Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Sarry's Claymore 85 Review

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarry's Claymore 85 Review

Hello everybody

This is my first Claymore review, Hope you like it .

Note: Sorry for the late notice, but i will not be doing a review for chapter 86, however, i will be doing the review for chapter 87

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Thanks Binktopia for chapter.
    chapter 85 : Guarding the Brotherhood!

I crack myself up

Well, this chapter felt short.

The Chapter begins with Rubel finishing his speech with a warning to Claire& Co. He was relaxed during his monologue in the previous chapter, even stating that he was the informant of Miria and who knows who else. Makes you wonder, isn't the guy afraid he might get busted?
    I mean he is in enemy territory leaking secrets left and right. We have yet to see what he truly plans to do, or better yet what his *actual* superiors plan to. Since he is more likely to be working under direct orders from the mainland. A guess of mine is that he and his buddy spies have a poker night in which they discuss secrets of the state . It would be interesting to see why exactly Rubel is so sure of himself, while prancing underneath the gaze of the Org. Superiors.

Plus the fact that he holds Rafaela and some others dear. I guess the mainland people are recruiting, but the Rogue Claymores don't look like they are interested.

What do you know, Miria is even more amazing!

One thing that adds credibility to the story is the experience factor. We know Clare is uber strong, she has Teresa's flesh inside her, she Shred Rigardo to pieces and so on, but experience always comes first. Miria is an older Claymore and according to Deneve, she has the upper hand if both gals were ever to fight. Not for nothing Miria is the Leader; Strategy-wise and strength-wise.

Also, they shed some light on Clare's strengths and weaknesses. She still has room for development and that development is somewhat clearer now. Experience and a cool head.

And everyone just loves Miria, oh the lovey-dovey feelings. We love her too.

Hey pretty, wanna go out for lunch?

More claymores on the move. Nice character design as well but not a match for Flora. Hopefully this one sticks around. We see that Helen and Devene were relaxing in front of big plasma TV, oh wait, they are watching an actual battle between a powerful and a group of inexperienced claymores.The organization might be doing the spring cleaning already since they have Alicia and Beth, who cares about the rest of the claymores? We, Rubel and his buddies do.

This is also an indicator that the Org. is truly focusing on the original war instead of Monopoly games with the abysmal ones. Aha! so enough playing with the guinea pigs, time to send'em to war! I guess Isley might beg to differ, he already recruited, Riful is doing so as well. It could be a prologue to a bigger storyline, maybe one that includes the mainland.

Dietrich is quick on her feet

As expected from Helen, she charges ahead to save the losing team cutting up one of the beast’s arms, while Deneve follows her. But it seems that Helen's motives are suspicious, was it to valiantly help fallen comrades or just to play with the beast? On that I wasn't so clear, it really seemed she was enjoying her time. Well she was locked up for a long time, might as well have some fun even at the expense of revealing her group to the Organization.

We get to see another wonder, what you might ask?

A new generation claymore that is not snobby, bitchy or arrogant. Dietrich seems like a clever person who is actually strong to match her single digit. Not like a few of her colleagues, let's say Rachel and Audrey. Renee is cool though, she got captured and almost chopped to pieces. That's what happens to good claymores .
    Back to Dietrich, she agrees to keep quiet on her sudden reinforcements and just destroy the awakened being. Sounds so easy, just open the fridge, take the cake and then eat it . No problem!

In conclusion, A transitional Chapter that served to set more standards to the story. Now we know for a fact that Miria is the pwsnomest of the Ghosts ( which we knew before, but it doesn't hurt to say it every once in a while), Clare is not so bad either. A new sensible claymore appears, and we have a old and new generation cooperation, which is very nice. Not your typical "Knock'em out and let us 'Ghost busters' do the dirty work."

I would give The chapter is 8 out 10, mainly because it gives insight on the mental awareness of individual members, displayed by Helen and Devene. Also the chapter touches on the manpower shortage of the Organization, their somewhat desperate tactics.

Maybe I should include few negative points as well. I felt the absence of certain characters such as Renee, what is going on with her? At the moment her storyline is the most important. Also where is Raki and Priscilla? still wandering maybe. The information given was a bit repetitive of what we already knew. In the same time it took place from panels with new stuff.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't hesitate to point out the mistakes. As always, the comments are very welcome
    Last edited by Baron Hugenstein; December 19, 2008 at 11:55 PM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sarry's Claymore 85 Review

Quote Originally Posted by sarry View Post
    I guess the mainland people are recruiting, but the Rogue Claymores don't look like they are interested.
    This didn't cross my mind, but it's logical. Why wouldn't they want to have Claymores on their side? But it would be difficult to convince someone like Miria or Galatea to become their ally. Then again, they could offer them something like a chance for a normal life.

Quote Quote:
    This is also an indicator that the Org. is truly focusing on the original war instead of Monopoly games with the abysmal ones. Aha! so enough playing with the guinea pigs, time to send'em to war! I guess Isley might beg to differ, he already recruited, Riful is doing so as well. It could be a prologue to a bigger storyline, maybe one that includes the mainland.
    That's an interesting idea. The present Claymores awaken much later, so they will be more useful, even if they are not perfect yet. But I think that the situation on the mainland is stable, both sides are equally matched. That's why the Organization could retreat with their experiments to the island.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the late reply
    Quote Originally Posted by natli View Post
    This didn't cross my mind, but it's logical. Why wouldn't they want to have Claymores on their side? But it would be difficult to convince someone like Miria or Galatea to become their ally. Then again, they could offer them something like a chance for a normal life.
    Well, as we know, the "world of claymores" is just an experimental area for new weapons, so it would make perfect sense if the other side would want a sample or two of the new weapons; Or even get a couple of strong ones to act as a possible counterattack option, in case the Organization comes up with a more stable, a very powerful and re-usable weapon, i.e Beth and Alicia.

Quote Quote:

That's an interesting idea. The present Claymores awaken much later, so they will be more useful, even if they are not perfect yet. But I think that the situation on the mainland is stable, both sides are equally matched. That's why the Organization could retreat with their experiments to the island.
    Could be, it could explain why they taking their time;
    However, another possible explanation could be that the Organization is receiving a larger number of casualties from the inefficiency of their super soldiers, since they have to keep making more and more as these soldiers are a one-time card.
    This would also explain why the Organization is just making random claymores to see which ones become powerful and which ones become failures
    Last edited by Baron Hugenstein; November 14, 2008 at 11:54 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Clare needs more than a bit more experience and a coll head according to Denevieve's estimation. She's outclassed in ever category except "X-Factor".

In order the Catch Miria Clare needs to work on her technique, solve her stamina problem further, AND gain a bit of wisdom.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a bit weird though, That Clare always looked stronger than Miria... Deneve's comparison caught me by surprise...

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANBU4U View Post
    I'd say Clare needs more than a bit more experience and a coll head according to Denevieve's estimation. She's outclassed in ever category except "X-Factor".

In order the Catch Miria Clare needs to work on her technique, solve her stamina problem further, AND gain a bit of wisdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by rukori View Post
    That's a bit weird though, That Clare always looked stronger than Miria... Deneve's comparison caught me by surprise...
    Well, it does give realistic feel to the story, generally experience wins against raw power, as well as the leader should be the most powerful as that will hold the group together, in theory of course.

Plus it is good to know that heroine isn't the alpha female, and there are others on the same team that are better, for now anyways..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess you're right in a sense, but to me it sounds like a cheap effort of Yagi to show that Clare still has more room for improvement..
    As of now we can't see the bottom of either of the G7's strengh 'cause neither of them even got a scratch since the time skip... All I said earlier is that Clare at least looked moree impressive than Miria, and after all in Claymore usually the one who looks impressive from the start is the stronger.

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Yagi wants to show that Raw power isn't always the best way to win, but ya i also feel that it was somewhat a cheap shot from Yagi

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member malloween's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

claymore has a long way to go... they might be able to leave the continent they are staying and discover where the claymores are being made and how they are made from other countries... can't wait to see.,.
    i love you very much, i love you more than anyone who could love another person

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malloween View Post
    claymore has a long way to go... they might be able to leave the continent they are staying and discover where the claymores are being made and how they are made from other countries... can't wait to see.,.
    Well, that's the great potential that Claymore has.
    Me too, i can't wait to see the dragon side, and how they powers differ from the organization's powers.
    But that is a long way from now, i am guessing the organization will take a heavy blow before we go onto the other side.

New Reply