Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Which Shichibukai is the Strongest

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dracule Mihawk

    15 53.57%
  • Donquixote Doflamingo

    7 25.00%
  • Bartholomew Kuma

    1 3.57%
  • Boa Hancock

    0 0%
  • Blackbeard

    4 14.29%
  • Trafalgar Law

    0 0%
  • Crocodile

    0 0%
  • Gekko Moriah

    1 3.57%
  • Jinbe

    0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 304

Thread: The Power of the Shichibukai

  1. #16
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,643
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

    I think it depends on the VA in question, since they all vary in power. I think garp, for example, could fight and even defeat moria, or some other shichibukai, but that wouldnt nesesarily be the case for other VAs, who could probably be defeated by franky or brook.

    Ranks arent absulote in OP, just look at smoker. He could probably take most of the shown VA and a few shichibukai.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,032
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

    Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    On the note of underestimating, I think you're doing that with the Shichibukai. Is it because there are 7 of them whilst only 3 admirals and 4 yonkou? A balance of power doesn't mean that each of them are equal in strength, but influence of power.
    The Yonkou have mates that may be strong as themselfes. And the Marines have another fighters with a world-class power...
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  4. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think it depends on the VA in question, since they all vary in power. I think garp, for example, could fight and even defeat moria, or some other shichibukai, but that wouldnt nesesarily be the case for other VAs, who could probably be defeated by franky or brook.

    Ranks arent absulote in OP, just look at smoker. He could probably take most of the shown VA and a few shichibukai.
    Yes, Garp and Smoker would be my two pet "Rankings mean nothing, so don't say VA > Shichibukai". I do think Smoker could defeat some Shichibukai, but I rate Smoker as half a step behind admirals in my mental One Piece world. Sadly we haven't seen him really fight, so I may not know for some time. Garp on the other hand is a VA, but I imagine, unlike other VA's, it is solely because of his strength. I can see Garp easily arguing with superiors, etc so promotions would have been hard earned for him.

    In fact, both are very similiar in a way. I still think Smoker will be to Luffy what Garp was to Roger...well, not so much as "think" as "hope". In this way it's a shame we haven't seen more Moku Moku...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovefoxes View Post
    The Yonkou have mates that may be strong as themselfes. And the Marines have another fighters with a world-class power...
    Nothing to say Yonkou's have mates as strong as themselves, though from what we know Ace is definitely something.

    My main point was that: Because there are 7 Shichibukai, and 2 of these were defeated by rookies most people are putting them all in a lower category. How many people would automatically write-off Kuma against Admirals just because he's a Shichibukai?

    Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.


    Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

  5. #19
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

    Quote Quote:
    I can also easily reference Saul, an ex-Vice Admiral. If Crocodile couldn't beat him with his one good hand tied behind his back then Crocodile's Oda-revised bounty meant absolutely nothing. And Moria can beat...actually I'm getting tired of defending Moria, but he can still beat a VC and I shouldn't need to even argue that. You almost made it sound like Oz got beaten by Luffy alone, or that a VC is way stronger than Luffy.

    On the note of underestimating, I think you're doing that with the Shichibukai. Is it because there are 7 of them whilst only 3 admirals and 4 yonkou? A balance of power doesn't mean that each of them are equal in strength, but influence of power.
    Saul was strong.

    Didn't he like, completely pwn 4 of the buster ships by himself?

    Anyway, my logic goes something like this. The WG is the world's strongest power, it has authority over all the countries in the world. Of course, Sengoku and the 3 Admirals are the very foundations of the WG, however, they can't be everywhere at once. It seems quite likely that the the 4th-10th most powerful marines should be able to beat a couple of rookies like Luffy or Kidd, or else the WG would have been overthrown ages ago. It is impossible for 3 Admirals to keep the 4 Yonkou, countless pirates and revolutionaries in check without adequate support form the lower ranks, and this includes Vice Admirals and Commodores. Remember, even Garp is a Vice Admiral, and I think he could quite easily beat Moria (yes I know hes a special case, but hes still a VA).

    Quote Quote:
    On the note of underestimating, I think you're doing that with the Shichibukai
    Nah, I just rate Crocodile lowly. I think Moria is very strong, the average VA might not be able to beat him. However, Croc and Moria are the two weakest members fo the Shichibukai. Kuma and Mihawk are on entirely different levels. We can see that even within the Shichibukai, there are huge differences in power between the members, and I think its the same case with the Vice Admirals.

    Quote Quote:
    Nothing to say Yonkou's have mates as strong as themselves, though from what we know Ace is definitely something.
    Pretty sure Ben Beckman, Yasopp, Lucky Roux and Marco are no pushovers either..

  6. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

    Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    I think you over-estimate Vice Admirals on the other hand. I've seen at least 10 Vice-admirals in One Piece with power ranging from flashback Aokoji to the guy whose ship got creamed in the middle of the LuffyvLucchi fight. If Vice-Admirals were of the power you have just rated them, do you think he would have been able to stop the destruction to his ship?
    I don't think there was a VA on the ship where Lucci and Luffy fought.On order from a VA they attacked the ship and sacrificed like 1k ppl.

    Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    My main point was that: Because there are 7 Shichibukai, and 2 of these were defeated by rookies most people are putting them all in a lower category. How many people would automatically write-off Kuma against Admirals just because he's a Shichibukai?
    U are completly right. There is a power lvl among each groups as well.

    I believe a VA is strong, maybe some are able to defeat Gecko while some not. Garp is entirely a different case. Same with Kaido, I don't think he is that strong, I even believe he is the weakest Yonko.

  7. #21
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,643
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

    Given the recent developments about haki, hancock and earn a few points in my book. She could probably be among the stronger shichinukai, even win without using her turning people to stone ability. We know that she can hurt logias and other DF users because of her ability and apparently has a monstrous amount of haki which she still hasnt mastered.

  8. #22
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Given the recent developments about haki, hancock and earn a few points in my book. She could probably be among the stronger shichinukai, even win without using her turning people to stone ability. We know that she can hurt logias and other DF users because of her ability and apparently has a monstrous amount of haki which she still hasnt mastered.
    For the record, whether or not Haki can damage Logias is still unknown. It just looks that way now, but it very well may not be true. And Hancock CAN control her Haki, that lack of control line was referring to Luffy. That was a mistaken translation.
    Avatar by AnnouncerGuy


    Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

  9. #23
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,643
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

    ^That was a mistranslation? lol, IDK that...
    I know haki wasnt stated to be able to harm logias, but at least it has been heavily implied. And not only for logias but for any DF user. Werent the gorgon sisters able to hurt luffy because of their haki?

  10. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    892
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

    Looked to me like Momonga have more trouble fighting a sea king than Captain T-Bone; I think there is a lot of spread within the marines. Hell, look at VA Tsuru, I don't see her taking on Crocodile. I'm still hoping Akainu is a weak fighter, just an unfeeling absolute justice zealot. Maybe with non-combat DF like Mr. 2.

    I'd say the VAs at Enies Lobby were all weaker than Lucci, they seemed to think he couldn't lose. Is that what you would think while watching the fight of someone weaker than you? If you can beat them, wouldn't you expect someone else to be able to?

    As for the Schicibukai, I'd say the average VA could not take any of them, though Garp, Smoker, or (I'm going out on a limb here) Saul probably could. I'm certain Momonga doesn't have a chance against Hancock; the man has to stab himself just to stay alive, that's not a good way to win a fight. The admirals and/or Sengoku are stronger though, I don't think Mihawk would submit to the WG if they had no threats on him.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

  11. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Google
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

    Of course he had to stab himself it's the only real way to beat a Sichibuki like Hancock.

  12. #26
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

    All ranks in the Marines seem to have a general strength level with notable exceptions.

    For instance, Captain seems to be a fairly weak rank (In terms of the overall power scale). I would put your average Captain... oh, I'd say maybe around Krieg or Kuro's strength? Somewhere in there. But then there are exceptions like Nezumi, who was godawful, and Smoker, who is godhax.

    For Vice Admirals, I'd say the average power would be around... I want to say maybe mid-CP9. Maybe Kaku or Jyabura would be a good example of a Vice Admiral's strength, normally. Of course there are exceptions like Garp, who would be a bit too outspoken and rebellious to get promoted to Admiral I think.

    As for the Shichibukai... most of them could and SHOULD be able to take out a ship of marines and a Vice Admiral, in my opinion. Garp and other notable exceptions don't count, of course.

  13. #27
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Inkovic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    375
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

    I for one am shocked with a lot of people's low rankings Kuma, but I guess we have to expect Mihawk and BB to be insanely strong so they have to be ahead of him but Kuma looks invincible so far does he not? Name one character who the SH struggled so much against than him.

  14. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

    Don't worry Inkovic, I'm with you on that. Kuma is on high tier with them, and he has built quite the reputation for himself lately. He may not be the final boss that Mihawk and Blackbeard are most likely, but I doubt there will be a thick line between his strength and theirs.

    On Marines: anything less than admiral has power gaps based on the way they rose through the ranks. Strength is not the only way to rise through the ranks, but it would be a requirement to be an admiral.

    Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.


    Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

  15. #29
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

    No, people are far overrating Kuma.

  16. #30
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

    Why do you say that?

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

New Reply
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts