Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! v2

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

Spoiler: Rachel show

Daken:

NO. Maybe
    Spoiler show
    ARGH. I don't want that to happen XP

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Has there been any news on The Secret Invasion X-men? New Wolverine stories need to be published! Read them all to date

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

secret invasion is over.
    we're in Dark reign now. Norman Osborn rules the world, -ish.

its awesome so far

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I know secret invasion is over, I've read it. I'm on about the X-men tie-ins. There's been news that they are making a X-men tie-in for the Secret Invasion..

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

They've released those tie-ins along with Secret Invasion. I think there were only three issues?

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hollow Kurono's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

The fuck?Deadpool beat those Thunderbolt loosers and in the end he just,did something unpredictable as always.I hope hes just joking and is gonna kill that blonde Black Widow.

Anybody read the Messiah War?Where Wolverine and co. traveled into the future and there they found Deadpool that was good.

Oh and Dr.Doom is so bad ass.Him and Iron Patriot are gonna beat that bitch,and talking about magic,what will happen to Doc Strange?Cause he came crawling for help to the new Avengers.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member D3M1URG3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not minding Dark Reign at the moment, though I do have some concerns as to the direction Bendis Is taking this brand-wide event...

Mostly the fact that almost all of the ongoing series to date are going to receive a "Dark" imprint: Dark Avengers, Dark Wolverine, Dark X-Men etc. The things they are shaking up Is riveting to a point, but I'm afraid this Is going to end up like another Civil War and not really last the test of time...

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I love Dark Reign,I love Deadpool in it,he gets more and more attention,and Wolverine is getting waaaay to much attention,that it starts to bug me.I think its cool,Norman Osborn beeing in charge of peace in the world.I will love to see him fail,Daken getting more attention.Iron Man falling into the bottom after beeing at the top,its awesome imo.

Amazing Spider-Man 590 it was a cool chapter with the fantastic 4,and now maybe Reed will bring Spidey back to the way he was before he made the deal with Mephisto,I so want to see that Spider Man.And talking about Spider Man villains,in Black Panther #3,they brought back Morlun back :/ so Spidey definantly must get those powers back.

Deadpool #9 yes!I thought Deadpool is going to be in trouble.Wheeew,he is still alive,ofcourse he is.This chapter was very fast,teleporting from one place to antother Deadpool is hilarious,flying a plain "Black Widow loves Deadpool?Call ..." now hes gonna save Taskmaster,I just want Deadpool to get rid of these Thunderbolts.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Dark Reign is really gooooood...

Dark Avenger 4 despite the reviews has me excited. I try to avoid the stereotyping of Norman Osborn by every other marvel book, Dark Avengers and Thunderbolts are the core Osborn Iron Patriot books that show his true persona. He actually cared for his toy.. his weapon, He was awestruck by Sentry's resurrection.

I want their fates to intertwine. Sentry is Osborn's perfect weapon, they're both psychopaths and Osborn is a master of controlling psychopaths. Doom has magic and armor and time, plus Namor. Osborn needs Sentry to balance the @#%# out of the Cabal's Gods and Demons and celestials and stuff.

The more Dark Reign goes on, the more I feel Osborn is the right man for the job. Sure he's a bad guy, but guess what, in political matters, you want the best bad guy that can outdo the other badguys in charge. Osborn has that in spades..
    Deadpool needs to get his head out of the clouds and take out the Goblin already, he's going to have a standstill with the bolts, and another with Hawkeye.. its getting old,either let him fight Osborn psycho a psycho (mano a mano) or dont!

Also Nova was damn good. Even though I was never a fan, I am so loving the Gladiator carnage.. I really want him to fight Sentry for all the marbles.. SOOOO badly... please find some way for Osborn to piss off Vulcan and have them fight Bendis, PLEASE!
    Last edited by Lohnt; April 30, 2009 at 06:12 PM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

I read Dark Avengers #4 and it was good as always.Dr.Doom is as bad ass as always,I like the way Osborn is handling business.And for a second there I thought Sentry aint gonna come back,but he did.Osborn is speechless and looks kinda scared,but I dont know maybe like Lohnt said that Norman is maybe awestruck.

And there was the first chapter about the Cabal.Where Norman had a new suit on and it was one year into the future.Dr.Doom defeated The Hood and defeated the Dark Avengers along side Norman and he had Loki and Emma as his slaves,maybe bitches,I dont know.But still the good guys are gonna win.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I think that's either one of the possible futures, or what Doom is planning, but hopefully won't come true.

Also the new Osborn costume was silly, you can't beat the star spangled banner on Iron Man he looked more like War Machine

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thoroughly enjoying Dark Avengers at this point - Bendis' way of writing this team Is definitely his best to date. After Dark Avengers #4 Osborne Is beginning to realize that he's playing with forces far beyond his understanding - that being The Sentry.

Bendis just pulled out another power to add to Sentry's list: Reconstitution.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick question, are all these Marvel comics connected somehow or are they all their own different story?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lelo View Post
    Quick question, are all these Marvel comics connected somehow or are they all their own different story?
    It depends, to be honest. Most of the time If a Marvel Comic Is featured within a "Event" (Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, War of Kings, etc.) Then these comics are considered to be going on roughly around the same time and are within the same continuity. There are several stories (One-Shots are a good example) which aren't featured within continuity, one good example being Hulk by Jeph Loeb -- this story doesn't even pretend to be going on at the same time as anything -- it's just for fun.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Lies, Wolverine 73 just had Wolverine get his face punched off by Rulk.

I know.. I felt dirty when I read it.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast