Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Xophien's Brigade - Save the World by Overloading it with Konata-ism and Yuri

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Eyeshield 21 Xophien's Brigade - Save the World by Overloading it with Konata-ism and Yuri

The Save the World by Overloading it with Konata-ism and Yuri Brigade is re-re-opened!

Dear otaku, welcome. If you're not a dear otaku, but just in a quest for your own identity, and still stumbled on this thread, I'll say to you : the answer to life, the universe and everything that exists could be here. If you stumbled on this thread by mistake, think that Japanese animation's main work is Pokemon, and don't know the meaning of the word "hentai", I strongly suggest you to close your browser before this thread eats your mind with nonsensical otakuness, hentainess and kawaiiness. You've been warned

So yeah, the purpose of this sect brigade is to save the world by overloading it with Konata-ism and yuri, both of which are the ultimate solution to life, the universe, and everything that exists, as well as every that doesn't exist and the disappearance of penguins. Because, as said in the Kuroi Bible : "Goddess Suzumiya created mankind on the sixth day, noticed that was a rather failed and violent creation, then went on her seventh day to invent eroges, moe, and created the Goddess Konata as the one who shalt reign above the last hope of mankind, the peaceful homo sapiens otakus. Then, seeing how all the guys would eventually be turned into hikikomoris, she created Yuri as the solution to ease the boredom of girls." (Suzumiya Haruhi no Bible, chapter I, verse XLII). Many years later, the Danchou of this brigade would have the idea of speeding the process by turning this thread into a playground for otakus, ruled by the SWOKY-Dan.

Swoky-dan ni Youkoso! As this thread has become a mess in my opinion, let me state a few rules that will make everyone's experience of it a bit nicer
    1. No spam. Tendencies to spam are part of anyone's persona on internet, including this very brigade's Danchou himself, which might be just why no spam will be tolerated in this thread.
    2. No off-topic. There are two main genres of topics allowed in this thread : questions about the Danchou, since, in the beginning, this was kinda an ask-me thread after all, and discussions about anything related to the otaku world, including animes, mangas, figures, goodies, Japan, and videogames.
    3. No bashing. That is the first and foremost rule of MH, and it'll be strictly enforced in this thread as well.
    All of these are rules of MH per se, though they're tolerated to some extent in the Ask-Me threads. I won't tolerate that, so I'm reserving the right to use my mod powers to remove such posts. Welcome to my dictatorship

If you have any fanart/artwork of pretty/cute/cool/sexy/moe/whatever girl/girls, don't hesitate to post them in this thread, I love those

Official Theme Song of the Brigade
    Koi no Minoru Densetsu, track 15 of the Shiraishi Minoru no Otoko no Lullaby album, transcribed and translated by me

TranscribeMin-min-mirakuru Minorun-run
    Min-min-mirakuru Minorun-run

Sunao ni WAWAWA to, ienai kimi mo, yuuki o dashite
    Koi no majinai, yaaaaaay biimu, kakete ageru

Gensaku ni detenai, orijinaru kyara
    Itsumo Akira-sama ni, ijirareru yo
    Yoru wa shippori, hoshitachi ni negai o kakeru
    Motto warai ga, toremasu you ni

Kasou desu ka, josou desu ka, Baby
    Geinin no michi e, ashiri dashitara
    Kamon lettsu dansu, kamon lettsu dansu, Baby
    Muchana furi kite, supesharu burookun haato

(Itsu ni nattara, hikidashi dekiru kana...)

Sugu neta ni sareru, soko no anata mo, genki o dashite
    Okashina pawaa, inai ni hoi hoi biimu, kakete ageru

Terebi toka rajio toka kankei nai
    Ikinari neta furare, sukoshi komaru yo
    Ano hito (Akira-sama) mo, itsu no hi ka watashi o suteru
    Sonna no iya da! Shigoto tsudzuketai

Kanou desu ka? Sore kanou desu ka? Baby
    Oya ga nakanakya, nandemo yarimasu
    Kamon gecchansu kamon gecchansu Baby
    Otagei shiranai kedo, romansu dancing tonight

(isso, koroshite~)

Kasou desu ka, josou desu ka, Baby
    Geinin no michi e, ashiri dashitara
    Kamon lettsu dansu, kamon lettsu dansu, Baby
    Muchana furi kite, supesharu burookun haato

Kanou desu ka? Sore kanou desu ka? Baby
    Oya ga nakanakya, nandemo yarimasu
    Kamon gecchansu kamon gecchansu Baby
    Otagei shiranai kedo, romansu dancing tonight

(Taniguchi, kamoon!)

WA WA WAWAWA minorun-run
    WA WA WAWAWA minorun-run
    TranslationMin-min-miracle Minorun-run
    Min-min-miracle Minorun-run

If you too can’t say frankly WAWAWA, gather your courage
    This love spell, yaaaaaay beam, I’ll give it to you

Not in the original work, original chara
    Always bullied by Akira-sama
    Drenched under the night sky, I make a wish to the stars
    For a way to make laugh more

Is it a disguise? Is it woman’s clothes? Baby
    I’ll run on the path of entertaining
    Come on let’s dance, come on let’s dance, Baby
    Coming with absurd freedom, special broken heart

(I wonder when it’ll come, my breakthrough...)

If you over there want to make sudden jokes too, gather your vitality
    This weird power, sudden “hoi hoi” beam, I’ll give it to you

It doesn’t matter if it’s on TV or on the radio
    If your joke is suddenly rejected, you’re a bit worried
    That person too, one day she’ll want to get rid of me
    I don’t want that! I want to keep my job

Is it possible? Is that possible? Baby
    I don’t want to make my parents cry, I’ll do anything
    Come on give me a chance, come on give me a chance, Baby
    I may know nothing of the otaku world, but it’s romance dancing tonight

(Might as well get killed!)

Is it a disguise? Is it woman’s clothes? Baby
    I’ll run on the path of entertaining
    Come on let’s dance, come on let’s dance, Baby
    Coming with absurd freedom, special broken heart

Is it possible? Is that possible? Baby
    I don’t want to make my parents cry, I’ll do anything
    Come on give me a chance, come on give me a chance, Baby
    I may know nothing of the otaku world, but it’s romance dancing tonight

(Taniguchi, come on!)

WA WA WAWAWA Minorun-run
    WA WA WAWAWA Minorun-run
    Last edited by Xophien; April 09, 2011 at 10:26 AM.

Art by 双瀬 聖

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Xophien's brigade for Saving the World by Overloading it with Konata-ism and Yuri

You know, St. Etienne completely defeated FCK, which is the Danish equivalent of the French Lyon. Kinda makes you (and me) happy inside, doesn't it? (also, I'm here to split your thread <.<)
    Last edited by ibra87; October 23, 2008 at 08:46 PM.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Xophien's brigade for Saving the World by Overloading it with Konata-ism and Yuri

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87 View Post
    You know, St. Etienne completely defeated FCK, which is the Danish equivalent of the French Lyon. Kinda makes you (and me) happy inside, doesn't it?
    Actually I was wondering if you were a supporter of the FCK, so I'm quite glad you aren't, since we can both rejoice over this victory of us And what a match! Shame I couldn't see it (it wasn't airing on any of those stupid french channels ), because from what I heard on the radio, we pretty much humiliated them This is looking good, with Bruges and Rosenborg taking each other down, if we just win another match we're as good as qualified

Art by 双瀬 聖

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Drakno's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Hai, swoky butler reportin present!

(since u asked for all dangos to report)
    many thanx to Danchou for always finding time to make me some avy and sigs
    28/11/10 A dark day for all of us... R.I.P. Leslie

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member death4578's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, member here ~~
    And some random gif with me

Spoiler show

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A new thread?

Spoiler: Happy New Thread! \o/ show

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drakno View Post
    Hai, swoky butler reportin present!

(since u asked for all dangos to report)
    I also said to bring the yuri, but I wasn't really expecting something from you so i guess that's alright >.>;

Quote Originally Posted by death4578 View Post
    Meh, member here ~~
    And some random gif with me

Spoiler show
    Nya, cute~ I kinda want to make a sig out of this one

Quote Originally Posted by eni View Post
    A new thread?

Spoiler: Happy New Thread! \o/ show
    Why aren't you a yuri fan, eniway? *goes to download*

Art by 双瀬 聖

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    Why aren't you a yuri fan, eniway?
    There was a nice article on yuri/yaoi, trying to explain that women and men like it for different reasons:

Genetics force men to "collect" women while it makes women to "select" men. Men are going for quantity ("As many as possible to keep humanity alive! One at least will make it >.>"). Women choose quality ("The best one for the future of the race!"). In both cases they fight rivals but in different ways. Men are aggressive/attacking towards the other, women try to be better/more appealing than the concurrent.

It said that men see something to play in yuri, they mostly imagine themselves inbetween the girls while they see the males in yaoi naturally as something to fight off. There's little chance that character development or art style can help against this feeling, therefor men have a harder time to accept yaoi.

Women, on the other hand, tend to imagine themselves as one of the parties in yaoi, choosing automatically the other as the perfect match. Because none of them is female, they aren't limited to either role and can switch anytime, enjoying both sides (uke/seme) equally. Yuri appears as boring as they see a mirror image of themselves which needs to be topped and that's simply too stressful for a read, unless the characters are worth to be idolized - which gives an opening to women to like yuri.

Sadly the style in yuri aimed at men is too optimized for "manly likings", which destroys this opening right from the start. However, josei-yuri is quite popular even among straight women, simply because the female leads aren't portrayed as puppet-like playthings (art and character wise) and are equal to "normal" josei and mature shoujo characters. That's also the answer I give you on your question: It's mostly the presentation - I simply dislike the typical eroge art style for yuri characters as well as most of the "appealing to guys"-stereotypes for the female roles. I don't mind the yuri itself at all. Hope that helped with your research on your brigade goal. Improve yuri! >.>

Makes me wonder why that doesn't work at all for yaoi? Hm...
    Xophien! Looking at this thesis, a serious (not fangirl-contaminated) story about a gay couple wouldn't be interesting at all to read for the average straight guy?
    Last edited by eni; October 24, 2008 at 05:26 PM.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I just said that as a joke, I wasn't expecting you to write a whole essay about it It was interesting, though... Even if it made me realize that I wasn't a normal guy, since normal guys according to your article want to be in between the yuri thingie and I sure as heck don't. I want to be far away, taking pictures >.> I can understand when you say the "typical eroge art style", but that's only mostly true for yuri eroges (and to some extent animes as well), mangas tend to avoid that, honestly... I've just read the latest issue of Yuri Hime and the art is pretty much 90% shoujo/josei looking, so I think you should read more releases from lililicious >.>

Quote Originally Posted by eni View Post
    Makes me wonder why that doesn't work at all for yaoi? Hm...
    Xophien! Looking at this thesis, a serious (not fangirl-contaminated) story about a gay couple wouldn't be interesting at all to read for the average straight guy?
    I'm afraid it's not as simple as that, there seems to be a mental blockade in guys' minds that says "THOU SHALL NOT ENJOY SEEING YOUR FELLOW BROTHERS GOING AFTER EACH OTHER'S REAR END". So even a serious story with an enjoyable art style (from a male point of view), would still be hard to enjoy (or read >.>) because of that. I want to think of myself as rather tolerant on the matter, but just imagining reading a yaoi cause my mind to tell me "OMG NOOOOO! Go back to play hentai games, you tard! [...] Haaa, Konata bless thighhighs...". You see, my mind isn't the most rational out there, and it still doesn't want me to read yaoi, no matter what. Men...

And no, I don't have a thighhighs fetish.

Seriously.

... *cough*

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Oraaaaa I just read the latest ES21, my prediction was right !!!!
    Yes I do realize that this is a spam post but I really wanted to say this >.>

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hunter71485's Avatar
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien
    I'm afraid it's not as simple as that, there seems to be a mental blockade in guys' minds that says "THOU SHALL NOT ENJOY SEEING YOUR FELLOW BROTHERS GOING AFTER EACH OTHER'S REAR END".
    Agreed. Some things are better left unseen. Curiosity will kill a man's pride with that. A straight guy will lose a boner faster than cutting it off once he sees that.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    I'm afraid it's not as simple as that, there seems to be a mental blockade in guys' minds that says "THOU SHALL NOT ENJOY SEEING YOUR FELLOW BROTHERS GOING AFTER EACH OTHER'S REAR END".
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter71485 View Post
    Agreed. Some things are better left unseen. Curiosity will kill a man's pride with that. A straight guy will lose a boner faster than cutting it off once he sees that.
    Both quoted for epic and undeniable truth

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Luckas's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry no images for your new thread.

Unconsciousness is my destiny, my joy but also my desperation.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hatsuharupeace's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooo, new SWOKY thread, congratz Xophy! Though... Same with me, no images for you, I'll see if I can pop one up for you later.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Danchou...

I just realized when you said to bring some yuri for the reopening that I didn't have any yuri archive in my HD!!!

So I'll be presenting something else. And most likely you already have it, but I'd just put her in because she ought to have some space here anyway.

Spoiler show

And I read es21. I KNEW IT! I KNEW MUSASHI STILL HAD TO HAVE SOME SCREEN TIME LIKE THAT!! And moar!

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast