Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Archive

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Uozumi's Avatar
    Limbo between graduation and first job ;;
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Prince of Tennis (Sequel) by Konomi Takeshi

No I know that, and not all samurai things are either. I didn't mean he's doing it wrong, but the physics bending techniques and the escalation of rivals with power, just seemed very much a samarui epic as a tennis epic. It's like taking the samurainess and putting it into a modern day terms without having to bring in any swords.
    Love is supporting a manga that is updated infrequently, but you still check every week just in case that week is when there are mass updates. I love you, Sket Dance.
    Spoiler: StarGate SG-1 anyone? :q show

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uozumi View Post
    No I know that, and not all samurai things are either. I didn't mean he's doing it wrong, but the physics bending techniques and the escalation of rivals with power, just seemed very much a samarui epic as a tennis epic. It's like taking the samurainess and putting it into a modern day terms without having to bring in any swords.
    Im sorry your cool my post wasn't directed to..it was in anger...lol

i remembered a vid where some fan girl tried to do a "scud serve" her form was wrong and the scud serve is 200 km/h and hers was like 70...

PoT should be a gateway to the sport or a new way to view it...but by making everyone so pretty Konomi alienated some male fans...there are more Pot dating sims for the ps2 than there are tennis games, the last tennis game came out in 2005 for the ps2 and it's getting boring..

Like i said some of the things are possible...

I earlier used Yukimura's creeping shadow as an example...when roger federer steps out on court some players feel they are already beaten he returns everythin and many of his opponents afterwords say...his shots are "too good" and some players get the yips and screws up their serve...sounds similar doesn't it....Federer can't make people lose their senses but his world number 1 aura (tennis commenters actually use this phrase) makes players walk out on the court half beaten already...

thats was a handful lol
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I earlier used Yukimura's creeping shadow as an example...when roger federer steps out on court some players feel they are already beaten he returns everythin and many of his opponents afterwords say...his shots are "too good" and some players get the yips and screws up their serve...sounds similar doesn't it....Federer can't make people lose their senses but his world number 1 aura (tennis commenters actually use this phrase) makes players walk out on the court half beaten already...
    Yes, I forgot about that time where Federer made that guy go blind. And that other time when that other guy became evil and changed the color of his hair. But that's fine because he held the racket the right way.

.....No offense, but pot is NOT realistic. Okay, the strokes are. I'll give you that.
    ........but it's..just...impossible. Okay,some things are indeed possible. Like kaidoh's snake/boomerang snake. Hard to do it, yes, but still...possible. Yukimura making people nervous...fair enough. That's very,very plausible.
    Yukimura making people become blind and deaf?
    ...that's...a bit too much. Tezuka killing dinosaurs? A bit too much. People playing tennis in a sinking ship? You get my point.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I even mentioned Federer can't do that of course i know that im just saying there is realism in some of it...

Kirihara reminds me of John Mcenroe, when he got angry he fed off his anger and played better

Of course it's exaggerated but thats the point, it's based off of real things then made exaggerated....like the buggy whip evolving into the boomerang

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As a yaoi fangirl, I can assure you that the peer pressure to read this manga is one of the biggest out of all shounen. Probably only topped by Reborn nowadays .___.

I really dislike Tennis but with the 'real story' coming next year, I wonder how long I can hold up my barrier just for the sake of pretty boys >.>;

So, how do you feel that the first 379 chapters are called a prologue now?

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eni View Post
    As a yaoi fangirl, I can assure you that the peer pressure to read this manga is one of the biggest out of all shounen. Probably only topped by Reborn nowadays .___.

I really dislike Tennis but with the 'real story' coming next year, I wonder how long I can hold up my barrier just for the sake of pretty boys >.>;

The Yaoi is disturbing...i don't have anything against homosexuality...but the characters are no older than 15 at most...Tezuka's bday is october meaning he was still 14 when the series ended...Ryoma is 12....the yaoi becomes disturbing on a pedophile level when you know there ages...

That being said...9 years of prologue? sounds like BS to get us excited (which it did) i hope the time off calmed him down, manga's that run for too long start to..well you know:
    -Drangon Ball's plot holes
    -Bleach...just Bleach
    -Naruto and all the plot hax
    More power to konomi if he can pull it off

What do you mean peer pressure and what about Reborn! ? is it because the main cast is also ridiculously attractive?

Also didn't the tribute come out November 4?

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    the yaoi becomes disturbing on a pedophile level when you know there ages...
    Hm, you can't really call it pedophile seeing that the fangirls aren't (much) older (mostly). 14/15 is a very normal age for first love and by far not every Boys Love doujinshi goes into explicit scenes. Many are merely romantic and a lot even play a few years later, when character A meets B again. Besides if we were to go with the ages all the time, many many manga would suddenly become very disturbing in the cannon plot already (not only regarding sexual relationships but also when you see the level of violence - I don't find it normal for a 12 years old to fight covered in blood...) ^^

(But.... that's offtopic >.>)

That being said...9 years of prologue? sounds like BS to get us excited (which it did)
    Hehe, the announcement was very funny to read

I wonder for how long the sequel will run, it needs to surpass it's 'prologue' at least... technically.

What do you mean peer pressure and what about Reborn! ? is it because the main cast is also ridiculously attractive?
    Peer pressure, as in: So many doujinshi out there that you're pretty much forced to read the main series to understand them (and some annoying fangirls who bug you frequently to read it) >.>

Reborn is so overload with bishies, the mangaka could stop the plot on every moment and just publish a group picture each week without losing much fans <.<

Also didn't the tribute come out November 4?
    One chapter was aready released. I don't remember how much to come:
    http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=37415

Jump SQ is a monthly magazine, btw.
    Last edited by eni; November 18, 2008 at 09:52 AM.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep forgetting that they may be young..

I browse the tenipuri livejournal in search of news, and whenever i go i see a yaoi fic and sometimes is see NC-17...
    PoT+NC-17 is...ughh

Thanks for the link

So the new series will be once a month? that means about 30 page chapters

Edit: OVA 23 and 24 fansub
    http://www.youtube.com/user/kickassgal
    Last edited by Atobe the king; November 22, 2008 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ravsieg's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep thinking about on how the sequel would turn out for months. My thoughts always involve Ibu and Kamio joining Seigaku, Yuuta and Kaneda joining Yamabuki and Kaneda partnering that 2nd Year 2nd Doubles whirly cheeks guy, not sure of his name now.

Anyways, I am despising Niou's treatment on the OVA. On the manga he got a lot more respect.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tensai_Sakuragi's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course it's exaggerated but thats the point, it's based off of real things then made exaggerated....like the buggy whip evolving into the boomerang
    Ya know, up to chapter 150, it´s pretty realistic, with some "bearable exaggerations".
    When the characters start using the "Muga no Kyouichi" crap, though, it just becomes "epic spiritual fights with a tennis roupage".

I LOVED PoT. You can call it a great series up to the end of the Kantou Tournament, but the Nationals were pretty damn ridiculous.

This PoT2 crap is DAMN SCARY. I mean, come on...EARTH-DESTROYING TENNIS COMING SOON.

I know what you mean. My girlfriend is a SUPER-yaoi-fangirl.
    If the combo sports + yaoi amazes you, you should try Ookiku Furikabutte. The yaoi vibes on it ARE SO DAMN STRONG that it´s creepy. The series as a whole is fantastic, though.

TOTAL BULLSHIT.
    I mean...the only way such a statement would be proven true was if the new series had 500+ chapters and consisted on the players KNOCKING PLANETS AT EACH OTHER with their rackets. (Scary thing: it doesn´t sound that impossible, knowing Konomi.)

These are faces we will never, ever, forget.
    Thank you for helping us dream and aim even higher, dear Shohoku friends.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

people are exaggerating...PoT wasn't that unrealistic....go watch real tennis before you make those accusations

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

people are exaggerating...PoT wasn't that unrealistic....go watch real tennis before you make those accusations
    Are you for real???

Let me tell you this: I WATCH real tennis.
    Guga, Nadal, Federer, Agassi...I´ve see lots of games of all of my favorite players(and some double matches as well ).

HOW THE HELL CAN THAT MAKE ME THINK PoT IS REALISTIC???
    It´s the other way around, you know. By seeing real matches, one can be pretty damn sure that THERE´S NO FUCKING WAY someone can produce thunders out of his racket(Sanada), transform into someone else using illusions(Niou), make other peole go blind(Yukimura), CUT A TENNIS BALL IN HALF(Ryoma), TURN INTO A FUCKING DEMON(Akaya, Kaidou), SEND OTHER PEOPLE FLYING(Gin) or shit like that.

Come on, man. I liked PoT until the end of the Kantou Tournament, and I did think it was pretty cool and realistic(also, I love Atobe. He´s badass ), but there´s no way you can try to convice anyone in here that the Nationals matches were realistic.

EVEN MORE SO IF YOU COMPARE IT TO REAL TENNIS.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ravsieg's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

PoT wasn't all that unrealistic until some point. Then it followed that route when it was absolutely necessary to improve the players. Now it has NOTHING to do with tennis AT ALL.

And this is coming from an absolute tennis fanatic that got to watch PoT just because it was tennis, before I even enjoyed anime.
    Tell me the name of any player that's ranked below, say, #500 and I'll instantly recognize him.
    Oh yeah, I'm crazy enough to follow Grand Slam QUALIFIERS live knowing ALL THE PLAYERS and making predictions considering their style of play, recent form and surface. We're talking about guys ranked #150-#300 in here. As for the guys above that, it's the same thing.
    ~ Tirawit Kokin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtJ41mf019I
    Hi. I'm Tezuka. I'm stronger than Captain Falcon.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtJ41mf019I
    Hi. I'm Tezuka. I'm stronger than Captain Falcon.

To be fair with Atobe the King, though, I must point out that the movie was MUCH MORE OVER THE TOP than the manga or the anime series.
    Still hilarious, though.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast