Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduction Thread - Part 2

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introduction Thread - Part 2

Hello my name is Giorgio and i'm 25 years old. I'm italian (from sardinia) and my favorite manga is hokuto no ken; it's old but it is magnificent. During the last few years i read many manga and i like one piece and bleach but i devour nearly of all ...

sorry for my english

venite ad aiutarci cerchiamo traduttori, editor, cleaner e altro....
    http://www.mangascan.org

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner rockinpeace's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by [vaizard] View Post
    Hello my name is Giorgio and i'm 25 years old. I'm italian (from sardinia) and my favorite manga is hokuto no ken; it's old but it is magnificent. During the last few years i read many manga and i like one piece and bleach but i devour nearly of all ...

sorry for my english
    ò_ò pure tu sardo XD

Hi! my name's Simone, I'm 19 years old, Italian, I read too much manga, my preferred manga are ichigo100%, OP, Bleach, Berserk, Slam dunk and others XD
    mmmm I'm not good with englis.. so.. bye!!

(aah, this forum is really good!!)

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! so many italian boys at one go! Welcome to MH!

@rockinpeace, hope you like it here!

@ icy_reaper, you are a rukia fan? By the way, you can talk more about yourself here.
    Last edited by Nami; November 14, 2008 at 09:52 AM.

▲Away till end June. ▲

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner rockin_robin's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Um hello everyone!!I'm not new to MH as I've been using it for a long time but I only registered today ! So,I'm a girl,I'm from Greece,I'm 20 years old and totally and utterly obsessed with One Piece since I was 15!!I like drawing,reading books,cooking,dancing and watching anime
    Fave Manga:One Piece,Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle,Bleach,Death Note,Ouran High School H.C,FairyTail,Vampire Knight and CardCaptor Sakura (actually I prefer the anime)!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Warinmon's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello ! Now let’s me introduce myself. ^^

I’m Warinmon. This name is from my real name, Warin, + the word "mon". I’m from Chiang Mai, the northern province in Thailand. Now I’m 23 years old and have just graduated, but still unemployed. I have joined MH since August, 2008. I came across MH while I was trying to find more information about Trafalgar Law, my favourite manga character.

My favourite manga series are Onepiece, Bleach, Nodame Cantabile, Hino Tori, and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

In my free times, I love ...
    -> reading books, especially mythology, history, and manga. My favourite writer is J.R.R. Tolkien. My favourite cartoonists are Eiichiro Oda, Tezuka Osamu, and Miyazaki Hayao.
    -> watching studio Ghibli's animations, for they make me happy.
    -> drawing and painting
    -> listening to music, especially Joe Hisaishi's. I always listening to music when I am drawing and painting, when I am sad, and when I am annoyed.
    And I also love color of the sky.

I hate cockroach, especially when it is swimming or flying.

That's all. ^^
    p.s. If my English syntax is mistaken somehow, please feel free to tell me. XD

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, rockin_robin and Warinmon! Welcome to MH! It's always nice to have a couple more OP fans around here. <3

Feel free to pm a mod if you have questions ^^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hyn_pride93's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone! I'm hyn_pride93, but you can call me Hyn for short. I'm no new member but just thought I'd come here and support this thread .

FYI, hyn stands for Hawaiian. I'm from Hawaii and love MH. It truly is my escape from reality and have made many great and new friends that I hope to keep forever (one of them is right above this post ). Hope that you are able to experience the same kindness that I have!

I love Bleach and love Naruto. I also loved One Piece but just couldn't keep up with all of the chapters. I really like Claymore, Fairy Tail, and Vampire Knight.

~ Flames of Aries ~

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ShuriKenSS's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, my name is Humberto Castro, and I´m from México, from a city called Mexicali. I´ve got some time since I first arrived here, but I did´nt have any intention on getting registrated here. Today I just tought I have to take a little time to do it so I can reply on forums (sometimes I just NEED to do that).
    Leaving that matter, right now I´m a university student, from the career of Derecho (wrongly abreviated simply as "Laws" - to being an attorney at law).
    On my free time I just read books (primary novels and mythology), manga (the ones I can buy first, the scnalated ones later), watch anime, and videogames (pretty standar these days).
    I hate almost everything, but "hate" is the word that I use whenever I get angry over something, I think I just don´t have enough patience. Don´t worry, I usually don´t say "bad things" to others, nor I fight over the things discussed in forums.
    I know the process of scanlating a little, because I made 3 scanlations so far: Rosario+Vampire ch 40, Inumimi ch 13, and Rosario+Vampire II ch 13. I´ve done all the work (exception done for scaning the manga), and since I don´t speak japanese, it took me around 1 month to make the scanlation of the R+V 13, translating is a lot of work when you don´t know the basics...
    Well, the translation of the R+V II 13 I got it here, but had some flaws, so ti took me 1 week to finish it, I took it without permission, because I never upload the finished scanlation. This is because I only scanlate when the chapter is late, and I want to read it, so if no one scanlates it, I do it myself (one of my lifetime motto is "if no publisher wants to publish your book, then fund your own publisher"), and FOR myself, so I don´t distribute it.
    I´ll be making more scanlations, but since It takes me decades, I don´t be posting them here.
    So thats all, I think.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kehpped.crusader's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi!

Can I just start by saying this is probably the coolest site I've stumbled upon in a very long time? My inner Japanese translator is rejoicing!

Okay, back to the topic of intros...

I live in the Southern part of the US where there is not much by way of Japanese culture or people or anything, unfortunately. Which means nil practice except for what I can dig up on the internet. I was an exchange student a few years ago - any Kansai-ben speakers or understander-ers out there?? - and I wish I was fluent, but I have to settle for just being competent

I'm looking forward to getting amazing constructive crits on my translations! So y'all be nice to me and tell it like it is.

Once again, mad props to this site

kehpped.crusader

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Lii-sama's Avatar
    Country
    Latvia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello! I am new here, joined just few days ago. About this site I knew already some while ago, but with the time I became regular peeper here since I wanted to know when I am going to get next chapters for my favorite manga. If they are here then soon they will appear on online reading sites. Ummm, sometimes I want to comment or say thank you so I just had to register, nee...
    My real name is Liene tho my nick comes from days when I had lessons in Spanish and my Cuban lecturer couldn't spell my name so he made started to call me or Lii (more traditional for English). I am 21 years old, soon I am going to be 22. I live in Latvia. This summer I graduated and got Bachelor's degree in Arts tho I couldn't find a job so now I am continuing to get my Master's degree in arts and I am studying Law at college. 2 different things tho I enjoy them. My plans for the nearest future is to stop asking money from my parents... I really hate feeling dependent on them since I am already adult well kind off adult tho still I prefer to be independent tho for now it's not possible My hobbies are taking photos, cycling in summer, skiing in winter, reading, going to cinema, exhibitions, theater etc. Usually I am very social person... I enjoy nice and heated discussions tho without offending others. There aren't so many things I hate tho I am afraid of heights. My favorite manga at the moment is Kuroshitsuji and damn, I always forget how to write it... erm... few other mangas Well... I guess for now it's all, I will keep looking around to see what I can do here.

vs. The World. 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hermie's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Lii-sama! Welcome to the boards. =) Hope you will feel welcome here.

A quick note: While typing your posts in blue and a different font makes them stand out, we would rather you didn't. The reason is that each moderator has a different edit tag, that uses colors and fonts.

mine looks like this. /~H

So please try to use the edited text for emphasis only. ^^;

Otherwise, please enjoy your stay. ^^

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hermie View Post
    Hello Lii-sama! Welcome to the boards. =) Hope you will feel welcome here.
    So kehpped.crusader and I did`nt get a welcome. we´re rejected...
    La raíz del mal... es el lóbulo frontal

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShuriKenSS View Post
    So kehpped.crusader and I did`nt get a welcome. we´re rejected...
    Please excuse Hermie for overlooking your names. I blame his internet troubles ()

I'll give you both a welcome!

@ShuriKenSS - You might want to check out the MH Academy for tips and tricks as a beginning scanlator. Maybe you can find some help to improve your speed and quality and (with translator permission) you can eventually start posting your scanlations here ^^

@kehpped.crusader - A new translator is always welcome around here! Any specific projects you're thinking about picking up? I hope you continue to enjoy the site.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kehpped.crusader's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    Please excuse Hermie for overlooking your names. I blame his internet troubles ()

I'll give you both a welcome!
    Aw, thank you! And I love your username; makes me jealous, lol!

Quote Quote:
    @kehpped.crusader - A new translator is always welcome around here! Any specific projects you're thinking about picking up? I hope you continue to enjoy the site.
    I actually came across this site because I was trying to find a project to translate for. I'm still working on it. The finding, that is In the meantime, I'm just doing some practice translating with some shoujo raws I found off hanashi[dot]org. It's a 2 volume one-shot - I guess that would make it a short story? - just to get back in the swing of things.

It's great to be here! And thanks again for the welcome!

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    Jaja, don´t worry I was just joking
    La raíz del mal... es el lóbulo frontal

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast