Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Which Shichibukai is the Strongest

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dracule Mihawk

15 53.57%
  • Donquixote Doflamingo

7 25.00%
  • Bartholomew Kuma

1 3.57%
  • Boa Hancock

0 0%
  • Blackbeard

4 14.29%
  • Trafalgar Law

0 0%
  • Crocodile

0 0%
  • Gekko Moriah

1 3.57%
  • Jinbe

0 0%
New Reply
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Power of the Shichibukai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Power of the Shichibukai

Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    Of course he had to stab himself it's the only real way to beat a Sichibuki like Hancock.
    Stabbing yourself isn't a good way to beat anyone, much less a Shichibukai (my apologies if you were being sarcastic). If he has to keep hurting himself just to be near her, how is he going to attack her or defend against her other attacks?

We still need to see how haki works to figure out the top tiers. I think we can assume Kuma is not the most powerful person in the world. If it wasn't possible to negate his ability, I think he would be, it's essentially a one-hit KO on anyone. I think there is some mechanism by which you could say "No thanks, Kuma. I'll stay here for now."
    Last edited by RichardMNixon; November 16, 2008 at 04:02 PM.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

There isn't, because that's not how his DF works.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

does anyone else think that luffy is shichibukai level after he killed 2 of them and can clearly beat hancock since her powers dont work on him

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Clearly beat hancock? LOL
    Hancock has been acknowledge as arguably the strongest kuja, her first bounty was 80 million and just with that she became a shichibukai. Not only that but she is able to use haki, and it has been implied she has a lot of haki. Also the only power hancock has that didnt work on luffy is the ability to turn people into stone. Her bullet kiss worked quite well and she probably has other abilities.
    Unfortunately boa hasnt really done anything yet, she has barely moved a finger, it is way to soon to asume she is weak. I wouldnt be surprise in the least bit if she turns out to be among the strongest shichibukai, hell I would be disapointed if she isnt. Given everything shown in the manga so far, I wouldnt be surprise if luffy doesnt stand a chance in hell of beating her. Guess we have to wait and see, but still, saying luffy can clearly beat hancock is seriously understimating her.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    There isn't, because that's not how his DF works.
    Getting kicked is not in accordance with how Kizaru's power works either; it still happened.

I agree that we really don't have any idea how strong Hancock is. It is pretty telling that she made one act as a pirate and the WG immediately noticed her.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member toxun's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kikrox1 View Post
    does anyone else think that luffy is shichibukai level after he killed 2 of them and can clearly beat hancock since her powers dont work on him
    Beat them yes, but he didn't kill them as shown crocodile on cover story & umm Moria is taken away by Hogback & Absalom (it seem he still alive or they won't bother to take him away). Well, we already seen that Hancock is beaten in the heart

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

As soon as Luffy has mastered haki, I even believe he is almost on top tier lvl. Also there isn't such a "Shichi lv", since there are some weaklings (Croco) among them as well as some top tier dogs (Mwk).

About Hancock, seeing how Oda is building her up, I believe she is one of the weaker ones.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    Getting kicked is not in accordance with how Kizaru's power works either; it still happened.
    Don't compare Kuma and Kizaru, because their powers can't compare at all.
    You suggested that there is a way that you can say to Kuma that you don't feel like going anywhere. And I'm saying that his paws repel every object, be it a rock or an ice-cream truck or a man. His question doesn't have anything to do with it.
    So, if Kuma touches you with his paws, you're gonna fly until you reach an obstacle.

@blackhair: Don't let Oda pull a fast one one you. The way she behaves doesn't need to have anything to do with her strenght in battle.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't compare Kuma and Kizaru, because their powers can't compare at all.
    You suggested that there is a way that you can say to Kuma that you don't feel like going anywhere. And I'm saying that his paws repel every object, be it a rock or an ice-cream truck or a man. His question doesn't have anything to do with it.
    So, if Kuma touches you with his paws, you're gonna fly until you reach an obstacle.
    I'm not suggesting it has anything to do with his question, just that a strong or strong-willed person can resist being repelled to an extent. If you still disagree with that then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

On Doflamingo's power, have we ever seen him control more than one person at a time? My impression was that while killing Bellamy he only had control of Sarquiss.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not suggesting it has anything to do with his question, just that a strong or strong-willed person can resist being repelled to an extent. If you still disagree with that then we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    Strong will? It's not Haki, it's Devil Fruit power.
    Luffy's strong will didn't stop him from being sucked dry or turned into an ice sculpture either. That paw just deflects things, whether they like it or not.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Strong will? It's not Haki, it's Devil Fruit power.
    Luffy's strong will didn't stop him from being sucked dry or turned into an ice sculpture either. That paw just deflects things, whether they like it or not.
    To avoid getting off topic I started a new thread about the core of the issue. http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showt...55#post1115955

Do Devil Fruit Powers Scale with their User?

Edit: Got moved to the Devil Fruit thread, link still works.
    Last edited by RichardMNixon; November 17, 2008 at 12:21 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

On Doflamingo's power, have we ever seen him control more than one person at a time? My impression was that while killing Bellamy he only had control of Sarquiss.
    The fools around say "Why does Bellamy don't move?"...
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovefoxes View Post
    The fools around say "Why does Bellamy don't move?"...
    Is that in the anime or manga? Neither of the translations I have mention that.

While the puppeteer thing is pretty ridiculous in most cases, I don't think what we've seen so far from Doflamingo is very scary. The people he controls move quite slowly while fighting against his power the whole time (thought maybe that wasn't Oda's intention? you can't really judge their speed in the manga), and I'm still not sure he can control more than one person. I hope there's more to him that we haven't seen yet. I'm judging his power based primarily on his bounty, his influence, and his attitude (attacking marines in Mariejoa).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

@blackhair: Don't let Oda pull a fast one one you. The way she behaves doesn't need to have anything to do with her strenght in battle.
    Im very well aware of that. Tbh everything hints towards her being strong, such as:
    • She was not suprised to see Luffy's speed (G2) and she was also not surprised after Mamongo countered her ability with pain, which let me conclude she must possess a rly impressive fighting ability/power/strength.
    • With introducing her, haki was more "specialized". It is also known, that she can use haki. Adding that to her natural fighting ability, would make her apart from her devil fruit damn strong.
    • She was one of the later introduced fighting character (Shichi), thus I believe she must be strong.
    However, on the other hand her strongest subordinates (her sisters) were taken down by Luffy. Usually if the Boss is damn strong, the protagonist would have trouble beating her best subordinates. But this was not the case, Luffy was taking both of them at the same time, he was also able to terrify them with his haki. Also Oda is making her into a pathetic character.

Well, Im just saying things have changed a bit in the recent chapters. I still think she is strong, but not as I used to think at the beginning. Anyway, Im putting her lower than the monster trio atm. <- I have no basics to say that, just the impression I got from her, basically my mere opinion.

Why do u think Bellamy didn't dodge that? probably coz he wasn't able to, since Flamingo was controlling him as well. Also I remember him playing with the marine officers, both at the same time.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure abouz Bellamy, but I'm pretty sure Doflamingo was controlling only one of them.

There was really no need for a new topic on this.
    It's true that there are different levels of DF development. But Kuma's deflection is an elemental thing for his fruit. Just like Ace's fire burns people, Foxy's rays slow objects down or Buggy splits his body parts.
    So, he deflects any objects with his paws.
    Now, deflecting himself around and deflecting pain and fatigue or making bomb out of compressed air are different things, and he probably had to make a lot of effort to be able to use his DF in that way.

What I'm saying is that nobody, no matter how strong will he has, can't avoid being thrown away by those paws. And anything that can stop the flight is an obstacle, as we have already seen.
    Now, I think it is possible that someone could avoid being deflected by those paws, but it would require a tremendous amount of body strenght.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

New Reply
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast