Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Kenpachi VS Hitsguya

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kenpachi

87 76.99%
  • Hitsguya

26 23.01%
New Reply
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenpachi VS Hitsguya

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member yellowman1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi VS Hitsguya

Eye path two hands kenpachi
    Bankai no limit hitsguya

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kenpachi VS Hitsguya

Absolutely no competition. Kenpachi any day of the week.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Darek Khort's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitsugaya. Because I believe Kubo will pull something out of Hitsu that will make him elite.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

seriously....?

Kenny.

if part of his body got frozen, and he couldn't just break out (which he could anyways, probably with his reiatsu alone) he would just break that part of him off HIMSELF and use it as a weapon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spiteful thread is Spiteful.

Anyone who says Hitsugaya is going off a theory, which while I endorse, is about the equivalent of saying Kenpachi has Shikai or Bankai. No canon proof.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darek Khort View Post
    Hitsugaya. Because I believe Kubo will pull something out of Hitsu that will make him elite.
    Really? Because I'm pretty sure one of the canon rules of Bleach is that--with the exception of Ichigo--Kenpachi isn't allowed to lose at anything. Ever.

Not that I have an issue with that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Darek Khort's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless Kubo stated that Kenpachi wouldn't lose at anything himself; I can say the same for most Bleach characters who have never died. Yet.
    If Hitsugaya can hold his own with Halibel and if the theory behind Hitsugaya's petals (the non-bankai-die one) holds, who knows. (I doubt ANY of them will defeat a top 3 Espada; I reckon they will all lose and the Vizards shall come in to save the day)

Sure Kenpachi's a real psycho and all with mad reiatsu, but it is this madness that I believe blinds him. He simply hacks away with mad bloodlust. He allows his opponents to cut him up and all. I doubt he spends time analysing his opponent and checking out whether the opponent's attack will hurt him or not. He isn't that type of guy, and I reckon that would be his downfall.
    (of course if he goes full-Kendo-mode on his enemies in the future with all the 'feelings', 'presence' and skill that come with the style, he could easily take on Hitsugaya at Hitsu's current state without petals disappearing).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Raimaru's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

This poll is pointless. This forum has way too many Kenpachi fanboys to get a proper result. Additionally, we don't know what happens when all of Hitsugaya's ice petals break, which means we don't know his limits.
    On the other hand, the same goes for Kenpachi.

Judging from their abilites alone, my vote goes for Hitsugaya. Zaraki's fighting style only works against brute strengh users like Ichigo and Nnoitora or mental weaklings like Tousen.
    I don't like this place's current development ... its uniqueness will be reduced to 1/3.
    [hr]Awesome and realistic theory about Madara's biggest secret! (Don't mind the thread title )[hr]MangaHelpers German Thread (v.4)
    MH Boobs Thread (R.I.P.) ;(

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Joshua~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I will go for Hitsugaya. It doesn't have to do with just spiritual pressure alone. It is about your whole as a shinigami. Spiritual pressure plays a big role but there is much more to it than that to make a great warrior. Kenpachi has a copious amount of spiritual pressure while Hitsugaya has an infinite amount of attacks do to the water in the air. His spiritual pressure just adds to his arsenal to create attacks like Ryukessen.

If people want to go by past experiences on Hitsugaya to determine how "weak" he is then i will do the same for Kenpachi. Fighting Ichigo who only had the Shikai form of his sword without knowing GT made Kenpachi admit that he lost. Kenpachi is sort of arrogant in his own. Every fight he gets into he lets his oponents cut him. Let's say Hitsugaya takes Kenpachi's power into consideration and pulls out a demi-god move and Kenpachi is out of the picture? What then? Let's say none of them take each other's abilities for granted? Hitsugaya can attack from long range and slow Kenpachi down. Sure he might break out a couple times, but after awhile getting hit with a giant dragon that freezes everything it touches kinda gets to someone. Wouldn't it?
    "I pray for the strength to change what I can,
    The inability to accept what I can't,
    And the incapacity to tell the difference...."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

how can hit. beat or even hope to slow him down yammi was more then a match for him breaking out of his ice and saying quote unquote "nice chill" then shaking the shavings off and ken. again defeated the 5th. come to think of it hit. has never actually finished a fight other then the 11th arrcar and soon after exploding in blood and falling out of the sky and azien doing a 1 hit ko on him.
    ~There is a thin line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Joshua~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yellowman1 View Post
    how can hit. beat or even hope to slow him down yammi was more then a match for him breaking out of his ice and saying quote unquote "nice chill" then shaking the shavings off and ken. again defeated the 5th. come to think of it hit. has never actually finished a fight other then the 11th arrcar and soon after exploding in blood and falling out of the sky and azien doing a 1 hit ko on him.
    Reminiscent of when Ichigo bloodied Kenpachi up after awaking Zengetsu's truth. Hitsugaya has only lost one fight to my knowledge and that is again Aizen. If Yammi's fight and Hitsugaya's fight continued i'm sure Hitsugaya would have come up with something like he always does. They call him "child-prodigy" for a reason (a.k.a. genius). Hitsugaya is fighting the 3rd espada now (even though msot likely the vaizards will interrupt which keeps nagging me )

However that fact still remains that his path along with Halibel's have been crossed and that won't change. You don't get to be made captain for no reason. Some captain's have different abilities and that's why captains are captains. Mayuri is a scientific type of guy and he was made captain of the science department a.k.a. science squad. Unohana was made captain over the health department a.k.a. health squad. However, Hitsugaya's squad has no special properties like tactical espionage like Soifon's division or health like the previously mentioned 4th squad. His squad is just a regular squad with combat purposes. So we was made captain obviously because of his skill as a shinigami so I highly doubt he would get massacred like everyone believes he would.
    "I pray for the strength to change what I can,
    The inability to accept what I can't,
    And the incapacity to tell the difference...."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Kenpachi VS Hitsguya

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joshua~ View Post
    Reminiscent of when Ichigo bloodied Kenpachi up after awaking Zengetsu's truth. Hitsugaya has only lost one fight to my knowledge and that is again Aizen. If Yammi's fight and Hitsugaya's fight continued i'm sure Hitsugaya would have come up with something like he always does. They call him "child-prodigy" for a reason (a.k.a. genius). Hitsugaya is fighting the 3rd espada now (even though msot likely the vaizards will interrupt which keeps nagging me )

However that fact still remains that his path along with Halibel's have been crossed and that won't change. You don't get to be made captain for no reason. Some captain's have different abilities and that's why captains are captains. Mayuri is a scientific type of guy and he was made captain of the science department a.k.a. science squad. Unohana was made captain over the health department a.k.a. health squad. However, Hitsugaya's squad has no special properties like tactical espionage like Soifon's division or health like the previously mentioned 4th squad. His squad is just a regular squad with combat purposes. So we was made captain obviously because of his skill as a shinigami so I highly doubt he would get massacred like everyone believes he would.
    he fighting halibel? true but he fought aizen thats like calling him great for fighting aizen 1. he did not one 2. he just hit blades u dont even know if he was hit back or anything yet. and as i recall the 11th squad his the fighting squad the strongest squad. and the name kenpachi isn't just given out on a palter u have to earn it by only one way being captain of squad 11 hit. was captain b4 ken. ken. always goes after the strongest for a good fight whether he wins or loses he didnt go for hit. and i think we all know know what the name kenpach stands for
    ~There is a thin line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.~

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yellowman1 View Post
    he fighting halibel? true but he fought aizen thats like calling him great for fighting aizen 1. he did not one 2. he just hit blades u dont even know if he was hit back or anything yet. and as i recall the 11th squad his the fighting squad the strongest squad. and the name kenpachi isn't just given out on a palter u have to earn it by only one way being captain of squad 11 hit. was captain b4 ken. ken. always goes after the strongest for a good fight whether he wins or loses he didnt go for hit. and i think we all know know what the name kenpach stands for

Neither have we seen Kenpachi going after Yamamoto, Unahona, the Dynamic Duo of Captains - that he hasn't gone after Hitsugaya proves nothing. The man loves a strong, fight-worthy opponent. He isn't bloodlust incarnate.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitsugaya:
    Strengths:
    Intelligence
    Capable of powerful ranged attacks
    Sword cannot easily be destroyed
    When calm, will try to take the path of least damage received.

Weaknesses:
    Incomplete bankai
    Reiatsu is not one of the higher end ones among captains
    Bad temper that makes him reckless in battle

Kenpachi:
    Strengths:
    Enormous reiatsu
    Extremely experienced swordsman
    Joy of battle allows him to take on any enemy without fear
    Capable of taking crippling wounds without much impact on his overall fighting ability

Weaknesses:
    Can ONLY perform close quarter attacks
    No shikai/bankai
    Holds himself back in battle to prolong the fight
    Will give his opponent enough advantage to even out a battle
    His fearlessness also means a careless defense, bothering only to block the most lethal of attacks.
    Cannot sense reiatsu

Battle Simulation:
    To assume a certain level of fairness, this will be a straight up fight, both will be aware they're fighting one another in a life-or-death battle. I will also only allow them to use canon abilities to rule out speculation. The battlefield will be Earth, a location providing an even handicap for both (neither will know the geography well enough to put it to their advantage), limiters, however, are removed.

Kenpachi will start off with his eyepatch on, bells in his hair, the whole shabang.
    Hitsugaya will start off unreleased, though will call out his shikai as soon as the fight starts, knowing who he is up against.

Hitsugaya is the smarter one of the two and more intent on killing the other, while Kenpachi would want to get up close for a swordfight, Hitsugaya would be clever enough to use kidou and his shikai's ranged abilities to attack from a distance.

Kenpachi's reiatsu, however, is such that it takes a very powerful attack to seriously harm him. Given his style, he'll take hitsugaya's attacks head on. This will no doubt result in frozen limbs, though Kenpachi can use his monster reiatsu to break the ice and continue fighting.

At this point, Kenpachi will realize that as long as Hitsugaya can keep his distance, Kenpachi will not be able to attack him. The OVA's show him capable of performing shunpo, so I will assume for this match he can do it as well. Using shunpo he will try to corner Hitsu, who, in turn, might see through this.

Hitsugaya would probably call upon his bankai now, knowing that while Kenpachi's reiatsu is monstrous, his is not and in an endurance fight, he'll lose.
    Using his bankai, he will most likely set up Kenpachi for the ice prison technique he used against Luppi.
    Kenpachi's reckless style would mean he'd allow himself to get caught by the attack. Though most likely it would take the removal of his eyepatch to break out of it.

Hitsugaya tends to be shocked by moments like these, possibly creating an opening for Kenpachi, though I don't know wether or not the window will be big enough for him to use it.
    I'm pretty sure Hitsu will try to keep on the offensive, trying to wittle down Kenpachi's strength rather than crush it at once. Meanwhile the heat is on for Hitsugaya as his petals begin to melt away.

Once the last "flower" starts melting, Hitsu might become increasingly desparate for a win, abandoning his ranged stance and going in for powerful close quarter attacks. Kenpachi, who shines at these types of fights, will dominate this. This would be pretty much the only way for Hitsugaya to receive attacks from Kenpachi: by being foolish enough to try to best him in a swordfight.

On a side note: the psychological aspect of this battle should also not be ignored as it affects judgment.
    While Kenpachi doesn't seem to fear anything but a battle that ends too soon, Hitsugaya is shown to display fear on numerous occasions. Much like Ichigo and Tousen before him, Hitsugaya is likely to be psyched out by Kenpachi's incredible toughness and resistance to injury. The fear of fighting an enemy he can't hurt could be very real for Hitsugaya, even if he doesn't fear death. (Which, btw, Kenpachi acknowledges in the manga, when he says Tousen and Gin are the only captains who are afraid of death)

Conclusion:
    If Hitsugaya can wear down Kenpachi enough to deliver a killing blow BEFORE his bankai dissolves, he wins.
    If Kenpachi can force Hitsugaya to fight a long and drawn out fight, the type he craves, he can eventually wear out Hitsugaya until Kenpachi is capable of getting close enough to start using his superior swordsmanship.

In this fight, Hitsugaya has the advantage of range, while Kenpachi has the advantage of time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A few problems with this theory, First you take Anime to be Canon when it most certainly is not.

Second you forget how long it took Hitusgaya to prep an 1000 year prison(or whatever it was called) on Luppi to get it started. This works both in his advantage and against it, first if shows that his Bankai will be able to stay on long enough for this battle and that he won't be pulling out that Water Prison for a while.

Now then playing Devil's Advocate for a bit here, I suppose I dismissed Hitsugaya to quickly, hypotheticlly speaking he can win this battle. Now then it all depends on how Hitsugaya plays it, if he's smart he immediatly go Bankai and start freezing Kenpachi up.

I realize this will only get Kenpachi to pause for aroung 3-5 seconds but that's more then long enough for Hitsugaya to get the heck out of their. Now then with this in mind Hitsugaya can constantly hit Kenpachi and with some luck and reaction speed(he has a lot of it) he'll be able to last long enough to prep 1000 Year Prison, this is where Hitsugaya's best chance is.

If it's powerful enough then he can freeze Kenpachi and end the battle right their. The only problem is whether it is strong enough to take out Kenpachi, if it is Hitsugaya wins. If not then Kenpachi wins.

This is all going by the information that both characters are completely in character and that Kenpachi isn't using Kendo and even then it's a purely speculation about Hitsugaya's 1000 Year Prison.
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; October 23, 2008 at 10:58 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast