Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduction Thread - Part 2

Now Sentient! 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MangaHelpers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Introduction Thread - Part 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Introduction Thread

Though some of us first came here already knowing each other, let's do an Introduction thread just in case we have some new shinobi and kunoichi coming here.

Let's do it like Kakashi's idea. Ya know, tell us a little about yourselves. Your favorite things, what you hate most, dreams, ambitions, hobbies, things like that.

I'm Gold Knight and a working photographer (usually sports), and definitely a Narutard. I'm from a Southern state in America and I'm 25 years old. My dreams for the future is to become a world-travelling photographer and successful comic book artist in my spare time. I hate lima beans, and I like to draw and photograph a lot.

My favorite characters in the Naruto series are Kakashi, Naruto, and Shikamaru. In recent chapters a new character appeared that I'm fascinated with, Yamato.

Now, it's your turn, starting with you on the right.

EDIT: This post is from a post made long ago; I'm 28 now >.>;
    Last edited by Gold Knight; March 29, 2009 at 11:48 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member croissant's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introduction Thread

Hi,
    My name is Allan. The manga's that im currently reading is naruto, one piece, bleach, hajime no ippo, eyeshield21, and gantz. I have a lot of fav's but i just like reading anything from shounen, to shoujo and some seinen. Anything to get my fix ^_^. Been lurking manga for a long time, way back to in college with my first computer just with a dial-up connection.. sometimes just staring at the download bar on mirc... 60mb zip files can be an absolute drag but i'd really just sit there and stare... waiting.

I joined here since the conversations about gantz is really fun to read. The forums have a real friendly feel with no bashing despite some of the really crazy theories that are thrown. Makes the waiting in between chapters bearable, hehe. Do that in IRC and your bound to get insulted...

Glad to join! Now back to reading some posts....

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Assymilum's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introduction Thread - Part 1

Hey. I'm Assymilum and am a scanlator (as you can see). I started reading online scanlations around about 2-3 years ago. Still 13, though in the age thingy I answered around 17 or 18 'cause I thought my age wouldn't be allowed. (Like when you make a Yahoo account? They ask for your age? And you need to be above 18, or else ask for parents' allowance? )

My favorite things would probably revolve around watching TV, playing games, and all that leisures. My favorite site would be this website. Second comes crunchyroll. Fav manga would be: Bakuman (yeah, the new series pwns), Reborn!, Negima, TWGOK, Psyren, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Code: Breaker, Fairy Tail, and a whole lot more. My favorite artist/singer so far would be Ne-Yo.

Hmm, as for my dream... I don't think I have any right now. I just wanna be rich when I grow up. Heheh.

My hobby? Sleeping. Or maybe watching MTV.

As for my likes and dislikes, hmm... I like candies and chocolates. Though I really, really hate veggies. And fruits. And cooking. >_>

Well, I guess that's it...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner My December's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well...
    Erm yea, I'm new here (very very new indeed)~

I read One Piece, and just starting on EyeShield21.
    If my username is too long to mention, you can call me Dec or MD

If I'm look familiar, sorry to say, you're hallucinating

Hye~

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introduction Thread - Part 2

wowwowwow, so many new members! Welcome to the site, croissant, Assymilum, and My December! Let any mod, global or admin know if you have any questions or comments or anything. I'd include Black Ops in that list but most of us are rarely around~

notalwaysright.com = story of my life.
    Personal Blog

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Name-Undecided's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Name: Undecided
    Job: Ordinary job at ordinary place. I like it.
    Manga I like: Hajime no Ippo, Berserk, Vagabond, Cross Game, Nana
    Manga I don't like: Not worth naming
    Why I scanslate: Because I like to play with Photoshop and stuff!

Yoroshiku onegai shimasu.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member haruka9's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys. I'm Haruka. It feels like I participate in this thread very late since I've been a member of this site for a year. But I guess, it's still alright to post here and do some sharings about myself. Some of you must already be familiar with me because of my One Piece Reviews. No, I haven't established such a prestigious reputation as a reviewer, but if you're a regular visitor to One Piece Review section, you might have encountered my name or my work. I started writing One Piece reviews recently, though I've been yearning to do that since I became a member here. The thing was, I didn't have much time then. But now I do, and I plan to keep it as consistent as I can. I am also doing Hunter X Hunter Reviews. I've only managed to make two (the previous chapter and a review of the entiiiire arc), but I'll update it and complete my "backlogs." Apparently, I love to write. I've stuffed my computer with almost all of my writings - most of them are my anime reviews, character review/analysis, and of course my regular One Piece and Hunter X Hunter Review. I am currently working on my Hunter X Hunter review backlogs and my Samurai 7 fanfic.

I am also a frustrated mangaka. My drawing sucks.... imagine Luffy's style of drawing and you'll get the idea of how "artistic" my skecthes look T_T. But I already have my idea as to how it will be like - the plot, the style, the characters. It's just that I don't polish my ideas about this so I won't feel more frustrated. I am also a member of another forum site, under a different username.

I am very picky when it comes to manga and anime. I usually go for shounen type of series because they are fun and meaningful. I am always impressed to find subtleties in them. Of course, I love One Piece and Hunter X Hunter. I can express all of my reasons for loving them but I don't want to appear like this is my own thread so I'm just saving those reasons for now. The other mangas/animes that I love are Rurouni Kenshin, Death Note, Samurai 7, Naruto, and School Rumble.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Freakshow!'s Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Allow Me To Introduce Myself.. I'm Freakshow. I joined a couple days ago.
    As you can probebly tell, I'm into Naruto Manga, it's not the only one I read,
    I'm also currently fallowing\watching; Claymore, Bleach, Soul Eater, Bakuman, Monster, Elfen Lied, Psyren .... I also watch quite many Anime series..

I'm Uni student, which means broke and lazy, lol.. It's not always I have time for Anime and Manga, but I always manage to find few minutes to read forums and watch Manga\Anime.

My favorite authors are Norihiro Yagi and Masashi Kishimoto..XD

I am someone who has traveled quite many countries such as England, Japan, China, Sweden, Greece, Egypt and few others..Being from 4 different nationalities myself...I like different languages and tend to pick them up fairly well. I speak 5 different languages and I'm currently studying Japanese.. From watching too many Anime and Manga..

Regardless, I am here to spread my insight and knowledge. I'm #1 Orochimaru fan, as You'll soon understand why. But don't worry unlike other fanboys who are bigoted I mostly bring logic to my discussions...^^

I'm glad to be here.

Later all

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hiezkh's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

hello there...
    I'm Hiezkh newbie here - nice to know you all
    my fave manga - Death Note - then Naruto, hunter x hunter, bleach
    I'm itachi & killua & Pain fans'

cheers

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ankoku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeahh... Name's Ankoku... Mostly read Naruto and such. Little bit of others, including Black Cat and Riki-Oh... Can't think of anything else. ^^'

Life is but a dream

for the dead

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm T.D.A, I'm a Naruto tard and spammer also interested in Bleach and One Piece but not as much. My hopes are to become rich, and do something I'll enjoy.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member krid77's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there! Quick presentation:
    Krid77 aka "Madara" (on other French forums such as Japflap/Naruto-Rendan/gotei scantrad...).
    Hobbies: drawing/cleaning/colouring manga, food, sleep, soccer, my ps2...
    Fav. mangas: Angel Heart, 20th century boys, Slam Dunk, GTO,...Naruto & Bleach but a lower level x)
    Fav.Anime series: Baccano! Haruhi Suzumiya, Monster, Death note...
    ~ That's all ~

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome to Name-Undecided, Freakshow!, Hiezkh, Ankoku, and krid77! Don't hesitate to pm one of the mods, globals, or admins if you need help or have questions. Have fun here! ^^

And a welcome to the introduction thread is also in order for the not-so-new members T.D.A and haruka9. It's never too late to introduce yourselves.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Icy_Reaper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello all,

here's my little introduction.

My name is Judy, I often go by the name Icy or Icy_Reaper, I'm from such forums as Bleach Exile, Bleach Asylum, and Lucid GFX, I also have my own forum for GFX, which I encourage anyone that wants to learn about GFX to join at http://foreverfrozengfx.proboards55.com/index.cgi

Hobbies: well I am a bit of a nerd, so many of my hobbies revolve around my computer, such as GFX, making AMVs, but I also like to read, especially Classic literature.

Favorite Mangas: Bleach (of course), Vampire Knight, Hana Kimi, etc.

Favorite Animes: Bleach (yet again), Vampire Knight, Azumanga Daioh, Shakugan No Shana, Special A, the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Hell Girl, Ghost Hunt, and some other animes, mostly "slice of life" and "supernatural" ones.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast