Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gantz live action

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member KevinSephiroth's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz live action

mmm interesting but kinda disappointing sadly

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner fancyultrafresh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Neat idea, but it was all kinds of horrible : \

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member roxas_strife2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always dreamed of Gantz live action, and I wish I could make it one day. With high production quality of course. It would take up to at least 4 movies to cover everything thus far, and that's if they did it as quickly as possible without leaving out any missions. The first one would go up to the end of the Buddha mission, then the second one would go up till after the Dinosaur mission, and then the third would conclude with the Oni mission, and then the fourth one would go on till the end of the Nura mission, or up until the end of the Rome mission. And that would cover all that's out.

I think the aliens would be quite scary on the big screen if done properly.
    Last edited by roxas_strife2; April 22, 2009 at 07:03 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Lihinel's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I would prefer a differnt addaption for any live action. It's not like there is only a tokyo team, so one could actually produce some interesting new characters and story progression while keeping the base mechanism.

Maybe with someone in the team that knows of Nishis site as a connection or something the like...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revilenigma's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be cool to have center around the L.A., New York or Jerusalem team. Have a noob as the main character who enters the team filled with veterans who have H-guns, G-suits and mechs, makes friends with some of them only to have the entire team die off at the last mission in the movie and he/she's the only survivor, finds out about the 100 point menu and promises to bring them all back. Credits roll. at the end of the credits he/she tries to leave the room but the door won't open, the camera shifts to show the front of him/her trying to open the door with a blurred background containing the gantz ball, after a couple of second struggling to open the door the character becomes blurred and the background doesn't while..."A~TA~RASHI~I~A~SA~GA~KITA~".
    http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss310/revilenigma/avatars%20and%20sigs/boxman.png

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty interesting, though I think it would have looked even better if they hadn't mimicked the whole Onion Alien scene. If they had had an original storyline and an original room it would have looked pretty cool.

This did make me think: a Gantz movie based on the manga would be terrible I imagine (like the Dragonball movie) but maybe, if done properly, a Gantz movie could be made telling the story of another team, with unknown characters and an entirely different country.

And I agree with the fact that they could have avoided the green screen... Why use a still of a character instead of just putting them in the scene to act it out?
    Last edited by BrazilianGantzer; April 23, 2009 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member roxas_strife2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lihinel View Post
    To be honest, I would prefer a differnt addaption for any live action. It's not like there is only a tokyo team, so one could actually produce some interesting new characters and story progression while keeping the base mechanism.

Maybe with someone in the team that knows of Nishis site as a connection or something the like...
    Yeah, I would want to make the setting somewhere in America too really. That's also the same reason why I consider Gantz one of the easiest series around to write a fanfic of. As long as you use the same plot devices you could really do a brand new story. xD

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Renan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That was bad, but at the same time, so gooooooooooooooooooood.
    My grandmother always told me that the best way to end the day was with a long shower. A long shower that is so hot your flesh will slowly burn off and you chance of survival is very small...I don't see her a lot.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's something slightly more professional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rE4x...eature=related

this is pretty cool too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vmWS...eature=related
    Last edited by winterwyrm; April 23, 2009 at 10:18 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2