quote:
    yeah,maybe for Moria that fought "even" with one of the yonkou....
    Who knows how many years ago. And you're not exactly even with your enemy when you get beaten and lose your entire crew.

Quote Quote:
    And however,is not like the others pirate team up to fight those guys!if u consider 3 silver medalist as the yonkou,how many others do u think there are that can fight at least evenly with those guys?????mah...
    Not all of the pirates are honorable people. Nobody compels pirates to give fair fights. And there are probably a lot of crews who wouldn't hesitate to kill on of Shichibukai by any means necessary.
    We had a fine example with Moria. Was he going to fight Kaidou evenly, mano a mano, or was he going to use his army of zombies to bring him and his crew down?
    Last edited by Razh; February 16, 2009 at 06:56 AM.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bax View Post
    I have no doubt that Luffy wouldn't disband his crew (a requirement for being one) for him to be able to be a Shichibukai.
    We can't say for sure that disbanding your crew is a requirement for becoming a Shichibukai. It was just stated that Jinbei had to leave a part of his crew in East Blue.
    Doflamingo has pirates under him, Moria was peacefully increasing his crew without being bothered, Hancock still has her pirate crew...
    And I really doubt that Blackbeard abandoned his crewmembers which were so nicely introduced to the story.
    So, no I don't think that disbanding your crew is a basic requirement for Shichibukai post, just a condition that is given to some of them. Each of them is in a different situation. Like Hancock and her island were left alone till she does what WG says. It was probably the same with Jinbei and Fishman Island.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Razh,u really make me laugh!
    Shanks too has visited WB and they know each other from a long time...are they friend?!
    Ace fought against Jinbei before fighting and joining WB???ahahaha u r funny!!!!u can draw that page if u want :-P maybe it's u the one that has to read again http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/529/03/ (I post it cause I'm a gentleman)...

To WB and Jinbei to talk each other is normal,fishman island it's his territory,but Jinbei is not only shichibukai but also the strongest fishman and an ex pirate,why can't they have business???

If Mihawk was that weak.....why didn't they took him down already?he his a dog of the government and he his all alone right?!.........tsk

DoFlamingo is a badass or he wouldn't be a Shichi first of all.....secondly he want become the Pirate King and he HAS a crew....I don't know where he was,but I know what he want to do,and I know that the slave business take him a lot of money,million berry.....what is he supposed to do with all them?please tell me,someone that want to become pirate king,what is going to do with all those money?holidays?!

About Moria I wrote "even".....between elipses......do u know what it means?that is supposed that they fought evenly but actually no one knows.However it's a clear hint that he was able to stand and fight almost at his level at least,even if he loose....
    I know that u never listen such expression,but that's only your problem!

Pirates are for definition evil......Moria could have fought as the way he wanted,if he would have won,he would have one,no compassion for the loser,only shame.However if there are all this team of super strong pirate to takedown the shichibukai,tell me where are they THANKS

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yans86 View Post
    Razh,u really make me laugh!
    Shanks too has visited WB and they know each other from a long time...are they friend?!
    Ace fought against Jinbei before fighting and joining WB???ahahaha u r funny!!!!u can draw that page if u want :-P maybe it's u the one that has to read again http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/529/03/ (I post it cause I'm a gentleman)...
    I just assumed you actualy read it.
    Here, does this here ring any bells? - http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/525/03/

And stop being so rude. That's no way to contribute a discussion. Certainly not what a gentleman would do.
    And you killed my desire for any response, other than giving you the link.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Aha haah a perfect the bells are ringing!!!!!he fought WB here,not Jinbei as u said :-D

However,if u say that Mihawk can't keep up........how can Luffy with a crew of 10 persons become the pirate king against the world(pirate+marine+everyone out there)????boh............tsk
    Last edited by Yans86; February 16, 2009 at 08:48 AM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, calm down people. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. If you wish to argue with it, argue it properly. No need to attack anyone else, what's the point of a discussion if you do anyway? By all means, if you think you're right, give proofs from pages and such. Unless it is explicitly said so in the manga, everyone's thoughts here are merely opinions, theories and guesses, so everyone is equal here.

Thanks.
    Last edited by bax; February 16, 2009 at 09:05 AM.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

People?
    I'm perfectly calm. I always give proof when it's available. So I hope that slap on the wrist wasn't pointed at my direction too, since I'm not the one who got emotionally involved in this discussion.

So, about my "theory" that Jinbei was fighting Ace before he actually joined the crew.
    We have Ace and Jinbei talking about their fight. Than Jinbei says that he was only trying to be of some use to Whitebeard. That should be enough for most people to conclude that Ace wasn't part of Whitebeard pirates at the time of the fight. After all, how could Jinbei be of use to Whitebeard by almost killing his second mate?
    And just because Jinbei isn't shown in Ace's flashback, doesn't mean that it wasn't him. Ace's opponent wasn't relevant for that flashback. Only thing that was releveant was the way Whitebeard took him in.
    Also, if Jinbei is friend with Whitebeard pirates, why oh why would he fight Ace almost to the death?

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually,after remembering the fight he had with Ace(and is not like WB and Marco couldn't handle it).....the argument goes forward.
    When Jinbei says " I just wanted to be of some use to that man",is addressing to the current situation and his will to help WB in this matter.He explain why he want to help him (story of Fishman island) http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/529/03/.....then again at the end of the story he used the same words,saying "I wanted to stop this battle if it cost me my life!!!!I wanted to get you outta here Ace-San"

He always use "WANTED",but is more than clear that is talking about the current situation.
    Last edited by Yans86; February 16, 2009 at 10:57 AM.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

That's more like it.

Yeah, it could be interpreted that way, it's not like I didn't try to see it that way before.
    But when I thought about it more, it became obvious that Jinbei said it in an apologetic way. After all, he was talking about himself at the time, and it doesn't make sense to suddenly refer to the current situation and then continue the story.

And the fact that he used the same words doesn't mean absolutely nothing. Nothing weird about it. After all, I hear it around me every day.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

New Reply
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast